IGNORED

The Baby Seewald Name, Date, Etc guesses - MERGED

VelociRapture

No no... Jessa, close your legs for another 4 days so I can win:pb_lol:  I kinda agree on Jessa giving her name if it's a girl, she's that narcissistic.

Ooh, don't, that's my birthday :pb_sad:

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I gave my name to my daughter as a middle name.  It was my mother's name and my granmother's name. Didn't consider it narcissistic, just carrying on a tradition.Shouldn't just be for the male line.

I'm not saying giving your name to your kid is narcissistic, I'm saying JESSA is narcissistic and it wouldn't surprised me if she does that. And for the record, I'm not saying that is just okay if it's the male line. Everybody can name their kids the way they want, it's fine ;)

Is that a common fundie/Southern/whatever thing to do? Mackynzie's middle name is the same as Anna's (Renee), and Davia Waller's middle name is the same as Priscilla's (Lynn). And Jill's middle name is Michelle, and Josh, Jed, Jer, and Michael all have James or Robert as middle names (plus, you know, James just has it as his first name).

I don't think it's a fundie or southern thing. Maybe an American thing? I'm not familiar with naming trends outside of the U.S. at all. But I know a LOT of people give their children middle names that are often the parents first or middle name.

Is that a common fundie/Southern/whatever thing to do? Mackynzie's middle name is the same as Anna's (Renee), and Davia Waller's middle name is the same as Priscilla's (Lynn). And Jill's middle name is Michelle, and Josh, Jed, Jer, and Michael all have James or Robert as middle names (plus, you know, James just has it as his first name).

Nope..on my maternal grandmother's side (Germans from northern Minnesota), there was a bit of a tradition of using the name 'Dena' for female middle names

Family naming patterns are pretty widespread, so I don't know if that's really a fundie thing. For instance, I always assumed that Davia Lynn got Priscilla's middle name because Davia was derived so directly from David. 

Anyway, one naming tradition I've noticed is particularly strong in the South is to give your children family surnames as middle names. My middle name is my mother's maiden name and my sister's middle name is our grandmother's maiden name; when we were growing up in California, people thought this was weird. Alternatively, some go totally off the deep end and give their kids hardcore old-South middle (or full) names. I'm sure in some cases there are familial relationships, but some are just sentimental.

For example, I have known a few girls named Calhoun after John C. Calhoun or the extended clan (one was nicknamed Callie but most used Calhoun). I worked with a guy named States whose first and middle names were States Rights after States Rights Gist. Went to school with two sisters named Frances and Helen whose double middle names were ridiculous old Charleston family names -- both went by their first middle name, not their "girls" name (super distinctive names, so not posting them here, though I SO want to).

I'm going to guess she goes into labor the 7th and has the baby on the 8th.
I'm guessing a girl named Quinn (which wouldn't be a bad name). With some hideous biblical middle name :P
I was figuring Anna would've named her latest Madison and was kind of surprised by Meredith as the name (not so surprised they didn't go with Madison now, lol).

I'm going to guess she goes into labor the 7th and has the baby on the 8th.
I'm guessing a girl named Quinn (which wouldn't be a bad name). With some hideous biblical middle name :P
I was figuring Anna would've named her latest Madison and was kind of surprised by Meredith as the name (not so surprised they didn't go with Madison now, lol).

Given the timing of the Joshley events, imagine if they HAD named her Madison. I presume Josh said no if Anna suggested it all, but still. Anna (and the poor baby!) totally dodged a trainwreck there!

Given the timing of the Joshley events, imagine if they HAD named her Madison. I presume Josh said no if Anna suggested it all, but still. Anna (and the poor baby!) totally dodged a trainwreck there!

Ya, that would've been kind of awful.

Can't remember the date I guessed at but I think it has passed by now. I don't think that she gave her real due date anyway, the anniversary birth was a nice story spinner to catch some attention or make it seem extra special.

My great great grandmother's middle name was my great great great grandmother's first name. My great grandmother's middle name was my great great grandmother's first name. And so on and so forth down to my mom.. Who proceeded to give me my grandpa's first name as my middle name because she doesn't like her own first name. Although I will admit that my mom's first name would make a terrible middle name, and I do LOVE my middle name, I wish I had been included in the tradition- I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff and I would have really liked to continue it.

(Sorry if that's confusing.)

Also, we are all from Wisconsin.. So it's definitely not just a Southern/fundie thing.

For what it's worth, Jessica Seewald posted "I'm an auntie" (in blue) on her Instagram. Hard to believe she would get away with posting before an official, Duggar-sanctioned announcement, though.

For what it's worth, Jessica Seewald posted "I'm an auntie" (in blue) on her Instagram. Hard to believe she would get away with posting before an official, Duggar-sanctioned announcement, though.

It could be a trick

Alright, how many days until Jill announces her next blessing? 

I'm glad this baby is here and it sounds like everyone is doing well. It's interesting, no Duggar has birthed a girl first (that I know of)

Alright, how many days until Jill announces her next blessing? 

I'm glad this baby is here and it sounds like everyone is doing well. It's interesting, no Duggar has birthed a girl first (that I know of)

josh

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived