IGNORED

Derick, Jill, and Izzie

Coconut Flan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the same thing, but I always think babies are ugly till about two months so I thought it was just me.

Newborns are cute in how tiny they are. They are not ACTUALLY cute, imo. :lol: Mine looked like little aliens, born weighing 2 pounds. I think it takes most babies a month or so to unfold from being cramped up in a uterus for so long! Then they get crazy adorable by like 4 months!! I've rarely or never seen a 4+ month old baby that wasn't stinking adorable. Newborns, no way! "Cute" because they are new, yours, and tiny. Most aren't objectively good looking.

I can't snark the headband. Yes, it's silly that it says her name (is she 5?), but I have worn my hair in a ponytail nearly every day for 3 years now. Too busy taking care of kids to blow dry and style my hair. I'm lucky I get that shower! The only way I'd have time to do more than that is to get up before them and that will never, ever happen :D

He looks like the spitting image of Derick in the bottom left one.

I'm not sure I particularly see the Derick resemblance, but he does look adorable! I didn't think the pictures Derick/Jill/whomever posted yesterday (or the day before? the bath one and the lap one) were particularly cute but he is a handsome little fella!

I thought the same thing, but I always think babies are ugly till about two months so I thought it was just me.

I think they are hard to relate to until they smile, then they seem somewhat human... :D

The headband in the car...I think that's the coming home from the hospital photo. I can see the hospital band still on Derick's wrist.

Is it just me, or is Derick holding the baby very strangely in that outdoor photo?

True, but memorizing how to spell words does not foster critical thinking. I know some very well educated young people Who were homeschooled but they didn't spend their time that way.

Homeschoolers are (often) good at spelling because they read a lot of books, not because they memorize how to spell words.

Homeschoolers are (often) good at spelling because they read a lot of books, not because they memorize how to spell words.

Right, but good at spelling is not National Spelling Bee spelling. My daughter was friends in with a girl who won the bee in our stare and went to nationals. She studying lists of words all the time. She also had stacks of flash cards and her mother would drill her. It takes hard work to spell well enough to compete in these contests, a kid can't just pick it up by reading.

I don't mean to put down the top spellers at all, they work very hard at something which is much like a sport. It's connection to actual learning is however not very great.

wait till we hit October / November

it will be a field day here :D

a0fe9da0aedfa16214daada16b0ac8f4.jpg?itok=G8vh6zsi

I will need to plan ahead and clear my calendar... no appointments, stock up on groceries ahead of time and OMG hopefully there will not be a power outage. Just when you leave the house is when the news will break that Baby Benessa is here. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm not sure I particularly see the Derick resemblance, but he does look adorable! I didn't think the pictures Derick/Jill/whomever posted yesterday (or the day before? the bath one and the lap one) were particularly cute but he is a handsome little fella!

Really? I thought he looked like an alien in the bath picture.

Then again, I'm not a fan of any infant and think they all look like wrinkled old men. He does look significantly better in these than the other recent ones though.

I will need to plan ahead and clear my calendar... no appointments, stock up on groceries ahead of time and OMG hopefully there will not be a power outage. Just when you leave the house is when the news will break that Baby Benessa is here. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can hardly wait :D

149868.030.01.197_20150323_170755.jpg

19714_734723539959791_8303434386704677273_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=1719c68d584d161c7e65809704089840&oe=55998071&__gda__=1441100316_43a2a020d01be287bfb203ace50176e3

What the h*ll is going on with dilly?

I saw this on pickles and thought I had to share with you guys.

In what sense? He looks pretty haggard-- working, traveling, and a newborn will do it.

In what sense? He looks pretty haggard-- working, traveling, and a newborn will do it.

Sorry, I meant baby dilly!

I know Jill is an expert, but it is so important to make sure that babies, especially newborns with limited ability to hold their heads up, can breathe freely in a hammock type sling.

Right, but good at spelling is not National Spelling Bee spelling. My daughter was friends in with a girl who won the bee in our stare and went to nationals. She studying lists of words all the time. She also had stacks of flash cards and her mother would drill her. It takes hard work to spell well enough to compete in these contests, a kid can't just pick it up by reading.

I don't mean to put down the top spellers at all, they work very hard at something which is much like a sport. It's connection to actual learning is however not very great.

They also study word origins, semantics, and so.much.grammar. :lol:

They basically need to be able to build words they've never seen, based on definitions and sound.

That is nowhere close to the correct positioning for a ring sling. You should be able to kiss the top of baby's head.

She's functioning like a person who didn't just have her abdomen sliced open and her internal organs shifted or partially removed then put back and stitched and taped. :angry-banghead:

i wanted nothing like a sling anywhere near the swelling and bruising, less than a month post-op.

I wonder if she declined pain meds to be able to nurse? They told me the pain meds were okay, and i did nurse, but my daughter was sooooooo sleepy because of it. One unfortunate side effect of pain medication is that it could make her feel well enough to be more active than she should, for a full recovery.

I want to burn that damn 'Jill' headband.

Just imagine the headbands Izzy would be wearing, if he was a girl.

Archived