IGNORED

Bates Updates - Part 2

BirthingGodsWarriors

I know Happy Atheist usually does the switch to a new part once we have reared into the 45 page count, but I figure since I started the original thread it would be ok if I moved it. Mods please correct me if I am wrong and feel free to start a new thread.

The first Bates Updates thread can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21555

We last left off on a rousing discussion about the Bates v. the Duggars, how Erin Bates Pain styles her hair and Nathaniel Bedford Forrest (wow) continue...

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you guys who didn't know who Nathan Bedford Forrest was ever see Forrest Gump? Nathan Bedford Forrest was Forrest Gump's namesake and ancestor. There was a little moment near the start of the movie where Tom Hanks was dressed up as NB Forrest and said that NB liked to dress their horses up in sheets. Or something. It's been a while I saw the movie.

I actually thought of this in my post above, but figured Gil and Kelly wouldn't have seen the movie....they were in fundieland by then (1994).

Zach N Whit's Instagram has a photo of Zach's last meeting as county commissioner. Since he ran for Mayor and lost, his term on the county council is ending--no more paychecks from that, however small. I assume Whit quit her part time job at the Sonic a while ago.

How many growing families can the Bates family tree trimming service support? We also believe that Zach and Whitney are renting their house, so he has to make rent each month. Plus feed the dog! Can Lawson's lawn service really support a future family? So many financial questions!!

IIRC, Zach was working at a scrap metal yard. Better hang onto that job, Zach.

Hope Lawson doesn't get roped into making more "loans".

I don't suppose there will be any chance of Whit going back to Sonic, even if they really need the money? Of course not. Now this is why fundies shouldn't run for office- they lose and then have no job :roll: Good planning folks.

Whit also has a degree in medical billing which she could do from home if she wanted to. But in all likelihood she will never work again.

IIRC, Zach was working at a scrap metal yard. Better hang onto that job, Zach.

Hope Lawson doesn't get roped into making more "loans".

Wasn't that Chad? Or am I really misremembering?

Chad's blog says:

I have been working at Noble metals, managing the office, as well other side construction jobs. The Lord has blessed me with a great employer and I enjoy working with him.

And as for Zach, Kelly says in her blog:

Kelly May 13, 2014 at 2:48 am

Dear Elena,

Right now he has returned to work for the metal fabrication company he previously worked for. Love, Kelly

No, it was Lawson loaning Gil money. For food. For his kids. That he cannot afford.

Zach & Chad both work at the scrap metal place.

RE: Commentary in the last thread about Chad vs. Ben, I think Ben goes overboard with his shows of affection (and treacle) because he is more of an outsider and has more to prove, IMHO. Chad is part of fundie royalty and therefore was already steeped in the ATI tradition and quite the catch - whereas Ben seemed to come from out of nowhere (was it ever determined how he and Jessa met?). Ben is also clearly playing for the cameras (and People, and Instagram) already, whereas Chad doesn't have that sort of spotlight on him long term (just the wedding). Of course it's also true that Chad is older and had somewhat more life experience, but coming from his prominent ATI family he was probably expected to be mature and responsible at an earlier age anyway.

Also, viewing the post about Chad & Erin and their friends Brett & Kelsey, it must be quite bittersweet for them that their friends will be having a baby soon, probably close to Cherin's own due date. They seem to be making the most of their time just as a couple (or at least putting a brave face on it for the public), but it still must hurt a little, since they were probably excited to know they were expecting at the same time as close friends (and fellow church members will dote on their friends' new baby). Hopefully they will be able to have a baby of their own soon (personally I am all for couples getting through their first married year child-free to just get used to being married), but in their world it must be crushing to have to wait (David Waller's brother Adam's account of waiting nine months into marriage to learn his wife Valerie was expecting came across as quite wistful). Of course as many have speculated, Erin may be pregnant again already, so maybe they can be truly happy for their friends...

Ben met Jessa thru church,for which I think he had to put in a request via email for JB to approve of his family coming to their ultra private invite only homechurch.I think he said he saw Jessa on the show and was quite smitten with her and wanted to meet her.Almost a stalker like thing?

I think Ben's family lives about 3 hours away,so that's quite a drive just for church.Heck, that would be a trip to the beach around here!

No, it was Lawson loaning Gil money. For food. For his kids. That he cannot afford.

Sorry, I was unclear, I meant about the metal yard.

