IGNORED

Bates Updates - Part 2

BirthingGodsWarriors

I'll pay you a million dollars to upload the episodes online! I still haven't seen them because I don't have UPtv.

It's a copyright violation so best to check with a helpmeet before you discuss or post it here.

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually contacted UPTV and asked them if there were any way to get the episodes, whether they would consider selling it to those who can't get UPTv. Would have been nice if they actually got back to me!

For the doubters: jeans and no sleeves.

Kelly has said time and time again she does not mind if her girls decided to wear pants but her requirement for sleeves stands.

With that said, Alyssa would no doubt wear skirts and sleeves when she's home with her parents. But when she's not - GO ALYSSA, GO!

In the picture of John and Alyssa where she is wearing the ruffled blue shirt, what is that dark mark on Alyssa' s right wrist? If this was a picture of another young woman I would just assume it's part of a small tattoo on the inside of her wrist. Does anybody else see the dark mark?

***I had hoped the attachment with the picture would come through when I quoted the post. Sorry to make you have to go back a page to look.***

Random thought-- do you think there is any chance that Alyssa and Jessa collaborated to be photographed in pants/leggings at roughly the same time, to kind of jointly share the shock? An "I will if you will" type situation?

What I think is most significant is that Alyssa choose to be professionally photographed in jeans & a sleeveless top. Not just a random candid shot-- a photo meant to be shared & framed & hung on family walls. She deliberately picked out that outfit beforehand.

Too me, that is a real statement.

Random thought-- do you think there is any chance that Alyssa and Jessa collaborated to be photographed in pants/leggings at roughly the same time, to kind of jointly share the shock? An "I will if you will" type situation?

What I think is most significant is that Alyssa choose to be professionally photographed in jeans & a sleeveless top. Not just a random candid shot-- a photo meant to be shared & framed & hung on family walls. She deliberately picked out that outfit beforehand.

Too me, that is a real statement.

Has Jessa been spotted in pants, too?

Has Jessa been spotted in pants, too?

She's wearing leggings and a dress that is like mid thigh length. So its kind of like pants lol. In the Duggar forum.

I actually contacted UPTV and asked them if there were any way to get the episodes, whether they would consider selling it to those who can't get UPTv. Would have been nice if they actually got back to me!

Kelly has been answering multiple people on the blog about this topic. No downloads available yet.

In other Bates news, just learned that Crown College of the Bible has set up a study abroad/proselytze semester in Birmingham, England:

http://thecrowncollege.com/academics/cr ... d-kingdom/

Might we see any Bates kids (or Duggars, since there are rumors that Joseph might be attending) do this in the future?

Might make for good television.

And yes, I am aware of Birmingham's significant Moslem population, which it makes it even more...interesting.

Also, Crown has started a new "Crown School of Trades and Technology!" --curiouser and curiouser!! Looks like it started in 2013 and so far only has one field of study: auto tech. http://crowntradesandtech.com/

i think she sounds like selena gomez.

I haven't really listened to Selena Gomez talk much.... At least I don't think I have, so I can't compare the two.

However, I do believe Alyssa has been through media training. The way she pauses and speaks slowly(pace of her speech) and seems to deliberately choose her words. No accent. No real emotion... Just very matter of fact.

It really reminds me of what we do through my job at an international non-profit and the work I did when I was working on my masters in educational supervision. We had to know how to speak in front of a camera or in a phone interview. We do the same with our higher level volunteers. I think Poppa Webster's peeps have trained her... She and Johnny Boy are the public face of the family. This may have been the only way she was permitted to participate in the filming. I highly doubt any of her birth will be filmed. She won't be shown until she is camera ready.

There'd be a pretty easy way to prove that: find footage of her from United Bates of America, or even old 19 Kids and Counting Episodes, and see if there's any significant difference in the way she speaks or acts. I can't do it because I can't watch the new show.

There'd be a pretty easy way to prove that: find footage of her from United Bates of America, or even old 19 Kids and Counting Episodes, and see if there's any significant difference in the way she speaks or acts. I can't do it because I can't watch the new show.

There are LOTS of video clips on the UPTV website. Several of them with Alyssa

Archived