IGNORED

Duggar Property

snickerz

my friend worked for an attorney who would work with harvey levin on various legal matters, like part of a big matter were parcelled out and assigned. she said he was a very nice man and his office even sent her a box of godiva chocolates every year at christmas time.

so where did they get the money? if they have a few millions just laying around, why didn't they pay for josie's care? i had a bill of only $18K from NICU but nobody helped me. i think josie was closer to a half-million or so.

if they didn't have the money, they are in debt. which means they are also liars. how many sins are we up to now?

so much for denying a blessing and applying for a curse.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow to all the sleuths on this board. :dance: :dance: :dance:

If this turns out to be something big I wonder how the Duggar defenders are going to spin it.

They will try to pull various excuses for the Duggars and I can see them crying "Chrsitian persecution" of the "sweet hard working Duggars." Looking at this situation, I'm not surprised at all. I think a lot of us on FJ and twop have suspected debt happening and questionable business practices for awhile. All of us have debts or certain things we wouldn't like a lot of people to know, the Duggars aren't better than anyone else. The Duggars do act like they are better than others. Boob and Mullet have mentioned in different interviews about how they don't have credit cards, debts, etc. I have seen their defenders say things like "the Duggars do better supporting their large family rather than people who have credit cards and 2 kids". The Duggars in some ways are worse than the couple with 2 kids who some credit card debt or student loan debt. . As I've mentioned before, the Duggars have been receiving through food and clothing donations for a long time now. I suspect those donations started happening after 5 or 6 kids. I recall reading somewhere that Mary gave Jim Boob property and she helped them in other ways. Boob and Mullet received help from family members which isn't a bad thing, but they lie about it. A couple who has 2 kids and may have debts probably isn't getting food or clothing donations for their children unless they are in really bad situation

The Duggar defenders will probably use the whole "legal shell" excuse. But this story will not look good for Dave Ramsey and some of the others the Duggars associate with when it comes to financial planning. Dave Ramsey enjoys some of the publicity and interests he gets through being connected to the Duggars. He also increased some of his popularity when he hired Stuff Christians Like blogger Jon Acuff to his staff. I bet Dave will be pissed if this gets out because his reptuation will be somewhat damaged because his followers Boob and Mullet have lied about being debt free.

Good job Reems. I just sent the docs to Blosser at the Enq. I told him to get jumping because other outlets have lawyers looking at them :lol:

FormerG: ANB show up in some early property purchases by the Duggars.

Frankly I don't care what outlet causes the shit to roll downhill onto the Duggars. Its been a good days work Hive, I'm gonna balance my checkbook and head out for a martini and lunch while the snow is still melting.

It could be Harvey looking at the documents, but it could be someone else. Harvey has worked mostly in the entertainment industry and he maybe rusty on certain things. My guess is that Harvey keeps another lawyer on call to review stuff like this.

OMG, you talked to Max, I love him! :clap:

Didn't they have insurance to cover Josie's NICU stay?

They did have insurance cover the NICU. Either in the second book or an interview, Jim Bob said that someitme before Josie's birth he was thinking about downgrading their insurance plan and after Josie was born he was glad he didn't. I believe what wasn't covered by insurance likely got paid off by TLC.

This is actually a bit exciting.

I'm excited, too. Perhaps, I should feel guilty because the Duggars are such a good family and strong role models (wretching).

Thanks to the FJ-ers who are contacting the media, good job. Another couple of sites you might want to contact are Jezebel.com and Gawker.com.

And once this story breaks, I'm going to have this song in my head:

For the people involved in actually gathering and organizing data or brainstorming, this might be useful:

http://piratepad.net/kKNvpIhr7G

It allows multi-person collaboration in real time, and saves every iteration of the work on a time-slider.

I have found it to be very helpful for group planning.

Gryfin, I think I'll give this a try when I begin working on the Maxwells and Bodkins. :lol:

Good job Reems. I just sent the docs to Blosser at the Enq. I told him to get jumping because other outlets have lawyers looking at them :lol:

FormerG: ANB show up in some early property purchases by the Duggars.

