IGNORED

Jessa Duggar is married

PrairieGirl

Yeah. A friend of mine's wife was told that by her OB/GYN when she was pregnant at 38. *sigh*

Another friend got married when he was 21 and his wife 31. They divorced after a few years, and she got married then had her first baby at 39. That sounded so ancient to us 29-year-olds. Now, haha, F-U younger self!

This brings back memories of what has constituted an "ancient" person. When I turned 20, 25-year-olds were ancient, never mind anyone older than that. When I turned 25, 30-year-olds were ancient. My friend turned 35 one month before I turned 30, so I was still 29 on his birthday and I thought "man, he's OOOLLLLD!" Then I turned 30 and I'm just all "eehhhh, whatever." (This all sounds way more petty in writing than it did my head... :? ) Now the only thing that's old, according to everyone and their mother, are my eggs :roll: but maybe I'll get to have one of those "geriatric" pregnancies. :x

Also, my mom became a grandma at 40 :shock:

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh yes, you haven't lived until you've seen the words, "geriatric pregnancy" written on your medical file. :angry-cussing:

I clicked like because I had those words written in my chart and kept thinking that I haven't seen too many pregnant 80 year olds so where did that term come from? :lol:

Good God! I'm 39 and my children are 4 years old and 12 weeks old.

I'm just going to pretend I didn't read about someone my age having a child of marriageable age. That would make me old. :whistle:

My mother once brought up the fact she's old enough to be my grandmother. That freaked me out a bit. And then she mentioned she could also be a great-grandmother. :? Now that is a scary thought.

I'm 21, so only a few months younger than Jessa. I can't imagine getting married and settling down to have babies any time soon.

Some encouragement:

more.com/

fashionoverfifty.com/

facebook.com/FashionOverFifty?ref=br_tf

pinterest.com/camillecam/glammas/

post-10046-14451999608644_thumb.jpg

post-10046-1445199960886_thumb.jpg

back in the day girls married around 14 or so (i guess when they could have kids it was a go) They could be grandmas at 30, great grandmas at 45, great greats at 60. :lol: Thank God we've evolved past those days.

By the time Josie gets married boob and DQ will have to bang in front of the guests to hold any interest...

:scared-shocked:

I'm guessing they wanted this weekend because the song fits 'I was 19, you were 21'.

I'm really pleasantly surprised by what I've seen/read of the wedding this year. Sounds like Jessa did it her way, not Boob's way. Good for her. May this be the start of more rebellion.

I think the more modern term for pregnancy past 32-35 is advanced maternal age. All that means is that means is that your eggs are not as young as they used to be. The "geriatric" and "maternal" refer to eggs, not the mom. My 33 year old co-worker was referred to as AMA.

My OBs and midwife are attached to a major medical school so that is why they had a less horrific term??

Coco - actually genuine teenage pregnancy is a fairly recent thing. Women did not start having babies at 14 until the late 19th/20th Century because they would not have had periods yet before then. Because of poor diet, most women started their periods around 18/20.

Also it may have been mentioned before but 'you may now kiss the bride' is NOT part of a traditional wedding ceremony, it was invented by Hollywood and then taken up by couples because it looks nice. This is why the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge kissed on the balcony and not in the ceremony.

I think the more modern term for pregnancy past 32-35 is advanced maternal age. All that means is that means is that your eggs are not as young as they used to be. The "geriatric" and "maternal" refer to eggs, not the mom. My 33 year old co-worker was referred to as AMA.

My OBs and midwife are attached to a major medical school so that is why they had a less horrific term??

Nope, my ob/gyn said I was considered AMA with my 3rd and my doc isn't connected with a medical school. I was 37 when I had my 3rd.

I am sure they will be filmed kissing at one point.

I am glad that their wishes were honored.

Frankly, I could not give a rip if they even show the wedding. I saw the dress, that was enough for me.

I'd be much more interested in seeing Jessa look directly into the camera and say that she and Ben are no longer going to be part of the dog and pony show.

Oh I completely agree. But that wasn't the question. Not kissing at the OMG altar was definitely not Boob's idea. This is his dog and pony show, and he wouldn't want to mess up his gravy train. He has that much figured out at least.

Given what an OMG BIG DEAL the other kisses were, to me this looks like an act of defiance. Maybe of her overlord father, of all the producers, maybe even of whoever married them. So Go Jessa!!! It also shows her headship is not completely up Boob's ass if he was willing to defy the Holy TLC in this way. GO JESSA!

Oh I completely agree. But that wasn't the question. Not kissing at the OMG altar was definitely not Boob's idea. This is his dog and pony show, and he wouldn't want to mess up his gravy train. He has that much figured out at least.

Given what an OMG BIG DEAL the other kisses were, to me this looks like an act of defiance. Maybe of her overlord father, of all the producers, maybe even of whoever married them. So Go Jessa!!! It also shows her headship is not completely up Boob's ass if he was willing to defy the Holy TLC in this way. GO JESSA!

I think one of the articles I read alluded to the fact that the pastor who married them counselled them that the decision is theirs and that if they wanted to keep the moment private that it was an option. Glad they had a choice and made the best decision for themselves, damn TLC and JB&M.

What does it mean they showed a 'Duggar kiss' (JB & Michelle)? That weird puckered up very quick kiss JB gives Michelle on the show? Eww

I wonder if anyone knew beforehand about the kiss being done in private, or if Jessa and Ben secretly worked this out with the pastor only to actually have some control over their wedding day.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but I haven't had a chance to catch up on all the posts.

So according to the wedding program, they played a song (yep, that's right... not a hymn or harp music or Erin Bates, although all that was in there too, but an honest to goodness song) called Dancing in the Minefields. I YouTubed it and I have to say that it is a pretty sweet song. BUT...

A) it's a song with a backbeat, which Michelle has said is a no-no

and

B) the end shows several older couples DANCING!

Which brings me to my gripe. I can see where fundies wouldn't want the kind of dancing that I've seen at weddings happening at their weddings. But how would a father/daughter dance or a first couples dance be immoral? Anyone watching something sweet and innocent like within whom that would "stir up feelings that can't be righteously fulfilled" bull crap would really need some serious help.

How did Jessa even talk them into letting her play that song during the ceremony?!?! Did JB and Michelle watch this video with the dancing?!?!?

It is totally possible that Erin played the sheet music to the song (like this

) rather than that a youtube video being played.

:lol: I' 39 and my daughter is 17... Kind of freaks me out that in their world, my kid could get engaged in just a few months! Ack!

I'm 43, have a 24 year old son & an 18 month old grandson. But I don't feel old! :naughty:

Good God! I'm 39 and my children are 4 years old and 12 weeks old.

I'm just going to pretend I didn't read about someone my age having a child of marriageable age. That would make me old. :whistle:

I'm 43 with an 8, 7, and 5 yr old. Yesterday, I found out that the mother of my soon to be nephew -in-law is my age. :lol:

Maybe Jessa really did want to elope and JB & M had to compromise?

I loved the moment in Jill's episode when Jessa was in a side-hug sandwich between Bean and Bulb and suggested in a sassy tone that they would elope. Jim Bob looked like he'd had the wind knocked out of him as he stared at her in disbelief/concern/shock/horror with a frozen smile on his face.

Poor guy. I think he tries to love the girls and just doesn't quite get it.

I loved the moment in Jill's episode when Jessa was in a side-hug sandwich between Bean and Bulb and suggested in a sassy tone that they would elope. Jim Bob looked like he'd had the wind knocked out of him as he stared at her in disbelief/concern/shock/horror with a frozen smile on his face.

Very possible. And as for the Dancing in the Minefields, possibly someone sang it with accompaniment, which could've been Erin, or it could've been someone else on guitar, since it IS more of a guitar song.(I'm sure one of the Duggars plays guitar though I forget who) Either that or they played the audio and didn't show it on video. That saves them the person projecting it.

Canteloupe, anyone? (can't-e-lope) LOL, just had to get that laugh in. :cracking-up:

Jessa really does give her parents headaches. JB better do what she asks or else

Oh yes, you haven't lived until you've seen the words, "geriatric pregnancy" written on your medical file. :angry-cussing:

Ooh, that's harsh. I thought "elderly primigravida" was bad enough.

For a fundie, her dress is pretty low cut! And it appears she skipped having a veil, which I thought was a fundie-must-have... She could have just removed it, of course, but they way her hair is suggests to me that there Was No Veil.

Archived