IGNORED

Robert: Women think electricity is magic

EmiGirl

Remember when he posted about how sacrificial he was to turn on the generator so Amanda could have air conditioning on a hot day? That might have been the same post in which he said (paraphrasing) that sometimes you just have to tell your wife "Woman! That's not gonna fly around here; now get your shit together!!"

Anyway, maybe Amanda has asked for a little heat and he's furious that she actually expects him to, you know, provide warmth for his wife and children in the winter...in "Alaska."

On another note, I'd like to thank Robert for the walk down memory lane. I was reminded of standing by my grandpa as he skinned squirrels and rabbits for supper...sometimes even turtles. I learned at a very young age where meat came, especially fresh caught catfish filets. Now, that's good eatin'. I have never shot a cow in the head, though; so clearly I'm still an idiot.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On another note, I'd like to thank Robert for the walk down memory lane. I was reminded of standing by my grandpa as he skinned squirrels and rabbits for supper...sometimes even turtles. I learned at a very young age where meat came, especially fresh caught catfish filets. Now, that's good eatin'. I have never shot a cow in the head, though; so clearly I'm still an idiot.

Me too. When I was a kid, my dad took a steer to the butcher yearly and ate that meat during the following year.

My dad is a conservative Christian, but according to Robert, he's an evil, feminized man because he didn't treat my mom or my sisters and I like shit while we were growing up. It's funny, though, because I'm pretty sure my dad could "out man" Robert in all of his little games-- raising cattle, repairing cars, cutting firewood, the works. Probably the only thing he couldn't beat Robert in is brute strength. My dad's strong for his size but is only 5'11" and 150 lbs. But he's smart enough to lift anything Robert can by rigging up some system with whatever he has on hand.

Dad bragging. Sorry. I feel like I always go there in Robert threads, but I have to. My dad is great!

Robert is one of those people (like many MRAs) who is convinced that the lack of women in history books is because women have done absolutely nothing of interest over the course of recorded history. How could they? They're women. It doesn't matter how many intelligent, competent women Boobert encounters in life, he will always be convinced that all these women are statistical anomalies (or liars) and the vast majority of women are as stupid, vain, and shallow as he likes to believe. And Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia.

Normal, rational people reconsider their opinions after they interact with a new group of people. For example- my parents are racist homophobes, so I believed a lot of terrible things growing up. Over time, exposure to gay people and people of other ethnicities showed me that my parents are whackjobs. But Robert is immune to reason, so no amount of evidence to the contrary will ever change his beliefs. If he's anything like my mother (and he seems to be), as he gets older he will get more and more angry as the evidence piles up that his philosophies and reality differ. He KNOWS the truth, so everything that seems to disprove the truth must be some kind of lie, trick, or conspiracy. The shit coming out of his mouth isn't getting any saner from here on out, it's going to have to get more and more bizarre to make his prejudices match the evidence.

Essentially- when we (you and I) and Robert look at a metaphorical fluffy bunny rabbit, we see a fluffy bunny rabbit, and Robert sees a slavering monster hiding its evil behind an adorable illusion. Mmm, the irresistible taste of Projection-Os, the only cereal with your complete daily recommended value of Vitamin D-nial.

My dad and his brothers all worked in the steel mills around Pittsburgh, we lived in a fairly rural area and since the mills were subject to strikes, it was nothing to find the cupboard bare a few times, my dad and uncles would gather up the shotguns and head out to the hills,

On there return it was nothing to sit down to a meal of rabbit or squirrel or gasp,, a goundhog,

I was going to remark on this. Amanda has not struck me as a smart woman, not everyone can be smart. It does not mean I think she is stupid, or people who are not smart are bad or less than, and I am not saying I think I'm a genius. I am starting to wonder wonder if his ridiculous generalizations of women come from her. Or his view of people in general. He must surround himself with really ignorant simpletons. Robert the world is a BIG place, with an enormous variety of wonderful people who are so different and beautiful and spectacular, very much like a field of wildflowers. I hope you get a chance to see the world, and enjoy God's marvelous creation.

I don't think they do. I think he's one of those people who has to stomp on others to build up his own crappy self-esteem. I don't think Amanda is either a flaming idiot OR a genius. I think she's probably average, just like most people are average. I suspect Robert is somewhat subnormal in intelligence, so it probably galls him that she's smarter than he is, so by claiming all women are flaming idiots, he's putting her back in her place AND establishing that he's the smartest of all the smart people who ever smarted.

You mean there aren't tiny wizards living in my walls that make the lights turn on and hot, clean water magically appear? I'm crushed. :(

Of COURSE Amanda thinks electricity is magic! At least 20% of the time, after she and Robert have sweet fellowship, she pulls out the Hitachi MAGIC Wand, yes?

You mean there aren't tiny wizards living in my walls that make the lights turn on and hot, clean water magically appear? I'm crushed. :(

I've always visualized little house elves dressed in pillowcases myself. :lol:

I have decided not to visit his blog (don't want to give it the traffic).

Why is he talking about water and electricity?

Anyone know his educational background? I have a science degree, I bet I could run circles around him on most subjects. Maybe not internet trolling, he probably is a better troll than me. But I'd like to challenge him to a contest on the basic principles of Biology or Chemistry.

I'll take Physics for $100, Bob.

I think he likes to hang out with stupid people so he can feel intelligent. Big fish. Tiny pond.

Anyone know his educational background? I have a science degree, I bet I could run circles around him on most subjects. Maybe not internet trolling, he probably is a better troll than me. But I'd like to challenge him to a contest on the basic principles of Biology or Chemistry.

I have 2 ASN's (Rad Tech and Nursing) and even with the meager physics class I took, I could probably still run rings around his ass with regards to physics. And my physics class was a specialized for rad techs.

Sometimes I think he writes about himself and just says "women" or 'some people"

I've always visualized little house elves dressed in pillowcases myself. :lol:

My mom used to tell me little men lived in traffic light posts and changed the lights by pushing a button. I never actuall believed it but it was fun to think about.

I think one of the reasons Amanda gets so angry, is because she is trying to convince herself that she hasn't wasted herself on a controlling, abusive, douchebag. Right now she has sold herself the lie that Robert is good and holy and she is the problem. That way she never has to face the fears of not being able to make it on her own with the kids. That way she never has to admit that her life sucks and she has to start over for it to ever get better.

Robert may think women are stupid, but I'll let him in on something he doesn't seem to know. One day Amanda may finally have enough of his bullshit and see him for the lowlife coward that he is. Maybe it'll come when she finally realizes that he can't lock her out of her home, set the terms for divorce, or take her children from her. Maybe it'll come when she gets fucking sick and tired of his John Wayne complex. Hell, maybe it'll come when she looks over and sees an overweight, balding putz sitting on his ass posting to world about "disciplining" her or being the strongest man ever. But when that time comes? We have a legal system that will halt him in his tracks. There will be no more discipline. There will be no more forced everyotherday sex. There will be no locking her in a cabin in the middle of the woods. There will be no taking her children. The courts will step in and ( *IF* he is able to behave himself) he will be lucky to get joint custody. If he acts like the ass he is, he may get supervised visitation. They will give Amanda 50% of their marital assets and award her alimony and child support. And NO ONE....not one person involved, will give a shit what Robert thinks.

I understand he s trying to say people take for granted electricity, and meat and don't always think of the work involved in how it ends up on the table at dinner, most peple at one point or another have those thoughts and realizations. It's called gratitude. We get reminded of these things whenever there is a natural disaster, or pay attention to the world news and realize how good we have it. I doubt Robert contemplates the wonders of electricity every time he turns on his lights, and at every meal he eats. I also seriously doubt he really understands the work and effort Amanda puts into meal planning, cooking and cleaning up after. Robert, the food does not magically appear on your plate!

Here is the thing Robert. There is a little bit of good in the worst of us, and a little bit of bad in the best of us. Few people are all good, or all bad. Not all Hispanic men from the city are tough gang members, even the tattood ones.(referencing a story he told) most people are dynamic, with lots of sides to them and quirks. Some are truly hateful, and ignorant and choose to remain so. It's a choice, you don't have to be ignorant.Stop looking at people like stereotypes, and see them as people.

I remember one fundie 'science' text said that electricity was magic and we can't see it or feel it.

So there is some precedent for people in his circles having this type of ignorance.

I screen capped the entire post for those who didn't want to give him traffic.

http://imgur.com/a/aIYJ0

We've got bad grammar. Sexism. Generalizations. And some more of his objectifying Alaska and making it out to be some magical fairy land where men are still men. Only it's based on "reality tv" which is FAKE FAKE FAKE.

You know, I kind of get his point. It's a stupid point and he doesn't have any reason for writing it down though. Yes. We, as a culture, overall, but not each individual person, have a tendency to not know or care about how our modern conveniences came to be. Most of us don't know exactly where our food comes from. By that, I mean, I don't know what kind of conditions the cow/pig/chicken/duck where living in. I don't know what kind of pay the person who picked and packed my avocado received. I don't know what medical benefits the driver of the truck or barge has. I don't even know what companies supply my Safeway. I don't think many people do. Nor do many people, who aren't in the industry, really care that much. People, overall, look for the least expensive product that meets their needs.

However, whatever his point was about the disconnect or supply chains or whatever was completely lost in his sea of poorly thought out words, sexism, generalizations, and lack of focus. Is he upset that we, as a culture/people/society/whatever, don't know the specifics of where our food/electricity/water comes from? I know exactly where my water comes from, I know where it goes. I don't know much about electricity. I know the IBEW supplies electricians to come and take care of things for me, and I know who to pay. But why does he care? We have to work together in this world. That's why we specialize in things.

And somehow this all has to do with where babies come from?

Is it just a post on how he is so much better and more manly than every other man?

I commented (but of course it didn't get published) and asked him what alternate universe he lived in that these people would think that way. But then again...I'm a evil, heathen, employed woman who has worked in nuclear propulsion design so I have a clue about electricity generation, water processing, and am also well aware of where food comes from before it gets to the grocery store or my table.

Whatever crowd he runs with has to have a collective IQ in negative numbers. The only one I can think of that would think it's magic that the light comes on when you flip the switch would be my 2 year old grandson...he'll learn soon enough (when Nona takes him on the Hoover Dam tour later this spring).

I think one of the reasons Amanda gets so angry, is because she is trying to convince herself that she hasn't wasted herself on a controlling, abusive, douchebag. Right now she has sold herself the lie that Robert is good and holy and she is the problem. That way she never has to face the fears of not being able to make it on her own with the kids. That way she never has to admit that her life sucks and she has to start over for it to ever get better.

Robert may think women are stupid, but I'll let him in on something he doesn't seem to know. One day Amanda may finally have enough of his bullshit and see him for the lowlife coward that he is. Maybe it'll come when she finally realizes that he can't lock her out of her home, set the terms for divorce, or take her children from her. Maybe it'll come when she gets fucking sick and tired of his John Wayne complex. Hell, maybe it'll come when she looks over and sees an overweight, balding putz sitting on his ass posting to world about "disciplining" her or being the strongest man ever. But when that time comes? We have a legal system that will halt him in his tracks. There will be no more discipline. There will be no more forced everyotherday sex. There will be no locking her in a cabin in the middle of the woods. There will be no taking her children. The courts will step in and ( *IF* he is able to behave himself) he will be lucky to get joint custody. If he acts like the ass he is, he may get supervised visitation. They will give Amanda 50% of their marital assets and award her alimony and child support. And NO ONE....not one person involved, will give a shit what Robert thinks.

I hope you are right. I was glad that he read this thread with her, so at least she can squirrel that away in her head for when or if she does choose to leave. I don't think Robert has any excuse to treat her the way he does. i agree her anger seems misdirected.

At some point even with the abuse, she has a choice. It does not even have to come down to staying, and divorce. But nothing is going to change until she changes the scenario. She can insist on small changes, next time he locks her up she can call the police, you don't have to do it that second, it's possible to report it after. You can call the police if he won't let you leave the house. Broaden your social circle and be honest, get counciling(though he would refuse) see what is available for you, research your options. many lawyers will let you consult for free the first time. You can ask them about your rights, about what you can do if he won't give you access to money or transportation. Say you are going someplace else. why would Robert change when he has a slave who does whatever he tells her to? Either way it's going to suck, it's going to be hard. She can continue in this shit, or do something different. Nothing will change over night.

She is raising kids in this enviornment.

I skimmed it. And was reminded why I don't read his stuff. He follows the traditional "build a strawman then strike a match"

We see how roads are built, we see how sewers are installed. We see water treatment plants. People see how animals are killed and butchered, and with the internet, everyone is about 2 clicks away from seeing any number of slaughterhouse.butchering videos.

And I'd say a lot of people have seen a loved one die, just not so much at home as much as in the hospital. Faster travel may get more people to the bedside than might have made it a few years ago.

But his real point appears that he is tired of the attacks on Christian men. It seems that the person I see attacking Christian men the very most is in fact Robert and Lorken. That is where we hear that men are wimpy husbands who don't protect their wives. Where they are not masculine enough based on Roberts Rules.

Like most people, Robert has made Godly, if not God, in his own image. And apparently his ministry is to try to get more people to be just like him.

I think Lorken wants the same thing because misery loves company. I think Robert just has to be superior, thus his strawmen and didactic tone.

I believe I understand what he means and I actually agree with him.

However, what he said and what he means are entirely different things, and what he said is ridiculous.

Dude has no business blogging if he can't figure out how to pay enough attention to his words so that they express something at least remotely similar to what he intends to express.

(clarification #1: of course, anyone is free to blog whether what they write makes sense or not. "has no business blogging" is an expression and isn't meant literally)

(clarification #2: What I believe he means is that many people don't know how things work, and treat systems as if they are magic, "turn a knob and lights come on, turn a knob and water comes out" without knowing or understanding the behind-the-scenes works. Personally, if we are going to generalize, I believe this is mostly an urban/rural division. There are gender stereotypes about men being more into the "how stuff works" but as far as I'm concerned that's just a stereotype. None of it relates to religion as far as I can tell so why he's talking about it I haven't a clue.)

(clarification #3: Robert lives off-grid, or claims to -- as someone who also lives off-grid (partially, at the moment) I can understand the inclination to think that one is more consciously aware of that energy than someone who has grid electricity.)

and one final comment -- he seems to have deleted the post where he says this? Was it in the supermarket post? It's missing now -- is he becoming so paranoid that he's now hiding his posts every time they get any attention? :violin:

{L_MESSAGE_HIDDEN}:
There's always the other point that Boobert probably doesn't actually know where babies come from or how the entire electrical system works.

Electricity: Pretty sure Boobert knows just about squat about nuclear fission. But that's okay, because 85% of the power in his state (epa.gov) is from hydroelectric plants. So what do you know about those, Boobert? Ever visited one? I have, the Hoover Dam, and it was pretty cool. Did you know that sometimes they pump the water back up into the reservoir and use it over again?

Babies: I'm reasonably certain that he hasn't had enough Biology to know how his testicles produce sperm. He's probably aware of ovulation, but does he know much about the process? "The man puts it in the woman" aside, what does he actually know about how sperm fertilize an egg? Does he know when a zygote becomes a blastocyst? Does he know where the placenta comes from? Does he know anything about the possible errors in these processes?

It's a lot more complicated than "sex", Boobert, but trust a man to vastly overestimate his contribution to the process.

Dear Robert- Speaking of wars, I don't see you stepping up to volunteer. You're too old for the Army, Navy, and Marines... but good news, you can still join the Air Force! They just raised the maximum age to 39. That means you've even got a couple years to shed all those excess pounds.

He actually said this...

Trust me, generations ago kids knew where babies came from and knew what mom an dad to have them and their ten brothers and sisters - and they weren't embarrassed about it.

Good Heavens! What is he talking about? What is he trying to justify here and what in God's name has he exposed his children to?!?

Amanda has not raised a teenage daughter yet, so she might not have survival tips for that phase of life. Perhaps we should all start posting tips on how to deal with a distraught adolescent girl so she will be better equipped to handle her husband's moods.

He still hasn't explained why T's comments were offensive.

Remember when he posted about how sacrificial he was to turn on the generator so Amanda could have air conditioning on a hot day? That might have been the same post in which he said (paraphrasing) that sometimes you just have to tell your wife "Woman! That's not gonna fly around here; now get your shit together!!"

Anyway, maybe Amanda has asked for a little heat and he's furious that she actually expects him to, you know, provide warmth for his wife and children in the winter...in "Alaska."

Wait. WAIT. Do these people seriously live in Alaska!?

Wait. WAIT. Do these people seriously live in Alaska!?

No, but that's where he pretended to move his family after he was stalked discussed on FJ -- he has since claimed that they did move house but not to Alaska after all, but just recently he made a comment about having built his own house and shop, so I'm doubtful that they moved at all. :liar:

Archived