IGNORED

Josiah Duggar is courting

Lana

Good Lord, I can't keep up with his thread. But he has a twitter already, apparently. Like others said, I'm not going to get my hopes up like I did with Derick. Josiah is my favorite, but Derick and Jill as a couple actually made me hate Jill. I'm just going to presume that every single person approved to court a Duggar child is just a gigantic koolaid drinker like they are.

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

!  {TEXT1}:
First, a big thanks to the majority of people posting in this thread who are somehow able to talk about this topic without breaking the rules. The other helpmeets and I appreciate your (apparently) Herculean restraint.

Others of you just can't seem to help yourselves. Our rules clearly state that we do not allow speculation about the sexuality of minors or adult children still living at home. Guess what? That includes Josiah! Still.

So knock off all the sneaky little attempts to get digs in, and to winkingly try to get your point across. In short, stop being assholes about this.

Our Prayer Closet is much bigger than the Duggars' and we will not hesitate to add new members.

This is the only warning there will be in this thread.

From this post on, anyone who posts speculation (no matter how veiled) will go into the Prayer Closet and all of their posts will need to be approved by a helpmeet before they become visible.

Also on instagram! Siduggar (I giggled a bit because it sounds so much like side hug)

I dont know... The accounts he's following doesnt smell right. Theres NO ONE that isnt TLC related. The account has one post, from yesterday. You'd think he'd have a few more pictures, or a picture of him and his bride to be.

post-315-14452000073631_thumb.jpg

Also on instagram! Siduggar (I giggled a bit because it sounds so much like side hug)

he's following the right people, but non are following him, could be a new account though and so might not have gotten to it yet.

I'm thinking you're probably right. We've heard JB say there have been tons of people wanting to court his children and he screens them all very carefully.

I have heard the same thing, but seriously -- Jim Boob is "screening carefully"? Really? What exactly is his criteria? Let's see here. His eldest married at 20 with no career and no education. His daughter has no education and married a guy with a college degree, even after we know Jim Boob and J-Chelle have no use for formal education. Another daughter married a 19 year old with (again) no job, little education and no career training.

All of the things MOST parents would find important in any person who wanted to marry one of their children (a college degree, career training, a JOB, any interests whatsoever outside of church and tourism masquerading as "ministry", dating long enough to get to know the person and have some idea whether or not they were compatible) seems to be completely unimportant to the Duggars. What's important? "A heart for missions." Yup. That will put a roof over one's head and food on the table. Even better, Jim Boob seems to think it's perfectly normal for teenagers to marry when the biggest predictor of divorce is still getting married under age 25.

I'm sick to my stomach when I think about these kids trapped because they don't have the education or opportunity to find a line of work that will actually support them and the two idiot "parents" that make sure there's no way out.

For those who posted objectionable material: FJ is a pretty loose site, but we are generally civil, so if this thread had to be locked because of something you posted, then might I suggest that you go elsewhere....like a very, very deep hole. You are not wanted here.

The episode with the spanish lessons is this one: youtube.com/watch?v=2dshot4OHuA

I'm going to watch it for you after I put my little blessings to bed.

I think it's bad news. It would be very good for Siah to have himself a girlfriend and find out what is is he wants from live. But now he's stuck...

Most musical theater would include DANCING, and art oftentimes includes NUDES. Maybe, just maybe, this is a pair of teens who are escape routes for one another? If they marry and become independent of their parents, they can run away to a university. I believe married students can qualify for financial aid regardless of their parents' income.

I know I'm reaching, but . . . .

That would amazing. I Wonder how well Josiah can speak Spanish? He and this girl could carry on full private Spanish convos with chaperones not even knowing what they are saying. I know it's HIGHLY unlikely but it would be amazing if they are planning this escape route with each other haha

I will keep my fingers crossed that they are planning to go to school somewhere... Wouldn't that be nice?

I've been dealing with a teething baby and finally got him down for a nap. First thing I did was jump on FJ to dish about the Duggars courtship.

First off, I am thrilled for Si and Marjorie...they are adorable together. Yup, they are too young, I agree completely. But they're fundies and Si comes from a wealthy family. Heck, maybe Marj will be the breadwinner as a published author. I'm happy he found a girl with aspirations, is intelligent and wears pants!

It will end in tears. I love Josiah. He's probably my favorite. And she seems sweet and smart. But nothing good can come of this. Teenagers marrying to get independence is a very poor way to get independence.

Wait, didn't Josiah have the flip phone of shame at Benessa's wedding? I think that explains this courtship! I would expect the courtship and envageme to be quick so he can start fulfilling his desires rightsously... :lol:

Wait, didn't Josiah have the flip phone of shame at Benessa's wedding? I think that explains this courtship! I would expect the courtship and envageme to be quick so he can start fulfilling his desires rightsously... :lol:

The flip phone of shame? :lol:

I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but do you all remember Josiah mumbling something about marriage in that wisdom tooth, YouTube video? Even though he was high from meds, I think he "might" have throwing a hint then. I just thought it was odd :think:

Oh and I'm not happy about this courtship....because it's courtship. Why does the whole freakin world need to know about this?? There's a storm coming folks. I got a feeling.

Keep in mind that I haven't caught up on comments, but I did some digging during the break:

1. There's an Analucia Jackson on pinterest that was followed/friendly with "Sue Smith"(Anna Duggar), and "Janny Nalon" (possibly Jana Duggar - by the way, this account also had a girls room board months ago that is now gone. If the girls room gets updated in pictures, that might be proof).

