IGNORED

19 Kids & Marrying - Duggar Snark Season 9 - Part 4

happy atheist

It would be nice if Anna and Josh kept their family size in the single digits. They are a cute family as is when you take away being employed by a hate group. It seems at this point the kids get individual attention and haven't become sibling parents. I think Josh would like a small family because he's probably knows all the work that goes into raising a large family. Not to mention as the oldest he remembers the times with less people and more than likely associates it with better things. My grandmother was te oldest and assisted with a lot of the child raising and only had one kid. However Anna being the youngest plus le gravy train will make more m'kids. I wouldn't be surprised if she was preggo. It's a given they have unprotected sex and her recent pictures (or lack there) point to a little weight gain.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tossing "hate group" (bigot, homophobe) out at Christians is just as inflammatory and intolerant.

I know (seriously, I do) that the comment was directed at a specific group (FRC), but it is often viciously directed at all Christians. Man-made labels of ANY kind SUCK!

I know I shouldn't say this but when I saw Jessa's engagement episode (which was the best episode of 19kac so far I think) I couldn't help but think that Ben and Joy would be perfect for each other. The way they interacted was like they were meant to be with each other.

I know that now it's too late anyway but still it was really obvious for me :?

I know I shouldn't say this but when I saw Jessa's engagement episode (which was the best episode of 19kac so far I think) I couldn't help but think that Ben and Joy would be perfect for each other. The way they interacted was like they were meant to be with each other.

I know that now it's too late anyway but still it was really obvious for me :?

They were cute together.

Tossing "hate group" (bigot, homophobe) out at Christians is just as inflammatory and intolerant.

I know (seriously, I do) that the comment was directed at a specific group (FRC), but it is often viciously directed at all Christians. Man-made labels of ANY kind SUCK!

No. No one should be tolerant of bigotry and homophobia. Josh IS employed by a hate group, and I see no problem with anyone calling them out as such.

If you SERIOUSLY knew that the comment was directed at a specific group, why act like it is being directed at all Christians? It is obviously not, and anyone who did that on this board would probably be called out pretty swiftly :?

Sorry I'm a day late with my usual live recap. Last night was rough but not so rough to keep me away from my weekly duties of providing a loose summary of the BS TLC throws at us for those who cant or wont see it!

We open with no sign of the main cult. This episode is entirely Josh and Anna. The teasers tell us that they're going on a road trip in their near broken RV. Josh will, of course, break his diet. Anna will get excited about seeing a calf born at a birthing center, and they will have car trouble. Of course, there will be a pregnancy test - because thats what evern J'anna episode must include.

The opening is the usual rambling of names by Michelle. Its about time the Josh episodes have their own.

We're in DV. People mill about the white house. Josh asks the kids if they are excited about going on a trip. Anna sits on the floor and packs clothes. Mike (adorable) packs a bag containing only blocks. Apparently he had already packed one bag and was now on his second.

Anna TH - They are going on a road trip to see her sister (Priscilla's) GENDER (DAMNIT - SAY SEX) reveal party. Of course, she has to mention Davidilla because no one can have a godly baby unless they're hitched.

Flashback to Davilla and Josh's exploits of the past.

Josh TH - They're brothers in law so this gives them a chance to "rib" eachother a little bit. Josh looks bloated and tired again.

Back to Anna sitting on the floor packing while holding a baby and watching the other 2 kids. She asks Mike what color he will wear and what he thinks the baby will be. He says that he will wear white. She says that he will wear blue because the guests are to wear the color they think the baby will be (YAY GENDER ROLES!). Mike thinks it will be a boy because Mac wants a girl. Josh thinks its a boy.

Josh and Anna TH - this is the first trip theyre taking where they arent going to arkansas or have the help of their family (BS - as discussed upthread, Jana was there for atleast some of the time.)

Flashback to "on the road with 14 kids" - Josh says he had a "blast" doing that and wants to "hit the road" with his kids.

Back to the house. Anna thinks it will be a girl.

They load the RV and the popup tells us that they packed 60 outfits and 100 socks for the trip. I'm unsure if that means 100 pairs of socks or just 50. Either way, thats a lot of socks.

Mike brings his 2 bags (blue) and Mac brings one bag (pink) while Josh has little dresses that look Mac size.

Mac and Mike TH - singing theyre ready to go to chicago. Very cute.

Just in case you didnt know where chicago is, there is a map now that shows the route. Josh says that its half a days drive if you drive straight through but this is "duggar time" so they planned a few stops.

Josh works on the RV, checking the oil, and explains that the RV is 1998 style and has been around a few years, "buy used and save the difference" (apparently "buy used and fuck your family's safety" is truly their motto). While he works outside Anna and Mac clean it inside with lysol wipes. There is an Arkansas Razorbacks logo on the door.

For some reason we are shown the bedroom, complete with egg crate, that Josh and Anna sleep on. It looks 1970 not 1998...

Josh explains they've had the RV for 2 years and has plenty of space inside for the kids. They've taken several trips including driving it from arkansas.

Anna TH - the original clan spent a lot of time on the road (100k miles per the popup) so now its Joshua's turn (why does she insist on calling him joshua?). He will now "lead our family and get everything done."

Josh loads carseats into the RV. He's sweating badly.

Anna TH - Josh is under a lot of pressure making sure everthing is "running good" and goes as planned. They've looked forward to this trip for so long and tomorrow they're going to chicago.

The next day...

Josh voiceover - todays the day and they're headed out. The bus wont start. :pink-shock: He says the batteries are all dead and there is no power. He calls the RV mechanics.

Back in the house, he comes in and tells Anna that they have a 2 hour delay. Anna has a pissed off surprised face but checks herself quickly and smiles sweetly at him.

Anna TH - I was upset because we just got new batteries for the RV. That meant a bigger problem.

Anna sits on the couch and reads with mac. Her ankles are exposed.

Outside Josh meets the mechanics. They decide that its the batteries but they want to bring the RV back to check it out at the shop. Mac dances in the driveway barefoot. They unload pillows and stuff into their SUV.

Josh and Anna TH - there will be a delay but they have to get on the trip because they have to get to chicago.

Anna explains to mac that they are still going but they may end up taking the SUV and the trailer and meet up with the RV later (who the fuck was going to drive it? Oh yeah, jana...) Mac cries hysetrically.

Anna TH - her heart broke when the kids were sad. She needs to cheer up the kids and fix the RV.

Part 2

Mike (barefoot in the driveway) tells the camera the RV isnt fixed.

Anna TH - she doesnt want to miss the GENDER reveal party. They planned a trip and they need the RV.

It pulls up and mike squeals. Apparently it was a bad cell in a battery. Mike jumps up and down. They buckle the kids in and pull off.

Josh TH - he's excited about getting there and making sure the RV gets there. Someone should look at his neck because he has a lot of marks on it that dont look so good. He should see a dermatologist about that...

Josh explains the RV is easy to drive - shots of him as a 16 year old. He grew up driving big cars.

They drive to Amish Country and "come across" a fruit stand. They buy peaches, cucumbers, bread, pickles, watermelon... Josh explains he's trying to eat healthier. Mike is excited about watermelon.

They met "maryann" and her husband. They learn the difference between mennonite and Amish.

Mac and Mike TH - Amish people dont have electricity and dont drive cars.

Maryann sells them whoopie pies.

They take a selfie and get back on the road.

Josh explains they've gone 100 miles and have 700 to go. They pull into a campground. The kids play in rocks, baseball, and ride bikes. Josh dumps the sewage. He explains that part of the trip is having to do that and its not pleasant and its "pretty evil."

They eat what looks like salmon with salad and garlic bread with ketchup. There are 2 cans of pickles on the table.

Part 3

The next morning the kids sleep in. Anna puts on eyeshadow with her finger. Josh puts the lines back in the undercarriage and they pull off. They head to gettysberg.

They pull in and stop on the side of the road. There just "happens" to be a man with a cannon there to greet him. His name is "general mike." He has them salute and march. Mike gets really into it. He then gives them canteens and hats and sends them to (ironic) "devils den."

Josh TH - Its interesting "going back" 100 years and thinking about what it was like then.

The kids walk around and find rocks to climb on. Josh takes another selfie near the arkansas infantry sign.

They head into town and go to a photography studio.

They dress them up to do a tin type how they did it in the 1850s. Mac's hair looks really pretty. Josh wears a union general's uniform and mike is a drummer boy. Anna and Mac come out and kisses josh. She thinks they look "cute." They are then posed with Josh sitting and everyone around him. They have to sit still for 13 seconds. Anna lets Josh hold Marcus so they will be still. The picture looks really cool.

Part 4

the scenic route is apparently slow... the RV can only go 20 MPH up a mountain. I'd kill them if I was stuck behind them. Marcus cries. Anna explains they played the alphabet game and sang songs. Finally they make it to the top and head to Bedford, PA and the "worlds largest coffee pot." It doesnt have coffee.

Popup tells us the duggars drink 8000 cups of coffee per year.

They take another selfie and get back on the road for 200 more miles. Just as they get out of PA the power steering gives out. Josh pulls into a parts store and finds out that a part blew and he lost fluids.

Flashback to various road breakdowns in Duggar history. Josh says they have a history of mechanical failures.

Josh fixes the part and they get back on the road.

Part 5

Its day 4 of the RV trip and they have 1 day and 150 miles to get to the gender reveal party. They still have a lot of stuff planned.

They pull up at a topiary garden and mac chases ducks. He says that daddy said if he caught one he could have it for his backyard. He cant get one. They take a selfie. Anna wants to get moving because they only have a day.

They get back on the road. Anna TH - they "bought used and saved the difference" and realized that chunks of the roof patch are flying off at highway speeds (thats totally safe). They pull over in downtown somewhere (not the side of a highway) and Josh explains they previously patched the roof and he has to do it again. They get back on the road.

At the Indiana state fair it looks like they bought some toys for the kids. They ride rides, Anna doesnt. They go on one where you lay down and it spins you. Flashback to Duggars getting motion sick. Mac doesnt get sick but Josh gets close. She wants to go again but he says no. Anna likes to "keep her feet on the ground" and doesnt like ferris wheels. They head to the food. Mike wants a corn dog. Anna wants fried green beans. Josh gets a burger in a donut. Marcus eats french fries. Anna explains they started healthy and now theyve come to this. Anna doesnt like it. Josh says if youre going to eat a hamburger why not put a donut on it?

They head back to the RV.

Part 6

Kids TH - "are we there yet?"

Day 5. If all goes as planned they'll be there this afternoon but first they're going to a farm. Mike is wearing a shirt that says "are we there yet?"

They head into the farm and they see a stoplight. They have a birthing center and every hour a calf is born (how do they do that?) Popup tells us that Anna and Michelle have spent 175 hours in labor. Anna watches excitedly as the cow labors.

Anna Th - the momma cows could give good advice. They were quite for being in labor.

The cow is born and anna coos "that is so precious."

Anna th - thankful she wasnt pregnant yet. the calf is so cute but babies are better - "hint hint" and kisses josh.

In the gift shop they buy stuff and take a selfie. They get back on the road.

They stop for lunch at delrays chicken basket. They get biscuits and are told to eat them with butter and honey. Josh says that calories dont count on vacation. Anna asks their secret. Low and Behold, she's invited into the kitchen since she's "curious enough." Popup tells us the duggars eat 1500 pounds of chicken a year. She meets "juan" the cook and is shown how to dip the chicken. He wont give her the recipe. Atleast she wears gloves.

Back at the table Anna comes out with the waitress carrying the food. Something is vocered in powdered sugar. Josh is upset she didnt get the recipe but its probably better she didnt. They eat the fried chicken and marcus eats more french fries. Mac is excited and would eat the chicken and french fries every day.

They get back on the road and Anna is getting excited to see Davilla. The trip has been amazing and they've had fun but they're glad to have the time together as a family.

Next time - DAVILLA! Anna takes a pregnancy test (shocker)! They take the RV into chicago and go to the glass ledge! They go camping!

Interestingly enough, the next show is "Virgin coaches" It leads IMMEDIATELY into the show and says "we're going to talk about penises" within 30 seconds of the duggars ending. There is a warning about explicit sexual conduct but not enough time for a duggar fan to turn it off. :wink-kitty:

She said employed by a hate group, not that all Christians are hateful or part of a hate group.

There's varying definitions for what a hate group is, but the Southern Poverty Law Center HAS designated FRC as one. The designation comes from the fact that they're supporting legislation not only prohibiting legalization of gay marriage, but for things like not allowing sexual orientation or gender identity to fall into protected groups from discrimination. The purpose of that is essentially to allow workplaces, businesses etc. to continue to discriminate against people who are gay, trans etc.

I don't think anyone really cares if individual Christians are opposed to gay marriage, or abortion, or all of the things FRC stands for really. It's when they lobby for legislation that limits or removes other peoples' rights that they go into hate group territory.

Anna TH - Josh is under a lot of pressure making sure everthing is "running good" and goes as planned. They've looked forward to this trip for so long and tomorrow they're going to chicago.

My inner grammar Nazi wants to cut loose every time I hear them misuse 'good' this way, which they manage to do throughout the whole episode. Anna, I'm looking at you. The word you're searching for is 'well'! WELL!!!

Josh dumps the sewage. He explains that part of the trip is having to do that and its not pleasant and its "pretty evil."

Stinky slinky!

My inner grammar Nazi wants to cut loose every time I hear them misuse 'good' this way, which they manage to do throughout the whole episode. Anna, I'm looking at you. The word you're searching for is 'well'! WELL!!!

Stinky slinky!

The whole thing was pretty staged. They had been on the road for a day and 2 of the 3 kids are in diapers. Considering he didnt stay at a campground for the rest of the trip and presumably couldnt dump the sewage, why dump it on day 1?

I think Anna's defiantly pregnant. My guess is that they find out when they get back that they have a little souvenir from their trip. Although they love to fake us out this one seems to be going a lot farther then usual with the fake out especially the scene of her showing Josh the test. I can't see them doing that for a negative test since she was doing it like a big reveal and it's pretty gross if she somehow got her hands on Jill's test so it had to be her own. Or else YUCK!

there are pictures of Jana at the Indiana State Fair (and that farm, I think) with Anna and Josh, and Anna and Josh and kids are wearing the same clothes in those pictures that they are in the show footage. Jana was there and they cut her out. Probably why all 3 car seats were lined up on one bench seat in the RV - I'm sure Jana was sitting on the other side, behind Josh.

I think Mac and Mikey were able to stand so still for the tintype because of all the blanket training. My 3 year old wouldn't have been able to hold perfectly still like that.

A pop-up said they spend $400 a year fixing the RV. Is that using the 'difference' that they saved by buying used? I'm thinking buying a new(or newer) one would have been cheaper and more efficient.

A pop-up said they spend $400 a year fixing the RV. Is that using the 'difference' that they saved by buying used? I'm thinking buying a new(or newer) one would have been cheaper and more efficient.

I don't know anything about RVs except that they are very expensive. I think they are probably still coming out ahead with their used RV and the annual repair costs though.

Totally unrelated but I HATE the way that Anna looks at Josh during TH. She acts exactly like Michelle and it drives me crazy. She gave Josh lots of weird looks during this episode, I wish I could screen shot them.

I don't think Anna is pregnant, except why else end this season with Josh and Anna episodes and not Jessa's engagement? I don't even care anymore, I've just been so excited to have episodes that don't involve Jill saying she's engaged "to a man named Derek Dillard" over and over again.

I think Josh did not like how he grew up. He has grumped about having to work on the house forever, he obviously didn't get enough to eat (not starved as a kid, just not enough especially in his teen years), and probably he and Anna are trying to keep what they see as the "good" of their upbringing but to be a bit more "moderate" in how the are as a family. He wears shorts [Not wearing shorts makes no sense when the girls show their calves and ankles] they obviously watch movies and probably tv shows, likely listen to whatever music they want and he has a JOB. Although it is in a conservative organization, not everyone is Gothard. Many are likely very mainstream everyday upper middle-class suburban mega church Christians. That alone is a HUGE change. We also don't know how much the Kellers made their children do. There's nothing wrong with normal chores or normal helping at home. But, no I don't think either Josh or Anna will make their older ones raise the little ones. Plus, not many women will get pregnant as often or as easily as Michelle and Kelly Bates. Anna comes from a "normal sized" "big" family.

