IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 10

happy atheist

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wonder how Anna feels? No matter how hard she tries, she isn't truly one of them.

Anna is fading into the background. She seems to get a lot of joy from her children but it must be awful to be married to Josh. She seems like a very sweet and well meaning person despite her upbringing and all of those abortion posts. Heck, at least she made her own bridesmaid dresses (I'm talking to you, Jill) and listened quietly for parenting advice from Michelle (God help her). There will be a lot more Duggar sister in laws in a few years (Marjorie and at least one more marriage for another brother) so I hope she can have a bond with them. She is very sweet to Priscilla but their relationship can't possibly very deep. We know Priscilla isn't exactly playing with a full deck of cards.

Wonder how Anna feels? No matter how hard she tries, she isn't truly one of them.

And I am sure they let her know this in subtle little ways. I've watched my own family do this and It can be down right awful.

Cleaning out my closet, and bringing stuff to the thrift shop, I just wish I lived near the Duggars, there are somethings in there I could see Michelle wearing. It would be a hoot to see her wearing some of my old clothes in a th. :lol:

Joy looks fabulous, but I was underwhelmed by the rest of them. I'm glad Joy likes the side ponytail braid, but she often wears her hair in a side ponytail, so this was nothing original by the hair and makeup team.

Michelle's hair looks slightly better than usual. Blowing out her curls looks great, but it highlights her 80's hairstyle. I thought her makeup looks a little underdone. (Also some weird makeup shading on the sides of her nose.)

Jessa looks more or less like she usually does, maybe a bit less attractive than she usually does. Then again, maybe the photos were taken after her morning sickness had started.

Jinger looks better when she does her own makeup herself.

Jill looks a little washed out. I understand they were going for a natural, understated look, but I've seen Jill look better, again, when she does her own hair and makeup (even this late in her pregnancy).

I couldn't tell if Jana looks unhappy or uncomfortable, but hair and makeup wise, she looks pretty much like she always does.

I don't know that putting everyone in white outfits plus the understated makeup look was a good combination. Everyone (except Joy) looks a little blah to me.

It strikes me as odd that they're in the Most Beautiful issue when they make such a big deal about not focusing too much on the outward appearance -- maybe they spin it as a way to draw attention to modest beauty? Poor Joy looked so uncomfortable--she is not into it but I'm sure J'chelle insisted they all participate so she could crow about how she's spending time with her daughters.

I bet it broke her heart to not be included!

It strikes me as odd that they're in the Most Beautiful issue when they make such a big deal about not focusing too much on the outward appearance -- maybe they spin it as a way to draw attention to modest beauty? Poor Joy looked so uncomfortable--she is not into it but I'm sure J'chelle insisted they all participate so she could crow about how she's spending time with her daughters.

This is the most un-modest thing they could do being in this shoot.

Modesty my ass.

Jana is definitely the most beautiful daughter! She looked so gorgeous. I don't understand the whole Jessa is the most pretty of them all :?

Jana is definitely the most beautiful daughter! She looked so gorgeous. I don't understand the whole Jessa is the most pretty of them all :?

I think it's because Jana is beautiful in the inside...or else she got the shit beat out of her as a child.

Jessa isn't the prettiest one of them all in my opinion. Also when you're as nasty as her on the inside, looks count for squat!

I bet it broke her heart to not be included!

This is so wrong! My dad came from a blended family. We had a family reunion a few years ago and we were taking a sibling photo, the ones still alive. The youngest, is a half sibling, she didn't get into the picture. My uncle had a meltdown. Stopped the whole thing, tossed a fit and said "I don't care what your last name was growing up you are my sister now get your ass in the picture." Hell when it came time to do the individual family pictures we had ex spouses in there because they are still considered family. You marry in and you are stuck with us, we don't care if you divorce (unless you were an ass) we are keeping you.

This morning's pre-commute episode is Little Rock, Josie in NICU and JB takes the gang to a submarine.

This would be the episode where Johannah they try to force screaming into the sub. After a protest in the parking lot saying I don't want to do this. it is scary for me! While Hannie did join them later - why force a child to do what she is afraid of?

Jinger did some nice face pulls in her TH's.

:highfive: :romance-heartstiny:

This is so wrong! My dad came from a blended family. We had a family reunion a few years ago and we were taking a sibling photo, the ones still alive. The youngest, is a half sibling, she didn't get into the picture. My uncle had a meltdown. Stopped the whole thing, tossed a fit and said "I don't care what your last name was growing up you are my sister now get your ass in the picture." Hell when it came time to do the individual family pictures we had ex spouses in there because they are still considered family. You marry in and you are stuck with us, we don't care if you divorce (unless you were an ass) we are keeping you.

:highfive: :clapping: :romance-heartstiny: Your post gave me the warm fuzzies in the best possible way. It always does my heart good to read about families that do their best to make half-siblings and in-laws feel loved and cherished. Thanks for that. :romance-heartspink:

I was just looking at Washington and Benton County property records looking for the home church addy (sorry, I didn't find it, btw) when I happened upon another nice house JB owns and has been trying to sell.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5335- ... 5726_zpid/

He could move Jessa in there to make room for Josiah at Grandma Mary's house. JB suggested in the honeymoon ep that that house could be everyone's first year of marriage house. You're weird, Jim Bob.

I wonder if Josh is trying his hand at real estate investing, like dear old dad. I'm not convinced he has immediate plans to return to AR and live in the house he bought recently.

How much say would the Duggars have with People to include Anna?

They have all of the say. People exists to advance the "celebrity's" PR agenda. And to sell magazines, of course. ;)

They have all of the say. People exists to advance the "celebrity's" PR agenda. And to sell magazines, of course. ;)

Yes, but would they have flown in Anna from DC for a photoshoot? I guess I don't understand how we can know she was excluded. She doesn't even live in Arkansas.

I was just looking at Washington and Benton County property records looking for the home church addy (sorry, I didn't find it, btw) when I happened upon another nice house JB owns and has been trying to sell.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5335- ... 5726_zpid/

He could move Jessa in there to make room for Josiah at Grandma Mary's house. JB suggested in the honeymoon ep that that house could be everyone's first year of marriage house. You're weird, Jim Bob.

I wonder if Josh is trying his hand at real estate investing, like dear old dad. I'm not convinced he has immediate plans to return to AR and live in the house he bought recently.

How do you know that JB is trying to sell that House? Zillow says it is "off market"

That home is a dump- or they would have shown some of those luxury features. last sold 9/11 for $ 25,000.

That home is a dump- or they would have shown some of those luxury features. last sold 9/11 for $ 25,000.

You mean, you don't love the astroturfed terrace? :o

Why don't they like to get their hair cut? Is it a religious thing or what?

And Michelle saying the little ones would get tangled in the necklace or whatever. Ha...as if her little ones are ever near her!

How do you know that JB is trying to sell that House? Zillow says it is "off market"

Sorry for being unclear. Here's the tax record that verifies JB owns that property, from arcountydata.com/ (right click for a bigger pic or search arcountydata under washington county)

LXecX4nh.png

I interpreted the zillow sales history as follows:

1. JB purchased home in 2011 for 25k
  2. JB listed it for sale in 2013 for 425k
  3. JB reduced the price to 237k in 2014 then took it off the market

Sq4wvRIh.png

Archived