IGNORED

Jessa Duggar is married

PrairieGirl

I am by no means a fan of Jessa and especially not Ben but good for them for saving their first kiss for themselves. A couple's first kiss is nobody's business but their own.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really impressed with jessa's choices. Kissing in private is an amazing FU to everyone and it will make it so much better. Her dress is freaking gorgeous. I think she is one to watch. I definitely see a lot of subtle rebellion in her choices and attitude. Can't wait to see how this develops.

I'm really impressed with jessa's choices. Kissing in private is an amazing FU to everyone and it will make it so much better. Her dress is freaking gorgeous. I think she is one to watch. I definitely see a lot of subtle rebellion in her choices and attitude. Can't wait to see how this develops.

Eh, exiting the stage at your own wedding (amid a chorus of oooohs from the crowd I imagine) while a preacher goes on about remaining pure until marriage isn't really playing down the whole WE SAVED OUR FIRST KISS thing. If anything it highlights it. "We won't be doing the normal wedding thing, because this isn't a normal wedding, it's a GODLY wedding." I mean, I'm glad that moment didn't get filmed. But if you want your first kiss to be private, don't make it into a point of religious faith in the first place.

Starcasm's article on the wedding mentioned that instead of Ben and Jessa kissing, the pastor directed everyone's attention to Jim Bob and Michelle and had them kiss :roll:

"“The big surprise was that there was no kiss during the ceremony,†an insider exclusively told Starcasm.net, explaining the couple retreated to a private room in the middle of the ceremony to have their first smooch. Meanwhile, the minister did a “long, fire-and-brimstone sermon about kissing†and talked about purity. He also directed people to look at Jim Bob Duggar and Michelle Duggar for an example of a Duggar kiss, which they displayed with a brief peck."

Also, I noticed that the dress colour description for the dress is listed as Champagne & Silver, so maybe it just appears blush in the pic but is actually more of a champagne coloured skirt with a silvery beaded top. That could be why US magazine described it as beige.

Starcasm also wrote:

"Her 10 bridesmaids, including maid-of-honor Jinger Duggar, wore salmon-colored dresses with nude or brown shoes. The groomsmen donned striped shirts, suspenders, gray trousers and brown boots."

Interesting sounding attire for the groomsmen. Looking forward to seeing pictures.

Besides offering an example of a Duggar kiss, Jessa’s parents participated in the ceremony along with Ben’s parents, Guinn and Michael Seewald, by having a private moment on the stage with the couple.

“They formed a u-shape and had kind of a group side-hug and private prayer,†our source said, noting both moms were crying and that it seemed slightly odd. “They sort of crept up to them.â€

Our source said the hour-long event was very beautiful and that the newlyweds seemed very happy, although some aspects of the ceremony were nontraditional.

“Jessa and Ben’s wedding was sweet, friendly and private celebration of love, filled with strong reminders about the importance of purity,†the insider said. “With so much talk of their purity, I actually felt I knew much more about the couple than I should.â€

from - http://starcasm.net/archives/294795

I don't know who their "source" was, but I thought that last line was pretty funny! :wink-kitty: ha!

Starcasm's article on the wedding mentioned that instead of Ben and Jessa kissing, the pastor directed everyone's attention to Jim Bob and Michelle and had them kiss :roll:

"“The big surprise was that there was no kiss during the ceremony,†an insider exclusively told Starcasm.net, explaining the couple retreated to a private room in the middle of the ceremony to have their first smooch. Meanwhile, the minister did a “long, fire-and-brimstone sermon about kissing†and talked about purity. He also directed people to look at Jim Bob Duggar and Michelle Duggar for an example of a Duggar kiss, which they displayed with a brief peck."

Also, I noticed that the dress colour description for the dress is listed as Champagne & Silver, so maybe it just appears blush in the pic but is actually more of a champagne coloured skirt with a silvery beaded top. That could be why US magazine described it as beige.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have an example of a 'Seewald kiss' since the bride and groom were now Seewalds, not Duggars?

Who am I kidding? It's all about Jim Bob and Michelle.

I think it's great that they chose to have their first kiss in private. One of my biggest objections to the whole saving your first kiss for your wedding day is dealing with the awkwardness and stress of having tons of people watching your first kiss. And since her siblings did the kisses publically I do think this is Jessa not going the traditional route. I will say it better not have been filmed or miked either. I would be really disappointed if it turned out that TLC still got footage of it or sound from behind a closed door. Let them have a bit of privacy!

I love her dress. She managed to be modest but choose something beautiful.

Something nobody has mentioned that I find interesting is that Josiah was a groomsman. I wonder if Ben and him get along or if Josiah and Joseph were picked because they were the right ages. It also makes me wonder if Josiah has been around enough for Ben to get to know him in the past year that he's been courting/engaged to Jessa. I hope this means that we get some time with Josiah on the show except of course if HE is the one choosing not to be filmed.

They can't dance, but they can listen to a song that has dancing in the title?

Well, it also has a deadly weapon in the title, so it's OK.

You know what, I respect that their first kiss was in private. Sure they got really preachy about it, but they allowed a private moment to be private and I'm totally cool with that.

I also like that both Jill and Jessa didn't feel the need to be in a pure white dress for their wedding day. I've seen some girls on SYTTD Atlanta get real uppity about the fact they were VIRGINS goddamnit, they will wear WHITE. And they're way more mainstream than the Duggars. At the end of the day, they were still letting the world know their hymen status, a white dress wasn't going to change anything :lol:

White never originally meant virginity. It was just a fad for wedding dresses started by Queen Victoria, who chose it for her wedding. Before that, women wore whatever color they wanted to, with cloth of gold and silver common for royalty.

I would seriously wear Jessa's dress. It's gorgeous! Also, it looks like she was smart enough to get a dress that was already modest enough and didn't need to have awkward alterations done.

Plus, I really respect that she and Ben did their first kiss in private. THAT is modesty, folks.

White never originally meant virginity. It was just a fad for wedding dresses started by Queen Victoria, who chose it for her wedding. Before that, women wore whatever color they wanted to, with cloth of gold and silver common for royalty.

Now the veil, the veil is allll about the 'V' card.

Jessa's is GORGEOUS. I want it. I would legit wear that as my wedding dress and I am a heathen harlot who shows her shoulders all the time.

The dress is beautiful. One of the loveliest I've seen and I watch a lot of TLC bridal shows lol.

No strapless, love the blush color, I mean really loved the color.

The bow tie, not so much.

Uh, weird about jb&m kissing while they go off but w/e. I don't get the big deal of having a little peck, it could be The Wedding Kiss and then their first kiss in private, later.

So far away to see it, I bet it will not get near the viewership Jill's did.

Sorry if this was posted already. Pickles and hairspray have a lot of candid pics showing the outdoor wedding reception and then the house reception. Nothing very juicy tho

facebook.com/269181913180625/albums/651225788309567/

Her dress is gorgeous! We should've known Jessa would be the one to pick a dress that wouldn't have to get turned into a monstrosity. On the other hand, I hope Ben's shirt looked batter than in that pic on People. It doesn't go well with the suit, imo.

Glad they kept the kiss private, but wish the guests could have been spared the purity lecture. I imagine there weren't too many in the crowd who hadn't already heard it all a bajillion times...

I think her dress is gorgeous myself, and I could see myself wearing something like that. I may be a heathen who often bares shoulders, but I was also raised with the idea that you don't wear a strapless dress at a church wedding. I have a lot of respect for them having their first kiss in private, as it was a sign of rebellion and a big FU to Boob and Michelle.

One thing about tonight being the one where clocks are set back an hour, is that they have an extra hour on their wedding night. :nanner-sex:

If they left during the ceremony to have their first kiss in private, why did they not kiss at the traditional point before leaving the church? It wouldn't be their first one after all. If they didn't want to kiss in front of everyone (first, or non-first), they could have just waited until after the ceremony entirely.....that doesn't make sense. Unless it was all about the time to have the "purity" sermon and to give JB&M their time in the spotlight. :?

Wow, that "Dancing in the Minefields" song is really lovely! I bet it was a really beautiful, emotional moment, which is something we don't see very often from Jessa. I think Ben is a jerk, and disagree with everything Jessa stands for, but I hope their day was as lovely as it seems.

When i saw yhe rehearsal dinner pictures, i lost all my hope. But dammit, i don't see anything snark-worthy. A dress without alterations? Yes jessa!!!!! I can't wait yo see the wedding, dure it's gonna be way better thsn jill's. Or at least, her dress is.

Archived