IGNORED

The Baby Seewald Name, Date, Etc guesses - MERGED

VelociRapture

Another name nerd here. I know someone who named her kids Paige and Reed, which I thought was kinda awesome but also a little too thematic for a reading teacher.

I know Jessa won't be using those for her kid/s. I can see her going really trendy, but not in a good way. Jaiden and Jemma, perhaps?

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was curious (and bored) enough to look up a list of the top 100 girls names in the US, and was guessing Paisley or Peyton. Paige wasn't on the list I looked up, but it's a lovely name, and I've definitely heard of it and know how to spell it - husband's cousin has a 12 year old called Paige.

I don't think it was in the top 100 last year and maybe not the year before? Not sure if I'm happy or sad about that. I just think it's funny the number of people floating around who think it's such a weird name as if I was named spatula. I hope most people here know that it is a legitimate name :) My dad only liked it because it couldn't be shortened and there were no obvious nicknames. He didn't think of Paigey

I don't think it was in the top 100 last year and maybe not the year before? Not sure if I'm happy or sad about that. I just think it's funny the number of people floating around who think it's such a weird name as if I was named spatula. I hope most people here know that it is a legitimate name :) My dad only liked it because it couldn't be shortened and there were no obvious nicknames. He didn't think of Paigey

I love your name!

My name is pretty obscure, though supposedly quite popular in a certain group European country. I've only ever really met little old ladies who share my name lol. I hated it when I was young because it seemed weird that no one had ever heard of it, but now I absolutely love it. It fits me somehow :-). Now, getting people to spell it correctly can be trouble; even when I spell it out, people tend to swap the last letter with a similar sounding one.

I tried to give my children first names that were unique without being really weird. Their middle names come from family members who meant a lot to me.

I have such a common and easily pronounced full name, which gets me online obscurity even if I use my real name, but it also got me called on in classes first all the time. My first week of law school was great.

One of my cousins has a unique name, which she hates. She's never met anyone else with it. She never got to find her name on souvenirs and everyone always mispronounces it even though it's an easy name to say. It doesn't even show up in name books.

My parents thought they were being all unusual and obscure for picking my name. When they had me (I'm a January baby) my name was a name for great-aunties. Neither of my parents knew any children with my name. It became the #2 name of the year...

Changing my vote. Halloween with the name Ginger.

Just as an FU parents moment and named after her favorite sister. The next girl could be Jessica, And they could do this with several kids. Joanna could be for Joy Anna, Johannah, and Jana.

If its a boy I'm going with Caleb.

So, I just posted over in the shelter, but now the new site (looks awesome btw) is back up, so I'm putting my two cents worth in here too.  I reckon Quincy will be born on his/her due date, because Jessa seems like the kind of girl to get her own way - Jana's jewellery box, marry my teenage lawn boy or I'll elope, baby due on first anniversary.  It's difficult to get your own way on when labour starts unless you are induced, but I reckon there will be hot sex, hot curries and maybe even some of Jill's left over caster oil come the night of Halloween.

1) I hope the baby isn't born on the 1st. I don't have the desire to share my birthday with a duggar offspring.

2) If they go with Q as the letter I could see them using Quinn. A nice unisex name.

3) To add to the name conversation I have a very commonish name but my parents were ahead of adding y to a name before it came popular so I have only met one other person with my spelling. If anyone courious it was very popular around Czech Republic last year with the same spelling. Also it's a common Hispanic name.

If the baby is born on the due date, I'm sure Jessa will be all smug about it. I'm still hoping for an October 31st birth, as it's the evvviiiill Halloween!

If the baby is born on the due date, I'm sure Jessa will be all smug about it. I'm still hoping for an October 31st birth, as it's the evvviiiill Halloween!

But also the Godly Reformation Day. Would not be surprised by little Martin Luther Seewald making a grand debut on his namesake's most glorious day.

I have to admit, I don't get the 'I hope it's born on Halloween!' glee. Having the baby on Halloween would totally serve their purpose. They think Halloween is evil, so birthing their fundamentalist Christian baby on that day would work out great for them. It would steal the focus from the Satanic holiday and allow them to make it all about God, Jesus, and Blessings.

On the subject of name rankings -

Despite my name having been in the top 200 since before I was born, people's minds are still blown by it. People for whom English is a second language, I get it - it's a very odd name for them. But everyone else, I think to myself, really? You've never come across that name before? Ever? You can't spell it? I mean, it's not Emma, so perhaps I'm asking too much. At least one third of the people I encounter think my name is freaking weird. Or assume it's spelt like the inanimate object. It's been in the top 100 for the past five-ish years I think, so it really surprises me these days.

My boyfriend's name was uncommon when he was born but it's become popular in the past ten years. He sounds painfully trendy now. People still constantly mishear it as another name though.

As a name nerd too, I get so excited every year when the ssa.gov name ranking comes out. Nameberry can be quite interesting - a good resource if you're in to themes?

Now I really want to know what your name is. Are you willing to share?

For me, the name issue is spelling. I spell my name (hint: the second wife of Jacob in the Bible) the usual, original way. The way it's spelled in the Bible. And yet people get it wrong more than half of the time. I get extra As, extra Es, even Ys sometimes. I even had teachers spell it wrong when I was a kid.

