IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 10

happy atheist

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The latest blog by Lily and Ellie is titled "Duggars: 29 and counting." Can someone explain their counting to me? I can get to many different numbers, depending on your definition of Duggar, but not 28.

Mary + JB + Michelle + 19 kids + Anna + 3 grandkids = 26

Let's assume Ben and Derrick are being counted as Duggars. Now we get to 28.

The blog is about Anna's pregnancy so let's count foetuses. There are two of those. 30.

If we don't count foetuses but count Amy we get 29 but if we do, we really should count Deanna and possibly even Terry, so it's still wrong.

Of course, I know someone just miscounted when writing the blog. I just find it funny when numbers are so important to the Duggars and their fans that they would make a mistake like this.

Also amused by a fan comment that Jill is keeping the sex of her baby secret. I thought the whole world knew. It's not like Jill stops talking about it.

The latest blog by Lily and Ellie is titled "Duggars: 29 and counting." Can someone explain their counting to me? I can get to many different numbers, depending on your definition of Duggar, but not 28.

Mary + JB + Michelle + 19 kids + Anna + 3 grandkids = 26

Let's assume Ben and Derrick are being counted as Duggars. Now we get to 28.

The blog is about Anna's pregnancy so let's count foetuses. There are two of those. 30.

If we don't count foetuses but count Amy we get 29 but if we do, we really should count Deanna and possibly even Terry, so it's still wrong.

Of course, I know someone just miscounted when writing the blog. I just find it funny when numbers are so important to the Duggars and their fans that they would make a mistake like this.

Also amused by a fan comment that Jill is keeping the sex of her baby secret. I thought the whole world knew. It's not like Jill stops talking about it.

They don't count grandma: "After this baby arrives, there will be a whopping 29 people on Jim Bob and Michelle's family tree. (2 parents + 19 kids + 3 in-laws + 5 grandkids)"

That pic of Jessa in Part 9 when Jana wouldnt come out of the bathroom- Holy Bridezilla.

I really enjoy watching Bridezilla's lose their marbles. Between brides who order dresses and sign contracts attesting to the fact the dress will not arrive in the country for 14 weeks (yet they flip out if its not there next month), or ones that want cheap prices on ridiculously out of season flowers (tuberose in January will cost you your first born in my home province), or wanting rose colours that do not exist in reality, it just makes me smile.

Last night we scanned through the sling shot episode (while watching something else) and my Mother said "her uterus is a damn sling shot". I will never be able to look at a sling shot the same way again. :cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

Something I've been meaning to post for a few days. I re-watched the Duggar special where they take the trip in an extremely overloaded RV and noticed something very different from the first time I saw it actually air. The narrator kept repeating nonsense about how fresh fruits & vegetables were a staple in the Duggar home, but they will have to use canned foods on the trip for sustainability. I about pissed myself laughing. C'mon anyone who watched these jagoffs from back them know they lived off of canned and boxed crap. Hell we've watched them shop in the past. Bet those moments are scrubbed as well.

They are having major whitewashing pr. Funny in light of having Benessa going apeshit online and their own persona cracking.

Something I've been meaning to post for a few days. I re-watched the Duggar special where they take the trip in an extremely overloaded RV and noticed something very different from the first time I saw it actually air. The narrator kept repeating nonsense about how fresh fruits & vegetables were a staple in the Duggar home, but they will have to use canned foods on the trip for sustainability. I about pissed myself laughing. C'mon anyone who watched these jagoffs from back them know they lived off of canned and boxed crap. Hell we've watched them shop in the past. Bet those moments are scrubbed as well.

They are having major whitewashing pr. Funny in light of having Benessa going apeshit online and their own persona cracking.

IKR!! I saw this a couple months ago and it cracked me up. They kept trying to explain that it was because they wouldn't have enough room. I thought maybe they were trying to makes excuses because it was before America discovered that they lived off of canned goods. Funny stuff :D

Did anybody see this yet?

duggarfamily.com/family-scrapbook

Michelle's future plans are about herself and Jim Bob's are about his children (as it should be). Also notable, Jana has no plans (literally a blank space), sadly :(. Josh doesn't know what his plans will be. John-David wants to get married...

Also, Jessa lets us know that there will be a wedding/honeymoon episode.

Interesting to read.

Edit: Joy-Anna's favorite quote is “For God to Increase, we must decrease.". Kinda ironic :D

Proof they are scripted and rehearsed:

So I went back and just watched the episode of Erin's wedding. I was curious because someone on another thready mentioned an odd exchanged between jessa and her dad. I ended up watching the whole episode and noticed something I have never noticed before.

At the Bates house, a group of the older boys is at the table. JD walks up and tells Lawson, Joe and Trace to meet him on the porch. Then in the next scene, they show JD telling the group about the plan to trash Erin and Chad's car. But, IF you watch that scene with your eyes on Joseph only, you can see he is mouthing the words, word for word, that JD is saying. It is so clear they rehearsed that scene, and Joe was mouthing them because probably JD had trouble with them during rehearsal.

It was so odd that they did not edit it out. Anyway, once JD says the plan, Joe smiles almost in relief that JD managed to get his lines out.

I know they set up situations, and I know that they suggest what to say, but I guess I always assumed it was more like "OK JD, you are going to ask some of the boys to help you trash the car. Take them to the porch and explain the plan". But based on this scene, It was scripted word for word.