Your statement about josh not being starved as a kid but not fed enough in his teen years reminded me of an observation I have made several times. Every time we see the kids eating at the Duggar house, they are all just chowing down, no complaints, not a one saying yuck I wanted this or that, especially the little ones. I have a toddler and an older child and I am lucky some days to fix something they both like. Plus with the toddler I struggle to get her to sit still long enough to eat! I have wondered if these kids are so hungry that they just eat whatever is put in front of them.

Your statement about josh not being starved as a kid but not fed enough in his teen years reminded me of an observation I have made several times. Every time we see the kids eating at the Duggar house, they are all just chowing down, no complaints, not a one saying yuck I wanted this or that, especially the little ones. I have a toddler and an older child and I am lucky some days to fix something they both like. Plus with the toddler I struggle to get her to sit still long enough to eat! I have wondered if these kids are so hungry that they just eat whatever is put in front of them.

I doubt the family goes hungry these days, though I'm sure they did in the past. I think the kids eat what they're given because nobody is going to make separate meals to cater to the whims of all of those children.

I only have 2 kids, but my husband and I have never made them different things according to their preferences. We all eat the same family meal.

I doubt the family goes hungry these days, though I'm sure they did in the past. I think the kids eat what they're given because nobody is going to make separate meals to cater to the whims of all of those children.

I only have 2 kids, but my husband and I have never made them different things according to their preferences. We all eat the same family meal.

We all eat the same stuff here (within reason - I'm happy to make small accommodations like leaving the sauce off for someone) but that doesn't mean the kids don't complain!

We all eat the same stuff here (within reason - I'm happy to make small accommodations like leaving the sauce off for someone) but that doesn't mean the kids don't complain!

We ate what was put before us, or we didn't eat. Early on my mother taught us how to make PB&J. She said if we didn't like what we had for dinner, we could get up and make ourselves a PB&J, but she was only making one meal.

Now, as a step-grandmother, I do the same thing. I make one meal. My youngest step-daughter cooks something different for everyone - her hubby and the two girls, because she says they are all picky eaters. They come to my house, and they eat what I cook. No complaints. Or I pull out jars of peanut butter and jelly. And when the girls spend the night with us, I never hear them complain about the food. The minute their mom shows up, it's "whine city."

Count me in with others who believe Jill and Derrick were talking a lot earlier than we were led to believe. Their courtship might have been made official in Nepal, but I think they had been talking for many months prior, not just 'recently' as was talked about in the show.

TLC was able to show Benessa and their 'official' courtship first, as they were both in the country and they couldn't avoid it with him around the house and traveling with them. Most of Jill's early relationship was thru Skype, but I think once they knew how serious it was, with the date of Derricks return getting closer, wanted to get it on film, so, it's a trip y'all, watch Jimbo travel to another country and make an ass of himself, while another daughter starts her official courtship!

So it appeared Jessa was first… no dates mentioned, so no real lies … Yet, Joy said it herself when she was talking about how she's come around to liking Ben. Her words, first Derrick came and took Jill and then Ben came for Jessa. I think she's acknowledging that Jill and Derrick were involved first, just not in an 'official' courtship.

TLCs most popular shows have been wedding shows ... one a 'season', step right up ladies and gentlemen, watch the virgins get married!

I can't remember what magazine it was (maybe Usmagazine), but they had an article posted online about the timeline leading up to Jill's wedding. In it, is said the first brief conversation they had together was in March of last year - well before Jessa and Ben were supposed to have started courting. My guess is that their relationship progressed slower than Jessa and Ben's at first because of the distance - they probably only had limited periods of time where they actually had enough time to skype one another (between Jill's training, Derick's missionary work, and needing to have a chaperone present), whereas Ben and Jessa would have had a bit more time to talk about things. It could have made the decision a lot easier and quicker for them than the Dills.

