IGNORED

Josiah Duggar is courting

Lana

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My theory based on little but the dates given in the article and what happened with Zach Bates, who entered into a short courtship with Whitney after apparently seeing her on the sly for awhile.

Josiah and Marjorie developed an attraction/"fell in love" on that mission trip in December he mentioned. Josiah managed to start seeing her on the down low after that. He does do work at Duggar properties and possibly doesn't have to have a person with him at all times like the girls do (John David doesn't) so he might have worked it out somehow. Who knows how Marjorie worked it out. Being fundie-lite, she may not have had the need to always have a sister with her, or her sister might have been in cahoots.

Anyway, sometime very recently they got caught - doing anything texting each other directly like normal people to being alone together like normal people to doing god-knows-what like normal people. TLC could have been filming during this time, since they were presumably around for Jill's impending birth. And possibly the fact that non-family people knew meant JB knew damage control would probably be needed. Or possibly Josiah stated that he wouldn't quit seeing her and would move out to ensure that. He's 18 so he could, and we have no idea how close to 18 she is. One of the kids leaving and eloping would not only be bad PR for them, it would mean they have no control over this at all.

So it was decided that they could continue seeing each other but this would now be a courtship and they have to abide by the rules now. And who knows how long the courtship will last. Probably would depend on how long Josiah is willing to play by the rules.

Like I said, just a hunch. But a lot of things indicate this was handled completely differently than the three other Duggar courtships, even if history will be rewritten on the show to make us believe otherwise. Time for a sneaky tell-all from a TLC crew member to be leaked to a blind item site...

I'm having a hard time time believing that Josiah is truly happy courting a girl . He doesn't even try to look happy in the pictures, and, Duggar Construction? Really?? Josiah seems like the type of guy to work in construction?

Very sad

Didn't they say somewhere that he wanted to go into accounting? Or was that some other son?

Jinger6+another.jpg

At first, I want to express my undying love for this picture of J-Snookie Duggar! :mrgreen:

Back to topic:

I bet quite a few of us FJers here (me included) have experinced the fling-goes-good-friend relationship situation, mostly in our teen years.

Josiah (and Majorie too!) is most likely robbed of this possibility because of the crazy upbringing Quiverfull kids have to endure. For them it´s "hop or drop". Either that boy marries or he breaks up the courtship and then the whole rat´s tail of crazy sets in like "the girl is tainted", "why did they break up, who´s fault was it? Maybe someone is even impure?!"

How could they possibly stay friends even if they like each other just as such?

The pressure on that kids must be HUGE! :?

Oh yeah, I definitely see Marjorie being "convicted" to wear only skirts. Michelle and the Duggar ladies will see to that. Josiah probably doesn't mind her wearing pants, but that doesn't matter. She will be expected to toe the family line.

I have the spanish lesson/analucia/spanish dinner episode on my dvr. I will rewatch it tonight to see if Marjorie is present. I do remember Josiah was pretty vocal in that episode.

Oh, Josiah. And Marjorie. You are both so young.

Maybe they're a good match, but they're so very YOUNG. Even if they've been quietly friends/dating for a few years (which is possible, since it looks like their families have a lot of contact), they are so young.

I hope it's a good match for both of them, I have to hope that. Or at the very least mutually beneficial.

And her parents actually seem to be productive members of society and probably quite like Siah, so that could actually work for him -- instead of spending his life with the Duggar business model, maybe he can learn a more personally suitable career. (Federal financial aid considers someone independent if they're married, regardless of age -- he could get financial aid for a community college and go from there.)

Just wait on the babies, Siah and Marjorie. Wait as long as you can.

(Optimism is keeping me from feeling sad that Siah's being married off as soon as possible.)

Third from right

1464770_10200767302376617_1438022032_n.jpg?oh=a47e9ec380aac2ea987510ba6d8bcbe2&oe=55DB5CB5

Far left

1006047_10200274903426951_516540774_n.jpg?oh=95beb4848dff767a0db2eb78e3c0bd9d&oe=55E3E59A&__gda__=1441151573_f94a7f626812d7b3f7b5ae3c2ca687fa

314016_3930247906351_1451974916_n.jpg?oh=bef51ca7b9bf8196a29083fde9072869&oe=55A9AD9E&__gda__=1436399865_fa148498b2e8ee28b84f7fb1702159e8

OMG I can see her KNEES!!!!!!

On another note, does this mean that 'Siah will get online access now? All the other J'kids were released unto us once they were courting.

I also agree this wasnt released to distract from Jill. They began their courtship before J'Israel made his way into the world. They likely sold released it to People that day and People decided to run it in the next cycle.

OMG I can see her KNEES!!!!!!

On another note, does this mean that 'Siah will get online access now? All the other J'kids were released unto us once they were courting.

I also agree this wasnt released to distract from Jill. They began their courtship before J'Israel made his way into the world. They likely sold released it to People that day and People decided to run it in the next cycle.

upon thinking about it, wasn't it when they get engaged that they get accounts?

They both looked horribly uncomfortable, but it reminded me of Jessa and Ben's awkward first photograph. She looked miserable, and everyone speculated that she was forced into it. Now those two can't keep their hands off each other and look madly in love. Hopefully, it's the same thing with Josiah and Marjorie.

