IGNORED

Duggar Property

snickerz

But this story will not look good for Dave Ramsey and some of the others the Duggars associate with when it comes to financial planning. Dave Ramsey enjoys some of the publicity and interests he gets through being connected to the Duggars.

Duggars don't do Dave Ramsey. They tout Jim Sammons Financial Freedom Seminars.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ANB is the now defunct Arkansas National Bank. From 2008:

Federal regulators close Arkansas bank ANB Financial

May 9 07:45 PM US/Eastern

BENTONVILLE, Ark. (AP) - Federal regulators says they've closed ANB Financial National Association banks after discovering "unsafe and unsound" business practices there.

David Barr, a spokesman for the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. says many customers served by the bank's nine locations had accounts under $100,000, which will be fully insured by the government. Barr says customers can continue to write checks and draw money from ATMs through the weekend.

Barr says Pulaski Bank and Trust Co. agreed to assume control over ANB Financial's bank locations, which will be open Monday.

As of Jan. 31, federal regulators say ANB Financial had about $2.1 billion in assets and $1.8 billion in total deposits.

It was the third closure this year of an FDIC-insured bank. Douglass National Bank, a Missouri bank with $58.5 million in assets, was shut in January; another Missouri institution with assets of $18.7 million, Hume Bank, was shut down in March.

Both were dwarfed in size of ANB Financial, where regulators found lax lending standards, mostly for construction and development loans for projects in Utah, Idaho and Wyoming, as well as Arkansas.

Observers have been watching for signs of bank distress resulting from the mortgage crisis. Profits at federally insured U.S. banks and thrifts plunged to a 16-year low in the fourth quarter as institutions set aside a record-high amount to cover losses from sour mortgages.

The FDIC is planning to beef up its staff, including temporarily hiring up to 25 retired FDIC employees who worked in the agency's more than 200-person division that handles failed banks. They will handle an anticipated increase in bank failures.

Interesting. So let me get this straight. The property originally was owned by Bell cow. ANB bought it and the Duggars didn't buy it from ANB until 2009 well after their house was built? And then only for $1?

The other thing to remember is that the Duggars were working on the house for years before Johannah was born (in 2005). I believe that they poured their slab and laid the heating tubing in the floor in 2003. They showed videos of this in 14 Kids and Pregnant Again (shot in 2004). Why does this matter? Well, for the simple question of "why would you break ground on such a large house- especially if you're doing it debt-free- when you don't actually own the property?" Who owned the land at that time? If the papers we're seeing are correct, then it wasn't Jim Bob and Michelle (unless they were the people who defaulted). Am I understanding this correctly?

Another question: based on that first special (14KandP)- the Duggars sold their home to a church and moved to the rental, which was then torn down. I wonder if there was a trade? Perhaps they accepted the new house land for the value of their old home?

ANB was appointed receiver to liquidate the property after one of the BellCow partners incurred a huge judgement against him.

I'm really wondering if this ANB is the bank or a shell. The bank went belly up before the property was transferred to the Duggars.

The big question in my mind is how the hell do you build on property you don't own? BellCow owned the property at the time of construction. I'm gonna leave that to the men in suits on TV to figure out. There is only so much data mining I can do in a day :D

I got through but they only want questions/comments regarding Casey Anthony and Charles Barkley. Only stories they have already broken apparently; I'm sure they want to make sure that the story is legit before they let someone on the air that might just be spouting crap. I'm sure after there have their lawyer clear it and they release it - then we can call it with our opinions.

The other thing to remember is that the Duggars were working on the house for years before Johannah was born (in 2005). I believe that they poured their slab and laid the heating tubing in the floor in 2003. They showed videos of this in 14 Kids and Pregnant Again (shot in 2004). Why does this matter? Well, for the simple question of "why would you break ground on such a large house- especially if you're doing it debt-free- when you don't actually own the property?" Who owned the land at that time? If the papers we're seeing are correct, then it wasn't Jim Bob and Michelle (unless they were the people who defaulted). Am I understanding this correctly?

Another question: based on that first special (14KandP)- the Duggars sold their home to a church and moved to the rental, which was then torn down. I wonder if there was a trade? Perhaps they accepted the new house land for the value of their old home?

Another property they currently own was once an AOG church.

I got through but they only want questions/comments regarding Casey Anthony and Charles Barkley. Only stories they have already broken apparently; I'm sure they want to make sure that the story is legit before they let someone on the air that might just be spouting crap. I'm sure after there have their lawyer clear it and they release it - then we can call it with our opinions.

Which site or paper are you talking about?

Since JimBob and Michelle both have real estate licenses, it doesn't surprise me that they'd know a way to work the system. :/

An interesting addendum to those documents is that the name Campbell is well-known in IBLP/ATI circles. I'm wondering if there's a connection?

ANB was appointed receiver to liquidate the property after one of the BellCow partners incurred a huge judgement against him.

I'm really wondering if this ANB is the bank or a shell. The bank went belly up before the property was transferred to the Duggars.

The big question in my mind is how the hell do you build on property you don't own? BellCow owned the property at the time of construction. I'm gonna leave that to the men in suits on TV to figure out. There is only so much data mining I can do in a day :D

The reason ANB came to mind is some of the documents listed ANB FDIC. The FDIC guarantees bank deposits...up to a certain amount.

Since JimBob and Michelle both have real estate licenses, it doesn't surprise me that they'd know a way to work the system. :/

An interesting addendum to those documents is that the name Campbell is well-known in IBLP/ATI circles. I'm wondering if there's a connection?

Ruth, are any of these Campbells familiar to you?

CRAIG L CAMPBELL , President

BOBBY L CAMPBELL , Secretary

KEVIN L CAMPBELL , Vice-President

BOBBY L CAMPBELL , Treasurer

CRAIG L CAMPBELL , Controller

Which site or paper are you talking about?

I was trying to call into TMZ live.

They have the info and are running it past legal before the post it online - so says Max.

There are several Campbells involved in IBLP and ATI. Several in Arkansas, in fact. These names do sound very familiar to me; but, I have no way to back up, factually, that these are the same Campbells. Nancy Campbell wrote a very popular QF book- so, maybe, I'm just confusing them? It would be interesting to go back in the ATI/IBLP directories and look for these names.

Well, maybe we now know why John David isn't courting anyone. Jim Bob can't afford to set him up with a home and business of his own yet. As for the girls, it's likely that no one has yet come along who makes enough money to support them in their current lifestyle.

I wonder if the 4.5 million mortgage was a consolidated loan for all of Jim Bob and Michelle's properties, not just the house that they live in.

Arkansas Real Estate Commission Agent Search

Navigation : New Agent Search >> Report Search Results

Agent Name License Number Address Company Expiration Date Upcoming

CE Filed?

DUGGAR, JAMES SA00028147 SPRINGDALE, AR 72766 GOOD NEIGHBOR REALTY 12/31/2012 No

DUGGAR, MARY PB00007977 SPRINGDALE, AR 72766 GOOD NEIGHBOR REALTY 12/31/2012 No

I was trying to call into TMZ live.

They have the info and are running it past legal before the post it online - so says Max.

Oh ok.

I think TMZ may break the story if they get it past legal. TMZ is pretty aware of the dislike towards the Duggars.

Oh ok.

I think TMZ may break the story if they get it past legal. TMZ is pretty aware of the dislike towards the Duggars.

Yeah - they are not really in the "pro-duggar" camp.

My brother said he believes Kevin Campbell is involved in IBLP and has a stake in a used car business in Springdale.

Oh, wow.

I can't wait for this story to break either.

That Mom (thatmom.com - I think she has been discussed before) - is a Campbell, and part of the ATI. Maybe a relation of the Campbells we are discussing here?

FYI Springdale is Benton County. JB & M have 1 more real estate holding there. http://www.ark.org/bentoncounty

No, it's not. It is quite possible that a particular address in Benton County might have a Springdale zip code and therefore have a Springdale address, but Springdale the city is in no way in Benton County.

Craig has A LOT of land in Springdale, Lincoln and Prairie Grove AR. What is his relationship to Kevin?

Kevin also has a few parcels that is he delinquent on as well and Mapquest shows that it might be a car lot.......maybe an apartment building?

http://www.mapquest.com/#c3b835ad40c0f71ded31fb7a

Thanks Ruth!!!!!

Archived