IGNORED

Bates Updates - Part 2

BirthingGodsWarriors

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That wedding dress is to die for! I wouldn't mind wearing something similar when the day comes.

Did I see a Duggar boy in the pics? Wonder what he (they?) thought of the defrauding women in strapless, above-the-knee dresses?

Are the Arndt boys any good at pics? anyone know.not that I plan to hire them,jw.

If you watch the on youtube the episode Destin-ation wedding, it seems like the Arndt boys have some photography (and even scientific) knowledge. It shows them going to the venue and different sites the day before and testing the lighting (they have two of the brothers stand in for the bride and groom). They do test pictures and video and plan for weather conditions. You also get 3 or more brother taking picture and video for one price. It seems like the Ardnt boys are as naïve as can be have fun with the guests and bridal party and don't seem to have a bunch of obvious rules for the weddings. While I would not choose either, if I had to the Ardnt team seems far above Chris Maxwell.

Carlin is really quite beautiful. All the bates girls are good looking, but she is especially striking.

i agree. And i'm guessing she's on Cooper Dauer's short list. :? (based on family visits and photos from this summer)

re: united bates of america premieres their new season on january 1st on the UP channel.

i'm going out on a limb and saying kelly is pregnant with #20 and that's why their show has been picked up again.

re: united bates of america premieres their new season on january 1st on the UP channel.

i'm going out on a limb and saying kelly is pregnant with #20 and that's why their show has been picked up again.

I really hope she's not pregnant again. they seem to barely be able to feed the children they already have.

i agree. And i'm guessing she's on Cooper Dauer's short list. :? (based on family visits and photos from this summer)

:ew: :ew: :ew:

What a creep. I hope that none of these girls fall for him, because he's trying way too hard. He's the type of guy who casts his net wide to see what he drags in and grabs the one that looks best in pictures. I doubt he really cares about the actual girl. I feel like he's shopping for women as a replacement for not being able to shop for colleges.

:ew: :ew: :ew:

What a creep. I hope that none of these girls fall for him, because he's trying way too hard. He's the type of guy who casts his net wide to see what he drags in and grabs the one that looks best in pictures. I doubt he really cares about the actual girl. I feel like he's shopping for women as a replacement for not being able to shop for colleges.

he definitely gives off the vibe of "you're all privileged to be near his royal highness" :lol: And his parents are so strange. I think she's safe from him, but you never know, with the Bates probably needing to marry off their kids to lighten the load.

I really hope she's not pregnant again. they seem to barely be able to feed the children they already have.

I doubt it. With all that's been going on in the Bateses' life, there's enough stuff to focus their show on. Kelly has also made it pretty clear that she assumes her pregnant days are over. The Duggars have become SO damn fake that people find it almost refreshing to watch the Bateses' show. At least I'd do so. I'd choose the Bateses over the Duggars anytime, in any respect. Well, maybe not the religious doctrine, cause they're neck and neck on that one...

I do, however, cut the Bateses some slack for their interaction with their kids.

A hell of a lot better than Christopher Maxwell. I wouldn't say I've been blown away by their portfolio (I hate black and white photos with specific items colored in with the passion of a thousand blazing suns) but their stuff looks professional and they keep up with photography trends, same with their wedding videos. They also seem to photograph all types of weddings; I'd say the vast majority are of mainstream couples.

I'll be giving you a reference in AYTFJIMM, cause that's probably the ONE big thing annoying me ever since digital photo manipulation has been around...

Did some research on the UP network. It stands for Uplifting Entertainment, and it is a Christian broadcasting group. Their most "controversial" show that they air is 7th Heaven and they have weekly gosepl contests.

Believe it or not this actually makes me more inclinced to watch the show if I can get the network. Being a Christian broadcasting network, they have a very specific target demographic and don't have to "appeal to all" like the Duggars have to on TLC. I'd venture to say that they'll show a lot more/ be more honest about the Bates's beliefs and practices, as they don't have to worry about being controversial.

If anyone were to look at my posts you'd see that I have a bit of a soft spot for the Bates, I can't help thinking that their just nice, down home people who actually love each other and think their lifestyle truly works for them. I think they're more real and more accepting than the Duggars by a long shot. I'd be interested to see how this show affects my opinion.

Personally, I think many people who think the Bateses are more likeable will be in for a rude awakening. UP is a Christian entertainment channel. UP won't downplay or white wash the religion like TLC does for the Duggars. I have a strange feeling IBLP has something to do with UP picking up "United Bates of America.

Personally, I think many people who think the Bateses are more likeable will be in for a rude awakening. UP is a Christian entertainment channel. UP won't downplay or white wash the religion like TLC does for the Duggars. I have a strange feeling IBLP has something to do with UP picking up "United Bates of America.

Oh, fully expecting the rude awakening. I'm glad the network isn't going to downplay, that means they aren't lying like the Duggars.

What I found interesting about Thomas Paine & his new wife Dakota is, according to his blog and his family's blog, they met while "serving" at the Gothard mothership outside Chicago. Thomas has posted that he basically doesn't agree with everything Gothard. And Dakota actually is wearing shorts in some of the engagement pics on his blog: constant-survival.blogspot.com/

So they may have both taken a big swig of the Gothard koolaid, but they may have spit some out.

Do you think some of the Duggar howler monkeys yelled "Nike" when the strapless bridesmaid dress came down the aisle?

I LOVE the Bates kids. Kelly is little unhinged and Gil is your typical no-working fundie father. The kids all seem awesome and I hope they all make it out from their family okay. Fly away little birds! :D

Gil may be a grifter extraordinaire, and may not be able to earn enough to support his litter of chilluns, but I think its unfair to call him a "no-working fundie." He has a tree service, and I am not aware of any evidence that he doesn't work hard at it, or is bad at it. Just because you are self-employed doesn't mean that you don't work hard, nor does it mean that you can't earn enough to suuport a **normal** sized family of humans. I am sure it isn't intended, but a number of posters here continue to say that Gil doesn't "have a job"--which is a bit insulting to plumbers, electricians, contractors, etc.

Gil may be a grifter extraordinaire, and may not be able to earn enough to support his litter of chilluns, but I think its unfair to call him a "no-working fundie." He has a tree service, and I am not aware of any evidence that he doesn't work hard at it, or is bad at it. Just because you are self-employed doesn't mean that you don't work hard, nor does it mean that you can't earn enough to suuport a **normal** sized family of humans. I am sure it isn't intended, but a number of posters here continue to say that Gil doesn't "have a job"--which is a bit insulting to plumbers, electricians, contractors, etc.

I agree! What he lacks are benefits like healthcare and retirement plans that people with jobs get. I know lots of self employed folks who do very very well at earning money from thinks like yard work. Normally, the other spouse holds a job to have health insurance, but others self-fund their care thru savings. I don't think Gil Bates is at all lazy. His way of life may not be mine, but he seems to have a strong work ethic to me.

Did some research on the UP network. It stands for Uplifting Entertainment, and it is a Christian broadcasting group. Their most "controversial" show that they air is 7th Heaven and they have weekly gosepl contests.

Believe it or not this actually makes me more inclinced to watch the show if I can get the network. Being a Christian broadcasting network, they have a very specific target demographic and don't have to "appeal to all" like the Duggars have to on TLC. I'd venture to say that they'll show a lot more/ be more honest about the Bates's beliefs and practices, as they don't have to worry about being controversial.

If anyone were to look at my posts you'd see that I have a bit of a soft spot for the Bates, I can't help thinking that their just nice, down home people who actually love each other and think their lifestyle truly works for them. I think they're more real and more accepting than the Duggars by a long shot. I'd be interested to see how this show affects my opinion.

I went over to the Bates family blog for the first time in a couple of months. I saw that two more of their kids are currently attending Crown College. As much as FJers snark on the place, it is a vast improvement over anything the Duggars have done for their adult children. I keep thinking of poor Josiah stuck at ALERT training camp for months on end!

I agree,I would love to see Jana at Crown College,learning more about the harp and music,and perhaps Jimger,learning more about piano like Erin did.

Jessa Jill and Joy don't strike me as being interested in anything there,but I could be wrong.At least they should have been offered the chance.'

Would love to see Jinger in a prof. photography school as well.

Jill would have made an excellent nurse,but too late for that now,as she has chosen her route.

I think all of the girls would have done well at Cosmetology or Culinary Arts school.

They could have opened a day care or nanny service as well,but I would feel for them on that,as they have done nothing but care for yonger siblings all their life.

Maybe even a cleaning biz? Again,said same though.They've spent most of their lives taking care of mom n dad's house.

I went over to the Bates family blog for the first time in a couple of months. I saw that two more of their kids are currently attending Crown College. As much as FJers snark on the place, it is a vast improvement over anything the Duggars have done for their adult children. I keep thinking of poor Josiah stuck at ALERT training camp for months on end!

All courtesy of IBLP. Just another perk of being on the BoD, along with marrying 2 of your daughter off to fundie royalty (with deep pockets) and another daughter to what seems like fundie royalty.

Perks of being on the IBLP BoD. Along with marrying 2 of your daughters off to fundie royalty with money, and another daughter courting someone who seems to be fundie royalty. Am I the only one seeing a pattern here with the Bates family?

As for Crown College, it's probably a better choice than Gothard HQ. I'm assuming they will need chaperones just like Erin did. I see this as nothing but matchmaking rather than taking a interest in their kids' education. Count me as unimpressed.

As for Gil's business, there are a lot of factors that go into how successful it is: competition by larger companies, companies with cheaper prices, etc. He was making a good living working at Nabisco. Now he's cutting trees for Jesus, and is a puppet and parrot for a religious cult. And yes, I believe he is a grifter and feels entitled.

As for Kelly, she had to be more involved with her kids. Her boy to girl ratio didn't provide her with 4 sister moms in a row early on. Kelly's education doesn't impress me either. She threw that out the window when she married Gil and started homeschooling Gothard style. That sinister grin on her face gives me the impression she is just as as bad as Michelle Duggar.

Sorry, but I don't have a sweet spot for the Bateses, Duggars, or any other batshit crazy fundie family. I see families just like this (except for the quiverfull) every single day. Beneath those happy smiling faces lie something crazy, abusive, and God only knows what else.

I'm with RosyDaisy, the Bates are as bad as the Duggars. Never, ever forget that Gil is on the board of ATI. Only true believers get those spots. His daughter had a chance to go to a REAL college (University of Tennessee) on scholarship, to be able to study with real professors of music, and Gil said NO. He is a lazy grifter to the core. He gave up a real job with real benefits to cut trees with equipment donated to him. He uses his underaged sons as his business workforce. Do you suppose he actually pays them a wage? Everything he has, from his van to his home upgrades, were donated to him. His sons slept in an airless attic. His 19 year old daughter with no skills to her name is married. Kelly is a baby addict just like Michelle. Big deal she can be bothered to interact with them once they are weaned unlike Michelle.

Don't be fooled. They are selling the same poison as the Duggars.

I'm with RosyDaisy, the Bates are as bad as the Duggars. Never, ever forget that Gil is on the board of ATI. Only true believers get those spots. His daughter had a chance to go to a REAL college (University of Tennessee) on scholarship, to be able to study with real professors of music, and Gil said NO. He is a lazy grifter to the core. He gave up a real job with real benefits to cut trees with equipment donated to him. He uses his underaged sons as his business workforce. Do you suppose he actually pays them a wage? Everything he has, from his van to his home upgrades, were donated to him. His sons slept in an airless attic. His 19 year old daughter with no skills to her name is married. Kelly is a baby addict just like Michelle. Big deal she can be bothered to interact with them once they are weaned unlike Michelle.

Don't be fooled. They are selling the same poison as the Duggars.

I can't get over the fact that they took money and not just a little but a lot of money from Lawson to buy grocery's and pay bills. I highly doubt Lawson ever saw a penny of that money again. I don't think they can say they are debt free when they owe a debt to their child.

Yes to all and poor Erin doesn't even realize that despite grad. w honors,her unaccredited degree means nothing in the real world.

Are ya'll saying that because GIl is on the board,CC is paid for by them?

I would presume Gil gets some sort of salary for being on the board?

Archived