IGNORED

Jill Duggar Pregnant! CONFIRMED! MERGED

actuallyjessica

Do fundies think of the future?? What if a fundie husband dies or is injured. What will a fundie wife do? How will she support herself and her kids?

Jill is never going back to midwifery. I think she took it up because it interested her and she has nothing else to do. Now that's she married with baby on the way, she's required to stay at home, make sure the house is clean, food on the table, and raise children. No more going to work.

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do fundies think of the future?? What if a fundie husband dies or is injured. What will a fundie wife do? How will she support herself and her kids?

God-will-provide-you-just-have-to-trust-God-because-he-is-perfect.

I read somewhere that they weren't sure they'd go with one letter, but maybe another "theme?" A to Z like the one Maxwell has done? (Although the "D" in that family is a nickname--Drew)

Apparently the happy couple announced their pregnancy so early because every life is precious no matter how young.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... paign=1490

I enjoy that they refer to her as Jill Duggar still... the article says Jill Duggar and Derick Dillard, not Jill Dillard. Because she will first and foremost always be a Duggar to most people. Sorry Derick, I know you're her new headship and all.. but...

God-will-provide-you-just-have-to-trust-God-because-he-is-perfect.

God has given them a healthy body and a brain so they may seek employment to support themselves....I don't think he would be very happy with "begging"....

In regards to gifts, I kind of feel badly (just a little...) for Jessa. People would have bought a nice gift for Jill in the excitement of a Duggar wedding - maybe spending a bit more than they normally would. Now, this is a baby on the way not too long after and if Jill gets a registry up, people are going to buy THAT gift, so by the time it comes time to get a gift for Jessa, people may feel done buying the Duggars gifts. Jessa may end up with a lot of plastic kitchen utensils and no higher end items like pots and pans, comforters and silver.

She advised married couples-to-be via Us Magazine: ‘You may not wanna push the wedding date out too far, as those natural God-given desires with too much time between engagement and marriage can make it harder to remain pure.

‘If you are financially ready, and things are in place (which should be at the time the question is popped), we believe an engagement should only be long enough to plan a wedding!’

Uhhhh not to get too off-topic but I'm not sure this applies to Ben.

Uhhhh not to get too off-topic but I'm not sure this applies to Ben.

Is that a quote from Jill? "should be" "we believe" sigh. so preachy. Guess she figures writing an advice book from a place of untested security leads to giving more advice on other matters, natch.

In regards to gifts, I kind of feel badly (just a little...) for Jessa. People would have bought a nice gift for Jill in the excitement of a Duggar wedding - maybe spending a bit more than they normally would. Now, this is a baby on the way not too long after and if Jill gets a registry up, people are going to buy THAT gift, so by the time it comes time to get a gift for Jessa, people may feel done buying the Duggars gifts. Jessa may end up with a lot of plastic kitchen utensils and no higher end items like pots and pans, comforters and silver.

That is so sad. Kind of reminds me of Jacob and Esau, where one brother stole all the blessings from another brother. Jill getting married first and immediately pregnant really put her and Derrick in the best place to start off everything ahead. Eventually it might just be a lot of hand-me-downs for the other siblings. I hope J&D register for sturdy stuff. :lol: It might be made worse too for Jessa and Ben if the fans are disgusted by the overwhelming gift grab registries and decide they're just being greedy so why bother. One way Jill could be nice is to wait a month or so on setting up the baby registry - until after Jessa and Ben's wedding.

In average quiverfull families with no fans, just family and friends, and weddings/babies/birthdays one after another, the gifts can get pretttttty sparse. :lol: Lots of homemade things. Not that homemade is bad, just that it's not typical to get a Bosch mixer (or three). One of my gifts was jelly jars full of spices and a turntable spice rack, with calico on top of the jelly jar lids. This was from a friend of my mom's who would buy spices in bulk. I STILL use those jars. :D In our circles we had never heard of pounding showers for food supplies, so gifts like that were unexpected and appreciated.

I've often wondered how poorer fundie families managed to survive when they have to shell out for gifts so often for other fundie families. In between the constant new blessings and marriages that keep cropping up, they must spend a fortune on gifts. And if they make homemade gifts, a lot of time must be spent on crafting.

Maybe for "regular" fundies, the gifts are usually of a smaller scale? Far fewer things on the registry, less expensive items, etc. I think poorer fundies might not even bother registering for gadgets, just basics that they really need.

Among those they actually know, yeah, she's not getting many gifts. I wouldn't underestimate the leghumpers, though. Jessa's registry makes me wonder if she's used to receiving gifts randomly from fans. They used to (maybe still do) get contacted by "weird"fans that wanted to court the girls, and it's possible one reason Jessa was so quick to call them weird was that they would send expensive gifts without any encouragement. She's ruthless enough to take advantage of that and stupid and arrogant enough to not realize she's playing with fire in addition to just being shitty.

Also, do we know anything about Ben's extended family? It's possible they're likely to spend more than fundies, and since Jessa has no concept of normal she made those ridiculous choices.

Jessa will still get way more gifts then some of the Howlers will probably receive. I would assume by the time Jenny gets married it won't get any national attention and the show will be long over at that point. Although I'm sure Jim Bob and Michelle will do everything possible to ensure that Josie's does get national attention.

Jessa will still get way more gifts then some of the Howlers will probably receive. I would assume by the time Jenny gets married it won't get any national attention and the show will be long over at that point. Although I'm sure Jim Bob and Michelle will do everything possible to ensure that Josie's does get national attention.

i just realized (duh, i know lol) Josie and Jenny are about the same age as my own dd. But hopefully my dd will skip marriage in favor of college and a career, at least, at age 18 or 19 or whenever Josie and Jenny will get their transfer of authority. :roll:

I can see the Headlines now. 'Miracle Duggar to Wed'

I hate to admit it, but on some level, I don't think this show ever will end. I think Jim Bob will regularly claim that "the Lord laid it upon his heart" to encourage someone in his family to "purpose toward a new (television) season of life." He's noticed that the courtships are drawing bigger ratings, so it wouldn't surprise if he begins pressuring the rest of his older kids in earnest to start courting, one at a time each season.

God, he could string this out for at least the next twenty years or so. These people could become The Simpsons of fundiedom.

I hate to admit it, but on some level, I don't think this show ever will end. I think Jim Bob will regularly claim that "the Lord laid it upon his heart" to encourage someone in his family to "purpose toward a new (television) season of life." He's noticed that the courtships are drawing bigger ratings, so it wouldn't surprise if he begins pressuring the rest of his older kids in earnest to start courting, one at a time each season.

God, he could string this out for at least the next twenty years or so. These people could become The Simpsons of fundiedom.

But that gets boring after a while. I think the boys are next. Jim bob might force courtship on his kids and guilt them into it. But after two, three, four courtships all doing the same thing people are going to tune out.

I can see the Headlines now. 'Miracle Duggar to Wed'

The Duggar formerly known as Josie--now known as Miracle Faith Blessing Grace Precious Duggar

Guest LilaFowler

He won't ever end the show voluntarily. The money is too good.

But that gets boring after a while. I think the boys are next. Jim bob might force courtship on his kids and guilt them into it. But after two, three, four courtships all doing the same thing people are going to tune out.

I have said it before: Nobody wants to watch JD court-- or any of the other boys for that matter. There is a reason the boys are so seldom featured on the show, they are not photogenic or charismatic aside from maybe Josiah and Jackson. I'll bet most TV viewers could not name all the boys.

I know I can't. :lol: The only one I know out of the younger boys is Jackson. I ain't got a clue who the other howlers are.

I'm slightly interested in the boys courting, but just for the trainwreck value involved. If they're all as ill-mannered as Josh sometimes is with Anna, it might be worth a look.

But I agree about JD courting, I don't really want to see that, either. :?

The future baby specials involving the J-slaves giving birth don't interest me at all. The VSEs will all be exactly the same, and I can just imagine Michelle narrating in her baby voice:

Hi, I'm Michelle Duggar. I have 19 children, and I delivered eeeeevery one. My daughter, J______, is pregnant with our newest special-precious-wonderful-blessing-sooper-deluxe grandbaby. This makes ____ grandbabies in all. We are so blessed to have such wonderful, Godly children who purpose to encourage others to love the Lord during this new season of life.

:puke-front:

I agree that Jim Bob will do whatever is possible to keep fans interested but at some point it's going to end. They may be able to milk another five years out of the show between courtships, weddings and grandchildren but eventually it'll just get boring. Every season would become like a routine with wedding dress fittings, wedding planning, the wedding, pregnancy announcement(s) and lectures about lip purity. Eventually it just won't be as exciting especially since three of the oldest children don't seem like they would be particularly good at being the focus. I wouldn't be surprised if Josiah ends up being next since he's better on camera then Jana, JD and Joseph. Perhaps Jinger but that might just be too similar to Jessa's and I think Michelle isn't going to go down to only one of the oldest girls at home for awhile. I think they'll lay off for a few years now since they have built in storylines with Jill having her first child and Jessa getting married for next season. Then they can do a season about Jessa's first pregnancy and possibly Jill being pregnant again. Perhaps Anna will join them and they can brag about having three pregnant people. Then they'll marry somebody else off and get a couple seasons out of that before TLC finally pulls the plug.

I think eventually we'll just get VSE for weddings and some births or little check ins like a holiday with the Duggars or something. Although given they're bringing Kate and Little People Big World back it seems like they may keep the Duggars going for a lot longer then I expect.

I know I can't. :lol: The only one I know out of the younger boys is Jackson. I ain't got a clue who the other howlers are.

I'm slightly interested in the boys courting, but just for the trainwreck value involved. If they're all as ill-mannered as Josh sometimes is with Anna, it might be worth a look.

But I agree about JD courting, I don't really want to see that, either. :?

The future baby specials involving the J-slaves giving birth don't interest me at all. The VSEs will all be exactly the same, and I can just imagine Michelle narrating in her baby voice:

Hi, I'm Michelle Duggar. I have 19 children, and I delivered eeeeevery one. My daughter, J______, is pregnant with our newest special-precious-wonderful-blessing-sooper-deluxe grandbaby. This makes ____ grandbabies in all. We are so blessed to have such wonderful, Godly children who purpose to encourage others to love the Lord during this new season of life.

:puke-front:

That's perfect! I can hear her voice!

Archived