IGNORED

The Baby Seewald Name, Date, Etc guesses - MERGED

VelociRapture

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could see Charlotte or Lydia for a girl.

As well, Liam or Noah for a boy.

I'm predicting girl on November 3rd though.

when i heard about quincy, i immediately thought 'i could definitely see them naming their daughter quinn'... and then i thought, hey, ben's mom's name is spelled guinnivere, so maybe they'd call her quinnivere.

when i heard about quincy, i immediately thought 'i could definitely see them naming their daughter quinn'... and then i thought, hey, ben's mom's name is spelled guinnivere, so maybe they'd call her quinnivere.

Channeling CSNY right now...

" .. Quinnivere... had grifters for parents ... like cheap whores, like cheap whores ..."

Haha. Quinnevere. Haha.

I wonder if either one of them ever read Beverly Cleary as a kid? "Quimby" is kind of cute.

Or they could go with Que, and the kid's middle name could be Sarah Sarah.

Qbert, Quadratic, and twins Quark and Quack.

Wonder if there's any chance the Seewald kids won't be homeschooled. I just can't see Jessa getting into it, especially after being schoolmarm to the Howlers.

That settles it, forget my other guesses for the Seewald baby name.

From now on, it will be Baby Qbert. :lol:

I just came across this. I had no idea the name "Liam" is that popular! (followed by William)

mnn.com/family/babies-pregnancy/blogs/most-popular-baby-names-every-state

I'm a huge names geek so I follow baby naming trends pretty closely. It's amazing how often I hear things like, "We wanted a unique name, so we named our daughter Harper/son Oliver!" If you really want your kid to have an uncommon name, you have to check the rankings before you name them. Otherwise you're likely to end up with a perfectly nice but popular name.

behindthename.com is a great resource. It has all the popularity listings, and you can see how names have risen and fallen over the years. You can check and see if that quirky name you like that's currently #535 on the list has risen 200 places in the last year. Scarlett is a pretty good example - it appeared in the top 1000 in 1992 but remained very uncommon. Then suddenly in 2004 it jumped to #527. It continued to skyrocket, and by 2014 was the 30th most popular baby girl's name in America.

It's amazing how fast some names rise. I never knew or heard of anyone with the first name Jackson when I was growing up. Now every time I go out, I hear some parent calling for "Jackson!"

I'm a huge names geek so I follow baby naming trends pretty closely. It's amazing how often I hear things like, "We wanted a unique name, so we named our daughter Harper/son Oliver!" If you really want your kid to have an uncommon name, you have to check the rankings before you name them. Otherwise you're likely to end up with a perfectly nice but popular name.

behindthename.com is a great resource. It has all the popularity listings, and you can see how names have risen and fallen over the years. You can check and see if that quirky name you like that's currently #535 on the list has risen 200 places in the last year. Scarlett is a pretty good example - it appeared in the top 1000 in 1992 but remained very uncommon. Then suddenly in 2004 it jumped to #527. It continued to skyrocket, and by 2014 was the 30th most popular baby girl's name in America.

It's amazing how fast some names rise. I never knew or heard of anyone with the first name Jackson when I was growing up. Now every time I go out, I hear some parent calling for "Jackson!"

I'm a names geek too and love that website! I gave my eldest son such a great name and it was perfect and not popular at all when he was born (early 90's) ranked in the mid 700s. Now it's climbed to the 200s in popularity and the graph is a sharp vertical. I'd like to think I started the trend, but more likely it's due to the name being used for a character in a cult movie from the mid 90's.

So all the weird looks I got when he was little when people would ask his name...no one with that name is getting weird looks now. I still love his name so much it makes me happy when I say it, but I am glad it wasn't trendy when I did it. Got him in before it was cool. :)

I thought this too, lol. Then I thought "oh god, they are so dumb they think Guinn is pronounced QUINN" :lol: :lol: They could name the baby Quinn whether it's a boy or a girl though.

Quincy

Quint

Quinton

Quintley

Quentin

Queenie

Quinlan

Quigley

Quinn

Quintus

Quirin

Quiet

Quality

Quantity (the #1 virtue!)

Quandary

Quell

Quest

Quark

Quasi

Yeah, they should be good.

Quvenzhané, like the young actress Quvenzhané Wallis

I'm going back and forth between popular biblical names and less common ones.

My arrival date pick is October 28th, the birthdate of my sister, a former nun.

Can't believe I overlooked Quetzalcoatl. Quetzalcoatl Seewald, I think it has a nice ring to it.

Speaking of names and the practice of a naming a baby. Since the Ashley Madison scandal I've thought several times how Anna could have easily picked the name Madison for M#4. I think it was one of the M names that the Free Jinger followers put on the list of probabilities. Just imagine how awful it would be if Anna would have named her Madison then a month later the Ashley Madison story broke. I'm sure Ashley and Madison are two names that will NEVER be used for one of the future Grand-Duggars.

Another thing that we haven't discussed yet is the possibility of Jessa and Ben using "virtue" names. I've seen it recently and I think it may become a growing trend. Girl names like "Charity", "Hope", "Faith", "Grace", "Destiny", "Mercy", Felicity". And of course boy names like "Will", "Strong", "Valor", "Justice", "Merit", "Noble" etc.. I'm pretty positive that Jessa and Ben are thinking of a theme and I think we can't rule out a virtue theme baby naming practice for them.

Another thing that we haven't discussed yet is the possibility of Jessa and Ben using "virtue" names. I've seen it recently and I think it may become a growing trend. Girl names like "Charity", "Hope", "Faith", "Grace", "Destiny", "Mercy", Felicity". And of course boy names like "Will", "Strong", "Valor", "Justice", "Merit", "Noble" etc.. I'm pretty positive that Jessa and Ben are thinking of a theme and I think we can't rule out a virtue theme baby naming practice for them.

That was discussed a while back. Then went off on a tangent about fun virtue names our ancestors had. I want to say it was page 7.. or 17... i think there was a 7 involved...

That was discussed a while back. Then went off on a tangent about fun virtue names our ancestors had. I want to say it was page 7.. or 17... i think there was a 7 involved...

Thank you so much, I don't know how I missed it. But with the pages on here, not too hard to miss some good stuff.

Personally I think "vice" names have been cruelly underrepresented in historical baby naming. I rather like Avarice for a girl, and (he would be half Duggar, after all) Sloth for a boy. Or Discord. Discord's nice.

(In the original Latin, they're quite pretty actually: Superbia, Tristitia, Vanagloria, Fornicatio. Et cetera et cetera.)

Please let them name the baby Quinn if it's s girl. I just got done watching a few episodes of Daria and Quinn is the cartoon version of what I imagine Jessa to be. Like mother like daughter!

Please let them name the baby Quinn if it's s girl. I just got done watching a few episodes of Daria and Quinn is the cartoon version of what I imagine Jessa to be. Like mother like daughter!

OMG Daria!!! LOVE that show!!!!

Personally I think "vice" names have been cruelly underrepresented in historical baby naming. I rather like Avarice for a girl, and (he would be half Duggar, after all) Sloth for a boy. Or Discord. Discord's nice.

(In the original Latin, they're quite pretty actually: Superbia, Tristitia, Vanagloria, Fornicatio. Et cetera et cetera.)

Aravis was one of my top choices for a girl, but my husband nixed it because it sounded too much like avarice.

I'm a names geek too and love that website! I gave my eldest son such a great name and it was perfect and not popular at all when he was born (early 90's) ranked in the mid 700s. Now it's climbed to the 200s in popularity and the graph is a sharp vertical. I'd like to think I started the trend, but more likely it's due to the name being used for a character in a cult movie from the mid 90's.

So all the weird looks I got when he was little when people would ask his name...no one with that name is getting weird looks now. I still love his name so much it makes me happy when I say it, but I am glad it wasn't trendy when I did it. Got him in before it was cool. :)

It makes me unreasonably happy that two of my children's names are not even on that website. And reading the comments listed under another child's name made me laugh. People sure are opinionated about names. We get an odd response every once in awhile, but mostly compliments. Not that I care if people don't like their names ;-)

As someone named Destiny, I'm going out on a limb and saying that Destiny is NOT a virtue lol, nor is it a virtous name (really I've done my best to make sure of this!), plus Miley Cyrus' name at birth was Destiny.

I highly doubt Destiny would be a Seewald choice.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived