IGNORED

Josiah Duggar is courting

Lana

Jesus. At least they'll have to wait til she's 18 to marry. Or is Arkansas one of those states that lets minors marry with parental permission? Makes me wonder if all the time at Alert was to keep him away from her. Surely the Duggars know a teenage wedding won't play well to most of their audience. Interesting that Josh predicted way back when he married that Josiah would be the next boy to marry.

I doubt they will court longer than a year or so. Probably marry when he's 19 and she's 18. Still too young imo, but a lot of people think that's quaint...because that's how it was done in the old dayz which were so wonderful (mostly only in their own minds) and they just love how the Duggar family values all those old fashioned values. Ugh! Also, I don't think the public focuses as much on the Duggar boys marrying as they do the girls.

Not saying it won't last, but they are babies and never really will get a chance to even get to know who they really are. Of course, none of the kids really have that chance. They are penned into such rigid little boxes and monitored to such a degree that they really have a low chance to being able to truly grow. It so bothers me that as parents Jim Bob and Michelle refuse their children so many opportunities. I want my kids exposed to all kinds of things so they can discover their passions and grow as individuals, but the Duggars are all about stifling anything that doesn't fit their way of lifestyle and belief system. :-(

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This isn't good news at all, he could have 2-3 kids by the time he's in his early 20's and to be honest they both look miserable.

Did Jill and Jessa wait until they were engaged to make an ig with their future husband's last names? Or did they do it while courting? There is a blank Marjorie duggar ig account but I doubt it is real.

I'm pretty sure that Jessa was using Jessa Seawald before they married, at least on Twitter and maybe Instagram.

She is following the wrong Josiah so i wouldn't go for her

Marjorie.jackson says "@Marjorie_Jackson" is the fake account and the one with the period is the real one

School house duggars. someone posted a youtube link that does not work.

It works in Europe, but that's the trouble with youtube. It's in part two and I watched it. There are some children of Majories mum present, but can't tell if it is Genevieve or Marjorie. They go out for diner (and have to order in Spanish) and Siah is doing a lot of the talking. But he is siting a little away from the others at the end of the table, next to Jill. So no early signs there...

Michelle married Jim Bob when she was 17 and he was 19, so they clearly see nothing wrong with how young the kids are. Plus you know how they love their kids to do exactly what they did. In fact, when I was googling around to double-check how old JB and M were when they married, I saw this quote (who does this remind you of?)...

""We didn't buy flowers and barely even decorated the hall," she wrote, noting that she wanted to save money. "Our backdrop was a lattice that we had woven through with crepe paper...I even made my own bouquet using fake flowers so I could keep them to decorate my home with later"... The cake was homemade, too. And Michelle saved money on her dress by wearing her mother-in-law's wedding gown. "Everything we did for our wedding was so inexpensive, but perfect for us," she explained. "We wanted to spend our money on our honeymoon, which was our first time to be alone together."

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-new ... gar-201477

I think they (and their uber fans) think it's just darling when the kids follow in their footsteps and do the same thing, so Josiah marrying at 19, even if she hasn't turned 18 yet, is probably just fine since they did and you know JB thinks nothing he and Michelle do is ever wrong. :nenner:

I don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, I'm happy for Josiah because it means that he'll be able to get out of his parent's place. On the other hand, this is way too young to be publicly announcing a wedding -- because, let's be honest, courtships are the same as an engagement. She's 17 and he's 18. They have no idea who they are yet, or what they truly want from life. I have yet to meet someone who knew EXACTLY what they wanted out of life at that age. There's a reason most people change majors in college, break up with their high school sweethearts, etc.

Not to mention, Josiah has no real world experiences, and neither does she. And their reasons for liking each other seem to fall flat -- her love of the lord? She respects his family? That's a good place to start when you're making friends, but not when you're listing them as reasons to get married. Also, they've known each other for 5 years and those are the best reasons they could come up with?

I guess I'm disappointed. I always had this hope that Josiah would be one of the more reasonable ones.

Also, I fear for him. This has a potential for him to realize that this isn't the girl he wants, but, with how fast courtships go, he could be married by then. Or worse, what if he realizes before hand? Will he have to suck it up and carry on like nothing is wrong? Will he end the courtship? If he ends a courtship, what next? How will the Duggars cope with that?

When Josh got married, they asked him who would be the next boy to marry and he said Josiah. At the time Josiah was 12? but Josh was right. He was very sure of it so I wonder what Josh knew 6 years ago. Josiah and Josh were close (closer then Josh and JD or Joseph). Josiah has said he wants to be like Josh, so maybe this is a reason he wants to marry young and be like his brother.

The one thing I was surprised about is Duggar construction? Poor Josiah. he used to do Josh's books at the car lot and wanted to be an accountant and now he is a construction worker?

I guess out best hope is that Josiah gets to move close to Josh and away from Arkansas.

""We didn't buy flowers and barely even decorated the hall," she wrote, noting that she wanted to save money. "Our backdrop was a lattice that we had woven through with crepe paper...I even made my own bouquet using fake flowers so I could keep them to decorate my home with later"... The cake was homemade, too. And Michelle saved money on her dress by wearing her mother-in-law's wedding gown. "Everything we did for our wedding was so inexpensive, but perfect for us," she explained. "We wanted to spend our money on our honeymoon, which was our first time to be alone together."

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-new ... gar-201477

Had to add this quote from the above article: ""As our children were growing up, we would listen to our wedding cassette again every year on our anniversary," she wrote. "We would reenact the ceremony, show them how we walked down the aisle, and tell them the stories about what it was like."

Can't you just see Jim Bob and Michelle making the kids listen to their wedding cassette every year as they re-enacted the ceremony and stuff. :penguin-no:

Wasn't Siah shilling for College Plus? So much for that...notice that the People magazine piece didn't mention him being any sort of a college student. So sad. I thought at one point he was "apprenticed to a bookkeeper" as well.

Several people have speculated that the Siloam Springs house that Josh & Anna recently bought needs a lot of renovations based on its low price. Perhaps John & Anna aren't planning to move to Arkansas as quickly as we expected--perhaps Siah's "Duggar Construction" is renovating the house.

Is... Is that a real thing? I thought it was some kind of joke

I've read the girls book and I believe it was addressed there (although I could be wrong). They were babbling about the dangers of the internet and phones with internet and how while it is helpful it is dangerous.

Ranks right up there with the bit about JB doesn't like them using ear buds and head phones and yet we so Marcus rocking out with a pair of Beats on.

Late to the party but weighing in. These two are WAY too young. If the marriage happens soon and they don't use contraceptives they could easily have a mega family. I wonder how JD and Joe feel about their younger brother courting ahead of them.

Agreed with everybody who would've loved to see Jana, JD or Joe court. Josiah is still a kid to me.

I agree, I was hoping that it would be JD or Joe announcing a courtship, and was disappointed that it was Josiah as he's still a kid to me. I hope they have a long courtship or engagement, but I know that's not going to be the case.

I don't think this has been said yet. The episode called "Duggars Fly the Coop" features Jill and Joy going to babysit at the Jackson home. They only have 3 girls then but you get to see an 11 year old Marjorie. It's cute, Jill says they are going to babysit kids and Joy says that they are her age. Jill says "that's still little".

Why should you feel your implying that JB is shady is wrong. Look those Duggar Kids will never leave the fold. They can't make it on their own without their parents being in their business. When Josh got the job offer in DC and they discussed it with JB and Michelle, The Dugger parents were not happy about Josh taking the job. On the other hand when they discussed this same matter with Anna's Dad, Anna's Dad thought it was a great decision to move to DC and take the job offer that FRC hired him for.. Only problem is JB and Michelle have broken Joshies spirit and after the move to DC he spends more time in Arkansas than he has been in DC. Its obvious he is homesick and depends on his family a lot. Thats probably one of the reasons he and Anna bought that house in ARK. Anna seemed to be coming her own person in DC, ( despite the idiotic comments made on social media by her) We did see the Duggars and kids interfere in the Josh Duggars lives a lot though. I wonder what Anna's mother thinks of her spreading her legs on tv for a nice fat paycheck from TLC. For some reason I have the funny feeling that Michelle was all gung ho on having home births and she talked Josh and Anna into it. You think Anna's mom would be concerned about her health during the pregnancy and afterward. I am on a rant here going off topic. Anyway those Dugger kids are glued to their parents hips and will never be successful enough to live on their own. They will always have the parents to fall back on and thats the way the Duggar Kids see life. Jim Bob and Michelle are big manipulators and will keep controlling the apron strings long after they are in their graves. Its just the way they brought up their kids. The Duggar Kids can't do anything by themselves. It was almost like Josh asking the Duggar Parents permission to move to DC. Anyone who marries a Duggar will get swallowed up by the Duggar Parents. You can add bribery to that too/Ben having a shit job, no money for a home but a promise of living in a Duggar owned rental. The Duggar parents are very Manipulative. Please forgive my ramblings. These Cancer Drugs can play havic with your train of thought at times.