(Also that once married, they attend College of the Ozarks together and live in family housing and break away from the cult and live happily ever after. We can dream:))

As for Pecan Thief & Co. I can't see Josiah being so nasty to his wife. Even if he doesn't love her when they marry, I think he'll treat her with respect. Of course I could be wrong :cry:

This is just what the Duggar "brand" needed. She's interesting, though soo young and they have everyone stirred up. It was the season of surprises wasn't it ? This thread is already up to 10 pages... 11 most likely when I get through with this post..

I have the spanish lesson/analucia/spanish dinner episode on my dvr. I will rewatch it tonight to see if Marjorie is present. I do remember Josiah was pretty vocal in that episode.

Do you (or does anybody else) happen to know what the episode was called? I don't think I've ever seen it and I wanna try to find it.

So, considering that they could very well be married before the year is out, any bets on where they would live? The guest house? Yet another Duggar property that he has been renovating is my bet. I hope she wears pants after marriage. :( I like that she seems to have some spunk and drive. She could be a good role model for Jinger and JoyAnna.

Jinger6+another.jpg

:lol: i guess i'm blind too because BinBob is totally hot, super dumb but hot... :shrug:

I think some people are doing what they did with Derick and putting all these huge hopes on her as being something different and the savior of Josiah and I hope they are not in for a let down again but I just can't see JB letting this go this far unless she toes the line or will like a biddable Duggar spouse. Yes she wear pants and has hobbies and a small family but many die hard fundies do.I just think we need to be realistic.

My theory based on little but the dates given in the article and what happened with Zach Bates, who entered into a short courtship with Whitney after apparently seeing her on the sly for awhile.

Josiah and Marjorie developed an attraction/"fell in love" on that mission trip in December he mentioned. Josiah managed to start seeing her on the down low after that. He does do work at Duggar properties and possibly doesn't have to have a person with him at all times like the girls do (John David doesn't) so he might have worked it out somehow. Who knows how Marjorie worked it out. Being fundie-lite, she may not have had the need to always have a sister with her, or her sister might have been in cahoots.

Anyway, sometime very recently they got caught - doing anything texting each other directly like normal people to being alone together like normal people to doing god-knows-what like normal people. TLC could have been filming during this time, since they were presumably around for Jill's impending birth. And possibly the fact that non-family people knew meant JB knew damage control would probably be needed. Or possibly Josiah stated that he wouldn't quit seeing her and would move out to ensure that. He's 18 so he could, and we have no idea how close to 18 she is. One of the kids leaving and eloping would not only be bad PR for them, it would mean they have no control over this at all.

So it was decided that they could continue seeing each other but this would now be a courtship and they have to abide by the rules now. And who knows how long the courtship will last. Probably would depend on how long Josiah is willing to play by the rules.

Like I said, just a hunch. But a lot of things indicate this was handled completely differently than the three other Duggar courtships, even if history will be rewritten on the show to make us believe otherwise. Time for a sneaky tell-all from a TLC crew member to be leaked to a blind item site...

nst! You're up!

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Oh yeah, I definitely see Marjorie being "convicted" to wear only skirts. Michelle and the Duggar ladies will see to that. Josiah probably doesn't mind her wearing pants, but that doesn't matter. She will be expected to toe the family line.

This would break my heart. Like, I already feel bad because they're so young but this girl seems to have more spark and life in her than any Duggar ever will. If she has to give up theater and sitcoms and pants...I don't even know. The whole situation is kind of sad. I'm hoping the fact that she seems pretty bright will keep her from becoming Anna 2.0.

If they can pull a Josh and move cross-country and start to do things their way, that would be so exciting but I feel like Boob has kept his kids almost entirely dependent on him with their futures. The more I think about it, the less goofy fundie it seems, and more outright sinister.

I hope I'm not crossing an FJ line by implying that JB is kinda shady as a parent but if I am I'm sorry.

I'm thinking you're probably right. We've heard JB say there have been tons of people wanting to court his children and he screens them all very carefully. There is no way he'd approve a fundie-lite, no poodle hair, pants-wearing, type of girl. Got to agree with everyone else too that it makes me sad, they are SO young.

I was married at 19, and it was hell. Lots of low-end paying jobs, crappy apartments, the kids we weren't quite ready or mature enough to have. And after 10 years we realized we really did grow up and grow apart. I'm much happier in my second marriage because there's no "holy crap life is hard in the real world" realization to smack me in the face. We each came with, and accepted that the other had, some extent of baggage coming in and stuff.

Anyone but me have to wonder if TLC is starting to get pissed off that People keeps breaking the news just a day or so too early and beating them to the punch? Hell I caught it on Yahoo which is my home page! Everyone already knows about the special announcement, why tune in? I just picked this thread up at page 10 so forgive me if this has already come up....

!  {TEXT1}:
This thread was locked so it could be cleaned of objectionable material. Please read the rules about discussing sexuality before posting anything remotely suggestive of that in this thread. I have edited posts for content and sent warnings prior to going this drastic. Posters with multiple warnings may find other actions will be taken later. If you quoted an objectionable comment, your comment has also been removed.

It won't take much for a young, impressionable, fundie-lite girl who wants to do everything she can to please God to be "convicted" to become skirts-only or to become more rigid in general with her beliefs. It's shockingly easy for well-meaning religious people to go from being more or less mainstream to super, fringe, fundie.

I'm sorry. As much as I want Siah to be happy, I can't get behind this courtship right now. Just... No. :snooty:

Same here.

Archived