IGNORED

Jill Duggar Pregnant! CONFIRMED! MERGED

actuallyjessica

I really hope she is going for it! Good for her!

ANd Mar 24th is the due date, so not a Wedding night baby :) She must have JUST finished her cycle on the wedding night, or hadn't and they waited a day or two :)

ETA: her cycle (based on teh 14 days from conception day) should have started June 17...so maybe there wasn't any hanky panky on the night of! (unless she has really short cycles) OR...ovulated late, but would she actually know that?

You're assuming she has 28 day cycles. A lot of women don't. Most womens' luteal phase (ovulation to start of next cycle) is usually 14 days, give or take a couple of days. She may have 30+ day cycles, which would put her starting around before the 15th of June.

I predict a girl on March 31st.

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd change this to "If she exclusively breastfeeds on demand AND has not yet gotten her period, this is true."

From the LLL: "Three main criteria must be met in order for LAM to be effective: 1) the baby should not be receiving any supplemental foods or artificial infant formula, 2) the baby must be less than 6 months old, and 3) the mother must not have resumed her menstrual cycle."

Exhibit A: Me, who ecologically breastfed three kids and still got pregnant bam-bam-bam. In fact, I got pregnant with the third one while tandem nursing the first two. My period came back six weeks post-partum with each kid even though I was nursing about every 90 minutes around the clock, NO formula, NO solids. Some women start ovulating early, and it's not because they're not breastfeeding or breastfeeding wrong but just because like anything else, it's a crap shoot. If a woman starts her period, she should NOT rely on breastfeeding as birth control

Yeah my period returned at 6 weeks both times despite exclusive breastfeeding too. However I wouldn't have trusted breastfeeding as birth control anyways. But I still think it would be at least slightly hopeful if she does breastfeed that maybe her fertility won't return immediately.

You're assuming she has 28 day cycles. A lot of women don't. Most womens' luteal phase (ovulation to start of next cycle) is usually 14 days, give or take a couple of days. She may have 30+ day cycles, which would put her starting around before the 15th of June.

I predict a girl on March 31st.

yeah, based on an O day of July 1 (gives her the Mar 24 EDD that she stated), if she was on teh 14 days before O would be AF, then, yeah, that would be June 17th. But, if she O'd late...say day 15 or 16 (like me), she'd have had her cycle a few days prior.....

I doubt she is watching her O date that closely though, and most people, even OB's, won't date a pregnancy from your conception date, they want 1st day of AF, so if you KNOW your conception date, you lie and it works (if you aren't a 14 dayer).

I understand it all, since I went through it for 2 effing years of nothing. and then onto help.

ETA: I hope I explained that the way I'm thinking of it!

I'm not sure how easy Jill's life has been at home... Yes the children are grown from the babyhood stage, but Jill still had to raise and care for a lot of younger siblings, plus all the work Michelle wasn't goin to do. Even wih help from her sisters, that can't be an easy thing.

No, it wouldn't be easy, but it's a whole different ball game when you are doing it by yourself all day (D at work) and up all night, with no trade offs, etc, especially when you are BFing...you have to do it all, since you are the food machine.

So what? Who cares if she wants to take time off? If they don't need the income and that's what she wants to do, what's the issue? People take time off work or school for all sorts of reasons, and it's kind of bizarre to judge someone for that. Taking time off something doesn't mean you're not serious about it. Do you really think there's only one 'right' way to do these things? I'm surprised you literally can't think of anyone who has ever taken time off their career or schooling to focus on something else in their life, because I know all sorts of people who have, including myself.

Are you a Duggar or Duggar defender in disguise because the vast majority o your posts are spent defending them and you seem to take any criticism of them personally.

You do realize that women do pursue schooling and careers fr enjoyment and not just because they need the income?

No I know no one that is serious about their career goals that takes 2 or more months off to get married and set up a house.

The only people I know that take that kind o time of from work or training is typically due to their own personal illness or that of a relative.

Deciding what dress to wear to my wedding, what color to paint my living room, what lunch to pack my husband, what pictures to post to instagram, and learning how to have sex with my husband are not valid reasons to need that kind of time off.

Yes it's her life and she can do as she pleases.

I'd actually have more respect for her if she flat out said she wanted to be a sahm wife and mother. If she wants to choose that for her life she should own it.

This just smells of more spin.

I can also have an opinion on it especially since she's decided to liver life publicly.

I'm also going to assume Jill is not irresponsible enough to leave her current clients hanging. Maybe she waited till all of them had given birth before taking time off. I mean, what, are midwives just NEVER allowed any time off?

Yes that's exactly what I said :angry-banghead:

I have seen Jill and other Duggars be inconsiderate of others . I certainly hope she wouldn't leave any current clients hanging but I can't say that she wouldn't

I just don't see Jill as being committed to her training flitting in and out of it. Starting and stopping at will. That just shows a lack of commitment to me and maturity.

I want midwife who is committed to what she is doing not someone that was in and out of her training.

The midwives I know take time off from work but this is after years of work in the field and all of them even the lay midwives will tell you that when they were training and studying midwifery was their life 24/7 365.

If Jill want to stay at home and raise her kids that's great!

I she wants to continue studying and have kids that's great !

What bugs me is that in my view she has the attitude of just playing midwife.

Are you a Duggar or Duggar defender in disguise because the vast majority o your posts are spent defending them and you seem to take any criticism of them personally.

You do realize that women do pursue schooling and careers fr enjoyment and not just because they need the income?

No I know no one that is serious about their career goals that takes 2 or more months off to get married and set up a house.

The only people I know that take that kind o time of from work or training is typically due to their own personal illness or that of a relative.

Deciding what dress to wear to my wedding, what color to paint my living room, what lunch to pack my husband, what pictures to post to instagram, and learning how to have sex with my husband are not valid reasons to need that kind of time off.

I'd actually have more respect for her if she flat out said she wanted to be a sahm wife and mother. If she wants to choose that for her life she should own it.

I can also have an opinion on it especially since she's decided to liver life publicly.

You're right-- no one has ever taken a semester off school to travel. No one has ever taken family leave after an adoption. My roommate clearly didn't care about her masters degree because she spent the summer before her last year traveling the country instead of writing her thesis or doing professional development. And those damn lazy athletes and their off-seasons!

I have seen Jill and other Duggars be inconsiderate of others . I certainly hope she wouldn't leave any current clients hanging but I can't say that she wouldn't

I just don't see Jill as being committed to her training flitting in and out of it. Starting and stopping at will. That just shows a lack of commitment to me and maturity.

I want midwife who is committed to what she is doing not someone that was in and out of her training.

The midwives I know take time off from work but this is after years of work in the field and all of them even the lay midwives will tell you that when they were training and studying midwifery was their life 24/7 365.

When has Jill shown that she wasn't taking her midwife studies seriously? Her mentor Vanessa has always spoken glowingly of her (yes, I realize she could just be saying that for the cameras). But there's also been talk of her devoting many long hours at the birth center, much more than what was documented on the show. She was still working as a midwife throughout most of her wedding preparations, up to a few weeks before her actual wedding, I think.

Jill has said for a while now that she wanted to become a midwife so that she could apply her skills as a missionary one day. In their recent People article Derick talked about them wanting to become missionaries in 2-5 years. Of course, nothing is set in stone, and their plans could change in the future (especially if Jill continues to have more kids) but for now at least, it would appear that Jill and Derick are still committed to becoming future missionaries.

IMO there's many different reasons why a person would want to take time off and it seems like splitting hairs to argue over the specific circumstances under which taking time off is "okay" or not. It's a personal choice. But for the sake of your argument, it's not like Jill hasn't had a good reason for staying home these past two months. She hardly even had the chance to play cute housewife before she got pregnant less than 2 weeks after her wedding and she's been experiencing severe all-day sickness ever since. I don't think she's in any condition to be working even if she wanted to and fortunately, she doesn't have to. If only we all were so lucky.

And lest anyone accuse me of being a Duggar defender, well yeah, I guess I kinda am a Jill defender! I've always liked Jill, probably because she and I have similar personalities . It's only fitting that she would marry Derick (who I have a bit of a TV crush on) because he reminds me of MY significant other, both in looks and personality. :D

http://www.etonline.com/tv/150526_jill_dillard_reveals_whether_her_kids_will_have_initial_names/index.html

New article. Jill's not quitting midwifery after all. Her plan to is to go back to once her morning sickness gets better (hopefully her morning sickness isn't one that last all throughout her pregnancy). I wouldn't be surprised if that was her plan all along, to take a temporary break from midwifery while she settled into newlywed life. Her unexpected pregnancy might delay things for a while longer but I've always felt that Jill had invested too much time already into her studies for her to just give it up once she got married. I think she'd at least want to finish her training even if she decides not to practice midwifery in the long run.

Her due date is my brothers' birthday!

I am seeing so many people posting on gossip sites that Jill obviously got knocked up before the wedding because of how quick the announcement was.

I think they're just not familiar with hyper fertile fundies. We've all seen so many fundie girls get knocked up on their wedding nights or honeymoons. They come from hyper fertile families, they don't use birth control, they're at the prime of their fertility, and they track their cycles. Knowing J'Chelle she probably planned Jill's wedding date around her fertility to ensure she was ovulating during her honeymoon. They also do pregnancy tests constantly so they're going to know early on.

So to me it's not suspicious at all. What do you guys think?

I am seeing so many people posting on gossip sites that Jill obviously got knocked up before the wedding because of how quick the announcement was.

I think they're just not familiar with hyper fertile fundies. We've all seen so many fundie girls get knocked up on their wedding nights or honeymoons. They come from hyper fertile families, they don't use birth control, they're at the prime of their fertility, and they track their cycles. Knowing J'Chelle she probably planned Jill's wedding date around her fertility to ensure she was ovulating during her honeymoon. They also do pregnancy tests constantly so they're going to know early on.

I think hyper-fertile is the wrong term to use here. It's not like they have superpowers, or some disease, LOL. They just don't use birth control and live in an era with vaccines and antibiotics.

I think hyper-fertile is the wrong term to use here. It's not like they have superpowers, or some disease, LOL. They just don't use birth control and live in an era with vaccines and antibiotics.

LOL

I mean specifically the families where incredibly high fertility is a thing as opposed to fundies who simply try a lot and have a lot of babies because they start early and keep going. J'Chelle is an example of that someone who is abnormally fertile, as is Kelly Bates. It stands to reason their kids would also have an unusually high level of fertility, though of course it's not a guarantee. Jill got pregnant right away whereas it took a while for Anna to get pregnant.

Im glad she will be returning to being a midwife. Its good for her to have something like that, shes the most ambitious of her sisters.

If I were Jill, I'd want some time off to settle into married life, alone, with my husband after spending the last 24 years living with and raising the children in my hosuehold that my parents refused to take care of and raise. But that's just me.

I don't think Jill got pregnant before she and Derick tied the knot, I think it just happened quickly afterward. I have friends who were honeymoon babies. I also don't think it necessarily indicates that she'll be hyper-fertile. It could just be a one-time thing. If Jill turns up pregnant every year after the first blessing is born, then I'll think she's more like Michelle in terms of fertility.

The only things that Jill has ever been committed to are TLC, Jesus, and her daddy. Lucky Derick now gets to be added to her list.

Considering her due date is Mar 24th, no there is no way she got pregnant before. (Unless she's lying of course)

Just want to point out, Jill did not take time off of work, she took time from her studies. Income is irrelevant here. She is a student midwife, who in most cases, does not get paid, but gets credit towards her license or certificate. It is much easier for a student to put their studies aside, than it is for a woman with a job to say, "Hey, I'm taking two months off because I'm getting married...see ya soon."

I think we all know that Jill and Derrick were probably set up with a nest egg from Mom/Dad/TLC/People.

I have a feeling Jill will take her entire pregnancy away from her studies, and keep spinning. And if she does, so what? She's doing what she wants to do either way.

I believe that women should do what they want to do. If she wants to get her license and start a practice, great. If she wants to eff around with this for a while, and then decide being a SAHW if what she wants, great. But just say what you want to do. If you want to stay at home, I don't think there is a person on this planet who would be surprised at all if Jill took her posistion as a brood mare quite seriously.

yeah, based on an O day of July 1 (gives her the Mar 24 EDD that she stated), if she was on teh 14 days before O would be AF, then, yeah, that would be June 17th. But, if she O'd late...say day 15 or 16 (like me), she'd have had her cycle a few days prior.....

I doubt she is watching her O date that closely though, and most people, even OB's, won't date a pregnancy from your conception date, they want 1st day of AF, so if you KNOW your conception date, you lie and it works (if you aren't a 14 dayer).

I understand it all, since I went through it for 2 effing years of nothing. and then onto help.

ETA: I hope I explained that the way I'm thinking of it!

That's how I always did it. I have very irregular cycles, but I used FAM for both birth control and conception and always knew exactly when I conceived. The first two times I had an OB and just lied and made the first day of my last period 14 days before so I'd have the right due date, even though I had something like 7-8 week cycles each time. The last time I had a midwife who was cool with me knowing my cycle, so I didn't have to fudge the dates.

This was definitely an end of honeymoon/just returned home baby. My husband and I were charting with NFP and know we conceived our first child on July 4 or 5. His due date was March 28 and he arrived on March 25. There's no way perfect "higher standard" miss "purposing" Jill would have had premarital sex. It was the shortest engagement ever and they had no reason not to wait.

Jill's morning sickness is too bad for midwifery, but she can have lunch dates with her husband?

instagram.com/p/sSnfqTrs_H/

Maybe with her particular brand of nausea she can handle food more easily than bodily fluids, but this does make me sceptical about the whole, "I'll go back to my midwifery training after I'm over the morning sickness".

Also, loving the commenter who says children are a blessing, and how she has a five-month-old daughter that she and her fiancé found out about four months into their relationship. Can you imagine Jill's reaction to reading that?

Perhaps Jill initially intended to quit (hence the two month break), but boredom has set in and she wants to continue her studies. I could absolutely see that happening with her.

I could see Jill meaning to quit because it's what she thinks she's supposed to do now that she's married. Then getting really upset about it and finally breaking down and admitting to Derick that she's really going to miss midwifery. And then being totally shocked when he's like, "Well, just keep doing it, then."

I don't think the quick pregnancy and early announcement are even a fundie thing in particular. Most of the pregnancy announcements I see the last few years are photos of a pregnancy test on Facebook, and posted when the pregnant woman just found out. Particularly if the pregnant woman is mid-twenties or younger.

And probably less than half the pregnancy announcements are due to someone actually specifically planning to get have a baby. The other half are women who are specifically not trying to get pregnant-- so either a birth control failure, or just being kind of haphazard in using birth control at all - because they are at an okay place if a pregnancy happens. So since they aren't even specifically trying to get pregnant they are probably as fertile as Jill.

I don't think Jill ever intended to quit. I think she planned on taking a month off to settle into married life. Then she got pregnant so quickly and started having bad morning sickness she decided to put it off a little longer. Personally I don't see anything wrong with her taking some time off after getting married. This is a huge adjustment for her. It's not like most couples who where living together or spending all their time alone together before getting married. Plus Jill's midwife training is odd hours. She can be gone all night at a birth frequently. She didn't want to start her married life with missing dinners/evenings with Derick. She wanted to be able to settle into married life without the added stress of being on call for a birth. I don't see anything wrong with that. I know plenty of people that took a semester off from school for one reason or another who were very serious about there careers/studies. Erin Bates also took a semester off to get married and then went back and finished so I don't see any reason why Jill won't finish either.

Archived