IGNORED

Josiah Duggar is courting

Lana

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didn't someone mention seeing Marjorie at Jessa's wedding, if so where was this?

No someone found a picture of Marjorie with Ben's sisters. Someone else added that it was around Jessa's birthday.

Didn't someone mention seeing Marjorie at Jessa's wedding, if so where was this?

I saw her very clearly in the Jessa wedding episode on TLC. Right about the part where they're filming the rehearsal dinner and showing the "help crew", she's standing close to Sierra.

It has been stated that they've known each other for years. Her mom is their Spanish teacher. They haven't hid that fact.

Not saying they hid that fact because clearly, they didn't. Jessa's photo with Marjorie and the Seewald sisters, the fact that she was seen a few times on other photos and in some TLC episodes. But they did downplay it, A LOT. I know I'm not the only one who thinks this because I've seen it mentionned here alone a dozen times.

From the announcement, I got a feeling they'd been acquaintances but Josiah hadn't really "noticed her" until Nov. or December. When really, she seems to have been part of the group and hanging out with them as a close family friend.

I just feel like these courtship announcements come out of left field. Same with thing with Ben and Jessa.

Not saying they hid that fact because clearly, they didn't. Jessa's photo with Marjorie and the Seewald sisters, the fact that she was seen a few times on other photos and in some TLC episodes. But they did downplay it, A LOT. I know I'm not the only one who thinks this because I've seen it mentionned here alone a dozen times.

From the announcement, I got a feeling they'd been acquaintances but Josiah hadn't really "noticed her" until Nov. or December. When really, she seems to have been part of the group and hanging out with them as a close family friend.

I just feel like these courtship announcements come out of left field. Same with thing with Ben and Jessa.

That's not the feeling I got. Plus, it's hard to just be acquaintances when you see each other's families on a regular basis and you're in that community.

That said, it's very much possible that she and Josiah didn't have anything at all till the mission trip and she was there for Jessa or one of the girls, and not for him.

Josiah has been suffering in the boot camp and now is forced (?) to court and marry.

He is not an easy son , clearly JB doesn't like him, and marry him off is a way to keep him controlled. Once he will be married and father, he will be trapped and without freedom to try another kind of life.

Sure they will also marry Joy at 18.

I truly do not believe J&M were "just friendly acquaintances" when they snapped a photo with Tom Cotton. How many other photos have ever been seen of a Duggar kid and an opposite sex person their age?

In Courting World, Josiah and Marg would not be just hanging out together at events. Where's the chaperone?

I suspect that official announcement does not reflect when courtship actually began. Bet we don't see endless episodes of how Josiah asked Marjorie to court.

I truly do not believe J&M were "just friendly acquaintances" when they snapped a photo with Tom Cotton. How many other photos have ever been seen of a Duggar kid and an opposite sex person their age?

In Courting World, Josiah and Marg would not be just hanging out together at events. Where's the chaperone?

I suspect that official announcement does not reflect when courtship actually began. Bet we don't see endless episodes of how Josiah asked Marjorie to court.

I've thought this since I tried finding her age. She just turned 17 sometime around January. What sounds better to the public, though: 18 year old Duggar boy courting 16 year old girl, or 18 year old Duggar boy courting 17 year old girl! I think a lot of us, when we first saw the announcement, thought she would have a birthday soon and then they'd be married. They probably won't be able to wait until she's 18 to be married (ie, have rightful sex), so there probably will be a wedding soon, but she won't be 18 for it. I don't know why they didn't announce in Feb, but maybe they thought the baby news would distract from her young age too. They definitely seem to have hung out a lot before officially courting.

Josiah has been suffering in the boot camp and now is forced (?) to court and marry.

He is not an easy son , clearly JB doesn't like him, and marry him off is a way to keep him controlled. Once he will be married and father, he will be trapped and without freedom to try another kind of life.

Sure they will also marry Joy at 18.

Or: Josiah had his eye on Marjorie for a long time and was stumbling/afraid he would stumble. Sperm and egg donor learn of it in the weekly deprogramming session and reward him with a year-long trip to ALERT camp and a flip phone of shame. Now that Marjorie is getting close to the age of majority, Nut and Nutschelle (shout out to IFTR--she was awesome when she wasn't an asshole) allow Josiah to ask Marjorie to start a courtship.

Archived