IGNORED

Robert: Women think electricity is magic

EmiGirl

Here is the thing Robert. There is a little bit of good in the worst of us,

Song cue alert!

I wonder what Robert thinks of counter-tenors.

[bBvideo 560,340:2dx44722]

[/bBvideo]

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, but that's where he pretended to move his family after he was stalked discussed on FJ -- he has since claimed that they did move house but not to Alaska after all, but just recently he made a comment about having built his own house and shop, so I'm doubtful that they moved at all. :liar:

Darn. I was thinking I could make some sort of connection with them. I had never bothered even looking at any of the threads about him until the sex one. Holy cow. I read it to my husband before it was pulled and we were both just like :o

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
There's always the other point that Boobert probably doesn't actually know where babies come from or how the entire electrical system works.

Electricity: Pretty sure Boobert knows just about squat about nuclear fission. But that's okay, because 85% of the power in his state (epa.gov) is from hydroelectric plants. So what do you know about those, Boobert? Ever visited one? I have, the Hoover Dam, and it was pretty cool. Did you know that sometimes they pump the water back up into the reservoir and use it over again?

Babies: I'm reasonably certain that he hasn't had enough Biology to know how his testicles produce sperm. He's probably aware of ovulation, but does he know much about the process? "The man puts it in the woman" aside, what does he actually know about how sperm fertilize an egg? Does he know when a zygote becomes a blastocyst? Does he know where the placenta comes from? Does he know anything about the possible errors in these processes?

It's a lot more complicated than "sex", Boobert, but trust a man to vastly overestimate his contribution to the process.

Dear Robert- Speaking of wars, I don't see you stepping up to volunteer. You're too old for the Army, Navy, and Marines... but good news, you can still join the Air Force! They just raised the maximum age to 39. That means you've even got a couple years to shed all those excess pounds.

Silly! Soldiers, Airmen, Sailors and Marines aren't manly enough for Robert!! Now if the DOD needs top secret bull wrasslers, he's your man.

To be fair, depending on your SOTDRT curriculum you might well think electricity is a mystery.

electricity.jpg

There's more on the bizarre comments in this "science" textbook

I honestly don't understand this sort of thing. There's very little we don't understand about electricity. Electromagnetism is the only fundamental force we can manipulate, and we're quite good at it. If you want confusion, ask why matter has inertia. That's one that falls under the Feynmann rule- if we can't explain it in five minutes without higher math, we don't understand it. But E&M?

maxwell.jpg

Ummm, he has a new post up :? It appears he is contacting readers who have stopped commenting to find out why. When they tell him that it's him (awkward), he explains to them that it's really all our fault and directs them here to read all the mean things we say about him. :cray-cray: :cray-cray:

There's more, but this is a good bit of it:

Only about 10% of my readers comment regularly so often I use them kind of like a guage. Sometimes when I haven’t heard from someone in a while or I hear a change in tone in their comments I will email them and check and make sure everything is okay. We actually pray for many of our readers pretty regularly and consider you friends so I like to check in if you disappear or seem hurt, angry, etc.

I had one gal who Amanda & I have been blessed to know say she in general saw a change in the way we’ve addressed commentors recently (or at least the blogs she frequents in general). I want you to know, that if it ever seems like I’m combative…it’s probably because I am. You don’t see many of the comments we get…they just are not tame enough to “print.†And sometimes that spills over unintentionally into the comments we do post. I’m sorry that I let that happen…as get a head of steam built up. We try letting some comments through that disagree, but they abuse the system. Constantly changing names, emails and IP addresses. Some of the polite disagreeing comments we post, will be followed up by much worse ones or worse ones written by the same person (same IP) but different name and email.

If I let them all through they’d take over the blog happily…so I’m left with the continual fight. I apologize and seek your forgiveness when you are reading here to learn or are mostly in agreement and just offering a different take on something. I for sure over react at times because it almost gets overwhelming at times.

I’ve had a few readers jump over to read their website so they could understand what we were up against…what they say there is what I get here. So when a “touchy†subject comes up- if it deals with men, feminism, sex…you can be assured you are seeing a fraction of the comments.

Holy shit that's strange. Can you imagine a blogger emailing you to find out why you weren't reading their drivel anymore :shock:

He also says:

I just want you to know that if you read here and you ever think a wrong attitude is being displayed or think I’m off on something scripturally- you are most welcome to comment or email me. I can’t always say I will agree, but I will thank you genuinely.

Just no. T did exactly that and his comments were labeled "crude" and promptly deleted. :roll:

Btw, has anyone noticed that he pulls this pretty frequently?

