IGNORED

Jill Duggar Pregnant! CONFIRMED! MERGED

actuallyjessica

which would mean Ben has super sperm :D

Well his IS only 19. :lol:

Good grief, he's about to take on parenthood and he is only NINETEEN.

reminds me of Jon Gosselin. Too much, too soon. I hope Jessa gives Ben a long leash or he's going to fall apart eventually. Especially considering he's into his looks and enjoys the fact that his fiance is a beautiful girl. Carefree days of youth, college, job, making his own decisions -- cut short. The way he says "it's been the best 8 months of my life, too" in the Chaperoned Date video was in an obligated tone of voice, already.

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But people can feel and focus on multiple things at the same time. I think a lot of this "special attention" and "bonding" that gets talked about on the show as this super big unique deal is all for the benefit of the show. I have a large extended family, and in my culture your second cousin once removed might as well be your sibling--there's always someone getting married, getting pregnant, giving birth, getting baptized. No one event takes away from another, even when they happen at the same time. Crappy as the Duggars are I highly doubt that they just stopped paying attention to Jessa and the wedding planning to focus on Jill and her super early pregnancy. No matter what lip service they play to "all life is precious!" it's really not that serious in day-to-day life. Jill doesn't need that much attention at this stage from anyone but her husband, and there's no way the family is just so excited to coddle Jill that there's no room for Jessa. I seriously cannot imagine how Jill's pregnancy has changed anything for anyone. She's pregnant. They're happy. What more can there possibly be to it when the cameras are off? Jill will have to be a certifiable narcissist to expect her family to be all over her so early, and her family would have to be even more insane that we assume they are to be so fixated on her pregnancy that they can't focus on other things. Healthy spontaneous pregnancies just aren't exciting no matter what TLC and People like to tell us.

Well his IS only 19. :lol:

Good grief, he's about to take on parenthood and he is only NINETEEN.

reminds me of Jon Gosselin. Too much, too soon. I hope Jessa gives Ben a long leash or he's going to fall apart eventually. Especially considering he's into his looks and enjoys the fact that his fiance is a beautiful girl. Carefree days of youth, college, job, making his own decisions -- cut short. The way he says "it's been the best 8 months of my life, too" in the Chaperoned Date video was in an obligated tone of voice, already.

oh gosh i meant to say HE is only 19. :embarrassed: that comment was way more tacky the way i accidentally typed it. :lol: (couldn't edit it in time)

I finally watched the beginning of the first episode, and I don't think Jill was being snotty when she said she was the first daughter to get married. She was just trying to explain to the wedding planner why they didn't have a lot done, or why they didn't understand everything that needed to be done ASAP. They also mentioned that Derick was the first of his siblings to get married, and Michelle was making a big deal of how it was DIFFERENT when a daughter gets married than a son. Which may be true, but really the biggest difference is the fact that J&A got married in FL and the Kellers (plus the J'slaves) did all the work.

I can also see a possible different interpretation of Jill shutting Jinger down when she talked about living in a city. I kind of see it like a workplace (since we know the Duggars don't operate like a family) and I find Jill somewhat relatable on that level. At my job, nearly everything we do is checked by another associate before it's completed. I would rather my mistakes be found and caught by one of my coworkers than to have them found by a supervisor or higher-level person because the consequences are greater if it goes that far.

By the same token, it may be better for Jinger to have a sister shift her words a bit than to be smacked down by her parents. We saw from Michelle's response to Jinger's comments that expressing a personal desire to live in a real city is unacceptable in Duggarland, and certainly Jana and Josiah (at least) have not benefitted from refusing to toe the line. If Jill thinks like I do at work, I certainly don't want anyone else to get in trouble or get talked down to, especially as a result of something I did. Jill is different though, in the fact that she is more bubbly and outgoing than I'll ever be, and she may not understand that somtimes it's better to just shut up.

I may be wrong in how I see her, and she may be really annoying either way. But I feel like all of the Duggar kids, especially the girls, have spent a lifetime stifling themselves and learning the "right response" to every situation. Yes, Jill might want to be more respectful of her sisters' feelings, but I don't know that she should be expected to tamp down all of her excitement about everything that's happening in her life. It's the first time she's really been able to express herself separately from the family, and I don't think she should have to change herself even more just because her sisters are not the same as she is.

About Jinger wanting to live in the city: I always thought it was more like Jill was adding on to what she said, mainly for the viewers of the show, I guess? I felt like it wasn't "city please" and Jill said "no you should just be happy" as in trying to stop her. I thought she was saying something more like "Jinger would prefer to live in the city, though in general, we believe trying to be content with our lives." (more to clarify their beliefs/preach kind of thing)

it's proably for the best unless Jinger and couple of friends got their own place toghther. If she was staying with Josh odds are it would be like living at home only for Josh and Anna.You know Anna proably is backing off having more kids it just being her to care for them but the added help from Jinger would proably take a load off her and proably suddenly number 4 would be on the way.Then Jinger turns into mommie 2 in the house and she back to square one.

It's not that expensive anymore. Without insurance, I think it's $235-400. At least it is according to lots of other pregnant women at babycenter. I'm pregnant right now but I'm too early for the test so I'm not sure.

How is $295 to find out the sex of the baby not expensive? I've always been very impatient to discover the sex of my babies like having the ultrasound tech make predictions at an early ultrasound (so far they've been right both times) but I think unless you're really rich $295 is way too much money to just find out the sex early. Obviously if you're concerned about chromosomal issues then I can definitely understand doing it but for a young woman like Jill doing it just to find out the sex would be a waste of money. Finding out at 20 weeks gives you plenty of time to decorate a blue nursery or purchase frilly dresses.

Don't shoot me, but I can actually kind of appreciate their decision to announce early. I know, every life is precious, yaddayaddayadda, pro-life garbage, yaddayaddayadda, BUT Jill also says:

This reads to me like she's saying, "Yeah, I know I might miscarry and it'll be out there for the world to see, but I don't mind because I want other women who miscarry to see that they're not alone." FTR, I always assumed that Cherin's decision to announce their miscarriage when they hadn't even revealed their pregnancy was done for similar reasons (that or because they didn't think they could handle lots of well-meaning people asking them about pregnancy or telling them about their own).

Of course, she could also be saying she wants the support if she loses her pregnancy, which would be fine if she'd told family and close friends (how awful would it be if you'd just lost a much-wanted pregnancy and your sisters started clamouring for you to take a pregnancy test?), but is pretty damn attention-whorey if she's announcing it publicly solely for the sake of getting public support if she miscarries.

I am big on the whole 'we as a society need to talk more about miscarriages' thing, so the bolded above is how I interpreted Jill's comments as well. I have no problem with her announcing 'early'; why should women wait for 12 weeks? Are miscarriages something that we should be ashamed of, and keep hidden away? It's a massive grief for many people when it happens, why should couples suffer in private because of some stupid norm? No one (except the Maxwells :wink-kitty: ) keeps an engagement hidden until the marriage in case it doesn't work out... Admittedly the 1 in 4 pregnancies that end in miscarriage is probably a higher proportion than broken engagements, but to me that's all the more reason to talk about it. Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox now. Women should announce their pregnancies when they want, Jillard included.

I forgot to mention in my last post my secret hope. I really think it would be awesome if Baby Dilly and the royal baby are born on the same day since nobody will care about Baby Dilly (except family and friends obviously) and I think Jim Bob will be annoyed since they won't get nearly as much press from it. I can't find anything that says when Kate is due though so they could be a month or something different with Baby Dilly first.

I forgot to mention in my last post my secret hope. I really think it would be awesome if Baby Dilly and the royal baby are born on the same day since nobody will care about Baby Dilly (except family and friends obviously) and I think Jim Bob will be annoyed since they won't get nearly as much press from it. I can't find anything that says when Kate is due though so they could be a month or something different with Baby Dilly first.

I believe Kate has been said to be about 8-9 weeks well Jill is about 12 weeks so It's possible but not likely.

I believe Kate has been said to be about 8-9 weeks well Jill is about 12 weeks so It's possible but not likely.

I hope Kim Kardashion make a pregnancy announcement as well. As much as I don't like her. Anything to make JB pissed off is fun. And maybe Kate will go into labor early. Even after the baby is born people are going to talk for weeks after the delivery just like the wedding and her firstborn.

I hope Kim Kardashion make a pregnancy announcement as well. As much as I don't like her. Anything to make JB pissed off is fun. And maybe Kate will go into labor early. Even after the baby is born people are going to talk for weeks after the delivery just like the wedding and her firstborn.

Well since first babies tend to be late it's definitely possible that Jill would deliver at 41 weeks and Kate at 37 or 38 weeks.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/jill-duggar-baby-bump-picture-shared-by-derick-dillard-pregnancy-2014109

In the Instagram update, the dad-to-be, 25, shared a split-screen photo of his wife and her expanding tummy at five weeks, compared to her body at 11 weeks. "#firsttrimesterprogression #babydilly #19kidsandcounting," he added in his caption.

