IGNORED

Bates Updates - Part 2

BirthingGodsWarriors

Uh oh, hope they're not there for any big announcements....

God, I hope so too (unless its an announcement that Erin is pregnant again--I'm OK with that). Maybe they were driving back from the Value Voters Hatepalooza in DC, but that is a hella long road trip.

As for Kelly being pregnant, yes it is a possibility--counting her miscarriages, she's been pregnant at least 21-22 times. But statistically, at age 47, there is only a small chance she can carry a baby to term.

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That would be sad and interesting at the same time. :popcorn2: She still looks fertile and younger than her years, while Michelle just looks like an over-tanned husk these days.

you can tell (in)fertility by someones appearance?

I am hoping that they are just in town for baby bradley's birth. The due date they initially announced isn't until the end of october, but maybe he will be early.

you can tell (in)fertility by someones appearance?

:lol: well not really but there's a difference in looking young and fresh and tired and kind of dried out. Like Michelle in the early specials vs. now.

post-10046-14451999457076_thumb.jpg

:lol: well not really but there's a difference in looking young and fresh and tired and kind of dried out. Like Michelle in the early specials vs. now.

[attachment=0]duggar.jpg[/attachment]

I'm sure if you looked at pictures of Kelly from 10 years ago she'd probably have aged just as much as Michelle. Kelly looks good, but she looks her age in my opinion. The one thing I will say about Kelly is that she doesn't have the stooped posture of Michelle. Michelle has the face of a woman in her mid-late 40s and the body of a woman in her late 60s, whereas Kelly looks her actual age in both face and body.

If Kelly so happens to be pregnant (unlikely), J'chelle will go straight off the deep end. I can only imagine the state of her TH's.

If Kelly so happens to be pregnant (unlikely), J'chelle will go straight off the deep end. I can only imagine the state of her TH's.

She's so fragile already i can see her shorting out like a Stepford wife and repeating the same thing several times in TH's.

J'chelle will put on her sweet face and pretend to be oh so excited for Kelly though.

I'm sure Michelle will look just as thrilled as she did while she was with Anna during the M'Kids births.

I'm sure Michelle will look just as thrilled as she did while she was with Anna during the M'Kids births.

I know,she sure had the stink face on the way to Marcus' birth!

I do think she would grit her teeth and smile for Kelly though.

i find it amusing that someone mentioned there's little way that kelly could be pregnant, because she's said she's sure her baby days are over. this woman has birthed 19 children, in the past which means she's very fertile and uses no contraception, i think there's a huge chance she's pregnant again.

That was me. I said that because I assumed that once a woman as baby/pregnancy-obsessed as Kelly publicly states she's probably done having kids, she knows why she's saying that. The reasons why are versatile and I don't want to speculate on that. I assumed something as close to "I'M DONE" as that, will actually mean "I'M DONE" in fundie-speak.

Yeah, Crazysnark, I thought the same thing! Get it Michaela! (BenJessa aren't allowed to full frontal hug, are they?)

However, folks have said that Brandon isn't allowed to be engaged while a student at whatever the Gothard seminary is in Texas-- he graduates in November--so I bet it won't be officially announced until then.

Im pretty sure michaela and brandon are engaged. Lawson just posted a pic of a full on frontal hug.

Maybe, maybe not though. The Bates seem to actually let their kids set the courtship rules. For Erin there was no hand holding until engagement. Alyssa was shown in a frontal hug with John when they started courting. Maybe they do the hugs for hello and good bye.

Feeling for Erin and Chad. It was around this time that they were due to have their baby that they miscarried. Even harder with Whitney due right around the same time, but this pregnancy is viable. Hard.

If Michael(a) and Brandon weren't going to get married, it would be over by now.....in fact I doubt we'd have heard of him after Zach embarrassment -- can't risk a repeat of that. It was so cruel to have done that to that poor girl on tv--you could TELL her answer was "oh, hell no....." Glad he found Whit. Brandon is at HQ--probably can't get away from the cult for a while to actually get married........

If Michael(a) and Brandon weren't going to get married, it would be over by now.....in fact I doubt we'd have heard of him after Zach embarrassment -- can't risk a repeat of that. It was so cruel to have done that to that poor girl on tv--you could TELL her answer was "oh, hell no....." Glad he found Whit. Brandon is at HQ--probably can't get away from the cult for a while to actually get married........

Brandon isn't at Gothard HQ in Illinois. According to Kelly Bates, he's at the Gothard seminary, IMI, in Burnet, Texas (near Austin): http://ati.iblp.org/ati/students/opportunities/imi/

The fall semester ends Nov. 15. Kelly has said he will graduate then.

From the IMI website:

"The cost is currently $2,100 per semester, which includes room, board, and books. Separate dorms will be provided for male and female students, and no courtships, engagements, or marriages are allowed during a student's enrollment in IMI. While these events may spring from friendships formed at IMI, they cannot and will not occur while one is a student here. We desire that all students focus on God and their relationship with Him during this time of training."

"Course Details

IMI offers a three-year course with twelve weeks of intensive training each fall and spring. During the summer and winter, students have time for practical application and ministry. New students are accepted at the beginning of each fall and spring semester."

Brandon isn't at Gothard HQ in Illinois. According to Kelly Bates, he's at the Gothard seminary, IMI, in Burnet, Texas (near Austin): http://ati.iblp.org/ati/students/opportunities/imi/

The fall semester ends Nov. 15. Kelly has said he will graduate then.

From the IMI website:

"The cost is currently $2,100 per semester, which includes room, board, and books. Separate dorms will be provided for male and female students, and no courtships, engagements, or marriages are allowed during a student's enrollment in IMI. While these events may spring from friendships formed at IMI, they cannot and will not occur while one is a student here. We desire that all students focus on God and their relationship with Him during this time of training."

"Course Details

IMI offers a three-year course with twelve weeks of intensive training each fall and spring. During the summer and winter, students have time for practical application and ministry. New students are accepted at the beginning of each fall and spring semester."

Thanks for the correction! I knew it was Gothard at least....thought I'd read HQ. Sorry about that.

Totally understandable IReallyAmHopewell--Kelly has said that Brandon has a job at Gothard HQ in Illinois when he graduates! But I am amazed that they have been so open with the Brandon/Michael courtship since that IMI website so clearly states that students courting is a NO NO.

Maybe daughters of Gothard board members don't have to obey the standards of mere mortals! : )

I think that's what it meant.Just with each other.

Even so,he's courting a Bates girl.Would anyone there dare protest?

He's basically a part of their family already and I'm glad the two of them have had such a long time to get to know one another---even if it's long distance. I would expect a spring wedding and Michael will be a beautiful bride--t shirt dress and all!

I think that's what it meant.Just with each other.

Even so,he's courting a Bates girl.Would anyone there dare protest?

Whose daddy is on the IBP/ATI board of directors. Nope. She's fundie royalty. Nobody would dare question that even if she was a student other also.

Could it be that IMI students just aren't allowed courtships/engagements/marriages with each other while they're there?

That's what I always interpreted it as. They don't want them to be dating or courting because IMI can't be responsible for them as it's the job of their families to hold them accountable. Not that they can't openly have their eye on someone.

Archived