IGNORED

19 Kids & Marrying - Duggar Snark Season 9 - Part 4

happy atheist

finally watched the engagement episode. Gotta give it to Ben, he put a lot of thought into it and tried really hard to tie it to their (very short) relationship so far. That chapel is to die for. Go Jinger and the full frontal hug ^^

I'm about as good as Ben at wrapping presents...

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me too. That's what gift bags are for. Starting the day after Thanksgiving, some malls have volunteers who wrap your presents for a fee, and 100% of the profits go to charity.

I don't know. I think JB has a pretty shrewd business sense.

IMHO, of course. I think he was damn lucky to be born when he was -- low interest rates and easily-obtained real estate. I also think their church was subsidizing the family. It didn't all happen because JB is "shrewd". I think he's a world-class grifter, evidenced by the sheer amount of cash the Duggars must have cleared from personal appearances, book deals, Jill and Jessa's weddings and their go-for-broke registries.

Finally gottowatch the egagement. And my only comment is that Jessa was about to cry when she heard about the thorn cronw (?) chapel. And the proposal was, well, really emotional, they should have kissed, and i am super sure they wanted, and would have felt natural. But anyway, beautiful. And Michelle freaking out about the hand sex... I loved Jessa's face. She was like, hey mama, screw it, this was gping tk happen anyway :lol:

Finally watched the episode of Jessa and Ben's wedding and a few thoughts: It was a really cute episode. I agree with everyone it was the best one all season. It was real and emotional and really nice to watch. Ben for sure did not plan any of that. No money and not the brightest bulb in the set. But the sentiment was real and I believe he wanted to propose at the church. TLC just helped make the rest of it happen.

Also, they had totally held hands and hugged before. The way in which they didn't even flinch when Michelle was freaking out made that very clear. And hello I thought the couples decided the courtship standards. Sorry JB and Michelle I think only the 2 of you believe that. And the way that Jinger didn't even blink an eye when they hugged she has totally seen them do that before. I think she may even be one of their primary chaperones who knows to just turn away or bring earplugs.

Joy did say she would stay out late at night with Ben so the girls wouldn't see her as much. Who was her chaperone then? Was there even one??

But most of all I agree with some of the posters earlier on. As great as this is that they're breaking small rules here and there, the fact of the matter is their parents allowed 2 teenagers without education and without jobs to get married and start a life. I hope they use this newfound freedom to actually better themselves. Get education or trade skills, become financially independent and gain some exposure to the rest of the world. An end to the fanatic rants and comparisons to the Holocaust would be nice too.

To play the Devil's advocate, I that's why they insist on chaperones. The thinking goes like this: couple make their own godly rules, but then out of the hedonistic, lustful sin that may unrighteously appear (despite their prayers), they may be tempted to break the rules. Thus the chaperones.

And I don't think it's as straightforward as Jim Bob and Michelle dictating the rules, but rather the lessons Jessa has had beaten into her head by her parents, ATI, community, etc, make her believe that those are the rules she has to "voluntarily" set in order to have a godly marriage. She's been taught that if she deviates from those rules, the marriage will be a bad one and end in divorce.

I'm watching the Benessa engagement episode now. Why wasn't Jill there? Too busy gestating a blessing and being full of herself or was there a real reason? I mean, Josh and Anna even participated in a way.

ETA: I am not a fan of huge whole family proposals myself, but if that's what they've planned, why wasn't Jill there/involved?

I'm watching the Benessa engagement episode now. Why wasn't Jill there? Too busy gestating a blessing and being full of herself or was there a real reason? I mean, Josh and Anna even participated in a way.

ETA: I am not a fan of huge whole family proposals myself, but if that's what they've planned, why wasn't Jill there/involved?

Jessa mentioned in the episode that it was filmed during the middle of the week. Derick has a 9-5 job and Jill drives him to and fro...maybe she did not want to be filmed alone- or was too sick to join in.

I don't think Jill has felt well during her pregnancy. She looks a little green around the gills in pictures, and we know M suffered from morning sickness. Maybe Jill is having problems with that too. Some women will have that their whole pregnancy not just the first few weeks. It can be very miserable.

I don't know. I think JB has a pretty shrewd business sense. Though they did hit it big with TLC, I think they would have done well regardless. The combination of shrewd business sense + a little bit of tightwadishness does add up the money. I remember reading their first book and how Michelle said whenever they had a little bit extra she would want to get something nice but JB would say they should re-invest it by buying some other kind of machine at auction.

Whatever else I think about them, I do think they worked hard in those early years and made some savvy decisions for two very young marrieds.

I am not sure I believe this anymore. I would like to see information from a business perspective.

I don't know. I think JB has a pretty shrewd business sense. Though they did hit it big with TLC, I think they would have done well regardless. The combination of shrewd business sense + a little bit of tightwadishness does add up the money. I remember reading their first book and how Michelle said whenever they had a little bit extra she would want to get something nice but JB would say they should re-invest it by buying some other kind of machine at auction.

Whatever else I think about them, I do think they worked hard in those early years and made some savvy decisions for two very young marrieds.

I think one of their smartest decisions was waiting some 4 years to have kids, and taking that time to become more financially responsible and emotionally mature. Too bad their kids aren't encouraged to make that decision for themselves.

I think one of their smartest decisions was waiting some 4 years to have kids, and taking that time to become more financially responsible and emotionally mature. Too bad their kids aren't encouraged to make that decision for themselves.

Gee. They got to enjoy themselves for 4 whole years. Established income, a home, things don't allow their kids to do.

Does anyone have some screen shots or a gif of the Jessa hand holding thing with Me'chelle's face?

Im sure WTF Fundie Families will put it on soon-they've done screenshots of recent episodes lately.

I awoke this morning to the utter ridiculousness of Michelle and JB "recreating" Jessa and Ben's Instagram kiss photo.

:brain-bleach:

What a bunch of fame-whoring grossness.

I awoke this morning to the utter ridiculousness of Michelle and JB "recreating" Jessa and Ben's Instagram kiss photo.

:brain-bleach:

What a bunch of fame-whoring grossness.

Please, then Jessa tweets how wonderful it is for her parents to show their love.... Do they invite the kids into the bedroom while trying to conceive #22???? :disgust: :wtf: They are just gross....

I can't not believe I am about to post this.

The recreation picture of dim bulb and j'chelle is a direct response to the negative comments about Jessa and Ben.

I do not like the Duggars, I don't like the way they raise their kids, their politics, their religion, and the list goes on.

I can't stand the Duggars but can't turn away from the train wreck that they are, so I come to this message board where I can rubberneck with a bunch of others who feel the same way. But not everything they do is snark worthy. After months of us snarking about Jessa and Ben not kissing and all the rules they live by we turn around and snark about them posting a picture of them kissing on their instagram. I can probably pull up 10,000 other instagrams with similar pics. Some of them from mainstream young married couples. JB and chelle kissing always creeps me out, but this picture was to defend their child and I can't find fault with any parent standing up for their child.

There is plenty to find fault with the Duggars, Seewalds, and Dillards without having to tear them apart when they do something "normal"

Archived