Also, viewing the post about Chad & Erin and their friends Brett & Kelsey, it must be quite bittersweet for them that their friends will be having a baby soon, probably close to Cherin's own due date. They seem to be making the most of their time just as a couple (or at least putting a brave face on it for the public), but it still must hurt a little, since they were probably excited to know they were expecting at the same time as close friends (and fellow church members will dote on their friends' new baby). Hopefully they will be able to have a baby of their own soon (personally I am all for couples getting through their first married year child-free to just get used to being married), but in their world it must be crushing to have to wait (David Waller's brother Adam's account of waiting nine months into marriage to learn his wife Valerie was expecting came across as quite wistful). Of course as many have speculated, Erin may be pregnant again already, so maybe they can be truly happy for their friends...

I am definitely on the Erin already pregnant wagon, because they keep cropping her midsection out of photos. When was the last time we saw Erin's belly in a photo? Alyssa's wedding maybe? That was months ago now.

Zach & Chad both work at the scrap metal place.

This is what I remember, both of them work there.

As far as Whit working from home in medical billing, typically one starts out working in a office getting experience before getting a work from home gig. I have a medical billing certificate and it's gotten highly competitve, at least in my area. Many of the folks I took classes with wanted to work from home but instructors were pretty clear that experience in a setting such as a doctor's office is necessary first. It might be different in her area though.

Ben met Jessa thru church,for which I think he had to put in a request via email for JB to approve of his family coming to their ultra private invite only homechurch.I think he said he saw Jessa on the show and was quite smitten with her and wanted to meet her.Almost a stalker like thing?

I think Ben's family lives about 3 hours away,so that's quite a drive just for church.Heck, that would be a trip to the beach around here!

Just got me thinking about this one:

900x900px-LL-a9821a3a_image.jpeg

According to an article in this weeks Oak Ridge paper,

Zach was making $537 a month as a County Commissioner. Not enough to live on, but it buys a lot of groceries and diapers, especially in East Tennessee.

http://oakridgetoday.com/tag/anderson-c ... ommission/

Anderson County Commission to consider pay raise proposal tonight

Posted at 9:40 am August 18, 2014

By John Huotari 5 Comments

They haven’t had a raise in more than two decades, and on Monday night, Anderson County commissioners will consider whether to approve a salary increase for the new commission that starts in September.

Commissioners now receive $537.59 per month, or $6,451 each year. That’s what they’ve earned since Fiscal Year 1995-96.

Whit also has a degree in medical billing which she could do from home if she wanted to. But in all likelihood she will never work again.

There is no way that I would ever hire someone like her to do my medical billing. She might have a degree but she has no relevant work experience that I am aware of. I don't know about the US but in Canada billing can be tricky and it is easy to make a mistake or not follow up on a missed billing. This requires a person's full attention and some solid experience. The women who do my billing (also the billings of the rest of the radiologists I work with) do this as a full time job - not some part time - do in your spare time sort of work. When would someone like Whit find the time to do billing properly - if she also has to run the household, do childcare, teach homeschool etc. In the exhausted hour or two before she goes to bed?

So yeah, I don't think this is going to be much of an income stream for them.

Just got me thinking about this one:

900x900px-LL-a9821a3a_image.jpeg

Offtopic, but I think that Mirror article is really irresponsible (I think it's the Mirror). I expect better from them. Other stalkery people will probably read the outcome of that story and use it to justify their own creepy behaviour. "Oh well it worked, didn't it! It was obviously meant to be!"

Sorry, just had to get that rant off my chest. Back to snarking as usual.

Ok--so Zach has a "job" and Chad has a 'job" but the rest of the Bates work for Dad or Lawson? I think that the Bates are possibly being helped with "love offerings" by the ATI/IBLP wealthy--I imagine that the short-lived tv show paid whatever they still owed on the hospital births (and I am GLAD they went to the hospital) and finished off the house. It is hard to remember that they don't owe on a mortgage or a car, let alone a credit card, so they have to buy food, clothing and utilities. I imagine they still get bags of clothing dropped off from fans. Probably Erin buys some stuff for the little kids too. I wonder if they have a garden--they seem like that would be do-able to them, unlike to the Duggars.

I know Michael and Erin had paid work (child care and piano) I wonder if any of the other girls do similar things now?

I have never heard of a degree in medical billing (coding). Certification-yes. Degree-no.

When I was in the medical billing program, it was a certificate only. The degree was in Health Information Technology which includes more advanced coding but also medical records management. So more involved than just billing. Some of my classmates got the certificate, then continued on with the degree.

Archived