2. Marjorie's birthday may be between December 13th and today because I saw a comment on her book's FB page that her mom wrote indicating she was still 15. It might be Feb 17th because a possible relative talks about her growing up to be a wonderful young lady.

3. Quote from the blog about the book: “Marjorie Jackson does an amazing job of articulating exciting Bible stories with the desire to challenge and motivate readers to dig into God’s Word!â€

—Michelle Duggar, mother of TLC’s 19 Kids and Counting

It won't take much for a young, impressionable, fundie-lite girl who wants to do everything she can to please God to be "convicted" to become skirts-only or to become more rigid in general with her beliefs. It's shockingly easy for well-meaning religious people to go from being more or less mainstream to super, fringe, fundie.

I know, and that is so sad. This seemingly beautiful, intelligent, talented girl is about to have all that squashed by the Duggars.

Holy crap. I'm gone for the morning and this goes and happens. 17 and 18!? This is just insane and even hard-core fans have to find this beyond ridiculous. At least Ben had some experience (such that it was...) at outside life before marrying Jessa. This just has disaster written all over it.

Although, from the looks of it, Marjorie seems like a perfectly nice, if banal, person. I worry, though, about her being SO incredibly young and agreeing to a lifestyle she probably knows little about--both Quiverful and reality television star. She's too young to vote or join the army, she's too young to just give her life away to the Duggars.

I will say this news did sadden me. I first saw the article on Facebook, and I was fully expecting it to be Joseph, my heart sank when I read Josiah's name. I hope he is happy. It's crazy how much feels I have for these kids I don't even know. He is too young, I can only hope for the best at this point...

Think he will be on instagram and such soon.

I hope this doesn't blow up in their faces or feel pressured. I wish they had left it private for a bit.

Poor kids

For those who posted objectionable material: FJ is a pretty loose site, but we are generally civil, so if this thread had to be locked because of something you posted, then might I suggest that you go elsewhere....like a very, very deep hole. You are not wanted here.

It was nothing nasty, it was just the usual speculative stuff that breaks the terms of FJ. If you post here: read the rules, don't put kids in awkward positions that could be potentially harmful to them, pretty much it.

The flip phone of shame? :lol:

"Has a flip phone of shame" needs to be a post count title. :D

Lets do some wild speculation math

There have been TWO HUNDRED AND SEVENTEEN Duggar shows

5 "pre series" shows - 2005 - 2007

13 VSEs (including the 2011 world tour and Duggars do Asia)

2008 - 10 shows

2009 - 28

2010 - 38

2011 - 33

2012 - 26

2013 - 21

2014 - 29

2015 - 14 (including tomorrow and we know there is atleast one on 5/5 not counted)

Some of those are obviously half hour, some are an hour. I dont feel like figuring out which is which, so lets just assume that they were paid 30k per episode regardless of length. This will take the older seasons when they probably were paid much less into account. That adds up to $6,510,000... SIX AND A HALF MILLION DOLLARS!

Again, ignoring interest... take just that lump sum and assume Boob buried it in a box in the backyard. Divide it by 22 (because boob gets a double share and they really should pay grandma). That leaves about $296k per person.

Is 300 k enough to support you for life? No, but when Boob pays your housing its definitely enough to start a completely unemployable person off on a marriage. That money has earned interest and has no sign of stopping... Even if Siah can get a pretty low paying job he should be just fine for the foreseeable future.

I'm starting to agree with the poster who said that Josiah may have been trying to see Marjorie as a "regular boyfriend/girlfriend" but got caught and now has to court her. This entire situation feels very strange, not like the other highly orchestrated and chaparoned courtships. Something is up, but I doubt we'll ever find out what that is, unless Josiah or Marjorie break ranks and write a tell-all. :think:

This would break my heart. Like, I already feel bad because they're so young but this girl seems to have more spark and life in her than any Duggar ever will. If she has to give up theater and sitcoms and pants...I don't even know. The whole situation is kind of sad. I'm hoping the fact that she seems pretty bright will keep her from becoming Anna 2.0.

If they can pull a Josh and move cross-country and start to do things their way, that would be so exciting but I feel like Boob has kept his kids almost entirely dependent on him with their futures. The more I think about it, the less goofy fundie it seems, and more outright sinister.

I hope I'm not crossing an FJ line by implying that JB is kinda shady as a parent but if I am I'm sorry.

I don't think anyone here will argue that perception.

I will say this news did sadden me. I first saw the article on Facebook, and I was fully expecting it to be Joseph, my heart sank when I read Josiah's name. I hope he is happy. It's crazy how much feels I have for these kids I don't even know. He is too young, I can only hope for the best at this point...

Think he will be on instagram and such soon.

I hope this doesn't blow up in their faces or feel pressured. I wish they had left it private for a bit.

Poor kids

instagram.com/Siduggar

Official. Duggarfam, Jessa and jill are following him

Not sure if anyone has brought this up, but there was a Pickles/comments screen cap in one of Jills labor threads viewtopic.php?f=87&t=25498&p=904043&hilit=restaurant#p904043 where there was speculation about who was seen at the restaurant, and now it all makes sense.

(Except for the part where they call the waitress Derick's ex-gf, still haven't figured out that one)

Archived