IGNORED

Derick, Jill, and Izzie

Coconut Flan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I've been trying to figure this out and just when I think I have, I realize I am wrong. Who the heck is "Pickles"?

Also, I healed really well after my c-section would have been able to travel and was using a sling (correctly) within a month.

Jill wearing a sling like that is so confusing to me. Obviously she's been around countless women with babies in slings...there's no way she doesn't know how they are supposed to be worn properly? Maybe somehow they just got a picture at a weird moment when she was readjusting, or she didn't want the baby in the photo or something? I know Jill's naive as hell but she can't be THAT stupid. She's practically wearing him like a fanny pack.

Jill wearing a sling like that is so confusing to me. Obviously she's been around countless women with babies in slings...there's no way she doesn't know how they are supposed to be worn properly? Maybe somehow they just got a picture at a weird moment when she was readjusting, or she didn't want the baby in the photo or something? I know Jill's naive as hell but she can't be THAT stupid. She's practically wearing him like a fanny pack.

Sadly, I think we all gave Jill far too much credit for her knowledge base when it came to pregnancy, labor, delivery and even infants.

I would like to think she's smarter than that, but who knows.

I know that Anna had her kid forward facing in the car well before it would be safe. I swear these people are a little to lax when it comes to safety.

I was actually watching an older episode when McKenzie (sp?) was a baby and they took her to Florida. Anna's parents picked them up at the airport and they never actually show them in the car. But they didn't seem to bring a car seat. So I am left to wonder if Anna's parents had on in the van or what.

Long time reader first time poster!

How Jill is holding Izzy is KILLING me!! I hope someone tells her how easy it is for him to suffocate and die with him in the sling like that!!

Israel David just looks way too heavy for that sling to be comfortable for Jill to wear across her surgical incision and enlarged nursing chest. He might be better off in a stroller at this point, since at his age I guess he shouldn't be in a backpack type carrier.

I would like to think she's smarter than that, but who knows.

I know that Anna had her kid forward facing in the car well before it would be safe. I swear these people are a little to lax when it comes to safety.

I was actually watching an older episode when McKenzie (sp?) was a baby and they took her to Florida. Anna's parents picked them up at the airport and they never actually show them in the car. But they didn't seem to bring a car seat. So I am left to wonder if Anna's parents had on in the van or what.

They remind me so much of my parents and my own childhood experience it's scary. I know I'm projecting, but really, nothing they do with regard to lack of proper child- or pet care surprises me. My parents and their peers didn't know there were childrearing books they should have been reading. They didn't (still don't) understand that there's more to pet ownership than setting a bowl of food out on the back step. There was no excuse for that in the 1970s and there's even less excuse for it now.

She's functioning like a person who didn't just have her abdomen sliced open and her internal organs shifted or partially removed then put back and stitched and taped. :angry-banghead:

i wanted nothing like a sling anywhere near the swelling and bruising, less than a month post-op.

I wonder if she declined pain meds to be able to nurse? They told me the pain meds were okay, and i did nurse, but my daughter was sooooooo sleepy because of it. One unfortunate side effect of pain medication is that it could make her feel well enough to be more active than she should, for a full recovery.

Everyone is differnt. I don't feel like my c-section was all that apinful, especially compared to other surgeries I have had. I was mostly back to normal after a couple of weeks. Maybe she is one of the lucky ones like I was.

Israel David just looks way too heavy for that sling to be comfortable for Jill to wear across her surgical incision and enlarged nursing chest. He might be better off in a stroller at this point, since at his age I guess he shouldn't be in a backpack type carrier.

If worn properly(which Jill is not)the ring sling can be VERY comfortable. I carry my 17lb 4month old in my sling and I also breastfeed him and I could carry him all day long with no pain! And if she was wearing him right he would be no where near her incision site!

Everyone is differnt. I don't feel like my c-section was all that apinful, especially compared to other surgeries I have had. I was mostly back to normal after a couple of weeks. Maybe she is one of the lucky ones like I was.

Yep, I was fully functioning within a week, with all of my sections. Had both of my kids on a Tuesday, home on Friday and my hubs was back to work on Monday. Totally, so easy and painless.

There is a very specific way to wear a sling. How could Jill not know this. You'd think a "student midwife" would know this? I'm past disappointed with Jill now - I'm disgusted.

Also, Arkansas posts a list of licensed lay midwife apprentices. Jill's license has expired. (Sorry if this is old news)

There is a very specific way to wear a sling. How could Jill not know this. You'd think a "student midwife" would know this? I'm past disappointed with Jill now - I'm disgusted.

Also, Arkansas posts a list of licensed lay midwife apprentices. Jill's license has expired. (Sorry if this is old news)

Could you source the highlighted, thanks.

I doubt doulas and midwife apprentices are especially trained on something like how to wear a baby sling. But pretty much every woman Jill knows over 25 is a mom, most likely, and she surely reads all of these "natural mom" blogs that talk about stuff like slings all the time. I mean, I don't even have kids and I know looking at that photo that it's wrong. It's just obvious.

So I do want to maybe give her the benefit out the doubt and hope that she maybe readjusted it because she didn't want the baby in the photo or something. I haven't quite convinced myself that's the case...but I'm trying.

Got it: http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/program ... ntices.pdf

lay midwife apprentice list updated 4/22/15

ETA it looks like she and Jana lost their apprenticeship when Venessa lost her license, because if you look at an older pdf, you'll see their permits weren't set to expire until August 31, 2015. http://web.archive.org/web/201311020221 ... ntices.pdf (Jill's permit was active last week, I saw it but didn't save it to the wayback machine like I should have.)

http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/program ... ntices.pdf

Dated April 22 2015

EDIT: NVM I see already someone already did that work for me :D

Does anyone know how Venessa lost her license? Is she still licensed in other states...?

Maybe she was doing home VBACs ;)

Wait, did Venessa lose her license?! How did I miss that?

Yeah it was discussed during Jill's labor and delivery weekend of FJ insanity. I read every word of those threads but somehow I thought they were talking about another midwife.

Yeah it was discussed during Jill's labor and delivery weekend of FJ insanity. I read every word of those threads but somehow I thought they were talking about another midwife.

Huh, I don't know how I missed that! I do remember that some of her moms lost babies, right? So it was determined for sure, or legally at least, that she was negligent?

It looks like they had a delivery in the past week (on the FB). Could they only be working out of Oklahoma now? Very interesting...

Huh, I don't know how I missed that! I do remember that some of her moms lost babies, right? So it was determined for sure, or legally at least, that she was negligent?

It looks like they had a delivery in the past week (on the FB). Could they only be working out of Oklahoma now? Very interesting...

I haven't gone back to look, but iirc there was a group b strep situation that went bad. I'm sorry I don't know much about these things. Someday I'll reread the thread, but not right now.

On the picture in the past thread of baby Izzy, why is he so greasy??? It is odd that they havent been posting very many pics of the baby, and then the one that they do post is horrible. And it seems like Jessa made up for it by posting an adorable collage.

On the picture in the past thread of baby Izzy, why is he so greasy??? It is odd that they havent been posting very many pics of the baby, and then the one that they do post is horrible. And it seems like Jessa made up for it by posting an adorable collage.

I'm talking about this photo, btw.

instagram.com/p/11j9B6rs9B/?taken-by=jillmdillard

If you cut out the shelf bra, you can pull the tank top up higher, therefore covering any possible cleavage.

Can confirm. I've done this, too. The bra limits the distance between the bottom of your boobs and the neckline of the shirt.

Archived