"Well, let me know if you're reading. If not, I'll just stop..."

"Don't make me shut down this blog..."

"Why aren't you reading here anymore"

"Not enough men comment here..."

"I'm going to shut down this blog and move to Alaska..."

"I'm riding off into the sunset...don't try to stop me! But email me if you want me to stay..."

And on and on and on. But this contacting readers...that's just so very strange

I can't figure out how to quote just a portion of Koala's post , but:

"Holy shit that's strange. Can you imagine a blogger emailing you to find out why you weren't reading their drivel anymore :shock:"

He must have been a nightmare to date. "So, uh, I noticed you haven't returned any of my calls since we went out. Did I do something? Because you know, I'm a nice guy, so I don't see why you wouldn't wanna give me a chance."

48 hours later: "Yeah, I'm just calling to let you know that you're a real bitch! Rant rant rant "I'm one of the good ones" rant rant rant "Your loss, bitch", rant rant rant I was doing you a favor, whore!"

ETA: Shit or get off the pot, Boobert. Quit talking about shutting your blog down and just do it. Or not. Either way, nobody cares. We have plenty other manly men to tear to shreds.

I can't figure out how to quote just a portion of Koala's post , but:

"Holy shit that's strange. Can you imagine a blogger emailing you to find out why you weren't reading their drivel anymore :shock:"

He must have been a nightmare to date. "So, uh, I noticed you haven't returned any of my calls since we went out. Did I do something? Because you know, I'm a nice guy, so I don't see why you wouldn't wanna give me a chance."

48 hours later: "Yeah, I'm just calling to let you know that you're a real bitch! Rant rant rant "I'm one of the good ones" rant rant rant "Your loss, bitch", rant rant rant I was doing you a favor, whore!"

ETA: Shit or get off the pot, Boobert. Quit talking about shutting your blog down and just do it. Or not. Either way, nobody cares. We have plenty other manly men to tear to shreds.

I could totally see him doing that.

His level of familiarity with some of these people has always struck me as a bit off. He hasn't been blogging very long, so it's not like these are people who have been reading for any length of time.

It's very weird. He's get's really familiar with them and then goes back and forth between praising them and scolding them. It's just a very odd dynamic. And contacting them just feels downright creepy to me. :evil-eye:

The one about women being to stupid to breathe? Yes, Cowardly Robert deleted it.

I'm just gonna leave this here.

[bBvideo 560,340:2vg43cbn]

[/bBvideo]

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I know someone asked for a "today the feminists found us" meme, I forget who. Sorry this took so long, but I think it's worth the wait.

The cartoon Boobert is done off my best guess from pictures of him since I was too lazy to go find the video. It's close enough, though.

ETA: Oh, it was Firiel! Well, happy to help. ;)

dm7da9.gif

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
There's always the other point that Boobert probably doesn't actually know where babies come from or how the entire electrical system works.

Electricity: Pretty sure Boobert knows just about squat about nuclear fission. But that's okay, because 85% of the power in his state (epa.gov) is from hydroelectric plants. So what do you know about those, Boobert? Ever visited one? I have, the Hoover Dam, and it was pretty cool. Did you know that sometimes they pump the water back up into the reservoir and use it over again?

Babies: I'm reasonably certain that he hasn't had enough Biology to know how his testicles produce sperm. He's probably aware of ovulation, but does he know much about the process? "The man puts it in the woman" aside, what does he actually know about how sperm fertilize an egg? Does he know when a zygote becomes a blastocyst? Does he know where the placenta comes from? Does he know anything about the possible errors in these processes?

It's a lot more complicated than "sex", Boobert, but trust a man to vastly overestimate his contribution to the process.

Dear Robert- Speaking of wars, I don't see you stepping up to volunteer. You're too old for the Army, Navy, and Marines... but good news, you can still join the Air Force! They just raised the maximum age to 39. That means you've even got a couple years to shed all those excess pounds.

The USAF doesn't want him. He's not intelligent enough for them.

I remember one fundie 'science' text said that electricity was magic and we can't see it or feel it.

So there is some precedent for people in his circles having this type of ignorance.

Any idea what that was? I looked at many, many books while I homeschooled and I never saw anything even remotely close to what you are saying.

The USAF doesn't want him. He's not intelligent enough for them.

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
I'm sure you're right, I'm giving him shit.

He pisses me off though, he probably could qualify* if he actually worked at it. I'm totally fucked, I have (among other disqualifiers, I'm an allergy-ridden mess) severe asthma and IBS. So despite my childhood dreams, it's not happening. I suppose there's always working for a contractor.

*Well, someone has to scrub the toilets.