I'm just so glad we are all here together to laugh about this stuff. This way, I'm not alone talking to myself about the latest Duggar news. :romance-grouphug:

Because there's not. At 18 i am studying, going out and living life. In 2 years time, i will be doing exactly the same. I can't imagine getting married right now, and much less having kids

What will be different is you'll have had 2 years of adult experience.

When Josh got married, they asked him who would be the next boy to marry and he said Josiah. At the time Josiah was 12? but Josh was right. He was very sure of it so I wonder what Josh knew 6 years ago. Josiah and Josh were close (closer then Josh and JD or Joseph). Josiah has said he wants to be like Josh, so maybe this is a reason he wants to marry young and be like his brother.

The one thing I was surprised about is Duggar construction? Poor Josiah. he used to do Josh's books at the car lot and wanted to be an accountant and now he is a construction worker?

I guess out best hope is that Josiah gets to move close to Josh and away from Arkansas.

Both Josh and Josiah seem like they would have well-suited for college and some kind of white collar career. However, in Gothardland the highest thing they could aspire to would be a used car salesman or some other type of retail work, which neither of them seems enthused about. While Josh has a political career of sorts, he must realize that he's out of his league compared with his peers who have real college degrees and made valuable connections in College Republicans, law schools, etc. I think JB is at a loss of what to do with sons like Josh and Josiah who aren't included towards manual labor. It makes me wonder what he will do with all the other middle boys, who also don't seem to be into that either.

What will be different is you'll have had 2 years of adult experience.

That is not adult life. That is learning how to function by oneself

Wasn't Siah shilling for College Plus? So much for that...notice that the People magazine piece didn't mention him being any sort of a college student. So sad. I thought at one point he was "apprenticed to a bookkeeper" as well.

Several people have speculated that the Siloam Springs house that Josh & Anna recently bought needs a lot of renovations based on its low price. Perhaps John & Anna aren't planning to move to Arkansas as quickly as we expected--perhaps Siah's "Duggar Construction" is renovating the house.

Siah was the primary college plus pimper. I can only hope that this union will provide BOTH OF THEM the opportunity to seek out an education if they so desire.

WAH im so frustrated, I was going to call that the announcement in tomorrow's episode was a courtship last night but my phone kept freezing so I couldn't post :angry-banghead:

Will admit I'm very surprised it was siah tho

Ben is hot? I feel bad for your eyes -the guys you must normally see have to be incredibly unfortunate if you find Ben hot.

Bin is cute and mildly attractive, but not a hottie. And that mild attractiveness disappears when I think about what he stands for.

I see where people are saying that Siah is just so young and hasn't experienced life. However, the way the Duggars have set it up is that you don't get to experience life until you get married. He is done with schooling and now just working for JB and living w the Duggars. That's his life.

Now getting involved in a courtship, he gets to do things, go places, have social media accounts-- even a IPhone instead of that you know what. What was Jessa doing before Ben? Not much. Joseph is off at Bible college-- maybe not that appealing to Josiah. All of his older unmarried siblings lead arrested mundane lives. At least JD got his own separate-ish stuff. Josiah is the outside Jana/Jinger.

In the Duggars you only have one choice for at least progressing forward, and Josiah is taking it. If I were Josiah, I'd be jumping too. Marriage, in this family brings opportunities.

On separate note, how wacky that social media is tied to relationships. Like if you aren't with someone, you got nothing important to share.

Archived