IGNORED

Jessa Duggar is married

PrairieGirl

Starcasm's article on the wedding mentioned that instead of Ben and Jessa kissing, the pastor directed everyone's attention to Jim Bob and Michelle and had them kiss :roll:

"“The big surprise was that there was no kiss during the ceremony,†an insider exclusively told Starcasm.net, explaining the couple retreated to a private room in the middle of the ceremony to have their first smooch. Meanwhile, the minister did a “long, fire-and-brimstone sermon about kissing†and talked about purity. He also directed people to look at Jim Bob Duggar and Michelle Duggar for an example of a Duggar kiss, which they displayed with a brief peck."

I'm speechless.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jessa's is GORGEOUS. I want it. I would legit wear that as my wedding dress and I am a heathen harlot who shows her shoulders all the time.

Ditto! I'm big in the bust and if I marry, I don't want to wear a strapless dress. This dress is pretty and covered enough to allow the wearer to wear a bra but doesn't look frumpy.

I'm speechless.

I never thought that Benessa would show her parents up in the class department, but I think they just did. It's like Boobchelle were determined to make up for the lack of lack of class during the ceremony. They really have no clue how to behave in public.

I'm speechless.

+1

Wonder if they did the minigolf-dry-hump, too... JB and DQ are nothing but total attention whores who have to be the center of attention even on their daughter's wedding day. Shame on you.

Usually, I couldn't care less what the bride chooses to wear on her wedding day - I've never had the slightest interest in wedding dresses. But this time I have to say I really _love_ JessaBlessa's dress and especially the color. Very beautiful, very stylish, and still modest without screaming "EVERYBODYLOOKATHOWMODESTIAM!!!!". I liked BenBob's outfit, too, but would have preferred a tie to a bowtie. Now I would love to know what monstrosity DQ wore...

As much as I hate to use the word "sweet" when talking about fundies, I did find it sweet that Peggy Bennett was considered a honorary grandmother, and that Poor Jordyn (as Jessa's buddy) was given a special role that none of her sisters had - I hope she felt special at least for once in her life.

wouldn't it be great if Jessa actually ended up getting more real respect for doing her own thing in her own way than her parents and Jill with their fake modest sellout mentality? way to go, Jessa :lol:

and it would be awesome too if she asked the preacher to put JB & M on the spot to 'show a kiss' as a way to shame her parents for putting their private lives on the auction block.

'hey dad, not only do you NOT get to leer at us like a doofus as we kiss in front of your audience, we're going to make the audience look at you and have the media make tacky comments about you!' :handgestures-thumbupright:

If they left during the ceremony to have their first kiss in private, why did they not kiss at the traditional point before leaving the church? It wouldn't be their first one after all. If they didn't want to kiss in front of everyone (first, or non-first), they could have just waited until after the ceremony entirely.....that doesn't make sense. Unless it was all about the time to have the "purity" sermon and to give JB&M their time in the spotlight. :?

Maybe they didn't want to kiss in public at all? My fiancé and I have been together for several years, we're planning on a small wedding with close family and friends who have no doubt all seen us kiss before, and while I'm certain we will kiss at our wedding, and some of our guests will see, the wedding won't have any kind of altar kiss or leaving-the-church kiss. It just feels weird and voyeuristic to us to have all our guests watching such an intimate moment. Jessa's always struck me as quite a private person, so it wouldn't surprise me if she, too, was uncomfortable at the thought of her guests watching her kiss. She may even be embarrassed at all of the photos of her parents and siblings/siblings-in-law snogging.

Ditto! I'm big in the bust and if I marry, I don't want to wear a strapless dress. This dress is pretty and covered enough to allow the wearer to wear a bra but doesn't look frumpy.

I don't know how big in the bust you are, but I'm a 30G and was quite comfortable in the strapless dresses I tried on. They're corseted, so the dress is held up by your waist and hips and supports your breasts; it's really nothing like the more casual strapless dresses I've worn in the past. Of course, if you prefer the look of a dress with sleeves, that's another matter entirely, but I wouldn't rule out a strapless dress based on comfort concerns without trying some on first. I think a big part of the reason strapless dresses are so common is that it's really difficult to craft a sleeve out of wedding dress material that allows the bride to lift her arms over her head with ease and without getting the weird scrunched up fabric over the shoulder that you always see with fundie t-shirt dresses.

tl;dr: I have big breasts and found the strapless wedding dresses I tried on to be comfortable and supportive.

If they left during the ceremony to have their first kiss in private, why did they not kiss at the traditional point before leaving the church? It wouldn't be their first one after all. If they didn't want to kiss in front of everyone (first, or non-first), they could have just waited until after the ceremony entirely.....that doesn't make sense. Unless it was all about the time to have the "purity" sermon and to give JB&M their time in the spotlight. :?

I'm with you there. Jessa and Ben should have just completed the ceremony, left the church, and found somewhere private to share their first kiss.

It is universally known that, left to their own devices in front of a crowd for more than a minute at a time, Jim Bob and Michelle will find a way to make complete asses of themselves. Jim Bob will for certain, and he'll drag Michelle into it even if she tries to show some restraint.

Jessa totally should have known better than to leave her parents unattended at her own wedding. With Jim Bob around, I don't know why the hell anyone was worried about Josie being disruptive and running off the stage again.

This dress is definitely my favorite among all the Duggars and Bates and other fundie weddings (not counting Norma Roberts, they're more fundie lite). Now I really want to see the bridesmaid dresses!

Why is Michelle Seewald not listed with her sisters on the program? Is she younger and so more of a junior bridesmaid?

When they do air the episode (at which point Blessa will probably be like 4 months pregnant) I bet we're going to have a WHOLE bunch about Kirk Cameron. Kind of weird he's there.

The bow ties are too much.

I wonder if they didn't kiss at all, not because of some sense of modesty or they wanted to keep it for themselves, but because this is some sort of arrangement between Jessa and Ben. We all know they lack the 'spark' between the two of them that the Jillard's have. Maybe because this is Jessa's way out of the ridiculousness. I could totally see her saying to Ben 'You want fame and money? I can give that to you, but I want out. Court me, marry me and we'll live together, but there will be no kiss or hanky panky. We will have unexplained fertility, then, in a couple of years, the fertility will drive us apart and you'll be richer and more well known and I'll be out.' Jessa seems calculated and just savvy enough to pull that off.

Hey. A girl can dream.

For real though, I really like Jessa's choices for the wedding that I've seen so far. She sends to have really exerted her power and made it her own despite making some non-traditional choices. And in that picture she and Ben seemed more relaxed than I've ever seen.

Maybe they didn't want to kiss in public at all? My fiancé and I have been together for several years, we're planning on a small wedding with close family and friends who have no doubt all seen us kiss before, and while I'm certain we will kiss at our wedding, and some of our guests will see, the wedding won't have any kind of altar kiss or leaving-the-church kiss. It just feels weird and voyeuristic to us to have all our guests watching such an intimate moment. Jessa's always struck me as quite a private person, so it wouldn't surprise me if she, too, was uncomfortable at the thought of her guests watching her kiss. She may even be embarrassed at all of the photos of her parents and siblings/siblings-in-law snogging.

....then they could have just waited until after the ceremony entirely. But they had to leave during so they could kiss what, 15 minutes sooner? :cray-cray:

I can understand not wanting it to be in front of everyone - but how/when it happened is just odd. And one article said they were sneaking little kisses during the reception, so it's not as if they were shy about it later. (Although it wouldn't be everyone's attention directed at them at the same time at that point.)

I wonder if they didn't kiss at all, not because of some sense of modesty or they wanted to keep it for themselves, but because this is some sort of arrangement between Jessa and Ben. We all know they lack the 'spark' between the two of them that the Jillard's have. Maybe because this is Jessa's way out of the ridiculousness. I could totally see her saying to Ben 'You want fame and money? I can give that to you, but I want out. Court me, marry me and we'll live together, but there will be no kiss or hanky panky. We will have unexplained fertility, then, in a couple of years, the fertility will drive us apart and you'll be richer and more well known and I'll be out.' Jessa seems calculated and just savvy enough to pull that off.

Hey. A girl can dream.

For real though, I really like Jessa's choices for the wedding that I've seen so far. She sends to have really exerted her power and made it her own despite making some non-traditional choices. And in that picture she and Ben seemed more relaxed than I've ever seen.

Pipedream, but that would be pretty damn cool. Only thing that would make it better is if Jinger is in on it and part of the deal is they'll have Jinger go 'visit' a lot because she's missing her best friend and then they'll make a run for it together after the 'infertility' drives them apart. By then, Jana will hopefully be out of TTH, Amy will have rescued Joy for her 18th birthday gift and Jinger and Jessa can run away.

Nah, those two want each other. I....wouldn't be surprised if they didn't consummate it right then and there.

I agree the dress is perfect: modest with no need for lumpy alterations and a gorgeous color to boot. But the groom! Holy Cow is he goofy looking. Dark blue suit, brown shirt, brown shoes, topped off with a big red bow tie. Good Lord he looks like a clown. And he does not match her in any way. A formal, full length dress should be matched by a formal suit (a.k.a. a tuxedo.) Did Jessa pick that mess? Did he? Whoever did has no taste whatsoever or wanted Ben to look like a total goofball. Could Jessa have done this to her groom in a malicious sort of way?

....then they could have just waited until after the ceremony entirely. But they had to leave during so they could kiss what, 15 minutes sooner? :cray-cray:

I can understand not wanting it to be in front of everyone - but how/when it happened is just odd. And one article said they were sneaking little kisses during the reception, so it's not as if they were shy about it later. (Although it wouldn't be everyone's attention directed at them at the same time at that point.)

Ah, I see what you're saying. I misread your first post as saying they should have done the leaving-the-church kiss after their first kiss since they didn't do the first kiss in public. Yeah, it seems odd that if they didn't want to kiss publicly at all they did it mid-ceremony. They could have gone off to an empty room while all the guests were filing out of the ceremony. With a wedding that big, they could have gotten in substantially more than a kiss before all the guests were out of the sanctuary.

I don't know how big in the bust you are, but I'm a 30G and was quite comfortable in the strapless dresses I tried on. They're corseted, so the dress is held up by your waist and hips and supports your breasts; it's really nothing like the more casual strapless dresses I've worn in the past. Of course, if you prefer the look of a dress with sleeves, that's another matter entirely, but I wouldn't rule out a strapless dress based on comfort concerns without trying some on first. I think a big part of the reason strapless dresses are so common is that it's really difficult to craft a sleeve out of wedding dress material that allows the bride to lift her arms over her head with ease and without getting the weird scrunched up fabric over the shoulder that you always see with fundie t-shirt dresses.

tl;dr: I have big breasts and found the strapless wedding dresses I tried on to be comfortable and supportive.

Oh that's really good to know, thanks! I'm a 32F or a 34E (depending on the bra) and all the strapless dresses I've worn before, including a bridesmaid dress, have made me gone NOPE, when I get married, I need something to hold the girls in, so I just figured I'll keep my eyes out for a wedding dress with straps that doesn't look too Fundie and Jessa's was great inspiration.

One other bonus of a dress like Jessa's: No risk of looking naked in cropped pics LOL.

I'd like to think that part of the reason Jessa wanted their first kiss to be private is that she wanted to deprive Jim Bob of yet another grandstanding opportunity. I think Jessa finds her family's on-air, scripted tactics, as well as a lot of the typical fundie trappings, as stupid as the rest of us. The way they went about the private first kiss sounds weird, but we can't expect the tacky to ever fully leave anyone in that family. Good for her, though. Seriously.

I'd love her dress if it weren't for the waist, but that's just my preference. I dislike formal gowns with straight waists that sit on the natural waist. The color is beautiful, no awful alterations...I'm calling this my favorite fundie wedding gown for now. Too bad Jessa's tastes didn't extend to Ben's attire. WTF was he wearing?

Jim Boob and Mee!chelle seem to keep uping the ante of spotlight stealing stunts at the children's weddings. Here's hopping that by the time Hannie gets hitched, Ma and Pa Duggar pull out the mason jar of strychnine and rattlesnake boxes after the couple are sent off for their "private" moment. :lol:

Nah, those two want each other. I....wouldn't be surprised if they didn't consummate it right then and there.

That's what I was thinking too. And with it being Ben's first time, they could probably do it within a timeframe that wasn't suspicious.

While I disagree with almost everything that has come out of her mouth in the past month or two, I'm going to keep my eyes on this one. She's more cunning than we realize (or some of you have realized it already I think, but this sealed the deal for me).

Did I see former Missouri Representative & eternal Missouri Idiot Todd Akin in one of the photos with Kirk Cameron, on Pickles' FB page?

Ew.

I didn't realize that Ben's dad was 39. I agree w/ what everyone else is saying about Jessa & Ben.

Good God! I'm 39 and my children are 4 years old and 12 weeks old.

I'm just going to pretend I didn't read about someone my age having a child of marriageable age. That would make me old. :whistle:

Sooo... I was married in the LDS temple where there are no wedding programs, so I don't know all the lingo and etiquette. Why does it say "Honorary" after Peggy Bennett (on the grandmothers section)?
Could that be the lady that is referred to as the "angel" who came to help Michelle with mounds of laundry with she was overwhelmed with 5 blessings in the car-lot house? Was she there at Jill and Josh'w weddings, too? And, I noticed, no Bateses in the wedding party???

White never originally meant virginity. It was just a fad for wedding dresses started by Queen Victoria, who chose it for her wedding. Before that, women wore whatever color they wanted to, with cloth of gold and silver common for royalty.

I don't understand these arguments. Most symbols don't mean what they meant originally, including the christian cross. Meaning changes over time, and if something has been standard in the Western World for well over 100 years, it can't be called a fad.

Archived