Duggar, 23, opened up to Us Weekly recently about her first-time pregnancy, saying the first trimester has gotten easier thanks to her "amazing" husband. "I've been very queasy… morning sickness," Duggar told Us. "But there are good days and there have been better days."

PHOTOS: Celebrity pregnancy confessions

The pregnant reality star said one request Dillard truly attempts to accommodate is her aversion to specific odors. "There are certain things that Derick is not allowed to mention in the house," Duggar said with a laugh. "I asked him to have peppermint oil always on hand, because that usually is cooling and makes every other smell go away."

Joking, the future mom said she requests of her husband, "'Derick, can you please go brush your teeth like three times with mint toothpaste?! And then suck on a mint for a while before I kiss you?'"

PHOTOS: Celebrity pregnancy cravings

Overall, the parents-to-be couldn't be happier with their baby news and their marriage. "He is so good! He brought me breakfast in bed a couple of days ago. He’s so sweet!" Duggar gushed to Us about Dillard. "He makes sure he gives me snacks before I get out of bed — protein snacks or saltines just so I’ll have something in my tummy before I start moving around. Grabbing me water…so he is so sweet. He is amazing… Married life is the best!"

Dang... I wonder if his breath stunk when they were courting, or if she just can't handle it now that she's pregnant. Another reason why you should at least kiss before marrying a person.

Dang... I wonder if his breath stunk when they were courting, or if she just can't handle it now that she's pregnant. Another reason why you should at least kiss before marrying a person.

Sounds like Jilly Muffin is more like Mama Dearest then we thought. Michelle has complained about Jim Boob's breath before. :lol:

I have a feeling she asks him to brush his teeth and suck on a mint because the smell of mint makes her morning sickness go away and not because he has stinky breath, though most people's breath doesn't smell too fresh first thing in the morning.

But people can feel and focus on multiple things at the same time. I think a lot of this "special attention" and "bonding" that gets talked about on the show as this super big unique deal is all for the benefit of the show. I have a large extended family, and in my culture your second cousin once removed might as well be your sibling--there's always someone getting married, getting pregnant, giving birth, getting baptized. No one event takes away from another, even when they happen at the same time. Crappy as the Duggars are I highly doubt that they just stopped paying attention to Jessa and the wedding planning to focus on Jill and her super early pregnancy. No matter what lip service they play to "all life is precious!" it's really not that serious in day-to-day life. Jill doesn't need that much attention at this stage from anyone but her husband, and there's no way the family is just so excited to coddle Jill that there's no room for Jessa. I seriously cannot imagine how Jill's pregnancy has changed anything for anyone. She's pregnant. They're happy. What more can there possibly be to it when the cameras are off? Jill will have to be a certifiable narcissist to expect her family to be all over her so early, and her family would have to be even more insane that we assume they are to be so fixated on her pregnancy that they can't focus on other things. Healthy spontaneous pregnancies just aren't exciting no matter what TLC and People like to tell us.

I agree with you regarding most of this. I think they were able to pay plenty of attention to Jessa and her wedding planning and make it special. It's just the media that put one story over the other - but the media is just their family business so they probably couldn't care less about who got the cover-- except that the cover likely translates to more $$$. And in a big family, extended or otherwise, filled with young adults there is always going to be a new relationship or wedding or baby.

I disagree that they probably aren't coddling Jill and super excited and making it a big focus - although I don't think it is at all their only focus. Pregnancy and babies are exciting to the whole extended family, IMHO.

I think Jill had no choice but to announce early anyway, she was clearly very sick, and since every person they see in the store or who visits the house or sees her at a restaurant is two clicks away from sharing that they saw her running off to vomit-- it just makes sense to tell it first.

I agree with you regarding most of this. I think they were able to pay plenty of attention to Jessa and her wedding planning and make it special. It's just the media that put one story over the other - but the media is just their family business so they probably couldn't care less about who got the cover-- except that the cover likely translates to more $$$. And in a big family, extended or otherwise, filled with young adults there is always going to be a new relationship or wedding or baby.

I disagree that they probably aren't coddling Jill and super excited and making it a big focus - although I don't think it is at all their only focus. Pregnancy and babies are exciting to the whole extended family, IMHO.

I think Jill had no choice but to announce early anyway, she was clearly very sick, and since every person they see in the store or who visits the house or sees her at a restaurant is two clicks away from sharing that they saw her running off to vomit-- it just makes sense to tell it first.

I agree with you. It's the same reason both of Kate's pregnancies were announced early. Plus, it's not like the Duggars haven't noticed that we tend to steal their thunder. The trip to Nepal was noticed and the connection of a possible courtship was made; Ben posted a picture with Jessa and things blew up; a picture of Derrick was found before the announcement and things blew up. And it's not just on here, gossip sites watch this board for the latest leads. If it's talked about on here with any kind of certainty, the media picks it up.

If the Duggars want to remain in control of speculations, they HAVE to come forward before the speculations occur. When you're dealing with really bad morning sickness, you can't hope people won't notice and won't speculate. As it is, there are already debates as to the date of conception. Could you imagine how much more intense those would be if the Duggars didn't make the announcement early. Any attempt on their part to state that she got pregnant after two weeks would result in even more claims of "doing damage control" than already witnessed.

Not to mention, everyone watches the midsections of married Duggars like hawks. Jill has been bloated since before the announcement. It wouldn't have taken long for people to start the speculations purely on her waistline, as they do every time they see pictures of Anna. Jill is married now, which means that her body will always be scrutinized with even the smallest shift in weight or posture.

I also agree that the media is just the family business. I honestly don't believe that the news articles were ready to go the day after Jessa's engagement. They clearly stated that Jessa was proposed to on "Thursday," rather than saying "yesterday." I take that to be one of those "Duggar truths": it's true that it happened on A Thursday, just probably not the one they implied. It's not like the family is above lying to the media. They lied about Jill's courtship until she was engaged.

I fully believe that Jessa had plenty of time to share her excitement with those she actually cares about before the pregnancy announcement. And, I also fully believe that she doesn't care about not having the cover. Ben probably does, but Jessa isn't one to revel in the spotlight.

Probably something he ate/eats...when I was pregnant I was sooooo sensitive to any fragrance. I could tell who ate garlic the night before, etc. it came out their pores or something. Even our tap water smelled different, and bad to me. I had bought a giant jug of dish detergent at Costco, and I had to have hubby take it out to the garage and buy something different because I could not stand to walk into the kitchen without almost puking from the smell, which I had liked before.

I agree with you. It's the same reason both of Kate's pregnancies were announced early. Plus, it's not like the Duggars haven't noticed that we tend to steal their thunder. The trip to Nepal was noticed and the connection of a possible courtship was made; Ben posted a picture with Jessa and things blew up; a picture of Derrick was found before the announcement and things blew up. And it's not just on here, gossip sites watch this board for the latest leads. If it's talked about on here with any kind of certainty, the media picks it up.

If the Duggars want to remain in control of speculations, they HAVE to come forward before the speculations occur. When you're dealing with really bad morning sickness, you can't hope people won't notice and won't speculate. As it is, there are already debates as to the date of conception. Could you imagine how much more intense those would be if the Duggars didn't make the announcement early. Any attempt on their part to state that she got pregnant after two weeks would result in even more claims of "doing damage control" than already witnessed.

Not to mention, everyone watches the midsections of married Duggars like hawks. Jill has been bloated since before the announcement. It wouldn't have taken long for people to start the speculations purely on her waistline, as they do every time they see pictures of Anna. Jill is married now, which means that her body will always be scrutinized with even the smallest shift in weight or posture.

I also agree that the media is just the family business. I honestly don't believe that the news articles were ready to go the day after Jessa's engagement. They clearly stated that Jessa was proposed to on "Thursday," rather than saying "yesterday." I take that to be one of those "Duggar truths": it's true that it happened on A Thursday, just probably not the one they implied. It's not like the family is above lying to the media. They lied about Jill's courtship until she was engaged.

I fully believe that Jessa had plenty of time to share her excitement with those she actually cares about before the pregnancy announcement. And, I also fully believe that she doesn't care about not having the cover. Ben probably does, but Jessa isn't one to revel in the spotlight.

Jill has made public statements saying that they released early because they believe life begins at conception and did not mention her morning sickness or bloating as a reason for the announcement. They've allowed Anna to get quite obviously pregnant before making announcements. I still think that Michelle's robo calls impacted the decision to make the announcement. Perhaps they knew those would get bad press and planned to release the engagement and pregnancy to cover them up.

I also think Kate Middleton and Jill Duggar are in two different categories of celebrities. While some gossip website might make predictions because of a picture of Jill looking ill or bloated (none of which have surfaced even though the morning sickness probably was going on for a month before the announcement) and Free Jinger and similar message boards would be all a flutter but a speculative pregnancy for Jill wouldn't be the headline for all sorts of tabloids or anything.

Jill has made public statements saying that they released early because they believe life begins at conception and did not mention her morning sickness or bloating as a reason for the announcement. They've allowed Anna to get quite obviously pregnant before making announcements. I still think that Michelle's robo calls impacted the decision to make the announcement. Perhaps they knew those would get bad press and planned to release the engagement and pregnancy to cover them up.

I also think Kate Middleton and Jill Duggar are in two different categories of celebrities. While some gossip website might make predictions because of a picture of Jill looking ill or bloated (none of which have surfaced even though the morning sickness probably was going on for a month before the announcement) and Free Jinger and similar message boards would be all a flutter but a speculative pregnancy for Jill wouldn't be the headline for all sorts of tabloids or anything.

I also think they only announced the pregnancy because the new season was coming up. If She had gotten pregnant after the season started I don't think they would have been so fast to announce it. and Jessa's engagement also. I mean they just happened to get engaged 3 weeks before the new season. Sure. :roll:

Joking, the future mom said she requests of her husband, "'Derick, can you please go brush your teeth like three times with mint toothpaste?! And then suck on a mint for a while before I kiss you?'"

Hey, at least she said "before I kiss you" instead of "before you kiss me"

that doesn't sound very submissive...

just think what Lori Alexander would say about that...

My sister announced her pregnancies after the pee stick dried. She never had a miscarriage, but by announcing early, she would've had a huge support system so she wouldn't have to grieve in private.

I recommend telling early. I once had to call my family from the ER to tell them that I was having an ectopic pregnancy. They didn't even know I was pregnant, even though they had seen me the weekend before. It sucked to have to call and tell them, but I needed the support. It would have been much easier if they had already known.

I recommend telling early. I once had to call my family from the ER to tell them that I was having an ectopic pregnancy. They didn't even know I was pregnant, even though they had seen me the weekend before. It sucked to have to call and tell them, but I needed the support. It would have been much easier if they had already known.

I am very sorry that happened to you. I truly hope you were able to get the support you needed and recover well.

I think it's fine to tell family/close friends whenever you feel comfortable. Some people prefer to grieve in private or like to have that time where the pregnancy is only known to the parents. For intimate relationships, it's really a personal comfort thing :) I'm a very private griever and a bit of a pessimist, so I can't imagine telling anyone besides the father (even my parents) until much later.

I think the difference here with Jill is that it's not JUST close friends. It's public. It's the world. It's like announcing it to co-workers x 10. If you miscarry, you now have to have a Jubilee-esque circus or else you didn't really love the baby. Again, the People announcement is like announcing a pregnancy to co-workers. If something goes wrong, that's probably not a quarter you're going to get a lot of SUPPORT from...but it is something you will have to deal with. It really, IMHO, would just add one more element to an already tough situation, which is why they recommend withholding the public announcement until later.

I think the difference here with Jill is that it's not JUST close friends. It's public. It's the world. It's like announcing it to co-workers x 10. If you miscarry, you now have to have a Jubilee-esque circus or else you didn't really love the baby. Again, the People announcement is like announcing a pregnancy to co-workers. If something goes wrong, that's probably not a quarter you're going to get a lot of SUPPORT from...but it is something you will have to deal with. It really, IMHO, would just add one more element to an already tough situation, which is why they recommend withholding the public announcement until later.

^^^This.

This is just my personal experience: I miscarried a pregnancy at 19 weeks. It was awful, and while the people around me were supportive, for weeks afterward I was giving people the news. They would ask me how I was doing, had I decided on a name, etc. Of course, every single one was very kind to me, but it was very painful for me to have to explain to (literally) nearly 100 people what happened.

A couple months later, I found out I was pregnant again at 7 weeks. I told three people: my husband, my mother, and my best friend. I miscarried less than two weeks later. My mom told fucking EVERYBODY SHE KNEW. I stopped by her office that day to let her know, and was surprised to find her coworkers asking me about the "new pregnancy" and telling me how glad they were to hear about it!

Now, that's not typical, of course, and my mother was hugely insensitive. But it is so painful to have to tell so many people about such a tragedy. It's a big part of why I urge people to wait to tell the whole world.

Of course, I can understand the drive to "grieve publicly". No one should ever feel like they have to carry something alone. Everyone deserves a great support system. But.... still. If the world hadn't known I was pregnant, it would have saved me so much hurt. But that's me personally, and I can't help but cringe a little when I see positive pregnancy test photos on facebook with "I calculate I'm about 6 weeks!" or my 43 year old roommate calling to tell everyone she's pregnant based on a pee stick.

Archived