Maybe this is just done for some of the kids, like JD or others who are not as natural on camera, but never the less it is dishonest filming.

Did anybody see this yet?

http://www.duggarfamily.com/family-scrapbook

Michelle's future plans are about herself and Jim Bob's are about his children (as it should be). Also notable, Jana has no plans (literally a blank space), sadly :(. Josh doesn't know what his plans will be. John-David wants to get married...

Also, Jessa lets us know that there will be a wedding/honeymoon episode.

Interesting to read.

Edit: Joy-Anna's favorite quote is “For God to Increase, we must decrease.". Kinda ironic :D

It is so freaking sad the all the older girls only have plans to be moms and have eleventy kids and spread the Gospel, yada yada yada. And then there's the little girls, who want to be doctors and vets and artists.. I wonder how long it'll take for them to start towing the line and say they just want to have as many kids as possible. Probably by the time they're 13 or 14.

It is so cute...but also really sad, that the younger girls have plans for the future that they will never achieve because of the cult they were raised in.

I find it interesting that Jordyn's favorite episode is "Josie's First Birthday"

Wonder why that is?

Ummm, Michelle's occupation says she is still a licensed real estate agent? How exactly does that licensure work? Because I'm having trouble believing Michelle's done anything related to real estate in a good 20 years...

Doesn't Jim Bob have a real estate license too? Real Estate agents can make a good income depending on where you live

I think it is so sad that Jana's "Favorite Family Trip" is the book tour, which she notes as "the last trip before Jessa and Jill got married".... I wonder if she, out of all the girls, struggled the most with them getting married? :(

Ummm, Michelle's occupation says she is still a licensed real estate agent? How exactly does that licensure work? Because I'm having trouble believing Michelle's done anything related to real estate in a good 20 years...

And do Realtor licenses have to be renewed?

And do Realtor licenses have to be renewed?

I think that renewal of real estate licensure would depend upon the state. Real estate agents do have to participate in continuing education to maintain their certification, but I do not know if they ever have to re-test. (I do know that other professions do have periodic re-certification by exam and in-between you recertify by continuing ed credits.)

I thought her occupation was a professional bigot and a professional breeder.

I think that renewal of real estate licensure would depend upon the state. Real estate agents do have to participate in continuing education to maintain their certification, but I do not know if they ever have to re-test. (I do know that other professions do have periodic re-certification by exam and in-between you recertify by continuing ed credits.)

Well I couldn't find Michelle with an active real estate license in AR. But Boob & Grandma Mary are and they work under the name Good Neighbor Reality. I also found that you can get your license and even re license online in AR.

So she is just giving herself a title to look important. Funny isn't it that she prides herself on being an incubator for God and her whole family sneers at 'career women', yet she has the need to have a career title?

So this is a totally random, unrelated thought. This weekend, I was on an ebil (catholic) retreat through my Jesuit university. We touched on a lot of things, but at one point, someone brought up a story she heard somewhere. It is about how a fictional town crier was going on how he had the most beautiful heart in the whole world, because it is perfect and flawless. But, someone challenged him and said, no, I have the most beautiful heart. And when he showed him his heart, it was covered in scars and patches. His heart was all torn up because everywhere he went, he left a piece of his heart and gained a new piece. I thought of how sad the Duggar girls are taught that line of "giving away pieces of their hearts" because then they never learned how to truly love something, and leave it behind as well.

Proof they are scripted and rehearsed:

So I went back and just watched the episode of Erin's wedding. I was curious because someone on another thready mentioned an odd exchanged between jessa and her dad. I ended up watching the whole episode and noticed something I have never noticed before.

At the Bates house, a group of the older boys is at the table. JD walks up and tells Lawson, Joe and Trace to meet him on the porch. Then in the next scene, they show JD telling the group about the plan to trash Erin and Chad's car. But, IF you watch that scene with your eyes on Joseph only, you can see he is mouthing the words, word for word, that JD is saying. It is so clear they rehearsed that scene, and Joe was mouthing them because probably JD had trouble with them during rehearsal.

It was so odd that they did not edit it out. Anyway, once JD says the plan, Joe smiles almost in relief that JD managed to get his lines out.

I know they set up situations, and I know that they suggest what to say, but I guess I always assumed it was more like "OK JD, you are going to ask some of the boys to help you trash the car. Take them to the porch and explain the plan". But based on this scene, It was scripted word for word.

Maybe this is just done for some of the kids, like JD or others who are not as natural on camera, but never the less it is dishonest filming.

Definitely proof of it being scripted, but idk if he was actually helping him remember. He could have also been joking around and making fun of the whole situation to begin with. The smile at the end could very well be a like "haha this is so dumb" smile. I think having someone mouthing ALL of your lines to you would be much more distracting and awkward than improvising or paraphrasing your lines. Joseph could have very well been trying to distract JD on purpose.

Definitely proof of it being scripted, but idk if he was actually helping him remember. He could have also been joking around and making fun of the whole situation to begin with. The smile at the end could very well be a like "haha this is so dumb" smile. I think having someone mouthing ALL of your lines to you would be much more distracting and awkward than improvising or paraphrasing your lines. Joseph could have very well been trying to distract JD on purpose.

Will Smith used to do this on Fresh Prince of Bel Air during the first season. He was a brand new actor, and because he was so nervous starting out, he would anxiously mouth everyone else's lines. You can see it in some of the episodes. They tried to edit most of it out, but in some cases, it's unavoidable.

Archived