IGNORED

Jessa Duggar is married

PrairieGirl

Good God! I'm 39 and my children are 4 years old and 12 weeks old.

I'm just going to pretend I didn't read about someone my age having a child of marriageable age. That would make me old. :whistle:

:lol: I' 39 and my daughter is 17... Kind of freaks me out that in their world, my kid could get engaged in just a few months! Ack!

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: I' 39 and my daughter is 17... Kind of freaks me out that in their world, my kid could get engaged in just a few months! Ack!

Agree with both of you (39 with kids aged 10, 6 and 2 1/2) what I also can't believe is how many teenage kids they have for being only 39. I actually think Ben's dad looks older than my hubby (he's in his mid 40s). Also makes me wonder if they are quiverfull, why no babies in the last several years (for the record I am not encouraging more quiverfull kids!)

I'm just going to pretend I didn't read about someone my age having a child of marriageable age. That would make me old. :whistle:

I'm 40 (almost 41), and my oldest is 11. That said, my mom had a 24 yo and a 19 yo when she was my age, so ...

Could that be the lady that is referred to as the "angel" who came to help Michelle with mounds of laundry with she was overwhelmed with 5 blessings in the car-lot house? Was she there at Jill and Josh'w weddings, too? And, I noticed, no Bateses in the wedding party???

I'm pretty sure Peggy Bennett is the lady who came & helped with laundry. She might have also been their music teacher early on?

Jim Boob and Mee!chelle seem to keep uping the ante of spotlight stealing stunts at the children's weddings. Here's hopping that by the time Hannie gets hitched, Ma and Pa Duggar pull out the mason jar of strychnine and rattlesnake boxes after the couple are sent off for their "private" moment. :lol:

Hopefully by the time Hannie gets hitched, the Duggars will be totally forgotten and the only place the wedding will be talked about is in the local weekly's "announcements" section!

I'm 40 (almost 41), and my oldest is 11. That said, my mom had a 24 yo and a 19 yo when she was my age, so ...

My grandma became a grandma for the first time, when I was born. She was 44. I am now 49, with three kids of my own (21, 19, 16). I absolutely CAN NOT imagine having a 5-year old GRANDCHILD! No Way! :pink-shock:

Really he was at the wedding?

Yep. Here he is hanging out with Lawson Bates at the Duggar's home.

post-8463-14451999607761_thumb.jpg

Maybe they didn't want to kiss in public at all? My fiancé and I have been together for several years, we're planning on a small wedding with close family and friends who have no doubt all seen us kiss before, and while I'm certain we will kiss at our wedding, and some of our guests will see, the wedding won't have any kind of altar kiss or leaving-the-church kiss. It just feels weird and voyeuristic to us to have all our guests watching such an intimate moment. Jessa's always struck me as quite a private person, so it wouldn't surprise me if she, too, was uncomfortable at the thought of her guests watching her kiss. She may even be embarrassed at all of the photos of her parents and siblings/siblings-in-law snogging.

I don't know how big in the bust you are, but I'm a 30G and was quite comfortable in the strapless dresses I tried on. They're corseted, so the dress is held up by your waist and hips and supports your breasts; it's really nothing like the more casual strapless dresses I've worn in the past. Of course, if you prefer the look of a dress with sleeves, that's another matter entirely, but I wouldn't rule out a strapless dress based on comfort concerns without trying some on first. I think a big part of the reason strapless dresses are so common is that it's really difficult to craft a sleeve out of wedding dress material that allows the bride to lift her arms over her head with ease and without getting the weird scrunched up fabric over the shoulder that you always see with fundie t-shirt dresses.

tl;dr: I have big breasts and found the strapless wedding dresses I tried on to be comfortable and supportive.

Not to mention very flattering.

A kiss is not part of the Marriage service in the Book of Common Prayer that the Episcopal church uses. Some priests will add it at the couple's request and some will not. For those of you who watched the wedding of Will and Kate a few years ago, they also didn't kiss during their (Anglican) ceremony.

It is not part of the Catholic wedding mass, either. Many priests direct the couple to kiss instead of shake hands at the sign of peace, which is what we did (our photographer did not know and missed it!). You often see (mostly older) married couples share a peck instead of shaking hands at Sunday mass because of that.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I haven't had a chance to catch up on all the posts.

So according to the wedding program, they played a song (yep, that's right... not a hymn or harp music or Erin Bates, although all that was in there too, but an honest to goodness song) called Dancing in the Minefields. I YouTubed it and I have to say that it is a pretty sweet song. BUT...

A) it's a song with a backbeat, which Michelle has said is a no-no

and

B) the end shows several older couples DANCING!

Which brings me to my gripe. I can see where fundies wouldn't want the kind of dancing that I've seen at weddings happening at their weddings. But how would a father/daughter dance or a first couples dance be immoral? Anyone watching something sweet and innocent like within whom that would "stir up feelings that can't be righteously fulfilled" bull crap would really need some serious help.

How did Jessa even talk them into letting her play that song during the ceremony?!?! Did JB and Michelle watch this video with the dancing?!?!?

Kirk Cameron is a good-looking guy. Too bad he's such a dipshit asshat without two brain cells to rub together.

:roll:

Maybe Jessa really did want to elope and JB & M had to compromise? I love that Jessa and Ben had their first kiss privately, depriving JB of the opportunity to give Ben permission to kiss her. Meanwhile, I figure that most of the guests saw the mini-golf episode and were probably hoping there wouldn't be another dry humping scene at the wedding.

Lovely dress. Didn't like Ben's outfit at all though, especially the bow tie.

Fair point, but there was at least one poster (on one of the multiple threads not sure it was this one) commenting that a white dress and kissing at the altar was pretty much Biblical.

I think the point is that most of the pomp and ceremony around weddings is fairly new, is cultural, and evolves (even in uber conservative communities who don't like that word in any context).

Yep. Here he is hanging out with Lawson Bates at the Duggar's home.

So... what was k.c.'s thinking? saw the ratings for Jill's wedding and decided to come to Jessa's? :evil-eye:

either the Duggars are becoming more famous or k.c. is really desperate for more publicity.

also noticed Natalie Grant did a facebook post about how celebrating the fun of Halloween is okay as long as you don't celebrate evil. :lol:

post-10046-14451999607997_thumb.jpg

i so want to post an ad for the grumpy cat christmas movie on every fb post about the dumb christmas movie we all have discussed.

[bBvideo 560,340:ewypiwl1]

[/bBvideo]

I wonder if Jessa said she didn't want their first kiss to be public and Jim Bob and Michelle came up with the whole plan that they will go to a private room while Jim Bob and Michelle share a public kiss and there is a purity lecture? I could see Jim Bob coming up with that as an alternative and J&M insisting that the guests need to see somebody kiss!

I wonder if Jessa said she didn't want their first kiss to be public and Jim Bob and Michelle came up with the whole plan that they will go to a private room while Jim Bob and Michelle share a public kiss and there is a purity lecture? I could see Jim Bob coming up with that as an alternative and J&M insisting that the guests need to see somebody kiss!

I think Benessa just wanted to go have sweet fellowship. Since Benboob had been thinking about having sex with Jessa since he first starting stalking her... Oops, when the Lord first laid it upon his heart to meet her... It makes sense.

You're not old. I had my FIRST kid at 39 and *I'm* not old. :D

Wow; big revolutionary progression in the "fundie" world......Dancing in the Minefields isn't a "rock" song, but it's a contemporary Christian song. I first heard it on my Christian radio station. Actually the last number of times I've heard it I thought of them, lol. Good choice; I would say it's pretty compromisable between the music they're "supposed" to like and the music that, as Jimbob says "tends to control you".

I read somewhere that their officiating pastor was Mike Schaft(the leader of their El Salvador missions trips they took for Christmas) which I think couldn't be better. At least it wasn't one of the dads, or worse, "pope"Bill Gothard, lol. Probably he asked Jimbob and Michelle to kiss because they're so used to kissing for the camera anyway. Probably better than pulling a married couple's name out of a hat for the "wedding kiss", lol.

Yes, I think the "honorary grandma" was the lady mentioned in the book who was their piano teacher and helped Michelle with laundry. The photo in Jill's wedding of an old lady being walked down the aisle by 2 Duggar brothers, I think that was her. Didn't Michelle refer to her as "Nana"?

So, we'll see what happens next. I'll bet, should all go well with Brandon and Michaela and they marry, they'll do the same thing. But we probably wouldn't know anyway; there'd probably be VERY little media attention on them; the most we could hope for is one IG photo on Alyssa's or Lawson's to confirm that they got married......I'm waiting for the Duggar(or Bates) wedding where they have BOTH parents walk the bride down the aisle, or the groom do that too. Or where they forego the "toss the bouquet"(oh wait, that wasn't shown in Jill's, so either they didn't do it or it was edited out) Or a destination wedding; maybe in El Salvador if one of them meets someone through a trip there. I LOOOVED when Jana said "where did that come from anyway" about Jill and Derick staying together all day on their wedding day until time to get dressed. I hope that leads to a lot more of the re-evaluating traditions. This could be VERY interesting.........

Absolutely not. This was a TERRIBLE idea for TV. The money shot is the stupid kiss. Actual modesty, kissing in private, is terrible TV. I mean, how many times have you seen and reseen and tried to unsee Josh awkwardly shoving his tongue down Anna's throat? If you're going to do a TV wedding, you know because this is your job and how you get your money and you are a professional reality TV personality, you have to give the people something to see. Maybe a Royal Wedding balcony kiss later?

Absolutely not. This was a TERRIBLE idea for TV. The money shot is the stupid kiss. Actual modesty, kissing in private, is terrible TV. I mean, how many times have you seen and reseen and tried to unsee Josh awkwardly shoving his tongue down Anna's throat? If you're going to do a TV wedding, you know because this is your job and how you get your money and you are a professional reality TV personality, you have to give the people something to see. Maybe a Royal Wedding balcony kiss later?

I am sure they will be filmed kissing at one point.

I am glad that their wishes were honored.

Frankly, I could not give a rip if they even show the wedding. I saw the dress, that was enough for me.

I'd be much more interested in seeing Jessa look directly into the camera and say that she and Ben are no longer going to be part of the dog and pony show.

I do think Jim Bob and Michelle kissing was stupid but those attention whores will do anything for some extra on screen kissing. As for Jessa choosing not to publically have her first kiss it was never her choice to be filmed so I don't really think I can criticize her about not wanting her first kiss filmed. I'm sure at some point there will be an on screen kiss possibly even in the wedding episode. I mean we constantly talk about whether the Duggar children really want to be filmed. Perhaps Jessa is just done with it? It's not like Boob who has so much control over Ben would allow her to not have her wedding filmed so instead she picked little things like keeping her first kiss private. I'm curious if when they have a baby if they'll refuse to film the birth. But I don't know if they'd be able to make that choice since Ben is Boob's Bitch.

I recently read a book review that referred to a 39-year-old as over the hill. Then I cried myself to sleep while muttering "one more year, one more year."

I recently read a book review that referred to a 39-year-old as over the hill. Then I cried myself to sleep while muttering "one more year, one more year."

Oh yes, you haven't lived until you've seen the words, "geriatric pregnancy" written on your medical file. :angry-cussing:

Oh yes, you haven't lived until you've seen the words, "geriatric pregnancy" written on your medical file. :angry-cussing:

Yeah. A friend of mine's wife was told that by her OB/GYN when she was pregnant at 38. *sigh*

Another friend got married when he was 21 and his wife 31. They divorced after a few years, and she got married then had her first baby at 39. That sounded so ancient to us 29-year-olds. Now, haha, F-U younger self!

Archived