He definitely could have qualified for another branch (when he was younger and oh-so-hot he claims), I've met some veterans who I did not exactly consider, er, guiding intellectual lights.

Thanks, lawfulevil and thoughtful! Great memes-- I had forgotten about the one you made before, thoughtful.

On another note, does anyone remember what time Robert posted his crazy rant that he deleted? He's kept up way more awful/controversial things in the past and stood by them. This seriously sounded like he was drunk off his ass when he wrote it, and that might explain why he deleted it instead of digging his heels in and defending it.

I don't know what time he posted it, but doesn't it seem likes he's in a posting frenzy lately? His crazy is really ramping up.

Sandi, this is something we discuss heavily, and don’t take lightly. One of my biggest annoyances on other blogs is those who don’t let anything that disagrees with them through. But many of these posts that we are not letting through are just plain crude and disgusting. Those who have either a history of respectful commenting or questioning, and those who disagree respectfully are usually let through. Unfortunately, people abuse the system by pretending to be friendly and then changing their tone after getting a few posts through. Thus we have to be very discerning, and sometimes we do make honest mistakes. Automatic moderation is pretty much all or none. Really, the comments that he is referring to here are not fit for anyone to read. They go beyond disagreeing.

As I’ve said MANY times in the past, we have no problem with disagreement with us. We just ask that it be done in a respectful fashion, with at least a reasoned question and better yet if you want us to change our stance, a Biblical argument. But name calling and such, just earns the spam button?

I guess Amanda is explaining their Comment Acceptance Guidelines. Maybe Robert needs to draw us a chart. He's really good at that.

Her claim that they have no problem with disagreement is just plain crap. We've all seen how they both get more and more angry as commenters continue asking for clarification or continue expressing their views. On the Warrior Wives blog, Robert told the author that her advice was straight from the pit of hell. Not exactly civil discussion.

Still waiting for an explanation as to why T's comments were considered crude and unbiblical.

I don't know what time he posted it, but doesn't it seem likes he's in a posting frenzy lately? His crazy is really ramping up.

Doesn't the man run a business?

I guess there aren't many orders for cabinets in the dead of winter?? Perhaps the kids have been on Christmas break so Amanda doesn't need to be schooling them, but they still need to eat, don't they? They still need interaction with their parents. There were a couple days recently when I was seriously thinking "Who is taking care of those kids while they babysit the blog??"

Thanks, chosenone for asking this even though it will be promptly deleted

When the 80% post was up,, why was T;s comments deleted, he presented a good argument with scripture, but i gve you credit for letting some through unlike (other) bloggers who only see a different opinion as a exception

I guess Amanda is explaining their Comment Acceptance Guidelines. Maybe Robert needs to draw us a chart. He's really good at that.

Her claim that they have no problem with disagreement is just plain crap. We've all seen how they both get more and more angry as commenters continue asking for clarification or continue expressing their views. On the Warrior Wives blog, Robert told the author that her advice was straight from the pit of hell. Not exactly civil discussion.

Still waiting for an explanation as to why T's comments were considered crude and unbiblical.

Half of CM's diatribes are crude and unbiblical, but I don't see anyone deleting those.

The one about women being to stupid to breathe? Yes, Cowardly Robert deleted it.

It's a pretty ironic rant considering Robert thinks his dinner magically appears on the table each night, and the dishes magically clean themselves. I doubt he understands the process of meal planning, shopping, prepping, cooking, and cleaning up after it.

Robert, since you are reading here, I dare you to answer T's question. Which, somebody correct me if I am wrong, is it obeying whatever the Bible verse that they were talking about, for a person to purposely try to prevent their spouse from having an orgasm when it is wanted. Make a blog post about it if you can. But I suspect you can't which is the real reason you deleted the comments. There was no crudity in those posts, just things you are scared of.

Sure Robert is going to blab on about how he thinks T is a woman, but even if he is, the question is still relevant.

Doesn't the man run a business?

I guess there aren't many orders for cabinets in the dead of winter?? Perhaps the kids have been on Christmas break so Amanda doesn't need to be schooling them, but they still need to eat, don't they? They still need interaction with their parents. There were a couple days recently when I was seriously thinking "Who is taking care of those kids while they babysit the blog??"

No kidding. I so want a kitchen remodel, my cabinets are falling apart. I dread not having a kitchen for an extended period of time. I don't know anyone who ever remodeld their kitchen and it went smoothly without problems. And my friends have all done the supervising of the remodel. I bet it chaps his ass to have a woman tell him he measured wrong, or she did not like something, or point out any mistakes he may of made.

Archived