IGNORED

Bates Updates - Part 2

BirthingGodsWarriors

I get the channel that the show will be on. Is there a way i can upload it online for yall to watch

I'd recommend YouTube (and ask you to please do so)

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could it be that IMI students just aren't allowed courtships/engagements/marriages with each other while they're there?

I'd hope so--not many places that conservative would call an unmarried man to be a pastor.

I just realized while reading the Paine Family blog that 24-year old Nate Paine (younger brother of Chad) is in his final semester at IMI (Gothard seminary) at Texas, along with Michael's beau Brandon Keilen. Perhaps we could hook him up with Tori Bates next year and begin an intertwining Bates/Paine family tree.

Brandon isn't at Gothard HQ in Illinois. According to Kelly Bates, he's at the Gothard seminary, IMI, in Burnet, Texas (near Austin): http://ati.iblp.org/ati/students/opportunities/imi/

The fall semester ends Nov. 15. Kelly has said he will graduate then.

From the IMI website:

"The cost is currently $2,100 per semester, which includes room, board, and books. Separate dorms will be provided for male and female students, and no courtships, engagements, or marriages are allowed during a student's enrollment in IMI. While these events may spring from friendships formed at IMI, they cannot and will not occur while one is a student here. We desire that all students focus on God and their relationship with Him during this time of training."

"Course Details

IMI offers a three-year course with twelve weeks of intensive training each fall and spring. During the summer and winter, students have time for practical application and ministry. New students are accepted at the beginning of each fall and spring semester."

$2,100 a semester and that includes room and board :shock: I would think they'd have lots of young people just pretending to be religious in order to live basically for free and get a degree. Very restrictive - but probably beats living on the street.

Chad has posted an adorable note to Erin on his blog. It gives me hope for her not to have a miserable life in fundiedom...

that was a sweet note. to change the subject a little I think Lawson Bates really is a good brother. just looking at his IG account is cute sometimes. Like recently he went out to dinner with just Josie. and he also found those coke bottles with Micheal and Brandon's names and made a cute post about it. He also looked so Happy to have Alyssa back in Tennessee.

$2,100 a semester and that includes room and board :shock: I would think they'd have lots of young people just pretending to be religious in order to live basically for free and get a degree. Very restrictive - but probably beats living on the street.

That's how cults operate, targeting people when they are at their most vulnerable. Insidious as fuck.

Anyone else think that's an awkward picture? On Chad's blog with his note I mean.

Really sweet note, and generally they've ended up being a really sweet, cute couple. Their miscarriage was sad but I'm glad they get to have this alone time in marriage that other newlywed fundie couples (Jill & Derick, looking at you!) don't get to have.

Now, what is it with fundie couples and 11 month "anniversaries"? Just wait one more month for the year! Not as bad as Jill Dill and her skyversary, two monthiversary, 100 day annivesary, etc. I hate when people use the word anniversary incorrectly.

Anyone else think that's an awkward picture? On Chad's blog with his note I mean.

Really sweet note, and generally they've ended up being a really sweet, cute couple. Their miscarriage was sad but I'm glad they get to have this alone time in marriage that other newlywed fundie couples (Jill & Derick, looking at you!) don't get to have.

Now, what is it with fundie couples and 11 month "anniversaries"? Just wait one more month for the year! Not as bad as Jill Dill and her skyversary, two monthiversary, 100 day annivesary, etc. I hate when people use the word anniversary incorrectly.

I also hate abused "anniversaries" but I would guess that Chad posted this to cheer Erin up around the time that would have been their babies due date.

And year-- I was also shocked at how cheap that Gothard seminary in Texas-- yet they only let in 9 students a year. Perhaps there is only one faculty member? : ) I assume the students have to do tons of chores/maintenance around the "campus." No wonder the Gothard empire is going under!

I thought it looked awkward, too. Normally I think they look cute and affectionate in photos, but in this one it looks like Erin wants to escape and Chad's clinging to her. It looks kind of like it was taken where he proposed, so perhaps it was one of the first times they'd been so close?

I also hate abused "anniversaries" but I would guess that Chad posted this to cheer Erin up around the time that would have been their babies due date.

And year-- I was also shocked at how cheap that Gothard seminary in Texas-- yet they only let in 9 students a year. Perhaps there is only one faculty member? : ) I assume the students have to do tons of chores/maintenance around the "campus." No wonder the Gothard empire is going under!

That's what I thought, too. I'm sure this has been painful, and that pain might be compounded by the fact that she hasn't gotten pregnant again.

FJ has often wondered how fundies would handle fertility problems, so this is kind of it.

That's what I thought, too. I'm sure this has been painful, and that pain might be compounded by the fact that she hasn't gotten pregnant again.

FJ has often wondered how fundies would handle fertility problems, so this is kind of it.

Chad seems to be a very sweet and attentive husband. I was no fan of Erin with her seemly princessy attitude but I am happy that she married a nice guy and not some fundie jerk a la Pecan Thief, who orientation questions aside, treats his wife pretty badly. She truly seems happy with Chad as well.

I am glad they have had some couple time together though I know this couple time only happened because of her miscarriage earlier this year. I am sure the upcoming weeks are going to be a challenge not only because of what would have been her due date but also Zach and Whitney's baby is due shortly and that will be bittersweet for both of them.

As far as Erin becoming pregnant again, a pretty good bet it will only be a matter of time. A bit too early to tell if there are fertility issues however in fundie land, not getting pregnant right away is seen as a sort of fertility issue with them even if there's nothing wrong, things are just taking time.

Surely no one would say Chad and Erin are not worthy of being blessed should they not become pregnant anytime soon? I can't imagine.

I'm sure,it's just that if it were Zach and Whit instead,I can hear the fundies saying they're not being blessed because Zach didn't marry a fundie girl!

That's the way it works in fundiedom.

Bad stuff happens to you? Test. Bad stuff happens to someone who's 'sinning'? Punishment.

Good stuff happens someone you like or agree with? Blessing. Good stuff happens to someone you don't like or agree with? God works in mysterious ways. Or they might pull out that text about rain falling on the righteous and the unrighteous alike.

Don't go looking for any logic or consistency. There isn't any.

I agree that Chad clearly loves Erin and is secure enough to broadcast it, which is refreshing in their world. While men like Pecan Thief wax poetic in their words, their deeds point to something much different. It sounds like Michael(a)'s beau Brandon is taking the idea of "courting" her (sending her gifts, etc.) to heart as well. I think in many ways she is luckier than most as she kind of has the best of all worlds - not marrying at a young age like her sister Alyssa, but she's "off the market" so she's not viewed as practically a spinster like Jana Duggar for example. And her excuse is she is waiting for him to finish school, so no one will ask why she isn't engaged yet (if she isn't already) or why they're moving so slowly compared to the accelerated pace of special friends to courtship to engagement to wedding like her sisters. I will never be a fan of the whole courtship/dad involved model, but if you're going to be trapped in that lifestyle, at least the Bates girls seem to be attracting better partners than many in their situation.

Someone (a FJer?) asked Kelly recently, in a comment on the Bates website, if the picture on Lawson's Instagram of Michael & Brandon front hugging meant they were engaged. Kelly said no.

So Michael is the 2nd Bates daughter (after Alyssa) to front hug while courting. Bates girls gone wild!

I agree that Michael has the best of all Gothard worlds-- she gets to court, not have multiple kids by the time she's 25 (at this rate she very well not give birth until age 26), and continue to earn $ as nanny, which she seems to enjoy.

Zach seems to be police officer now. Whitney posted a photo of him in his uniform on IG. Last I had heard he was working in a metal yard or something with Chad. I think its great that he is going for a job that will provide benefits for his family, though the cynic in me thinks that this is just a way for him to build up his political portfolio. I can't imagine that police work is Gothard approved, either.

Zach seems to be police officer now. Whitney posted a photo of him in his uniform on IG. Last I had heard he was working in a metal yard or something with Chad. I think its great that he is going for a job that will provide benefits for his family, though the cynic in me thinks that this is just a way for him to build up his political portfolio. I can't imagine that police work is Gothard approved, either.

I am pretty sure he worked in the Sherrif's office before he even became county commissioner. I do not remember if it's a paid position. As far as I remember his primary job in recent times has been with a metal fabrication company.

Yes he would have to go through several months of BLET training,I know as my son is going through it now.

Not saying he isn't,just if he is,he must have kept his training/schooling silent.

Alyssa's necklines continue to plunge down to normal-woman territory. I think now when she goes to church she has to consciously add layers. Enjoy you choices Alyssa!

instagram.com/p/t_jdl6JAio/?modal=true

Archived