IGNORED

The Baby Seewald Name, Date, Etc guesses - MERGED

VelociRapture

Scarlett's very common now, so you might want to scratch that one if you're going for 'weird'. ;) Summer and April are pretty normal, too.

I had a great-great-aunt named Thora. So I figure one day I could have a kid name Thor and say it's a family name.

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am a weird name liker. Girl names on our list were ; Summer, April, Oudia, Svetlana, Thora, Cleona, Cleopatha, Scarlett and Cerulean. Boys names Alexei, Azariah and I liked Azreal unlike I found out who he was.

Svetlana makes me think of Russian ballet dancers. Have you thought of other Russian/Russian-derived names? I'm personally a fan of Kseniya and Anastasia/Nastya.

I also like sort of uncommon/less-used names, but I'm also thinking of becoming a diplomat after I'm done with my Master's, so I also want to consider names that are easy to pronounce in a lot of languages, since any hypothetical kid is going to be attending a lot of international schools. But on my list of Don't Care About Pronunciation names, I have Felicity, Verity, Eleanor, Carys, Ariel, and Cecilia/Cecile for a girl. Artem, Josiah (named for Bartlet, NOT Duggar), Seth, Gabriel, Garrett/Gareth, or Endeavour (middle name probably) for a boy. Maybe they're not that uncommon, but in a sea of Mackynzies and Noahs, they stand out enough.

On the Seewald front: I think it's going to be a boy and his name will be Christian something.

On the baby name front: DH and I only have two names picked out, Rosie and Jackson. Still no idea what Rosie will be short for. I think Rose is too plain with our four letter last name. The only other girl names I like are Aria and Selah.

I have a question

So when Jill said she was originally due what was the date March 24 ( and then when she was closer to the due date) she said she gave herself a window of 10 days after that date - hence the date she actually had IDDY which was 10 days later

are we supposed to believe that Jessa actually believes she will give birth on November 1 or is that 10 days after her supposed due date of what October 20 ? or is she planning to give birth and keep it quiet for 10 days until the anniversary and just show us a hand

thoughts ?

Oof, that must have been so, so hard. I think any preemies I've read about or known with lung issues (which are usually due to prematurity not disorders) have been able to eventually go home trached or on O2. At some point was she moved to PICU instead of NICU? Imagining an 18 month old in the NICU alongside a constant flow of newborns is just so hard for the parents.

No she was not moved as the PICU had fewer beds. She was moved to a less critical area of the nicu where more chronic babies were cared for.

Svetlana makes me think of Russian ballet dancers. Have you thought of other Russian/Russian-derived names? I'm personally a fan of Kseniya and Anastasia/Nastya.

I also like sort of uncommon/less-used names, but I'm also thinking of becoming a diplomat after I'm done with my Master's, so I also want to consider names that are easy to pronounce in a lot of languages, since any hypothetical kid is going to be attending a lot of international schools. But on my list of Don't Care About Pronunciation names, I have Felicity, Verity, Eleanor, Carys, Ariel, and Cecilia/Cecile for a girl. Artem, Josiah (named for Bartlet, NOT Duggar), Seth, Gabriel, Garrett/Gareth, or Endeavour (middle name probably) for a boy. Maybe they're not that uncommon, but in a sea of Mackynzies and Noahs, they stand out enough.

We named our daughter Aelita after Aleksey Tolstoy's book Aelita:Queen of mars. We're (kind of) TTC our 2nd child so we always on the look out for name.

On the Seewald front: I think it's going to be a boy and his name will be Christian something.

On the baby name front: DH and I only have two names picked out, Rosie and Jackson. Still no idea what Rosie will be short for. I think Rose is too plain with our four letter last name. The only other girl names I like are Aria and Selah.

