IGNORED

Duggar Property

snickerz

That information is not talking about their home. It's a property in Fayetteville. Their home is not in Fayetteville; it's in Tontitown, but it is served by the Springdale post office so they have a Springdale address.

Their home is not even close to Fayetteville. There's no chance it could be in an annexed area or mistakenly in Tonitown but really it's in Fayetteville. Their home is in Tontitown. Otherwise JD could not run for city council there.

All the rest is probably true--the mortgage and all the rest, but it's not about the family home where they live now.

They have no property of record in Tonitown.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But what you posted above is about a plot in Fayetteville. Two separate places.

eta:

Lot: Block: S-T-R: 24-16-31

Addition: 24-16-31 FAYETTEVILLE OUTLOTS

School District: FAYETTEVILLE SCH, FAY Tax District: 011

City: FAYETTEVILLE

Could be Josh's property. I noticed the tax districts were the same. His property taxes list 1965 N PORTER RD FAYETTEVILLE AR 72704 as his address. That is definitely in Fayettevile, AND it's on an interstate corner that will most definitely have gas stations and retail on it sometime in the future.

Assessment Number: 9136848 Assessment Year: 2010

Assessment Date: 4/22/2010 Last Modified: 4/22/2010

Name: DUGGAR, JOSHUA OR ANNA

Mailing Address: 1965 N PORTER RD FAYETTEVILLE AR 72704

Tax District Total Assessed Value Total Late Value

011 1,460 0

http://www.co.washington.ar.us/Property ... 7&TR=3&V=2

But other people are talking about building the house on property they had a mortgage on, but didn't actually own.

I don't really see the big deal if what we're talking about is a business investment that they had a mortgage on. That's different than your personal finances.

What is so bad/reprehensible/morally-corrupt about using a shell company?

I was under the impression that these are useful if one is involved in diverse businesses - real estate, used cars, etc.

My husband and I are planning on using a shell when we open our family farm business later this year, because we have some real estate properties as well, but perhaps I'm not understanding it correctly.

Can anyone explain? Sorry for sounding dense.

That doesn't change the fact that their home is on a map within the city limits of Tontitown. I don't know what your point is?

But other people are talking about building the house on property they had a mortgage on, but didn't actually own.

I don't really see the big deal if what we're talking about is a business investment that they had a mortgage on. That's different than your personal finances.

I thought that they were talking about the land they built on. Sorry. :oops: But even if it is a business investment on the clip I linked to earlier from their very first show Jim Bob says that they paid off all debts and were going to be debt free in all areas of their life. That if they can't afford it, they don't buy it. So they have made it seem like they don't even have business debt.

This is a google satellite map - this is the duggar's home, right?

http://g.co/maps/qhfhn

It's about the right address - with the country roads, google puts stuff in the weirdest places.

Also, look at that deed - it says the purchase amount was 400,000. The deeds for everything in Arkansas seem to say transferred for a dollar.

That doesn't change the fact that their home is on a map within the city limits of Tontitown. I don't know what your point is?

Very simply the Duggars own no property in Tonitown.

Okay, after looking at the documents, what happened was this -- the original owners of the property owed the 7 million figure. It was put up for auction to satisfy that debt. The best price offered at auction was 4.5$ million by the ANB Venture, LLC. ANB Venture, LLC subsequently transferred it to the Duggars. I don't see any evidence from these documents that the Duggars ever owed a mortgage on this property either, business investment or residence, whichever it is. And if it's not their residence, then it takes care of the question of why they built on it before it was in their name -- because this is a different property. So I simply don't see any issue here.

This Duggar property is in Tontitown. Note the location address and the mailing address. Just up the street from each other, but if you google them, they are within the city limits of Tontitown. Both served by the Springdale post office, thus the Springdale address.

2 Parcel: 001-17066-000 S-T-R: 13-17-31 Type: VP Assessed Value: 0

Location Address: 11474 ARBOR ACRES AVE RURAL

Owner Name: DUGGAR, JAMES R & MICHELLE A REVOCABLE LIVING TRUST

Mailing Address: 548 ARBOR ACRES AVE SPRINGDALE AR 72762-6219

This Duggar property is in Tontitown. Note the location address and the mailing address. Just up the street from each other, but if you google them, they are within the city limits of Tontitown. Both served by the Springdale post office, thus the Springdale address.

2 Parcel: 001-17066-000 S-T-R: 13-17-31 Type: VP Assessed Value: 0

Location Address: 11474 ARBOR ACRES AVE RURAL

Owner Name: DUGGAR, JAMES R & MICHELLE A REVOCABLE LIVING TRUST

Mailing Address: 548 ARBOR ACRES AVE SPRINGDALE AR 72762-6219

eta: 11474 Arbor Acres and 548 Arbor Acres could very well be on the same 20 acres plot, since they are only .4 miles apart. My guess is that the 548 is the driveway for the house and the 11474 is the commercial building that is up on the road.

I think the most likely scenario for a bank to own land that a private party is building on would be a mortgage. That's not proof or anything. But it is a typical situation, one that JB swears he didn't partake of.

