IGNORED

The Baby Seewald Name, Date, Etc guesses - MERGED

VelociRapture

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As someone named Destiny, I'm going out on a limb and saying that Destiny is NOT a virtue lol, nor is it a virtous name (really I've done my best to make sure of this!), plus Miley Cyrus' name at birth was Destiny.

I highly doubt Destiny would be a Seewald choice.

And hope was her middle name. 'Nother name less :lol:

And hope was her middle name. 'Nother name less :lol:

Very true lol! My Mom went out there with my name (Destiny was not common in 1981 lol!) but my middle name is so boring that facebook can accurately predict it with very little personal information.

Very true lol! My Mom went out there with my name (Destiny was not common in 1981 lol!) but my middle name is so boring that facebook can accurately predict it with very little personal information.

Let me guess -- Marie? Grace? Ann?

I just curious about the whole Facebook predicting a middle name thing. Where does Facebook try to predict your middle name?

Girl names like "Charity", "Hope", "Faith", "Grace", "Destiny", "Mercy", Felicity". And of course boy names like "Will", "Strong", "Valor", "Justice", "Merit", "Noble" etc..

I think "Charity" would be hilariously ironic.

I'am really kind of mildly depressed that Jill and Jessa are breaking away from the same letter names. I always imagined it would be easy for other fundies in their circle to figure out whose child was whose by knowing which Duggar picked which letter to use for their children's names. But I still have hope that Jill and Jessa will reconsider breaking a family tradition and decide to give each of their offspring the same first initial. It's not over by any means for Jill, there are some really great "I" letter names out there: Isiah, Isaac, Ian, Isabelle, Isla, Ivy.. it's really doable even with a the letter "I". I imagine at the fundie conferences like Big Sandy, it would be easy to direct children back to the right parents. Imagine if you will a nondescript fundie woman approaching a group of grand-Duggarlings.

Fundie Woman: Oh look at all of you kids playing so nicely together. I can tell by the poodle hair-do's that the girls have and the hair spray the boys have in their hair that you are some of the Duggar grandchildren.

Grand-Duggars: (collectively) Yes, ma'am

Fundie Woman: Hi little boy what is your name?

Grand-Duggar #42: Ichabod

Fundie Woman: Oh you have an "I' name, you must be Jill's little boy. Little girl with the big pink bow as big as your head, what is your name?

Grand-Duggar #43: Quintessential

Fundie Woman: Quintessential, you say? Why yes, yes you most certainly are, a "Q" name, you must belong to Jessa's family. And little boy with the big toy guitar what is your name?

Grand-Duggar #44: Claussen

Fundie Woman: Oooohhhh Clawson, the letter "C" you have to be Jinger's son. Clawson what a great name, you must be named after your father Lawson.

Grand-Duggar #44: No ma'am

Fundie Woman: Nooooo?

Grand-Duggar #44: I'm not named after my dad, my name is spelled C-L-A-U-S-S-E-N, I'm named after the Pickle!

Fundie Woman: bwwwwahahahaha, that Jinger I tell you, she has always had a great sense of humor, it's nice to meet you Claussen. And little sweet girl with the resting frown face, what is your name?

Grand-Duggar #45: My name is Maddysin.

Fundie Woman: Oh..as in Ashley Madison... oh..ooooohhhh your father must be Josh. Oh honey, I'm so sorry, I'm so sooo sorry. Dear Lord in Heaven, that's just awful, I'm so sorry...

With 100+ future Grand-Duggars due to come down the pike (so to speak) someday, I think it would be a huge disservice to their children to quit doing the same initial names now. The same initial names would really help in the identification of so many children in one family. Now if you will excuse me, I'm going to go and pitch this to SNL to use as a future script.

:lol: :lol: I'm hoping one of the kids goes with an X theme. That way they have to limit their quiver and can name their kids things like Xylophone or Xenophobia.

I just curious about the whole Facebook predicting a middle name thing. Where does Facebook try to predict your middle name?

It was a link you click on and then it steals your data and predicts your middle name. It guessed correctly...

Jane.. or in my case, the Scottish version, Jean.

I'm going with tomorrow. Arianna Rose.

Too close to my niece's name. I am rooting for sarah, and i don't know why but the 27th feels right

I'm a huge names geek so I follow baby naming trends pretty closely. It's amazing how often I hear things like, "We wanted a unique name, so we named our daughter Harper/son Oliver!" If you really want your kid to have an uncommon name, you have to check the rankings before you name them. Otherwise you're likely to end up with a perfectly nice but popular name.

behindthename.com is a great resource. It has all the popularity listings, and you can see how names have risen and fallen over the years. You can check and see if that quirky name you like that's currently #535 on the list has risen 200 places in the last year. Scarlett is a pretty good example - it appeared in the top 1000 in 1992 but remained very uncommon. Then suddenly in 2004 it jumped to #527. It continued to skyrocket, and by 2014 was the 30th most popular baby girl's name in America.

It's amazing how fast some names rise. I never knew or heard of anyone with the first name Jackson when I was growing up. Now every time I go out, I hear some parent calling for "Jackson!"

When I had my first (in 97) it was harder to find the top 50 baby names, but I managed with magazines a couple baby name books. We made our list scoured the sources and crossed off everything in the top 50, as that was all we had access too. With #2 I had the internet, and a home computer so we did the same. We wanted names that were unique but not unheard of. Don't think I wasn't pissed as hell when we found out in 1999 (when I was pregnant again) that Elijah (son's name) was not only in the top 50 it was in the top 25. :evil: :evil: :evil: So far Gillian (daughter's name) hasn't even broken the top 500.

Yes, it was definitely harder to find out what was popular back then. We didn't have a home computer or Internet for either of my pregnancies. My first was born towards the end of 1996, and I hadn't heard of any little girls/babies with her name, but then, I didn't know many people with little kids. I was so disappointed when I left the delivery room and went to the shared room to find the other baby in the room had the same name. And then when the New Year came around there was a list of the top 10 baby names in the newspaper, and hers was the 3rd most popular name.

When pregnant with my son I wanted a not so popular name, but the only information we had was the list of the 10 most common names for 1999. The name we chose wasn't on it, but I think it has been on it every year since.

My main criteria was that people could spell it, pronounce it, and it was gender specific. No cre8tive spelling for us!

Oh! I love the name Gillian!!!

One of the little booms is named Walden the other has a name popularized by a British rock star. We love not so common names.

On the subject of name rankings -

Despite my name having been in the top 200 since before I was born, people's minds are still blown by it. People for whom English is a second language, I get it - it's a very odd name for them. But everyone else, I think to myself, really? You've never come across that name before? Ever? You can't spell it? I mean, it's not Emma, so perhaps I'm asking too much. At least one third of the people I encounter think my name is freaking weird. Or assume it's spelt like the inanimate object. It's been in the top 100 for the past five-ish years I think, so it really surprises me these days.

My boyfriend's name was uncommon when he was born but it's become popular in the past ten years. He sounds painfully trendy now. People still constantly mishear it as another name though.

As a name nerd too, I get so excited every year when the ssa.gov name ranking comes out. Nameberry can be quite interesting - a good resource if you're in to themes?

Okay, since the nickname is Quincy.. I'm going to guess the baby is a boy and going to be named John Adam.. Like the president John Quincy Adams.

Date? October 21st.

As someone named Destiny, I'm going out on a limb and saying that Destiny is NOT a virtue lol, nor is it a virtous name (really I've done my best to make sure of this!), plus Miley Cyrus' name at birth was Destiny.

I highly doubt Destiny would be a Seewald choice.

What the other Destiny said. Also, please no. :fsm:

Okay, since the nickname is Quincy.. I'm going to guess the baby is a boy and going to be named John Adam.. Like the president John Quincy Adams.

Date? October 21st.

It sounded to me like they came up with the nickname before they knew the sex -- just a hunch.

That settles it, forget my other guesses for the Seewald baby name.

From now on, it will be Baby Qbert. :lol:

But then you're ignoring both Quadratic and Quack, both fine Q words.

On the subject of name rankings -

Despite my name having been in the top 200 since before I was born, people's minds are still blown by it. People for whom English is a second language, I get it - it's a very odd name for them. But everyone else, I think to myself, really? You've never come across that name before? Ever? You can't spell it? I mean, it's not Emma, so perhaps I'm asking too much. At least one third of the people I encounter think my name is freaking weird. Or assume it's spelt like the inanimate object. It's been in the top 100 for the past five-ish years I think, so it really surprises me these days.

My boyfriend's name was uncommon when he was born but it's become popular in the past ten years. He sounds painfully trendy now. People still constantly mishear it as another name though.

As a name nerd too, I get so excited every year when the ssa.gov name ranking comes out. Nameberry can be quite interesting - a good resource if you're in to themes?

Now I really want to know what your name is. Are you willing to share?

For me, the name issue is spelling. I spell my name (hint: the second wife of Jacob in the Bible) the usual, original way. The way it's spelled in the Bible. And yet people get it wrong more than half of the time. I get extra As, extra Es, even Ys sometimes. I even had teachers spell it wrong when I was a kid.

Now I really want to know what your name is. Are you willing to share?

For me, the name issue is spelling. I spell my name (hint: the second wife of Jacob in the Bible) the usual, original way. The way it's spelled in the Bible. And yet people get it wrong more than half of the time. I get extra As, extra Es, even Ys sometimes. I even had teachers spell it wrong when I was a kid.

I'm also interested in the name. Huge name nerd here!

I'm also a big name nerd. I've always liked more uncommon names, but not unheard of names. When I was younger, almost no one knew how to pronounce my name and I didn't meet another with my name until I was in high school. I hated my name growing up because of this, but was still grateful I didn't have to share a name with anyone in class. Now my name (although a different spelling) has skyrocketed to the top 200 and it isn't so uncommon anymore. Im only 24 and it changed that quickly. Name trends can change swiftly so it's hard to know what how popular your baby's name will be in the future.

Hell, I named my son 8 years ago and it wasn't too common, but now is in the top 100!

I love all this name talk! Baby Girl AJD (due in 4 days - holy crap) has a top-200 but not top-100 name (that was our basic criteria and we lucked into a name we both loved in that window). Our top 2 choices were both in the top 5 (these are names we've liked for over 10 years, so it's been a bit disappointing to see their meteoric rise over the past decade - neither of us felt comfortable giving our kid a name THAT popular : ().

Her middle name will be a name that is incredibly popular for a middle name, but is a family name and I believe middle names should be somewhat meaningful.

The process of picking out the name was so much fun though!!

I was curious (and bored) enough to look up a list of the top 100 girls names in the US, and was guessing Paisley or Peyton. Paige wasn't on the list I looked up, but it's a lovely name, and I've definitely heard of it and know how to spell it - husband's cousin has a 12 year old called Paige.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived