IGNORED

Bates Updates - Part 2

BirthingGodsWarriors

Yes to all and poor Erin doesn't even realize that despite grad. w honors,her unaccredited degree means nothing in the real world.

Are ya'll saying that because GIl is on the board,CC is paid for by them?

I would presume Gil gets some sort of salary for being on the board?

He's on the board of ATI, not Crown College.

Remember, he's claiming to be a pastor now, and Kelly actively encourages whatever leg humpers who happen to be in the area to attend. I'm sure they are receiving a tithe from regular members as well as love offerings from drop ins.

They should thank their pal Jesus daily for their connection with the Duggars, no matter how tenuous it was to begin with. Without the added profile and TLC money they would still be living in that teeny tiny house and I doubt they would have managed to marry their daughters so well (by the standards of their community). And Gil Bates, tree cutting father of 19 without a theology degree isn't the draw that Gil Bates - star of United Bates of America, as seen on 19 Kids and Counting, ATI royalty, father if eleventy beautiful daughters, is for his little start up church.

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Gil gets a lot of perks and a salary for being on the BoD, and free or reduced tuition for CC is one of them. How else could he afford big weddings for 2 daughters, and end some of his kids to CC?

I think Gil gets a lot of perks and a salary for being on the BoD, and free or reduced tuition for CC is one of them. How else could he afford big weddings for 2 daughters, and end some of his kids to CC?

Erin paid her own way at Crown. She earned money giving piano lessons. I'm sure the other kids pay their own way as well.

Yes,I know Gil is on the ATI board,not CC.Sry I didn't make that clear.

I thought I recalled Lawson saying he had to loan money for Erin (and some of the others) to go to college.iirc.And that led some to say Erin should have thanked him for helping her go,which she didn't on their site.

At the least I bet Gil doesn't pay a dime in ATI fees,and I bet the Duggars don't either anymore.I think they consider their attendance enough payment in itself.

I wonder if Gil does any actual work for ATI,or is just having him on the site and at the board meetings enough.

I bet none of the Duggar or Bates offspring pay any ATI fees.All honorary memberships for them,I would presume.

I do wonder if we'll see the married ones at Big Sandy every year now...we know Josh and Anna go,but what about Zach and Alyssa and their spouses? I would presume Chad and Erin will attend,as his father is on the board as well.

Sorry but all of the college going, courtships/marriages to fundie royalty, getting their own tv show, and Gil being appointed to the IBLP/ATI BoD all in a short period of time? Not a coincidence, nope, not at all.

And yeah, I'm sounding like a broken record.

Hey, lets give Zach some credit-- he didn't marry fundy royalty--he met his wife on his own at the Sonic Drive-In! :)

And yeah, it sounds like Erin has worked hard giving piano lessons over the years, and continues to do so (good for her).

Kelly also stated recently that Michael (aka Michaella, whatever) continues to have a full-time babysitting job. She's been doing that for a couple of years. Its nice that some Fundy SAHD daughters are capable of working or studying, and courting/planning a wedding at the same time. (Unlike her sister Alyssa--and the J'Slaves--and most mainstream women). She seems to be a solid, capable young woman.

With one broken courtship to a member of ATI Royalty, I'm not sure Zach was even eligible in the upper-crust ATI circles anymore. He may not be spoiled goods, but those girls can do better than someone's courtship castoff and they know it. Plus, I'd never date my friend's ex for personal reasons (I would find it weird), and these girls all know each other.

Broken courtships may go over easier on the boys than the girls, but no one ever really makes a splendid match after them. Everyone we see with a broken courtship ends up marrying someone from out of the inner circle like Whit or Elissa.

Hey, lets give Zach some credit-- he didn't marry fundy royalty--he met his wife on his own at the Sonic Drive-In! :)

And yeah, it sounds like Erin has worked hard giving piano lessons over the years, and continues to do so (good for her).

Kelly also stated recently that Michael (aka Michaella, whatever) continues to have a full-time babysitting job. She's been doing that for a couple of years. Its nice that some Fundy SAHD daughters are capable of working or studying, and courting/planning a wedding at the same time. (Unlike her sister Alyssa--and the J'Slaves--and most mainstream women). She seems to be a solid, capable young woman.

Alyssa worked at a flower shop since she was 16. If I'm not mistaken, she continued working there even while planning her wedding, unlike Erin who look a semester off school to plan hers. I believe Kelly said in comments somewhere that working near flowers helped give her inspiration while planning so she didn't want to stop. I personally think Alyssa was just :angry-banghead: in her house and needed some working hours to get out daily.

Kelly has also said that all of her children go to work on their own. It seems like the Bates children, male or female, are expected to make some sort of monetary contribution by a certain age by either an outside job, or working for the tree business.

Alyssa worked at a flower shop since she was 16. If I'm not mistaken, she continued working there even while planning her wedding, unlike Erin who look a semester off school to plan hers. I believe Kelly said in comments somewhere that working near flowers helped give her inspiration while planning so she didn't want to stop. I personally think Alyssa was just :angry-banghead: in her house and needed some working hours to get out daily.

Kelly has also said that all of her children go to work on their own. It seems like the Bates children, male or female, are expected to make some sort of monetary contribution by a certain age by either an outside job, or working for the tree business.

Also remember Kelly saying something about Alyssa working as Gil's secretary.

I don't only see it as a "monetary contribution", but they get to get out of the house without the constant chaperoning, they get to choose a job they enjoy, they're good at, and that they can continue later on so they can, really, contribute to their OWN household, and spend on their children or * GASP * themselves.

They are motivated to work, and they can always get back to work to make ends meet.

I don't know how serious they are about the women being broodmares and pop out insane amount of children, but hopefully they'll be content with 3-5 children so they can truly enjoy them, allow them to be kids, and have a decent amount of income from both parents to cover their expenses.

Piano teaching and other sort of tutoring can be done at home and maybe Alyssan can start her own flower business (albeit I doubt they'll every need Alyssa's income).

Talking about modesty, another (former? pascolife.blogspot.com but nothing new there) friend of the Bateses got married these days.

One of the Roberts girls, their instagram names are @daisyflower5 and @normaann01.

They make fun of each other (in a good way), do sports, wear sleeveless tops and pants - aaaand, lo and behold, go for pre-wedding-full-frontal-hugs -->

10488735_504717926295149_259259784_n.jpg

Talking about modesty, another (former? pascolife.blogspot.com but nothing new there) friend of the Bateses got married these days.

One of the Roberts girls, their instagram names are @daisyflower5 and @normaann01.

They make fun of each other (in a good way), do sports, wear sleeveless tops and pants - aaaand, lo and behold, go for pre-wedding-full-frontal-hugs -->

There's a separate thread about Norma Roberts' wedding, a bunch of us follow them a lot:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23239

(not breaking because it's FJ!)

I agree,I would love to see Jana at Crown College,learning more about the harp and music,and perhaps Jimger,learning more about piano like Erin did.

Jana would not even have to go as far as Crown. There's Blessed Hope Baptist College in Benton- http://bhbcbenton.com - and better known (in IFB circles anyway!) Champion Baptist- http://championbaptist.org - in Hot Springs. Both would be about a 3 hour drive, so I guess she might need to stay on campus if she were taking classes more than 2 days a week, but it would be doable.

Heck, I'd like to see a Duggarling at Oral Roberts U in Tulsa--only 2 hours away. They could easily come home every weekend to help with the howlers. But yeah, I'd love to see Jana or Jinger sleeping in Erin & Alyssa's old beds & attending Crown. And maybe Carlin and Tori could give Jinger makeup tips so she will stop overdosing with the spray tan.

Heck, I'd like to see a Duggarling at Oral Roberts U in Tulsa--only 2 hours away. They could easily come home every weekend to help with the howlers. But yeah, I'd love to see Jana or Jinger sleeping in Erin & Alyssa's old beds & attending Crown. And maybe Carlin and Tori could give Jinger makeup tips so she will stop overdosing with the spray tan.

Oral Roberts is charismatic not Baptist.

Employment still doesn't mean anything. Those are Gothard approved jobs for single fundie girl. So, the the older Bates ladies working isn't surprising. That still doesn't negate the fact that Gil was appointed to the IBLP/ATI BoD and 3 of their daughters married to and courting fundie royalty in such a short period of time.

As for Crown college...both Gil and Kelly attended college,so it makes sense they would send their kids to a fundie college. JB and Michelle Duggar never attended college and married right after high school.

Well she definitely doesn't look pregnant in that photo, so hopefully not. Maybe Kelly's finally pregnant with #20.

Well she definitely doesn't look pregnant in that photo, so hopefully not. Maybe Kelly's finally pregnant with #20.

That would be sad and interesting at the same time. :popcorn2: She still looks fertile and younger than her years, while Michelle just looks like an over-tanned husk these days.

i find it amusing that someone mentioned there's little way that kelly could be pregnant, because she's said she's sure her baby days are over. this woman has birthed 19 children, in the past which means she's very fertile and uses no contraception, i think there's a huge chance she's pregnant again.

Archived