I understand the struggle, I'm 24 and My name is Ariel... yeah I was named after that movie yet NO ONE can spell it right. 

Well, there's always Biblical Names for Girls

What about Bathsheba "Sheba" Seewald?

Jemima Seewald?

Selah Seewald?

I'm voting for a Halloween baby too. 

Oh wait, if it's a Halloween baby name it after one of the Puritan judges during the Salem witch trials..

Cotton Seewald

Mather Seewald

Increase Seewald

There was a Samuel Sewall....about Sewall Seewald?

Selah Seewald?

If they do that, I will start believing the Jill / Jessa feud rumors.

We are delighted to announce the birth of Selah Jillisapoopyface Seewald. She was born in the easiest home birth ever that only took two hours because Jessa and Ben prayed to Jesus way more than a certain woman whose name rhymes with krill did, and Selah came out fully blanket-trained and so beautiful that Bradley Bates is already courting her. Jessa and Ben would love to talk more about how great Selah is, but they have to go do a newborn photoshoot with People that will be way more pretty and tasteful and specialer than the photoshoot that Jill did.

I really love names that don't make the top 100 lists - but Fiance and I have already settled on names for our first born son/daughter. . . and of course both fall within the Top 100 and no I'm not even pregnant yet. :pb_lol:

Our first born daughter will have a first and middle name that honors family - mostly my side since she's going to have her daddy's last name. First name will be a variant of my middle name, my mom's middle name, Fiance's Great-Aunt's first name, and will be the same middle name my dad's paternal Aunts had. Her middle name is the same as my mom's late sister's middle name.

Our son will have a first name that hints at family connection - my dad and brother-in-law share the same first name, so our son will have a first name that starts with the same two letters and comes from a related culture that their name is from. His middle name will be the same name as Fiance's father and brother's first names (they also share a name.)

Selah Seewald?

We are delighted to announce the birth of Selah Jillisapoopyface Seewald. She was born in the easiest home birth ever that only took two hours because Jessa and Ben prayed to Jesus way more than a certain woman whose name rhymes with krill did, and Selah came out fully blanket-trained and so beautiful that Bradley Bates is already courting her. Jessa and Ben would love to talk more about how great Selah is, but they have to go do a newborn photoshoot with People that will be way more pretty and tasteful and specialer than the photoshoot that Jill did.

today you are my faveourite person :D 

carry on :D

I think she will personally will Little Quincy Jill'sabrat Duggar Seewald to come on the 1st 

and who doesn't think she will somehow sneak in Duggar last name 

come on

1) I hope the baby isn't born on the 1st. I don't have the desire to share my birthday with a duggar offspring.

2) If they go with Q as the letter I could see them using Quinn. A nice unisex name.

3) To add to the name conversation I have a very commonish name but my parents were ahead of adding y to a name before it came popular so I have only met one other person with my spelling. If anyone courious it was very popular around Czech Republic last year with the same spelling. Also it's a common Hispanic name.

Given the large number of Duggar offspring, I think it is fairly possible a majority of us will share a birthday with Dugglings

I 100% believe that Skylah Quinn  (I just love the idea that someones going to try and spell Guinn and get it wrong) GodlyExample Duggar Seewald will be born on Halloween with Guinn fainting when Jessa goes into labor (because of the ungodly night of Halloween) and Jessa refusing to let Bins sisters take photos until she has a full face of makeup. 

I 100% believe that Skylah Quinn  (I just love the idea that someones going to try and spell Guinn and get it wrong) GodlyExample Duggar Seewald will be born on Halloween with Guinn fainting when Jessa goes into labor (because of the ungodly night of Halloween) and Jessa refusing to let Bins sisters take photos until she has a full face of makeup. 

Though Skyla is the brand name of an IUD. Though maybe that could be her theme: Mirena Seewald, Skyla Seewald, Nuvaring Seewald, and Trojan Magnum Seewald.

Though Skyla is the brand name of an IUD. Though maybe that could be her theme: Mirena Seewald, Skyla Seewald, Nuvaring Seewald, and Trojan Magnum Seewald.

OMG That is the funniest thing EVER!   IUD theme!   I LOVE it.   A lot of good baby names could come out of the names for oral contraceptives, too  (runs off to check for funny names).   

OK a quick search of oral contraceptives yields these names, perfect for a theme:

• Alesse 
  • Nordette
  • Demulen  (for a boy)
  • Yasmin
  • Mircette 
  • Cyclessa
  • Natazia 
  • Yaz  (probably for a boy)
  • Seasonique

,,,, and ELLA ... which is a name for a "plan B" type oral contraceptive.  Who knew?   

I think the baby will be born on November 3rd. 8 pounds, 2 ounces. They will name him something biblical but I have no idea what and I'm not up on bible names at all.

Selah Seewald?

God I hope they don't. I love that name. It's my 2nd choice for a daughter. I'm still bitter that JIll and I got married on the same day. I'll scream if Jessa takes my name. Oh, and Josie was born a month after I rescued my cat... named Josie. 

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived