IGNORED

Jessa Duggar is married

PrairieGirl

The dress and programs. Amazing Grace was, of course, one of the songs. I just hate Amazing Grace with the burning passion of a thousand fiery suns. Of course, it's Michelle's favorite. :ew:

post-8463-14451999605376_thumb.jpg

post-8463-14451999605528_thumb.jpg

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just noticed Erin Paine did the Bridal March...hopefully with a little less...gusto...than Jill's.

And here's the song "Dancing in Minefields."

[bBvideo 560,340:1vot3l8r]

[/bBvideo]

I am surprised at how many people on FJ are having a negative reaction to Jessa not kissing at the alter... I cannot count how many times I have read on FJ that it must be so awkward and un-special to have to have your first kiss in front of hundreds of guests... And finally, a fundie decides they DON'T want to do that, and now, what? We're criticizing them for it???

Time and Francia White (the couple who named their kid Heistheway) also went to AK.

Not to be a know it all....

AK is Alaska

AR is Arkansas

You know how us Arkansans are :lol:

Her dress was a pale blush. No virginal white for Jessa either. I really want to think the bridesmaids wore a shade called bashful.

It is the 25th Anniversary of Steel Magnolias.

They did not have there so special first kiss in front of 2000 people looking at them like :pink-shock: :pink-shock: :pink-shock: :pink-shock: :pink-shock: :pink-shock: :pink-shock: :pink-shock: :pink-shock: :pink-shock: and actually made that moment SPECIAL and private? Oh dear, I did not think I would ever say that but I kind of like Jessa right now! (they'll probably spend their honeymoon in the prayer closet)

I believe many Orthodox Jews don't kiss at the alter. We've seen Jessa wear a Star of David necklace before, and we know how fundies like to co-opt Jewish customs, maybe they were "inspired".

[ quote=Mandysue]

Time and Francia White (the couple who named their kid Heistheway) also went to AK.

AK is Alaska

AR is Arkansas

Sooo... I was married in the LDS temple where there are no wedding programs, so I don't know all the lingo and etiquette. Why does it say "Honorary" after Peggy Bennett (on the grandmothers section)?

Love, love, LOVE her dress. Looks as if it didn't need alterations at all. LOVE the blush color, too. I also liked the photo of them sitting together in wedding togs. They look very relaxed. And I REALLY love that they kept their first kiss private, as it should be. Especially without JB and M looking on.. not that THEY kiss any better than five year olds themselves.... I might have a little glimmer of hope for Benessa.

ETA: That song, "Dancing in the Minefields" talked about DANCING! And the women wore PANTS! Is Jessa trying to tell us something????? :o

I believe many Orthodox Jews don't kiss at the alter. We've seen Jessa wear a Star of David necklace before, and we know how fundies like to co-opt Jewish customs, maybe they were "inspired".

A kiss is not part of the Marriage service in the Book of Common Prayer that the Episcopal church uses. Some priests will add it at the couple's request and some will not. For those of you who watched the wedding of Will and Kate a few years ago, they also didn't kiss during their (Anglican) ceremony.

Aside from the purity spiel by the minister, this wedding seems very un-Duggar like.

- Non white dress

- They wrote their own vows

- Private kiss

- No cake

- Horse & Carriage instead of trashing and throwing a buck in the truck

Dress details:

Jessa also chose a blush gown from Tesori Bridal in Fayetteville, Arkansas – an Allure dress from their modest line, with a fully beaded bodice of Swarovski crystals and pearls, and had some of the tulle in the dress removed so it would fall exactly the way she wanted it to.

"It was the second dress I tried on," Jessa tells PEOPLE. "I love it."

And it was absolutely perfect for the bride, say Tesori Bridal co-owners Lindsey Stavely and Erin Bridges.

"We didn't know if she would like it because it wasn't the traditional white," says Stavely. Adds Bridges, "She kept coming back to this dress and all her sisters were like, 'the second one, the second one,' so everyone agreed."

http://www.people.com/article/jessa-duggar-ben-seewald-wedding-details-dress-cake-vows-first-kiss

Sooo... I was married in the LDS temple where there are no wedding programs, so I don't know all the lingo and etiquette. Why does it say "Honorary" after Peggy Bennett (on the grandmothers section)?

Well, it's not really a standard thing in any wedding I've been to.

I'm guessing what it means is that Peggy Bennett (not sure who she is, but she is not Jessa's grandmother) is an older female friend of the families, and has been close enough that she is regarded as a grandmother figure by Jessa. She's an honorary grandmother.

Jessa only has one grandparent still living and that's Mary.

I am surprised at how many people on FJ are having a negative reaction to Jessa not kissing at the alter... I cannot count how many times I have read on FJ that it must be so awkward and un-special to have to have your first kiss in front of hundreds of guests... And finally, a fundie decides they DON'T want to do that, and now, what? We're criticizing them for it???

I'm happy Jessa didn't kiss at HER wedding. It's her choice. It must've made JB and Michelle pissed off

They can't dance, but they can listen to a song that has dancing in the title?

The way that I understand it, they CAN dance. But it has to be with someone with whom the desires can be 'righteously fulfilled'. So basically with their spouse in the privacy of their own home.

As long as the minefields are in their kitchen or bedroom, they're good to go.

A kiss is not part of the Marriage service in the Book of Common Prayer that the Episcopal church uses. Some priests will add it at the couple's request and some will not. For those of you who watched the wedding of Will and Kate a few years ago, they also didn't kiss during their (Anglican) ceremony.

You are right I had forgotten about that. I remember how much the crowd cheered when Will and Kate kissed twice on the balcony.

I think it was smart of them to save that moment for private.

AK is Alaska

AR is Arkansas

Yeah, I also spelled their names wrong :roll:

Peggy Bennett isn't Jessa's actual grandmother. IIRC, she is Grandma Duggar's longtime friend and she helped Michelle with homeschooling when the older kids were little. Perhaps she and Jessa were especially close?

I love Jessa's dress! :clap: to her and Ben for sharing their first kiss in private. It couldn't have been easy for them to make that call, with TLC and Jim Bob wanting everything done their way.

List of the wedding party:

I'm thinking they left out Jana, Joy-Anna, Jill, and maybe Anna? That would make it ten, the number of bridesmaids they mentioned would be in the wedding earlier in the year.

Yeah, based on the wedding program that was posted Jill is listed in the bridesmaids along with Jana and Joy.

Here's a site with pics of the wedding dress Jessa wore (you can see bigger pics of it back and front):

http://www.missesdressy.com/dresses/des ... idals/m524

I like that Jessa's dress didn't look weird and "added-on-to" the way Jill's did. Jill's looked a little heavy on the top because of all the extra modesty material they clearly had to add to fit in with their modesty requirements. Jessa's is just as is, and it's pretty for a young bride like her!

Archived