IGNORED

Bates Updates - Part 2

BirthingGodsWarriors

I noticed a comment on the Bates' blog about a name. Have Zach and Whitney chosen and announced a name for the baby-she's due next month, isn't she? The name the commenter said she loved was Bardley. Bardley Bates? I am really hoping she misspelled Bradley.

Yes it's Bradley Not Bardley.

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just passed Crowne College. I got really excited and Mr. Jerkit was confused. Dude, a fundie went to an actual brick and mortar college. I need to get my excitement where I can!

Brandon looks like he wants to scream 'let down your golden hair!' in the one with Alyssa on the porch above him.LOL.A Rapunzel version.

LOL That's Micheal. Alyssa is married to John Webster.

Someone in the comments asked if Micheal was legally going to change her name to Michealla and Kelly answered that they had heard she could do it for free after the wedding, but she isn't sure if she will. (Of course there is no engagment yet but I guess they are positive there will be a wedding.)

Bradley Gilvin

Yeah, but he will always be young Master Bates to me.

In other news, Kelly just commented that "she believes that Brandon has some work in Chicago" after he graduates from seminary in November.

Alas--I assume that means the Gothard mothership in Oak Brook?

I guess they will get to hang out with the Staddons and the Pecan Thief.

Yeah, but he will always be young Master Bates to me.

In other news, Kelly just commented that "she believes that Brandon has some work in Chicago" after he graduates from seminary in November.

Alas--I assume that means the Gothard mothership in Oak Brook?

I guess they will get to hang out with the Staddons and the Pecan Thief.

I wonder if Josh and Anna will move to HQ too? DC being so far away and all.... Hope not.

Someone in the comments asked if Micheal was legally going to change her name to Michealla and Kelly answered that they had heard she could do it for free after the wedding, but she isn't sure if she will. (Of course there is no engagment yet but I guess they are positive there will be a wedding.)

In the "about us" section on their website Brandon is already in the pics and the caption says that wedding bells will be ringing for them in 2015. I don't get those fundie shenanigans.

Another proof she can't act her age.

For a 19 year old small town girl with a marginal at best high school education, experiencing her 1st romantic relationship, she seems like she's acting her age!

For a 19 year old small town girl with a marginal at best high school education, experiencing her 1st romantic relationship, she seems like she's acting her age!

I rolled my eyes when I saw that username because I think it shows she's too young to be getting married. Falling head over heels in love/lust/infatuation, sure, but vowing to spend the rest of her life with the guy?

Alyssa is "too young to be getting married"?

I'm afraid that train left the station, almost 4 months ago.

Meh, people get married at all ages and levels of maturity. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Maybe I'm cynical, but I've seen so many immature middle aged people getting married, or 'mature' adults with other major issues and bad reasons walking down the aisle, that I find it hard to judge. If she's a legal adult, she's old enough to get married. If it works it works, if it doesn't, it doesn't, and it's not the end of the world.

Alyssa is "too young to be getting married"?

I'm afraid that train left the station, almost 4 months ago.

Heh, you're right, I should have said "too young to be married". Shouldn't type and talk at the same time :P And I mean that from a maturity perspective, not a particular age.

singsingsing, normally I'd agree, but in Alyssa's case there's no real opportunity for it to not work out.

In the "about us" section on their website Brandon is already in the pics and the caption says that wedding bells will be ringing for them in 2015. I don't get those fundie shenanigans.

Brandon has to finish his indentured servitude at Gothard HQ before he can announce an engagement. He's technically not meant to court yet either, but I guess an exception is made when one is courting the daughter of the board member who heads up the most PR friendly ATI family of the moment.

Brandon has to finish his indentured servitude at Gothard HQ before he can announce an engagement. He's technically not meant to court yet either, but I guess an exception is made when one is courting the daughter of the board member who heads up the most PR friendly ATI family of the moment.

Isn't that the reason David gave for waiting so long to court Priscilla?

This is a comment on one of Alyssa's instagram pictures from 5 weeks ago:

"This is (name here), the audiologist from Children's hospital--You look beautiful and blessed! Congratulations darling!"

I'm thinking there's another grand-Bates on the way!

Sheer luck that I stumbled onto this comment, I hardly ever look at Aylssa's IG.

"This is (name here), the audiologist from Children's hospital--You look beautiful and blessed! Congratulations darling!"

Sheer luck that I stumbled onto this comment, I hardly ever look at Aylssa's IG.

Yeah it might mean the wedding though?

I wonder if Alyssa knows how to prevent babies? She doesn't want a big family but starting at 19 years old her family could be huge.

Yeah it might mean the wedding though?

I wonder if Alyssa knows how to prevent babies? She doesn't want a big family but starting at 19 years old her family could be huge.

You're right, that could easily be a congrats on the wedding.

Why would she be seeing an audiologist at the children's hospital if she was pregnant? I thought all pregnancy related things were handled at a regular hospital, until the baby was actually born? Im guessing maybe that the audiologist is someone who knows the family (maybe some of her little siblings have been seen by them, so they know Alyssa? Or even saw Alyssa herself when she was younger?), and is congratulating them on their wedding

There is a Children's Hospital in Knoxville, TN--so it could be someone who has treated Bates children in the past.

singsingsing, normally I'd agree, but in Alyssa's case there's no real opportunity for it to not work out.

Yeah, that. Unfortunately in their culture, it is the end of the world. And while I agree that in the secular world a young divorce is just one of those things you just learn from and move past, in any culture a divorce at 25 with two to four kids in tow and no job skills makes things a bit trickier. It's the same concern I have about young Mormon marriages where the couple has known each other for three months. It's not the marriage I'm worried about so much as the kid I know is coming a year later.

Why would she be seeing an audiologist at the children's hospital if she was pregnant? I thought all pregnancy related things were handled at a regular hospital, until the baby was actually born? Im guessing maybe that the audiologist is someone who knows the family (maybe some of her little siblings have been seen by them, so they know Alyssa? Or even saw Alyssa herself when she was younger?), and is congratulating them on their wedding

I did a little googling. The audiologist works in Knoxville, TN. I'm sure the Bates have been to Children's Hospital quite a few times over the years so that's probably where she knows Alyssa.

Archived