IGNORED

Jill Duggar Pregnant! CONFIRMED! MERGED

actuallyjessica

I read an article once by a woman who had announced excitedly to EVERYONE that she was pregnant, and then miscarried. She said she was glad she'd told so many people, colleagues included, because it meant she had the close support of her family and friends, but also little things from colleagues like not talking about their pregnancies in front of her or asking her when she was going to have kids. In that light, I can see Dill wanting to announce early because they KNOW how rabidly leghumpers watch Anna and Michelle's abdomens, and don't want any "Are you pregnant yet?" comments on Instagram right after a miscarriage.

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I read an article once by a woman who had announced excitedly to EVERYONE that she was pregnant, and then miscarried. She said she was glad she'd told so many people, colleagues included, because it meant she had the close support of her family and friends, but also little things from colleagues like not talking about their pregnancies in front of her or asking her when she was going to have kids. In that light, I can see Dill wanting to announce early because they KNOW how rabidly leghumpers watch Anna and Michelle's abdomens, and don't want any "Are you pregnant yet?" comments on Instagram right after a miscarriage.

But I think you get a mix of people that are supportive and unsupportive. I have a friend who recently had a miscarriage and people have said some horrible things to her recently like they really need to start trying again because heaven forbid her child be an only or there is too big of an age gap while others saying that she shouldn't have any more kids.

Personally I've been fortunate enough not to have a miscarriage but I'm always careful to not overly announce a pregnancy during het first trimester because I don't think I'd really want a huge network of people to be supportive. When I've had loved ones that died I always found it difficult to talk to other people about it and I think a lot of my close friends aren't aware that my mother died when I was a young child. I just hate that awkwardness that comes with death and the typical lines that people feel obligated to say and just talking about dead family members in general with people beyond family members. My MIL really pressured me while I was pregnant with my daughter to allow her to put it up on Facebook when I was still in the first trimester. I didn't want all her friends to know and I hadn't announced at work yet, which was the only reason I think she didn't post anything on Facebook. She did put up something about having another grandchild on the way anyways but didn't mention my name so people were asking if it was me or my now ex-SIL, which I'm sure my ex-SIL loved since she never wanted to have kids.

Personally I can't imagine being Jill and having the world know I was pregnant then having to tell everyone of a miscarriage. Of course I would be equally horrified at having to give birth on camera so perhaps it's just that different people handle things differently. I know whenever somebody announces to me that they're pregnant and it's really early I feel like I'm holding my breath and anxious for them hoping that they won't miscarry. One of my co-workers announced before she'd even missed her period so the pee stick was literally still wet. But I do understand when it comes down to it it's everyone's choice when to share their news. And to some degree I admire people who are confidant enough to announce early and handle whatever might happen at least somewhat publically.

I've noticed that the media is paying a LOT of attention to Jill's pregnancy. Even the Australian media that doesn't usually care about the Duggars.

Jill's latest bump pic was featured on a "Selfies with the Stars" roundup on popular (and very mainstream) Australian women's site MamaMia, and her early announcement was used to kick off a discussion on the appropriate date to announce pregnancy on the same site.

I find it interesting - it seems the world is prepared to accept Jill (and to a lesser extent Jessa) as a celebrity in her own right in a way that was never available to Josh and Anna.

I've noticed that the media is paying a LOT of attention to Jill's pregnancy. Even the Australian media that doesn't usually care about the Duggars.

Jill's latest bump pic was featured on a "Selfies with the Stars" roundup on popular (and very mainstream) Australian women's site MamaMia, and her early announcement was used to kick off a discussion on the appropriate date to announce pregnancy on the same site.

I find it interesting - it seems the world is prepared to accept Jill (and to a lesser extent Jessa) as a celebrity in her own right in a way that was never available to Josh and Anna.

Both girls are more conventionally pretty than Anna. Don't underestimate the media's affinity for beautiful people over average people.

When is the best gestational age to announce a pregnancy?

Answer: The best age is the age that suits the parents best.

Some people want to be surrounded by people and need the support in good times and bad times. These people should announce earlier.

Others prefer to keep things to themselves. These people should announce later.

Some want support but only from close family/friends. These should announce to close family/friends early and the general public later.

For some families (I'm looking at you Duggers and Bates and Prince William/Kate) a pregnancy will be important to the family business. These people should announce when it best suits their business.

as an aside: is Jill trying to give herself a bigger belly in that pic of her 11 weeks preg - because she looks a big for 11 weeks -especially for a first pregnancy. I wonder if there are twins?

I think Jill announced it early for PR. She goes to the media about eveything. If she wanted to announce her pregnancy she could've done it on social media. But instead went to People.

When is the best gestational age to announce a pregnancy?

Answer: The best age is the age that suits the parents best.

Some people want to be surrounded by people and need the support in good times and bad times. These people should announce earlier.

Others prefer to keep things to themselves. These people should announce later.

Some want support but only from close family/friends. These should announce to close family/friends early and the general public later.

For some families (I'm looking at you Duggers and Bates and Prince William/Kate) a pregnancy will be important to the family business. These people should announce when it best suits their business.

as an aside: is Jill trying to give herself a bigger belly in that pic of her 11 weeks preg - because she looks a big for 11 weeks -especially for a first pregnancy. I wonder if there are twins?

First William and Kate announced it because she has horrible morning sickness so they really didn't have a choice in the matter. but if you're having a baby and using when to announce the pregnancy as a business decision that's a huge red flag.

First William and Kate announced it because she has horrible morning sickness so they really didn't have a choice in the matter. but if you're having a baby and using when to announce the pregnancy as a business decision that's a huge red flag.

Kate had to cancel public engagements due to HG. If they had just announced that she was ill as the reason for the cancellations, there would have been insane speculation about a pregnancy or rumors of something else or more of the crap that she is lazy and just didn't want to do her appearances. So just publicly announcing the pregnancy was probably the best bet for them. Jill is not at all in the same position.

I wonder if the idea of waiting to announce is partly age based? It seems, in my recent experience, that everyone under late 20s announces on social media. as soon as the stick is dry-- often with a picture of the stick. While everyone older waits until 12 weeks or so.

I think it might just be that most women under 28 ish grew up with constant social media and instant access/ announcement of every life event, so that's just normal to them.

Jill is different regarding social media access, but she has been on camera with the media watching every life change.

according to Jill's latest instagram post she's considering cloth diapering. Did Michelle ever cloth diaper. All I can remember is the time they needed the camera man to get diapers from walmart during the ice storm.

I think Jill announced it early for PR. She goes to the media about eveything. If she wanted to announce her pregnancy she could've done it on social media. But instead went to People.

I think it's JB as well. I'm sure that was in the contract for "letting them stay in the house".

according to Jill's latest instagram post she's considering cloth diapering. Did Michelle ever cloth diaper. All I can remember is the time they needed the camera man to get diapers from walmart during the ice storm.

Anna had a whole boring section about how hard it was to wash cloth diapers or something, so she at least tried to do it for the cameras. Those info facts of how much shit the Duggars consume always include the diapers. They bring giant packs of disposables in the buses when they travel.

Using cloth diapers is great, but they should start getting rid of those styrofoam cups instead.

Anna had a whole boring section about how hard it was to wash cloth diapers or something, so she at least tried to do it for the cameras. Those info facts of how much shit the Duggars consume always include the diapers. They bring giant packs of disposables in the buses when they travel.

But they don't leave a big carbon footprint because they buy used! :roll:

I didn't think Jill was using paper plates and cups.

You can spot plenty of styrofoam cups in Jill & Dericks kitchen. I don't get why they have to use them. It's just the two of them and Jill's at home all day. Why can't they use dishes like everyone else? :angry-banghead:

I don't think it's twins since I think that would have been mentioned already since I would assume she's had an ultrasound for dating purposes. I also think she's trying to look small in her 5 week picture and large in her 11 week one. In the 5 week one her hand is on her stomach and I wonder if she's sucking in her gut. At 11 weeks her hand is behind her and it almost looks as though she's sticking her stomach out. I think it's more likely that Jill has some bloating than that she's expecting twins.

Edited to add that Anna cloth diapered with Mack but once she had two children it became too hard to keep up.

I don't think it's twins since I think that would have been mentioned already since I would assume she's had an ultrasound for dating purposes. I also think she's trying to look small in her 5 week picture and large in her 11 week one. In the 5 week one her hand is on her stomach and I wonder if she's sucking in her gut. At 11 weeks her hand is behind her and it almost looks as though she's sticking her stomach out. I think it's more likely that Jill has some bloating than that she's expecting twins.

Edited to add that Anna cloth diapered with Mack but once she had two children it became too hard to keep up.

I know Michelle had an early ultersound with Josie and Anna had one with Kenzie but I don't think the Duggar's normally have ultrasounds until about the 18th week because I remember during a few pregnancy's the duggar's said we are going to see if it's a boy or girl and if there are two in there.

I hope Jill is getting prenatal care from a doctor. I dont have kids, but went through a TTC spell. I would have never announced anything until I got it confirmed by a doc.

Slightly OT While addressing miscarriage is a concern, I also feel society needs more infertility awareness. Society dismisses it like the couple or person has no pain because there was no baby. Society think they should just get over it or adopt. I have read insensitive comments along this line on other boards.The pain is very real and hurts just as much. I wonder what would happen i any of the Duggar spouses or kids turned out to be infertile. They seem to assume everyone can have kids.

I hope Jill is getting prenatal care from a doctor. I dont have kids, but went through a TTC spell. I would have never announced anything until I got it confirmed by a doc.

Slightly OT While addressing miscarriage is a concern, I also feel society needs more infertility awareness. Society dismisses it like the couple or person has no pain because there was no baby. Society think they should just get over it or adopt. I have read insensitive comments along this line on other boards.The pain is very real and hurts just as much. I wonder what would happen i any of the Duggar spouses or kids turned out to be infertile. They seem to assume everyone can have kids.

She has a midwife and just had a midwife appointment according to her 12 week belly pic. if she's seeing anyone else I'm not sure. I think a few things could happen if there was no kids for one of them. 1. They would adopt I know Jessa has said her and Ben want to adopt. 2. they would just say it's god's will that they didn't have any kids. some of them i think would feel bad. I'd think the girls Like Jana or maybe some of the boys well others would just take it as a sign. I don't see the Duggars going the IFV route but you never know one or more of them may just decide to do that if they face infertility issues.

Dang... I wonder if his breath stunk when they were courting, or if she just can't handle it now that she's pregnant. Another reason why you should at least kiss before marrying a person.

Meh, I can't snark on this. When I was pregnant with my first - I suddenly couldn't stand my husband's scent. At all. I had horrid nausea the entire pregnancy, and just hugging Mr treehugger made me gag. And we lived together before we got married (and waited 2 years afterwards before getting pregnant) so it wasn't that.

I know Michelle had an early ultersound with Josie and Anna had one with Kenzie but I don't think the Duggar's normally have ultrasounds until about the 18th week because I remember during a few pregnancy's the duggar's said we are going to see if it's a boy or girl and if there are two in there.

Possibly, but i know plenty of people that had an early U/S and did find out about the twins til later on....so it happens ;)

Archived