IGNORED

Bates Updates - Part 2

BirthingGodsWarriors

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's wearing rather trendy-looking jewelry; how nice!! Really, what she has on looks like something any of the women in my office would wear. What a huge difference from her earliest appearances on 19K&C!

She's wearing rather trendy-looking jewelry; how nice!! Really, what she has on looks like something any of the women in my office would wear. What a huge difference from her earliest appearances on 19K&C!

She must feel so embarrassed looking back on those old frumper days. I feel enough fashion shame looking back on my old photos because of how much clothing dates, and I was lucky enough to never have to wear a denim frumper!

She must feel so embarrassed looking back on those old frumper days. I feel enough fashion shame looking back on my old photos because of how much clothing dates, and I was lucky enough to never have to wear a denim frumper!

Beamed to the nation's TV sets and then plastered all over the internet forever, no less. Poor kids.

Wow Whit looks ready to pop. I imagine baby Bradley will be making an appearance any day now.

post-4896-14451999532745_thumb.jpg

anyone else notice it has been relatively quiet on the bates' front? could be to do with their show, wanting to save it til then... but i've noticed no new announcements (pregnancies, courtships, engagements) for a while. hmmmm.

The Bates have another season coming up?

I think it starts early January. It'll be on the UP network (a lot of christian programming I believe), not TLC. I have no idea if my cable provider even carries that network.

The Bates are probably just really busy. Between a reality show, three newly weds in the family, a courtship, and the first grandchild due to arrive soon, they probably have a lot on their plate.

The Bates' are my favorite fundie family. Not saying I approve of everything they do (nope!), but I do find them refreshing for a fundie heavy family, *spaeshully* considering Papa Bates' position with ATI/IBLP. I mostly like Kelly and the girls (okay, and Lawson.) :D

I continue to be amused by the lusting lady leghumpers on Lawson's Instagram page, telling him how good looking & virtuous he is.

Stop giving away pieces of your heart, ladies!

The Bates are probably just really busy. Between a reality show, three newly weds in the family, a courtship, and the first grandchild due to arrive soon, they probably have a lot on their plate.

They are doing a new reality show?

Alyssa seems like she's made a lot of normal friends in Florida. I'm predicting that she's going to be an accomplice in the "first Bates kid to date, not court" mission. With as close as she is to her siblings I would not be surprised at all if she made a nice friend she would want to set up with Nathan or Lawson. I'd be perfect- the brother can just go visit their sister and Alyssa would probably let them do their own thing*.

*And by own thing, I probably mean just letting them go to public places alone. I'm sure she would still want them to date with the purpose of marriage.

Chad Paine's younger brother Thomas seems to be firmly on the fundie-lite path with his new bride Dakota (who he met at Gothard headquarters!). They went on a Bahamian cruise for their honeymoon & wore un-wholesome wear! :)

I hope they are a positive influence on their Gothardite peers.

From Thomas's blog--constant-survival.blogspot.com/

post-2155-14451999545958_thumb.jpg

Oh look, a normal couple on the beach during their honeymoon!

This is what I'm hoping for SO HARD for any of the Bates kids. Please, Jeebus?

The Duggar Girls, Anna and Prissy plus the Bates and Paine girls take notice. Forget the wholesomewear. That bathing suit is stylish and pretty.

Very much like my swimsuits from Land's End! Alyssa Bates Webster could rock that suit. Fundies need to stop acting like everyone who doesn't wear wholesome wear wears a thong bikini instead. There are modest alternatives.

For all we know, Alyssa's tanning on the beach in Florida in tankini right now as well and maybe even Jill let loose on her OBX honeymoon, we just don't see it. I'm still convinced Whitney might have as well, since we know that outside of photos she at least wore leggings.

I was wondering what Dakota wore (ugh I hate that I wonder those things) and expected something like that - not all the way to a bikini, just a modest real bathing suit.

And oh my, has anyone noticed the tattoo!

10689446_1491903234404589_1432302999490108565_n.jpg?oh=bdbdeb63fabbcda8edff7dd574d635ea&oe=54E427A8&__gda__=1421250079_65850a8fc94727d41dcd9d5b51d85a74

Archived