IGNORED

Duggar Property

snickerz

I'd expect the same amount of scrutiny and public exposure if a diet-and-exercise guru turned out to have gotten liposuction. Even if what they do is legal, public figures should also be held to ethical standards as well. The fans of the Duggars who try to follow their example by living "debt free" deserve to know if the people they are using as an example are not actually following their own rules. People are quick to defend their draconian beliefs by saying, "If they are living debt-free, what's the big deal?" The idea being that it's alright to have a mega large family if you aren't leaching money off of anybody. If the Duggars really are staying afloat through shady business practices, they lose the right to that justification in the eyes of the public.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I pushed send. Fact is all this stuff is public record that the Duggars can't hide.

I'm thinking that this should be 'seeded' on some other venues. Like the Discovery channel forums. Something like 'why is the NE looking into the Duggars real estate transactions?'

FG: The deed was transferred in 9/2009 :D

The Duggars seemed to have forgotten that verse about your sins finding you out. Perhaps they should have paid more attention to that one instead of the make more babies one.

From what I understood of the Bates remodel, the Duggars took a tip from the way they do it on other television shows. They, or the production company, rented the Bates House for "filming purposes" and then "improved" the space. You're not responsible, in some states, for taxes on improvements made to a property by a leasee.

I also don't care what is said publicly: there was a time when they wrote off their house as a church expense. Before the show, this was one of the ways many QF families operated.

Wow. Jim Bob is holding an ebil Catholic Knights of Columbus poster in that picture!

I think Dim Bulb might not know that is the K of C sign.

Thanks to everyone who uncovered this stuff on the Duggars, as others have said some of their business practices likely are legal, but those practices still don't look good. As for the 4.5 million dollar debt, I have been laughing out loud at this. This is one huge thing that shows the Duggars are hypocrites.

It will sell papers because they have made their money and whole image off of being this debt free family and the whole time they were in massive debt and now they haven't even paid their taxes. America doesn't love anything more than watching golden reality tv stars crash and burn.

Yup, if the mainstream gets ahold of this, many Americans will love hating on the Duggars. The hate for the Duggars will increase mostly because of them lying about debt free. I wonder what Dave Ramsey and his team will do if this comes out.

DllCz55LoEo

This is there first show where they say that they have no debt and will never have any debt. It starts at about the 40 second mark. Yes, America loves catching stars who lie and will have a field day with this.

The 4.5M thing is pretty interesting, but the tax stuff can all be dependent on all of the state and county rules. Sometimes, you don't have to pay tax on a vehichle if it meets certain classifications or if you meet certain qualifications. The $1 title transfer is pretty normal for familial title transfers in trusts and such. Being an accountant married to a tax attorney (althought not in Arkansas, so don't know the rules), we deal with this stuff daily and even "delinquent" property taxes are subjective especially if you are looking at a governmental website that may only be updated once a month...

The real scandal is the $4.5M loan.

NE could also use the stuff about leaving & cleaving in their story (they've said that Josh "owns" the car lot, his home, etc.) Clearly daddy is still supporting him, because Josh owns nothing but a piece of crap car. Once again, caught in a lie.

NE could also use the stuff about leaving & cleaving in their story (they've said that Josh "owns" the car lot, his home, etc.) Clearly daddy is still supporting him, because Josh owns nothing but a piece of crap car. Once again, caught in a lie.

I hope NE finds out about that and if they decide to do a story on the Duggars they will out about Josh not owning the lots or the house which is owned by Mary Duggar. A lot of viewers already know about the lots not being owned by Josh. I saw a thread on IMBD several months ago that had links to public records and I think TWOPers also mentioned it in the 19KAC thread.

This is amazing ... good work, everyone! Funny thing, I would have found the Duggars a lot more realistic had they told the truth up front, instead of trying to spin this buy used and save the difference for 21 people story.

The 4.5M thing is pretty interesting, but the tax stuff can all be dependent on all of the state and county rules. Sometimes, you don't have to pay tax on a vehichle if it meets certain classifications or if you meet certain qualifications. The $1 title transfer is pretty normal for familial title transfers in trusts and such. Being an accountant married to a tax attorney (althought not in Arkansas, so don't know the rules), we deal with this stuff daily and even "delinquent" property taxes are subjective especially if you are looking at a governmental website that may only be updated once a month...

The real scandal is the $4.5M loan.

They built the house in 2005. The property wasn't transferred to the trust until 2009. In 2005 an LLC Bell Cow held the deed. There was a default judgement against one of the LLC partners, then it was transferred to AandB, the shell est. by the duggars. ANB transferred the property to the duggars for $1. Money is changing hands to avoid taxes, legal? Yes, most likely. Have the Duggars been lying all these years? YES.

Remember that right wing anti-gun control bumper sticker slogan? "Guns don't kill people, people kill people"

I think Jim Bob might subscribe to that general theory:

"I don't carry any personal debt, the shell company/foundation I created carries personal debt"

"I don't carry any personal debt, the shell company/foundation I created carries personal debt"

Yup. Just like how the hospital accepted money from medicaid for Josie, so the money didn't come straight from taxpayer hands.

ETA: Hopefully JB's afterlife will be him facing Jesus:

Jesus: 'Did you sin, ever?'

JB: 'Oh, no, never'

JB: 'Oh, shit!'

Archived