The tax fraud with the car lot, the shell corporations passing around money, and the tax delinquency (albeit minor) are the smoking guns here.

For the millionth time, shell corporations passing around money is not illegal or strange and is certainly not a smoking gun. Also, like someone said, the cars on the car lot might be exempt from taxes.

There are a lot of accusations being thrown around here by people who don't know how to read the documents or who are making wild assumptions.

Okay, after looking at the documents, what happened was this -- the original owners of the property owed the 7 million figure. It was put up for auction to satisfy that debt. The best price offered at auction was 4.5$ million by the ANB Venture, LLC. ANB Venture, LLC subsequently transferred it to the Duggars. I don't see any evidence from these documents that the Duggars ever owed a mortgage on this property either, business investment or residence, whichever it is. And if it's not their residence, then it takes care of the question of why they built on it before it was in their name -- because this is a different property. So I simply don't see any issue here.

This is what I see as well.

I really don't care about the real estate. JB is pretty savvy with finances and I am sure he does plenty of sketchy stuff to make a buck, but he is probably smart enough to make sure it is on the up and up. I personally am more interested in the potential tax fraud. They own a whole lot of late model cars valued at zero.

I think this whole issue is a bit above what we can see. To me, there are a few things that I would like answered.

1 - Did the duggars or a corp entity under their control take out a mortgage or a loan of any sort on any property.

2 - Are any of the properties/cars being claimed as "church" property and thus exempt from taxes being used for political purposes

3 - Is there any property, real or otherwise, being intentionally undervalued and moved around between corporations for tax purposes.

We cant answer any of these questions so I'll wait for someone qualified to answer them without further speculation on my part.

I really don't care about the real estate. JB is pretty savvy with finances and I am sure he does plenty of sketchy stuff to make a buck, but he is probably smart enough to make sure it is on the up and up. I personally am more interested in the potential tax fraud. They own a whole lot of late model cars valued at zero.

Could be registered out of state. Problem solved.

I think it was posted earlier that in AR doing this with cars was legal. Driving them as personal cars like Joshie does, isn't, though.

I think this whole issue is a bit above what we can see. To me, there are a few things that I would like answered.

1 - Did the duggars or a corp entity under their control take out a mortgage or a loan of any sort on any property.

2 - Are any of the properties/cars being claimed as "church" property and thus exempt from taxes being used for political purposes

3 - Is there any property, real or otherwise, being intentionally undervalued and moved around between corporations for tax purposes.

We cant answer any of these questions so I'll wait for someone qualified to answer them without further speculation on my part.

I would also add

Did the duggars deliberately low ball purchase prices of real estate and other real property to avoid mandatory reporting of cash exchanges to individuals or businesses or other entities as specified by law.

Did the duggars ever use their home church to make donations to individuals and businesses in lieu of payments to individuals or businesses for goods, services or real property.

Depending on where you live in Tontitown, you will have either a Springdale or Fayetteville address. In that particular part of Washington County, your kids will go to Fayetteville, Farmington or Springdale schools. It all depends on your physical address.

I don't want to burst anyone's bubbles, but this info (at least part of it) has already been "discovered" and discussed elsewhere online:

http://community.discovery.com/eve/foru ... 371501/p/2

Also, while it seems like there might be a whole lot of controversy here, I'm not sure that any of it will be that newsworthy. I could be wrong, but it's a lot of legal mumbo-jumbo that most people don't understand, and unless you can prove that there has been deception (for example, it was first believed that they had a 4.5m mortgage and that goes against their proclaimed "no debt" mantra, but now it's not?) or discrepancies, it's not going to look like much. Especially if there isn't a clear "story" for these gossip/news sites to go after.

Just my five cents and trying to manage expectations. I personally would be appalled at my financial info being discussed like this, but there is nothing remotely interesting about my finances and property owenrship, except the fact that I adore my '03 Jeep and wouldn't sell it unless it disintegrated into tin foil.

How about the family bus? Is it 'home church' property? It was the one skinned with political signs on Smuggars instagram, right?

I don't want to burst anyone's bubbles, but this info (at least part of it) has already been "discovered" and discussed elsewhere online:

http://community.discovery.com/eve/foru ... 371501/p/2

Also, while it seems like there might be a whole lot of controversy here, I'm not sure that any of it will be that newsworthy. I could be wrong, but it's a lot of legal mumbo-jumbo that most people don't understand, and unless you can prove that there has been deception (for example, it was first believed that they had a 4.5m mortgage and that goes against their proclaimed "no debt" mantra, but now it's not?) or discrepancies, it's not going to look like much. Especially if there isn't a clear "story" for these gossip/news sites to go after.

Just my five cents and trying to manage expectations. I personally would be appalled at my financial info being discussed like this, but there is nothing remotely interesting about my finances and property owenrship, except the fact that I adore my '03 Jeep and wouldn't sell it unless it disintegrated into tin foil.

I have seen that discussion before on the discovery boards and that topic has been discussed on IMDB several times.

Archived