Frankly I don't care what outlet causes the shit to roll downhill onto the Duggars. Its been a good days work Hive, I'm gonna balance my checkbook and head out for a martini and lunch while the snow is still melting.

*applause* You deserve it!

I really hope this makes it into the Enquirer, I'll buy myself a copy and I'll put in on my heathen Visa and laugh.

At this rate it is going to somehow get back FJ - a quick google search will lead you straight here. We are going to need someone to be the 'official" spokesperson for the media!

Austin?

I'm excited, too. Perhaps, I should feel guilty because the Duggars are such a good family and strong role models (wretching).

Thanks to the FJ-ers who are contacting the media, good job. Another couple of sites you might want to contact are Jezebel.com and Gawker.com.

And once this story breaks, I'm going to have this song in my head:

I wouldn't contact Jezebel. Jezebel lies quite a bit about certain things and they also ignore certain things. Last year they had a donation fund set up for Catelynn and Tyler from Teen Mom. The fund was set up as a college donation fund and Jezebel kept ignoring the fact that Catelynn and Tyler made about 60k from MTV during that year.

:clap: Well done and good night hive. :clap:

Thank you for giving a reason other than frantic essay writing for waking up early.

Please keep those of us who don't live in the USA posted of the media reaction.

:clap: Well done and good night hive. :clap:

Thank you for giving a reason other than frantic essay writing for waking up early.

Please keep those of us who don't live in the USA posted of the media reaction.

Don't if the story breaks out, links will be posted in this thread.

I wouldn't contact Jezebel. Jezebel lies quite a bit about certain things and they also ignore certain things. Last year they had a donation fund set up for Catelynn and Tyler from Teen Mom. The fund was set up as a college donation fund and Jezebel kept ignoring the fact that Catelynn and Tyler made about 60k from MTV during that year.

Ooh, I didn't know about that. Thanks for the scoop.

As for TMZ, I don't often go to that site, but I do like watching the TV show. FYI, this is Max.

12105_max_rad_02-1.jpg

ANB is the now defunct Arkansas National Bank. From 2008:

Federal regulators close Arkansas bank ANB Financial

May 9 07:45 PM US/Eastern

BENTONVILLE, Ark. (AP) - Federal regulators says they've closed ANB Financial National Association banks after discovering "unsafe and unsound" business practices there.

David Barr, a spokesman for the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. says many customers served by the bank's nine locations had accounts under $100,000, which will be fully insured by the government. Barr says customers can continue to write checks and draw money from ATMs through the weekend.

Barr says Pulaski Bank and Trust Co. agreed to assume control over ANB Financial's bank locations, which will be open Monday.

As of Jan. 31, federal regulators say ANB Financial had about $2.1 billion in assets and $1.8 billion in total deposits.

It was the third closure this year of an FDIC-insured bank. Douglass National Bank, a Missouri bank with $58.5 million in assets, was shut in January; another Missouri institution with assets of $18.7 million, Hume Bank, was shut down in March.

Both were dwarfed in size of ANB Financial, where regulators found lax lending standards, mostly for construction and development loans for projects in Utah, Idaho and Wyoming, as well as Arkansas.

Observers have been watching for signs of bank distress resulting from the mortgage crisis. Profits at federally insured U.S. banks and thrifts plunged to a 16-year low in the fourth quarter as institutions set aside a record-high amount to cover losses from sour mortgages.

The FDIC is planning to beef up its staff, including temporarily hiring up to 25 retired FDIC employees who worked in the agency's more than 200-person division that handles failed banks. They will handle an anticipated increase in bank failures.

Ooh, I didn't know about that. Thanks for the scoop.

As for TMZ, I don't often go to that site, but I do like watching the TV show. FYI, this is Max.

12105_max_rad_02-1.jpg

I also love the TV show. I sometimes read certain articles on the site. Max is pretty funny on the show and I also like Kimberly and that the other woman who looks really young.

If you call in, make sure you really know what you're talking about and can express it clearly and well. One bad call, if it gets any attention, could kill the story's momentum.

Archived