IGNORED

Josiah Duggar is courting

Lana

The flip phone of shame? :lol:

Yes - Duggar males who demonstrate that they cannot control impulses to view Nike material on smart phones are relegated to flip phones.

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes - Duggar males who demonstrate that they cannot control impulses to view Nike material on smart phones are relegated to flip phones.

Is... Is that a real thing? I thought it was some kind of joke

My guess is they wouldn't have announced so quickly if it wasn't going to be featured on the show soon. I wonder if they filmed during the recent family trip to central America and Marjorie was there? She may be on episodes of the show very soon if so.

Well, I'm glad his instagram is confirmed. Of all the older duggar boys, he's the one that I'm really interested to see what kinds of things he posts about. More insight into his personality.

Wait, didn't Josiah have the flip phone of shame at Benessa's wedding? I think that explains this courtship! I would expect the courtship and envageme to be quick so he can start fulfilling his desires rightsously... :lol:

maybe he was caught having unsupervised texts or facetime with his girlfriend Marjorie so he got the flip phone of shame.

*and by unsupervised I am not saying tawdry texts or sexting - I figure they were texting/face timing and saying things like: "I miss you. :romance-hearteyes: Can't wait to see you in Spanish Class. :romance-heartsthree: Can't wait to see you at church. :romance-smileyheart: Do you want to go have ice cream? :romance-heartsmiley: " ... you know normal teenage DATING conversations.

I wasn't expecting this. However, I hope he's happy and that she makes him happy. Yes, they're young. I can't make any judgements on age since I've been seriously dating someone for a year and I'm only nineteen now. I'm not rushing into marriage and hopefully they aren't either. It takes a long time to know someone well enough to marry them.

I can make a judgement. The culture they're raised in is fucked up and abusive. 18-year-olds are still children themselves with a lot of growing to do. Going form living with parents into the adult world comes with tons of changes that the typical 17 and 18 and 19 year old don't realize since everyone thinks they're really mature when the fact is you're all still kids. Some of you are mature enough to realize this, a lot aren't, and the Duggarlings and their prey sure as hell don't realize it.

If a couple is lucky, the way they'll grow into adulthood will remain compatible, but for most couples, they realize it was a mistake and either divorce, or resign themselves to lives of misery to show everyone they were wrong about young lust not lasting.

The Duggars and their ilk will just blame the woman for having too many opinions if things aren't Happy Fun Land Married Times.

I just wanna know why they had to announce it so quickly. They've only been officially courting for a freakin' week! :evil-eye:

I only see this going either really wonderfully or really terribly for both of them... Either them being embraced and set more free by her family, or them being further enslaved and dampered by the Duggars. I'm scared I know which one it'll be. :cry:

I see exactly what Jim Bob is doing. He's marrying his kids off at young ages (or making sure they have young spouses), so they will get tied down with a baby and NEED money before they can develop their own skills/careers and get out from under the family business. Now, they'll have to use the bank of Jim Bob for the rest of their lives, and will never be able to make their own choices. There is something very wrong with this family.

I see exactly what Jim Bob is doing. He's marrying his kids off at young ages (or making sure they have young spouses), so they will get tied down with a baby and NEED money before they can develop their own skills/careers and get out from under the family business. Now, they'll have to use the bank of Jim Bob for the rest of their lives, and will never be able to make their own choices. There is something very wrong with this family.

The whole patriarchal thing seems this way. To make their spouse and kids, dependent on them, in some way, shape or form.

Question: does Josiah, as a legal adult, have any choice in having his private life sold to People magazine? Or is he lumped into an all-encompassing Duggar deal negotiated by Jim Bob?

I feel like if he had any choice in the matter, it would not have been announced so soon. (Though let's be honest, it's not like he has much of a choice in anything... :( )

His choices are probably sell his life as well, or he's cut off from the gravy train.

Question. What do they mean about "half Guatelman?" Are they referring to her race? What does that mean!?! :think:

On the face of it, I would assume that it means that one parent is white and the other Guatemalan. However, that is still rather vague, given that in Guatemala, there are a small minority of people of European descent who have most of the money and land, a larger population of people of mixed indigenous/white ancestry, a sizable group of indigenous people, and a tiny (1-2% of the population) Afro-Guatamalan community.

Late to the party but weighing in. These two are WAY too young. If the marriage happens soon and they don't use contraceptives they could easily have a mega family. I wonder how JD and Joe feel about their younger brother courting ahead of them.

Agreed with everybody who would've loved to see Jana, JD or Joe court. Josiah is still a kid to me.

Late to the party but weighing in. These two are WAY too young. If the marriage happens soon and they don't use contraceptives they could easily have a mega family. I wonder how JD and Joe feel about their younger brother courting ahead of them.

Agreed with everybody who would've loved to see Jana, JD or Joe court. Josiah is still a kid to me.

To the bolded: Completely agree. I see Josiah as one of the "middles" and not one of the older kids. I mean he was 7 when they started being in TV. :shock:

Looks like Marjorie just got an instagram as well: instagram.com/marjorie.jackson/

She is following the wrong Josiah so i wouldn't go for her

Looks like Marjorie just got an instagram as well: instagram.com/marjorie.jackson/

I don't think that one's real. She's following a lot of fan pages. And none of the other Duggars are following her

He is not a Kid to you, he IS a kid

To me Josiah looks like a english teacher or an author. Maybe together they can write best selling novels and give seminars on creative godly writing. Or maybe Marj and Josiah conspired together to get him out of the house fast.

Do you (or does anybody else) happen to know what the episode was called? I don't think I've ever seen it and I wanna try to find it.

School house duggars. someone posted a youtube link that does not work.

Did Jill and Jessa wait until they were engaged to make an ig with their future husband's last names? Or did they do it while courting? There is a blank Marjorie duggar ig account but I doubt it is real.

The whole patriarchal thing seems this way. To make their spouse and kids, dependent on them, in some way, shape or form.

So what happens to Josiah and his future kids, if he stays under Boob's thumb and money when Boob and Mullet die and there's no TLC? I just see all of this ending very badly for all the J'kids, unless they forge their own futures without Boob and TLC.

WTH is gross about a 14 year-old falling head over heels for a 15-year-old?

The fact that these people think that's plenty old enough to start pushing their kids toward pairing up once it's legal and they think they can get away with it.

To me Josiah looks like a english teacher or an author. Maybe together they can write best selling novels and give seminars on creative godly writing. Or maybe Marj and Josiah conspired together to get him out of the house fast.

That looks like a best case scenario.

Did Jill and Jessa wait until they were engaged to make an ig with their future husband's last names? Or did they do it while courting? There is a blank Marjorie duggar ig account but I doubt it is real.

Jessa made the account while still courting, but we didn't heard about jill's courtship until she got engaged, so i guess she didn't

Archived