IGNORED

19 Kids & Marrying - Duggar Snark Season 9 - Part 4

happy atheist

Anna's done it before, including faces and even saying "no" to her husband on camera.

and she also teased him and said she would've said no when he proposed if she knew that he was positive she would say yes.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know I shouldn't say this but when I saw Jessa's engagement episode (which was the best episode of 19kac so far I think) I couldn't help but think that Ben and Joy would be perfect for each other. The way they interacted was like they were meant to be with each other.

I know that now it's too late anyway but still it was really obvious for me :?

I agree. I saw some chemistry there.

Just watched the episode en I saw the same thing. But I also saw some tiny moments of 'the real Ben and Jessa', that was cute. To me the sweetest moment was when they held hands during prayer, and Ben was looking at their hands with such a sweet expression on his face. It was cute. And I'm not a Ben-fan, so for me to say something like that.. :shifty:

It would be nice if Anna and Josh kept their family size in the single digits. They are a cute family as is when you take away being employed by a hate group. It seems at this point the kids get individual attention and haven't become sibling parents. I think Josh would like a small family because he's probably knows all the work that goes into raising a large family. Not to mention as the oldest he remembers the times with less people and more than likely associates it with better things. My grandmother was te oldest and assisted with a lot of the child raising and only had one kid. However Anna being the youngest plus le gravy train will make more m'kids. I wouldn't be surprised if she was preggo. It's a given they have unprotected sex and her recent pictures (or lack there) point to a little weight gain.

Controlling family size will make all the difference. Man:Man defense is much different from zone.

You cannot parent 15 like you parent 5.

I did too :D

sorry :D

I think she was so mean to him at first because she had a crush on him from the beginning :D

Yeah, there was a spark between Joy and Ben and I think Jana's personality is better matched to Derick. I'm still holding out for Tim Tebow for her though. :embarrassed:

Yeah, there was a spark between Joy and Ben and I think Jana's personality is better matched to Derick. I'm still holding out for Tim Tebow for her though. :embarrassed:

I ship Joy to Ben as well, but imagine the backlash of the first Duggar to court being a teenager.

I ship Joy to Ben as well, but imagine the backlash of the first Duggar to court being a teenager.

i think when she was fixing his hair - he had this look on his face :D

but I do still believe that is why she was so mean to him when he first came around

but I am still a Ben/Jessa shipper :D

Considering Ben and Jessa are now married let's hope Ben and Joy aren't madly in love or anything. I mean they're real people not characters in a book and with the Duggars approach to marriage had Joy and Ben started courting instead of Jessa then Joy would have been married as early as Arkansas law permitted it.

I don't think dim bulb would ever allow Jana to be with Tim Tebow, Tim Tebow is too much of an alpha male and Dim would never be able to control him. Right now Dim controls ls Derick with the house and having Jill close by. We know Ben has nothing so Dim probably controls everything about Ben and Jessa's life. Tim Tenow would need absolutely nothing from Dim.

From what I observed this season, Ben and Jessa have chemistry but their attraction to each other is all based on looks. In the real world they would have dated, made out, moved on. Ben always looked slightly uncomfortable with Jessa, like he wanted to make sure he didn't say or do anything that would annoy her or cause her to make fun of him.

Ben and Joy looked like they had a comfortable friendship and were kinda close. They probably would have had a closer relationship then Ben will ever have with Jessa. Ben will probably spend his life walking on eggshells with Jessa and going to Joy for understanding conversation.

Considering Ben and Jessa are now married let's hope Ben and Joy aren't madly in love or anything. I mean they're real people not characters in a book and with the Duggars approach to marriage had Joy and Ben started courting instead of Jessa then Joy would have been married as early as Arkansas law permitted it.

And I am happy ben and Jessa are married - Stand by it 100% :D

but I did think that Joy had the crush on ben from the beginning - they are practically the same age :D

And I am happy ben and Jessa are married - Stand by it 100% :D

but I did think that Joy had the crush on ben from the beginning - they are practically the same age :D

Actually, there's the same age difference between Joy and Ben as there is between Jessa and Ben - 2.5 years. Now, if you're talking about mental age ... :lol:

I don't think that Ben and Joy had even so much as tiny crushes on each other. I didn't get that impression at all. But their personalities did seem to click in a way that seemed more casual and natural than Ben and Jessa, for sure. Ben and Jessa have sort of a weird, stunted, back and forth flirty way of talking to each other. It doesn't especially strike me as a way you talk with your SO, or honestly even just a friend. Months into their relationship they still interacted like two people on an awkward first date.

I really hope Ben and Jessa have a long, happy marriage, but I just have trouble seeing their personalities really coming together to form a mature lifelong bond. They definitely seemed attracted to each other sexually, and all of their wedding photos were beautiful, but they looked so staged. The whole relationship just feels staged, really. Jill's photos were nowhere near as glamorous, but there is no denying that her (and Derick's) joy was genuine, and I wasn't really feeling the love as much with Jessa and Ben. I think Jessa's priority was to get some great photos that would give her lots of public attention and then head back to the hotel to finally get laid.

I have a feeling that Jill is going to make a big deal out of getting past 26 weeks of pregnancy. Because that's when precious, miracle Josie was born, and she's so thankful that she's not having a micro preemie.

No. No one should be tolerant of bigotry and homophobia. Josh IS employed by a hate group, and I see no problem with anyone calling them out as such.

If you SERIOUSLY knew that the comment was directed at a specific group, why act like it is being directed at all Christians? It is obviously not, and anyone who did that on this board would probably be called out pretty swiftly :?

Never did act like it was tossed at all Christians (hello?) But it was and IS inflammatory, and yes, others SHOULD be tolerant of Christians' beliefs. They are not bigots, homophobes (what's to be afraid of???), etc. Narrow-minded humans, OTOH, (some who also happen to be Christian, some who are not) may be guilty as charged, but being intolerant of others, ANY others, because their beliefs don't line up with yours is WRONG. Others do not have to endorse or approve of opposing lifestyles, if that's your hang up. They DO have to love, tolerate, and respect, and it goes both ways. And again, in case it was misunderstood the first time :roll: , I did get that the original comment was directed at FRC (one that is all too often generalized to all Christians.)

EDIT: I get that I'm the minority on this board, and that's okay (if I wanted endorsement, I'd go to a narrow-minded board that would "like" my view, but I do try to be more open-minded and tolerant of others, including the need to agree to disagree.)

Never did act like it was tossed at all Christians (hello?) But it was and IS inflammatory, and yes, others SHOULD be tolerant of Christians' beliefs. They are not bigots, homophobes (what's to be afraid of???), etc. Narrow-minded humans, OTOH, (some who also happen to be Christian, some who are not) may be guilty as charged, but being intolerant of others, ANY others, because their beliefs don't line up with yours is WRONG. Others do not have to endorse or approve of opposing lifestyles, if that's your hang up. They DO have to love, tolerate, and respect, and it goes both ways. And again, in case it was misunderstood the first time :roll: , I did get that the original comment was directed at FRC (one that is all too often generalized to all Christians.)

EDIT: I get that I'm the minority on this board, and that's okay (if I wanted endorsement, I'd go to a narrow-minded board that would "like" my view, but I do try to be more open-minded and tolerant of others, including the need to agree to disagree.)

I'm kind of confused, because you've acknowledged that it was directed at FRC (not Christians as a whole) but still think it is inflammatory. FRC is literally designated as a hate group by SPLC, so I'm not sure how calling them a hate group is inflammatory; maybe you just disagree with the concept of a "hate group" completely. Would you say the same things about a group lobbying to ban interracial marriage again? Would they not be a hate group?

"Tolerance" is a pretty loaded word IMO. There is no reason we have to, or should, tolerate hateful and irrational things. Should people have been tolerant of people who tried to prevent interracial marriage, or women being able to vote, or of people opposing laws that protect the disabled or mentally ill, or of people who wanted to keep segregated schools? Because that's not just someone's "personal beliefs." If you just sat around at home hating gay people, or hating black people, or hating any sort of person, and you did it all privately to yourself, no one can stop you. But when you try to take away someone else's rights because you don't personally think they deserve them and then try to pretend you "love" them...well, you're just living in your own little world, because I guarantee you those people aren't feeling very loved as their rights are stripped away.

I mean, sure, FRC folks can say they "love the sinner, hate the sin," but what that boils down to on a policy level is same sex couples being denied legal rights, not being able to adopt in many states...women not having access to contraception and having kids they can't raise, can't afford or just don't want at all...women getting unsafe abortions...you can (I hope) see how that is not just a "belief" that they have, it's them directly thinking we should have laws in place that reflect their beliefs, and theirs only. And that is what FRC Action exists for.

Ben and Jessa have sort of a weird, stunted, back and forth flirty way of talking to each other. It doesn't especially strike me as a way you talk with your SO, or honestly even just a friend. Months into their relationship they still interacted like two people on an awkward first date.

Maybe because they didn't have a proper first date until they got married (chaperones, no private talks etc).

Maybe because they didn't have a proper first date until they got married (chaperones, no private talks etc).

in the second half of the season this year - after Jill's engagement announcement - I saw a total difference on how they interacted - yes more flirty in the second opposed to the first - which was more backward imo - but at least she was able to express more - and the Jessa's engagement episode highlighted they adored each other

...snip

I also think that their fertility is helping them a lot with how they are raising their kids. They've been able to space them out enough where each infant gets proper attention without sacrificing time with the elder kids. It will probably get tougher once the kids reach school-age, especially if they do decide to homeschool them. . . however, I think that for now Anna has a good balancing act going on. As such, Anna and Josh have no need to rely on Mac to help out with her brothers, at least not to the extent that Michelle relied on her girls.

I think we'll see a more relaxed form of fundamentalist Christian parenting from them. The kids will still be taught the core beliefs of conservative Christianity, but I doubt they will put much emphasis on other aspects that aren't as important. Moving to D.C. and having a job in the real world has probably helped open Josh's eyes to a certain extent; maybe he is slowly starting to see that there can be other conservative Christians that don't believe exactly as he does that are still good people. Baby steps.

Schools are a status symbol. I have to wonder if they'll send Mac to a nice FRC approved private school that properly indoctrinates children. Anna can continue homeschooling the littles before they are school aged, teaching them to read and the evils of television. Oh right...

As for Jana/Tebow. While I'd love to see cinderjana freed where she can see the world for real and live a comfortable life, there is no way Boob would sell off his houseslave with little chance of seeing her again. There is no way in hell Tebow would commit to half a year of "filming" Duggar bullshit and living on a bus. I see her sold off to someone associated with the Razorbacks so the brood can go to free games.

Schools are a status symbol. I have to wonder if they'll send Mac to a nice FRC approved private school that properly indoctrinates children. Anna can continue homeschooling the littles before they are school aged, teaching them to read and the evils of television. Oh right...

As for Jana/Tebow. While I'd love to see cinderjana freed where she can see the world for real and live a comfortable life, there is no way Boob would sell off his houseslave with little chance of seeing her again. There is no way in hell Tebow would commit to half a year of "filming" Duggar bullshit and living on a bus. I see her sold off to someone associated with the Razorbacks so the brood can go to free games.

You know, I think this is so sad. Daddy protects their vaginas until they are sold off...how the fuck can someone live like that?

I doubt anything is ever going to happen with Tim Tebow and one of the duggar girls, but I wouldn't be so sure that Tebow would rule out participating in the show. Now that he isn't playing for the NFL, he isn't getting huge contracts and tons of money. He is probably financially comfortable and wealthy right now, compared to most of us, but he is a young man and his NFL money might not last for ever.

He may very well feel that a high profile marriage, along with some special tv episodes would be a good thing, especially if he would view it as a ministry, like the Duggars do.

I doubt Tim Tebow and Jana or Jinger will ever be a thing, but it is fun to think about.

I doubt anything is ever going to happen with Tim Tebow and one of the duggar girls, but I wouldn't be so sure that Tebow would rule out participating in the show. Now that he isn't playing for the NFL, he isn't getting huge contracts and tons of money. He is probably financially comfortable and wealthy right now, compared to most of us, but he is a young man and his NFL money might not last for ever.

He may very well feel that a high profile marriage, along with some special tv episodes would be a good thing, especially if he would view it as a ministry, like the Duggars do.

I doubt Tim Tebow and Jana or Jinger will ever be a thing, but it is fun to think about.

It probably won't ever be a thing with Tebow and Jana although what was his mother doing at TTH with Amy?

It is nice to speculate that someone Jana could meet a man who could out-alpha JB. Tebow would fit that bill.

I've said this already but one of my friends married a guy who played college baseball and made it to the minors but got injured and ended up going into sportscasting. He makes a very nice living, they live in an upscale community, from all outside appearances he makes bank. Ofc they could be also be deep in debt to live that lifestyle but kids went to private schools, oldest kid went out of state to university to participate in one of those very old southern sororities, yearly vacays to nice places .. so if Tebow is doing similarly I can't see him lowering himself to be on a TLC freak show.

I think a lot of people realize TLC does freak shows, and this includes the Duggars as a freak show, the Duggars just don't realize that.

That's another reason I'd hope for Tebow/Jana - he'd pull her out of that circus, not her pull him in.

While I would love to see Jana and a man who appears to be as nice as Tim Tebow is together, I doubt it would happen. On this board, the term fundie is a pretty wide net, but in the fundie world, there is a world of difference between the Tebows and the Duggars. Granted, I would have said the same thing about Derik and Jill, but Tebow is college educated and the women in his family wear pants, and his mom travels alone and speaks publicly without a headship at her side. In the IFBx world that I grew up in, they would be considered "liberal" (even as Tebow was admired for his displays of faith). That said, Tim's mom is very nice and personable and Jana or any girl would be fortunate to have her as a MIL. AND, drumroll, she says that she doesn't talk about her son's dating life. This in contrast to JB who would like to discuss his daughters' wedding nights on national TV.

While I would love to see Jana and a man who appears to be as nice as Tim Tebow is together, I doubt it would happen. On this board, the term fundie is a pretty wide net, but in the fundie world, there is a world of difference between the Tebows and the Duggars. Granted, I would have said the same thing about Derik and Jill, but Tebow is college educated and the women in his family wear pants, and his mom travels alone and speaks publicly without a headship at her side. In the IFBx world that I grew up in, they would be considered "liberal" (even as Tebow was admired for his displays of faith). That said, Tim's mom is very nice and personable and Jana or any girl would be fortunate to have her as a MIL. AND, drumroll, she says that she doesn't talk about her son's dating life. This in contrast to JB who would like to discuss his daughters' wedding nights on national TV.

For any other fundie, I would totally agree with you but I think JB would drool so hard at riding the fame of Tebow - I mean, I bet there are way more Americans who know who Tebow is and what it means to Tebow than know of the Duggars.

Pretty much Tebow would have roll up to JB, state that he's taking Jana, and then run her down to the courthouse and what if Jana doesn't want to be married to him after all?

I see no real chance that Tebow is going to court Jana, idk maybe Pam Tebow will get involved here just please NOT AMY, omg not Amy Duggar Jordan Tebow. GAH.

Archived