IGNORED

Derick, Jill, and Izzie

Coconut Flan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/i-hate-when-parents-ask-who-the-baby-looks-like.jpg

Izzie = potato.

11123816_773981659366205_27724013_n.jpg

derickdillard 3rd generation "Pistol Pete" right here! #okstate #legacypete #gopokes 1h

Jill engraining false hope or maybe they'll only send Israel to college?

Derick looks tired (as expected) but really happy. I think that's a nice picture. And hopefully Izzie is able to go to college some day if that's what he chooses.

the nose, philtrum and mouth.

Agree. Add nasolabial folds and the parallel lines coming down from his eyes (no idea what those are called)

{L_OFFTOPIC} :
I know - I was shocked at the early showing - I was like WTF - then I had to rewatch it and I couldn't sleep :D -- Shonda is cray cray

{L_OFFTOPIC} :
and did you notice that they took Derek to "Dillard Medical Center"

Israel, Izzy, or whatever you want to call him looks a lot like Jill. I feel really guilty for even thinking this cause I am sure he'll grow to be a cute kid like the rest of the Duggars but for now he's like that baby from the Seinfeld episode.

Also is it just me or has anyone else noticed the change in Derick? I know many people thought/hoped he would be more progressive because he went to college but some of the things he's been spewing sound like he drank quite a bit of the kool-aid. Either they have influenced his views or he's being more vocal about his own and we were all wrong in thinking he was marginally different from the Duggars.

Either way he and Jill are working hard to win the prize of the most annoying Duggar couple. What is it about getting married that makes these people act like a bunch of know-it-alls on a soapbox. Is it that instagram account?

Derick has been assimilated into the Gothard collective. That's why they had to go to Big Sandy with an unvaccinated newborn.

:borg:

11123816_773981659366205_27724013_n.jpg

derickdillard 3rd generation "Pistol Pete" right here! #okstate #legacypete #gopokes 1h

Jill engraining false hope or maybe they'll only send Israel to college?

I really really had to hold myself back from commenting on that post. There is no chance of him going to college if Jill homeschools him. The Duggar children can barely read or write or do basic math. Does Derick think that their child will somehow be the exception? There is this fundie mentality I have recently noticed that everything will just magically work out because ~Jesus~. How about giving your child the tools to succeed instead of hampering them at every step and then praying things work out?

I really really had to hold myself back from commenting on that post. There is no chance of him going to college if Jill homeschools him. The Duggar children can barely read or write or do basic math. Does Derick think that their child will somehow be the exception? There is this fundie mentality I have recently noticed that everything will just magically work out because ~Jesus~. How about giving your child the tools to succeed instead of hampering them at every step and then praying things work out?

Maybe they'll surprise us all by bringing in a qualified private tutor :lol: Or maybe they'll make Is an honorary Pistol Pete for tv :roll:

Maybe they'll surprise us all by bringing in a qualified private tutor :lol: Or maybe they'll make Is an honorary Pistol Pete for tv :roll:

The second is more likely. The Duggars getting special treatment because they are famous is nothing new.

I don't really know anything about homeschooling. But if it's done correctly, by all accounts, the child should be able to get into college...right?

I don't really know anything about homeschooling. But if it's done correctly, by all accounts, the child should be able to get into college...right?

Not if his primary educator cannot figure out how to make 3 servings of rice from a recipe that indicates how to make 1, 2 or 4 servings...or what size pot to use-

Oh, I wasn't asking about the Duggars, specifically. I just mean, in general, a home schooled person could still get into college...right?

I learned how to get the image without the comments and junk

4oi8oWi.jpg

Uh oh. Seems Mr. Dillard leaves toilet lid up. Deal breaker.

I thought it looked like the seat was up too. Yuck. (Though it almost looks like the toilet doesn't have a seat at all or something.)

Uh oh. Seems Mr. Dillard leaves toilet lid up. Deal breaker.

Looks like he's wearing little cargo shorts like Derick does.... wonder what size Izzy is in now... 9 mo ?

Oh, I wasn't asking about the Duggars, specifically. I just mean, in general, a home schooled person could still get into college...right?

Yes. Lots of homeschoolers go on to top universities and even Ivies. It just depends on the quality of homeschool education. If the bible is your main text book, expect to need at least a few years of remedial classes at a local community college before you really start on a degree or certificate program.

Absolutely no reason they couldn't as long as their teacher/ curriculum is actually COMPETENT. I'm kind of holding out hope that maybe after the first few years of home schooling Derick will realize Jill isn't really cut out for the job and send Izzy+future kids to a private Christian school, or maybe Jill will get overwhelmed and agree to send the kids to school just for the free childcare. I wouldn't be surprised if josh and Anna did that too,especially if they're still living in DC when Mackynzie gets a little older.

Yeah, I don't know how anyone could home school their older children while still taking care of little ones. I just have ONE toddler and if I don't get stuff done around the house at naptime or when my husband isn't working...pretty much nothing gets done. I cannot imagine having a toddler or baby while trying to devote time to teaching other children. If Anna keeps popping out babies, (which she will, I'm sure), I'll be curious to see how she handles it.

Yes. A lot of the kids who go to the National Spelling Bee are homeschooled, iirc

Yes. A lot of the kids who go to the National Spelling Bee are homeschooled, iirc

There was a time when children had to complete 3rd grade or be 8 yrs old prior to being homeschooled (I am not sure exactly but those are close in CA back in the 80s & early 90's). The laws were a lot more stringent. There are plenty of homeschooled children that go on to University etc. They are also actually being taught by someone with a brain who cares about their education.

It wasn't until the religion part came into play were we see people who are homeschooled and stupid. Now anyone can homeschool their child and as we've seen some do a real bang up job. :lol:

Archived