IGNORED

Bates Updates - Part 2

BirthingGodsWarriors

You'all forgot that Gil is a preacher man now! I don't know how much he is making, but wouldn't be surprised if his salary isn't at least a thousand a month if not more. Seems like the church isn't doing that bad. Has anyone attended his church yet?

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Speaking of Lawson and Joy, wasn't there an Instagram pic posted here a few months ago with them in it? And didn't Anna comment on it "the make a cute couple" or something like that?

There has been some talk of it but I can't remember seeing an actual picture or link. I just scrolled through the Duggar's, Bates', Anna's and Lawson's instagrams and couldn't see a comment (from Anna) on the couple of pictures that Lawson and Joy were in together. So if it was there it was probably taken down. The leghumpers were all over those pictures about them though.

Yes, she said something like "maybe 6 or 8, or maayybe 10?" And the way she said it plus how she talked about loving her family but really enjoying privacy and alone time makes me doubt she'd get to 6. If she truly plans to "leave it up to god" and isn't just saying that to get Kelly off her back she's going to have a rude awakening. She can't refuse to use birth control and then say she doesn't want above a certain number of kids.

I find it INSANE that 5 or 6 kids is a small family. I have 3 myself and my hands are full. Of course I am a newly single mom and my kids are all 6 and under, but still.. I love my kids but I would lose my shit if I had one every year or two. :angry-banghead:

I find it INSANE that 5 or 6 kids is a small family. I have 3 myself and my hands are full. Of course I am a newly single mom and my kids are all 6 and under, but still.. I love my kids but I would lose my shit if I had one every year or two. :angry-banghead:

That's exactly what my mum says about having four!

For anyone who might not have seen it already, this is Alyssas wedding special from ABC:

Part 1: http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/family- ... d=24508676

Part 2: http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/video/w ... on=1206833

This whole "whatever the Lord will give us" reminds me of some youtube Amish crap I watched a while back... there was this Amish guy who left the community, sold vegetables on the side of the road, but refused to put up signs that said "fresh produce right here!!!" or whatever, because if God wants him to succeed, he doesn't need advertisement.... *facepalm*

Possible Bates--Maxwell meeting? The Maxwells will start their new "tour" within easy driving distance of the Bates. They say they are visiting "friends....." Any other top-of=line Quiverfull folks near Cooksville, TN?

That's exactly what my mum says about having four!

Here, growing up four was considered a large family! With four kids everyone always assumed that we were a 'yours, mine and ours' family. My sisters are fraternal twins and I am 7 years younger than my brother and 10 years younger than my sisters. God knows what people would have thought of the Bateses and Duggars.

Here, growing up four was considered a large family! With four kids everyone always assumed that we were a 'yours, mine and ours' family. My sisters are fraternal twins and I am 7 years younger than my brother and 10 years younger than my sisters. God knows what people would have thought of the Bateses and Duggars.

Oh yeah, Mum's been on the receiving end of those assumptions too. She raised us alone from 1990, after our dad bailed, and she told me later about getting disapproving looks from strangers in the supermarket if one of us was misbehaving - not that we were particularly naughty kids, but me and my younger brother were too young at the time to appreciate we'd be showing her up if we did! (the two older boys were nine and 10 by then). And yes, she was also asked a couple of times if all four of us had the same father. Luckily she had the strength to be able to say "What's it to you?" But some people have got no manners at all and will ask the rudest, most personal questions.

I think Lawson did it so he could give the fundy young ladies a thrill with his wet clinging tshirt. :?

Not just the fundies :pink-shock: I watched it twice.

It's weird that Alyssa has gone quiet. I also noticed Erin hadn't replied to any comments on their blog. Normally she replies a lot.

Not just the fundies :pink-shock: I watched it twice.

It's weird that Alyssa has gone quiet. I also noticed Erin hadn't replied to any comments on their blog. Normally she replies a lot.

Alyssa and hubby are likely at it like rabbits when she isn't off shopping incognito in jeans!

Erin--maybe she's pregnant and on bed rest to stay that way?

OR they may both have discovered real life and don't need fans :) (I hope so for their happiness).

Alyssa and hubby are likely at it like rabbits when she isn't off shopping incognito in jeans!

OR they may both have discovered real life and don't need fans :) (I hope so for their happiness).

I think Alyssa has gone rogue. I'm just waiting for her to post a picture on IG of her in pants.

Not sure about Alyssa but I believe Erin may be pregnant. Doubt she'd be on bed rest though since her miscarriage was just the result of an embryo (yes I said embryo, not baby) not developing properly and nothing to do with her ability to carry a baby. I think they're just busy living their lives and not aware that we're eager for info.

It appears Zach and Whit just had their baby shower. They had it at HER parents house, which is pretty cool, since they are a little more liberal. They just went to a water park in real bathing suits for goodness sake.

Here are some pics from their public instagram, lakleeomemorial

914491_281111545424108_378613523_n.jpg

10533270_724017121020518_2107739137_n.jpg

10661077_825136854185799_995441007_n.jpg

A few days before:

927419_692670694136793_212070960_n.jpg

OH and they (Whits parents)have this picture of their....house? Is that a heart shaped jacuzzi in their....bedroom? ROCK ON

891449_318868818272621_1359274487_n.jpg

It appears Zach and Whit just had their baby shower. They had it at HER parents house, which is pretty cool, since they are a little more liberal. They just went to a water park in real bathing suits for goodness sake.

Here are some pics from their public instagram, lakleeomemorial

914491_281111545424108_378613523_n.jpg

10533270_724017121020518_2107739137_n.jpg

10661077_825136854185799_995441007_n.jpg

A few days before:

927419_692670694136793_212070960_n.jpg

OH and they (Whits parents)have this picture of their....house? Is that a heart shaped jacuzzi in their....bedroom? ROCK ON

891449_318868818272621_1359274487_n.jpg

That heart shaped tub is in their HOUSE??????

goodness....I figured Erin would be waddling around with a large,pregnant belly by the time Whit had her baby shower.But I was wrongI I think they will have one soon enough though.It seems they are enjoying their child free life for now,as they should. :)

The candle falling at Alyssa and John's wedding cracked me up! Glad they have a sense of humor :)

lawsonbates.com/media/

I'm glad she's not, because I think it'll be good for them to have this time alone together to get used to marriage, but I also hope it isn't a source of pain for her.

Even if it turns out it's just a year, I'm glad that Erin and Chad have gotten the time to get to know each other without having a baby in the mix. I think they are really enjoying it and living it up. On another note, Erin looks so much happier and relaxed than she did right after her wedding. She has a more mature vibe to her, too. It seems like she's really settled into married life.

Chad and Erin are absolutely adorable. I think jays pretty indisputable. They're the kind of couple thati think would be together even if they weren't fundies. They truly seem to encourage each other's hobbies and want each other to succeed.

Hurray for Whit's mom for wearing capri pants at the baby shower. And for Chad wearing long shorts on vacation. I do kinda hope Chad & Erin get pregnant again in the next few months--she'd be having her 1st baby at age 24, I think.

Archived