Suggestions for Rosie:

Rosalie

Rosamund

Rosalyn

Rosalind (my personal favorite: you have the Shakespearean origins plus Rosalind Franklin, the pioneering scientist who was the true discoverer of the double helix, plus the Old Hollywood actress Rosalind Russell)

Rosaline

Rosemary

More Rose names: Rose (classic), Rosa, Rosalia, Rosetta, Rosanna, Rosaria

True story--we had a child at a school where I taught whose name was spelled

S-H-I-T-H-E-A-D---pronounced "Sha-thawd. We also had a Sundaycarbirth. He was born on a Sunday in the family car. Poor kids.

Suggestions for Rosie:

Rosalie

Rosamund

Rosalyn

Rosalind (my personal favorite: you have the Shakespearean origins plus Rosalind Franklin, the pioneering scientist who was the true discoverer of the double helix, plus the Old Hollywood actress Rosalind Russell)

Rosaline

Rosemary

I love you so much right now. Rosalind Franklin is one of my heroes. It always bugs me that they waited until after she died to award the Nobel Prize to the men involved. So many textbooks skip over her contributions because of that and it pisses me off.

Rosanna, Roseanne, Rosamund?

Rosamund Pike has a 4 letter last name ...

Do any older relatives confuse the hell out of them by exclaiming "Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!" when they're angry or surprised?

Also, I find it interesting that Jesús is a relatively common Hispanic name, but the only person I can think of named Jesus (pronounced Jee-zus) besides the man himself (who was Yeshua/Joshua, really) is this punk rock star named GG Allin, whose birth name was Jesus Christ Allen (his dad was severely mentally ill and believed his child would be the messiah). And plenty of Hindus name their kids stuff like Ganesh, Lakshmi, Rama, Krishna, Sita, or Harendra (name of two different gods combined). And people have no problem naming kids after other prophets (Miriam, Moses/Moishe, Muhammad, Isaac, Abraham/Ibrahim, Isaac, Jacob). So why is Jesus (but not Jesús) so taboo as a name?

I believe the reason Jesus isn't used as a name in English speaking countries is that so many people in the Protestant tradition use Jesus interchangeably with God. So to name your child Jesus was arrogant and maybe even profane. (Taking the Lord's name... ) It's not like being named for a prophet or saint. Jesus is the name of the Savior.

Among Hispanics, who have a long Catholic tradition, God-the-father seems more distinct from Jesus-the-son who is also God. At least, that has been my observation.

My great-uncle (born around 1905) was named Jesus, and his brothers included a Jose (Joseph) and an Angel. Their only sister was Mary of Mercies (Maria de las Mercedes). The family was not devout, these were just family names.(with accents that I can't add with this keyboard).

As for really odd names, Most recently, I''ve had a student called Godang (pronounced God-DANG) middle-name Boy, and a student named Klipatre.(Kli PAT ray) also one called Marshmellow...

I still really want a Rose Lila Seewald. Or a Lila Rose Seewald. I think it'd be funny/cute af, especially if she grows up to be super pro choice!

I'm so ready for this baby to arrive - the Duggs/Dills/Seewalds have been boring me lately....

Either have the fricken baby Jessa, or go get Joshie out of rehab!!

Suggestions for Rosie:

Rosalie

Rosamund

Rosalyn

Rosaline

Rosemary

Rosalia and Rosina are the top contenders right now. Though Rosalind/a sounds pretty.

I think Baby's going to come a week early and per Jessa's comments on naming her kids after Christian heroes that its name will be Kristen Davis Seewald or William Gothard Seewald.

Is it bad I'm hoping the baby comes on Oct. 31st so everyone will always mention Halloween?

Quincy as a middle name is totally something I could see them doing. Ben is ~*so*~ clever.

Lastly, I don't think they'll choose a variation of Rose, but if they did, I think Rosemarie is an awesome name. Like Rosemary's modern, sassy, sister.

Student names, past and present, at my school:

Chaotika....goes by Tika - girl

Leather..bit

Lace...girl

Sirjarine (I still can't pronounce this correctly) boy

There are more but these stand out.

Just imagine all the outrageous names if they chose Q as their name letter. Quentin, Quincy, Quourtney, Q'allison...the ideas as endless.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived