IGNORED

Bates Updates - Part 2

BirthingGodsWarriors

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i think out of all the older bates kids, alyssa and carlin are the ones who will probably go fundie-lite.

We used to have a pretty reliable Bates insider who posted here a few times and she/he said that Alyssa and Trace (and maybe Nathan?) were the most likely to leave fundiedom. Erin and Lawson were pegged as ones who would definitely stay.

I find it odd that Alyssa isn't included in the family photo on her father in law's campaign website: www.electwebster.com/

I guess they shot the photo before the wedding.

You know the Duggars would have photoshopped her countenance in there!

I'm pretty surprised that under the "issues" tab on congressman webster's page there is nothing about abortion or "traditional family". Obviously I know they're pro life and anti- equality but it is interesting to see that it wasn't listed. I feel like usually these fundie campaigns consist of basically: "vote for me! I believe in Jesus. I believe in family" (whatever the f*** that means). At least he outlined his stances well*

*disclaimer: I probably care about that more than most of free Jinger considering I'm a moderate republican. I'm with the percentage that really hopes that the party gets with the times on social issues and finds some way... Any way... To oust these tea partiers ruining the party

I find it odd that Alyssa isn't included in the family photo on her father in law's campaign website: http://www.electwebster.com/

I guess they shot the photo before the wedding.

You know the Duggars would have photoshopped her countenance in there!

and only her countenance :lol: poor Josiah in the last big Duggar family lineup.

I thought the same thing when I saw that picture. Her face does look different. I'm still hoping she'll go fundie lite at least. She as good as said in that ABC thing that she was definitely NOT going to have more than 10 kids, and, Alyssa, if you get married at 19 there's really only a couple ways to prevent that if you don't want to be abstinent...

They just put up a post about Brandon and Michael. He just turned 25. I guess he likes to send her a lot of sentimental stuff....

....including a letter cutout that says Love BM....I swear these fundies....

I had quite the laugh at the picture of him hauling her up out of the well. What on earth? :lol: All those sappy photos with the designs and words and so on, I have (adult, middle-aged) relatives who post crap like that on Facebook all the time, and it always makes me cringe - but I guess I'm just not a very sentimental person. I'm glad they seem happy, anyway. Brandon is cute, and if Kelly's telling the truth he's a nice guy and hopefully will be a good husband.

I do have to say this though they really have to stop messing with Micheal's name they gave her a boys name everyone knows that but spelling it Michealla or however they sometimes spell it is just stupid.

I think Brandon & Michael's pics are adorkable. I love the hauling her out of the well. They seem well suited for each other. I might roll my eyes a bit at his cutsy care packages, but can you imagine someone like John David Duggar doing that>

At this rate, looks like they won't get hitched until she's 25. Kelly said that they have to wait until he graduates seminary in November, and then "save up for a while." Good for them.

Did you all notice that some one posted "So sweet!! Can't wait to hear about pregnancy news ;)" on Alyssa's Instagram? It sounds like a friend, not a leghumper.

That girl was def just a fan and is hoping for an announcement soon. Alyssa isnt following her. Also if she was a friend she wouldn't publicly spill the beans before Alyssa does.

Happy for Michael.

Sorry but Webster looks like Jim-Bob. Squiggs me out every time.

So I was about to comment "YES!" because I misread this as "Sorry but Webster looks like SPONGEBOB" and I had a moment of thinking that was the perfect way to describe him - square-headed, wide-eyed, and goofy. Anyone else?

Why isn't the happy couple allowed to write their own post? The way Kelly writes about adult Michael(la)'s relationship like she's a young child having a tea party or something is so annoying. It's all about how mom can choose to write the things she wants to so you know she's still in charge.

Kelly has said that she goes by both Michael and Michaella. I can't really fault them for that... seems kind of like interchangeably calling your daughter 'Alex' and 'Alexandra'. Pretty normal.

I noticed a comment on the Bates' blog about a name. Have Zach and Whitney chosen and announced a name for the baby-she's due next month, isn't she? The name the commenter said she loved was Bardley. Bardley Bates? I am really hoping she misspelled Bradley.

I just saw the couples update... I am not a mushy person and really not very sentimental but those two really are cute.

That's sweet how he makes all of that stuff for her! That's a cute couple... I'd be much more interested in watching their relationship than the Dillards at the current moment.

Archived