Like you said, once TLC and the Duggar parents learned how serious it was getting, that was when the Nepal trip was thought up. Its possible that they were already officially courting before they made the trip and TLC wanted to film something a little more romantic - I mean, seriously, was there anything more adorable that season then seeing them holding hands as the taxi pulled away? Or seeing Jill give him a front hug when he got off the plane?

(Most adorable moments this season: probably when Ben actually got to ask Jessa to marry him. From all the things written about that specific moment, it sounds like it was a very beautiful and genuine moment in their lives.)

I think Josh did not like how he grew up. He has grumped about having to work on the house forever, he obviously didn't get enough to eat (not starved as a kid, just not enough especially in his teen years), and probably he and Anna are trying to keep what they see as the "good" of their upbringing but to be a bit more "moderate" in how the are as a family. He wears shorts [Not wearing shorts makes no sense when the girls show their calves and ankles] they obviously watch movies and probably tv shows, likely listen to whatever music they want and he has a JOB. Although it is in a conservative organization, not everyone is Gothard. Many are likely very mainstream everyday upper middle-class suburban mega church Christians. That alone is a HUGE change. We also don't know how much the Kellers made their children do. There's nothing wrong with normal chores or normal helping at home. But, no I don't think either Josh or Anna will make their older ones raise the little ones. Plus, not many women will get pregnant as often or as easily as Michelle and Kelly Bates. Anna comes from a "normal sized" "big" family.

I think you're right. On the basic theology and beliefs - ie. homosexuality is a sin and you must repent to be saved - I think that he and Anna honestly believe in that stuff. On the other things, like how to dress or act, I think that they are much more relaxed than his parents were.

I also think that their fertility is helping them a lot with how they are raising their kids. They've been able to space them out enough where each infant gets proper attention without sacrificing time with the elder kids. It will probably get tougher once the kids reach school-age, especially if they do decide to homeschool them. . . however, I think that for now Anna has a good balancing act going on. As such, Anna and Josh have no need to rely on Mac to help out with her brothers, at least not to the extent that Michelle relied on her girls.

I think we'll see a more relaxed form of fundamentalist Christian parenting from them. The kids will still be taught the core beliefs of conservative Christianity, but I doubt they will put much emphasis on other aspects that aren't as important. Moving to D.C. and having a job in the real world has probably helped open Josh's eyes to a certain extent; maybe he is slowly starting to see that there can be other conservative Christians that don't believe exactly as he does that are still good people. Baby steps.

I don't know anything about RVs except that they are very expensive. I think they are probably still coming out ahead with their used RV and the annual repair costs though.

Totally unrelated but I HATE the way that Anna looks at Josh during TH. She acts exactly like Michelle and it drives me crazy. She gave Josh lots of weird looks during this episode, I wish I could screen shot them.

I don't think Anna is pregnant, except why else end this season with Josh and Anna episodes and not Jessa's engagement? I don't even care anymore, I've just been so excited to have episodes that don't involve Jill saying she's engaged "to a man named Derek Dillard" over and over again.

ALL Gothard women look at hubs that way (the men are supposed to do the same for wives) when he is speaking. They are to be encouraging and positive--never to show any negative reactions. Jim-Bob does the manly version--no beaming, just a stern gaze watching her with an occasional nod of the head. Kelly and Gil Bates have demonstrated this many times as well.

ALL Gothard women look at hubs that way (the men are supposed to do the same for wives) when he is speaking. They are to be encouraging and positive--never to show any negative reactions. Jim-Bob does the manly version--no beaming, just a stern gaze watching her with an occasional nod of the head. Kelly and Gil Bates have demonstrated this many times as well.

Then Anna blew it on the road trip. Because I definitely detected some disapproval (nay, disgust) at that *hurk* donut burger monstrosity. :ew: It must've been really bad to crack the adoring gaze training Anna's been schooled in all her life.

Then Anna blew it on the road trip. Because I definitely detected some disapproval (nay, disgust) at that *hurk* donut burger monstrosity. :ew: It must've been really bad to crack the adoring gaze training Anna's been schooled in all her life.

Anna's done it before, including faces and even saying "no" to her husband on camera.

Archived