IGNORED

Bates Updates - Part 2

BirthingGodsWarriors

Definitely! Makes so much more sense! Thanks for clearing that up, everyone :) It kinda sucks that they were all willy-nilly while naming her, and she's basically been in name-limbo her entire life. I actually like the name Michael for a girl.

The actress who played the mother on The Waltons was Michael Learned. Too bad the Bates didn't think fast enough to claim they named her after that actress, since she played such a wonderful mother :roll:

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The actress who played the mother on The Waltons was Michael Learned. Too bad the Bates didn't think fast enough to claim they named her after that actress, since she played such a wonderful mother :roll:

B-bu-but - don't you realise, EmmieJ? She can't be that good a mother by fundie standards if she's got a boy's name! Not hoooly enough!

or they didn't think of Princess Michael of Kent

I think Michael and Brandon should ask Chris Maxwell to shoot their wedding! Could you imagine the LOOK on his face when he gets an email with the request. :pink-shock: :lol:

No. NOBODY should ask Christopher Maxwell to shoot their wedding. Not unless they want shitty photos, but even then I don't recommend picking him.

In related Bates news, Chad's brother, Thomas, married his girlfriend, Dakota, today.

Masiespace posted on instagram and then clicking on her hashtag you can see pics from the bride's sister.

10661123_1526873667528516_1905866994_n.jpg

They are good looking!!!! I love her dress.

10617198_360803337408916_1992795479_n.jpg

Here is the sister, who wore this as a bridesmaid

10684310_839315772745246_1340163204_n.jpg

Who is this, Jason?

10693673_1491244367799520_1515621341_n.jpg

10665322_286834661507048_1706918547_n.jpg

They got married near St. Louis, Missouri.

Michael isn't her real name though. :)

I know, it's Marie Christine. She's Princess Michael in the same I would be Mrs. So and So.

Are the Arndt boys any good at pics? anyone know.not that I plan to hire them,jw.

A hell of a lot better than Christopher Maxwell. I wouldn't say I've been blown away by their portfolio (I hate black and white photos with specific items colored in with the passion of a thousand blazing suns) but their stuff looks professional and they keep up with photography trends, same with their wedding videos. They also seem to photograph all types of weddings; I'd say the vast majority are of mainstream couples.

Here's their portfolio:

arndtphotography.com/photo-collections/

I'll give the Arndts this, they don't seem to have the aversion to learning new things and learning from other people that the Maxwells do. I'm sure Christopher sucks as a photog for the same reason Sarah sucks as a writer. It's all output and no input.

The Bates's get their own show to air in January.

So I've heard, but apparently it's going to be on some kind of network I've never heard of and I don't think I get... :( Too bad, I would definitely watch it otherwise.

So I've heard, but apparently it's going to be on some kind of network I've never heard of and I don't think I get... :( Too bad, I would definitely watch it otherwise.

Whoever can offer cable nowadays, please keep us abreast of their show. :)

Ancient history, I know, but Gil, IIRC, once said that the reason that the Bates kids could never go to a college like UT is that the kids might have classes with kids with green hair. I'm currently watching the old movie Kim, based on the novel by Rudyard Kipling. It stars Dean Stockwell who was also in The Boy with Green Hair which is considered an anti-war classic. I don't know whether the Bateses know that or not.

re: Chad's brother's wedding--

is that really a strapless bridesmaid dress?!!!1!!11?

and the blonde guest in the (very cute and trendy) pink/black dress is showing kneecaps and shoulders.....

re: Chad's brother's wedding--

is that really a strapless bridesmaid dress?!!!1!!11?

and the blonde guest in the (very cute and trendy) pink/black dress is showing kneecaps and shoulders.....

Yep that's a strapless bridesmaids dress and though the bride has lace going up her throat her shoulders are bare. I also read that the bride is known to wear shorts. doesn't sound like she's fundy.

Yep that's a strapless bridesmaids dress and though the bride has lace going up her throat her shoulders are bare. I also read that the bride is known to wear shorts. doesn't sound like she's fundy.

If you click on the hashtag for the wedding there's a pic of the bride wearing shorts during a pre-wedding event.

Man I love that wedding dress!

Ginger looks about 30 with all that makeup and fake tan.

She needs to lighten up on the eyeliner.

Archived