IGNORED

Now back to your regularly scheduled Alexanders...

Oh you mean women should communicate with their husbands and tell them how they feel? That's crazy talk!

i know, right? :lol: But seriously it could lead to pretty severe health problems.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe she should try winning her blog readers 'without a word'!

Bahahahaha! :lol:

Is she okay? It looks like everything is on comment moderation, and barely any are being posted. Makes me wonder if she had some columns written in advance (which she says she does), but she put on comment moderation because she's away or in hospital.

Maybe she's in Texas for the wedding and too busy to do anything but post the pre-written columns?

Is she okay? It looks like everything is on comment moderation, and barely any are being posted. Makes me wonder if she had some columns written in advance (which she says she does), but she put on comment moderation because she's away or in hospital.

Maybe she's in Texas for the wedding and too busy to do anything but post the pre-written columns?

I think her son got married over the weekend; perhaps she's tied up with all the wedding activities.

I am interested to see what path her new daughter in law takes as far as career vs. keeper at home. Lori would not be an easy mother-in-law, in my opinion. I feel bad for the new bride trying to navigate a relationship with her.

I would die of embarrassment if my MIL had a blog where she went into details about her sex life.

I would die of embarrassment if my MIL had a blog where she went into details about her sex life.

And no one in Lori's life gets the option of being anonymous.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2011/11/when-husbands-say-no.html

In which Lori says, "Do as I say, not as I did" and Ken suggests that bargaining for more children is probably the best way to do things. :roll:

When he was here, Ken claimed that it didn't matter to him since they were going to have another baby in a year or so. He tried to sweep it under the rug and pretended not to understand why pretty much everyone here found it so reprehensible.

I got bored and went over the Always Hating on Everyone blog to see what words of "wisdom" Lori has for us and found that yet again she is contradicting herself from one blog post to another. Today she says this:

But if you go back to another recent post when someone asked if they should lie on tax forms both Ken and Lori responded with the idea that woman should just go along and lie because it wasn't that bad of a sin. So it is apparently in Lori and Ken world the husband word trumps God's commanments.

Absolutely, go ahead and obey your husband. The IRS is a very kind agency and never puts liens on your house, bank account, or paycheck, and never puts anybody in jail or anything. Go for it.

Absolutely, go ahead and obey your husband. The IRS is a very kind agency and never puts liens on your house, bank account, or paycheck, and never puts anybody in jail or anything. Go for it.

According to Ken the IRS will just ignore it and even if they did catch her it will most likely only be a misdemeanor. :roll:

The Bible of Ken Alexander:

Thou Shall Not Lie*

*Except if your husband tells you to.

*Except if you can get away with it.

Lori doesn't understand selection bias, does she?

Maybe, just maybe, the women who come to her or who are referred to her are just the sort that happen to be discontent and controlling.

If someone follows the blog, they likely see things Lori's way.

Lori has said that her church preaches mutual submission and that she disagrees with the pastor about this. If her church assigns a woman to her to mentor, it's a safe bet that someone at the church has realized that the wife was the main problem (or they really hate the woman).

She's just not going to meet women in truly abusive marriages, or women who are really weak and powerless.

I've seen those women, because they end up in family court or dealing with child protection officials. Yes, I've had good Christian women ask me what they could do to save their marriage, and wonder how they could possibly be better wives. The simple fact is that there was nothing that they could have done to stop the husband from drinking or using drugs or having affairs or being abusive.

When Lori says that you can't change someone else, you can only change yourself, she's right! It's one of the few things where I agree with her. The problem is that she goes on to preach that you CAN change your husband, if only you submit and pray....

Lori really didn't tell her readers HOW she mentors women. It would be nice to know actual details like how often she meets with them; what resources (besides the Bible) she uses, if any; when she might find it necessary to refer this woman to someone with more training - like a licensed counselor; if she ever suggests that the husband see a mentor; just how the church refers a woman to Lori and what accountability Lori has to the church leaders so they know her methods and success rates. She is, after all, representing her church if she counsels woman referred by them.

Finally, I'd like to know just how many marriages Lori has saved. I think Ken said it's been thousands. Maybe it was MILLIONS. I have a feeling Lori has saved ONES of marriages.

Finally, I'd like to know just how many marriages Lori has saved. I think Ken said it's been thousands. Maybe it was MILLIONS. I have a feeling Lori has saved ONES of marriages.

:lol:

Seriously, that's one of the funniest things I've read all week. Love it.

I'm not sure Lori has saved her own marriage. She kept Ken from leaving her but they seem to just barely endure each other, not love each other and have a thriving marriage. There is never any happiness or joy when Lori speaks of her marriage. Just submit, manipulate, and 10 minute sex with lube.

Lori really didn't tell her readers HOW she mentors women. It would be nice to know actual details like how often she meets with them; what resources (besides the Bible) she uses, if any; when she might find it necessary to refer this woman to someone with more training - like a licensed counselor; if she ever suggests that the husband see a mentor; just how the church refers a woman to Lori and what accountability Lori has to the church leaders so they know her methods and success rates. She is, after all, representing her church if she counsels woman referred by them.

Especially since their Facebook has less than 2000 followers... wouldn't these satisfied customers be following her blog/Facebook?

I went to try and find where Ken claimed Lori had saved thousands of marriages and instead found where Ken wrote this:

My wife is not submitting to me on some issues I would like to see changed or modified on her blog. Are you shocked??? We are working it through, and no, I do not force her to do anything. I ask, suggest but I do not force or push and pull. That too is unbecoming a loving husband.

It was pointed out that Lori should acknowledge on her blog that she does not submit to her husband, but of course, Lori would never own up to the fact that she doesn't practice what she preaches. I hope her readers are reading this and are reminded that when Ken asked her to modify her blog Lori said "No."

I went to try and find where Ken claimed Lori had saved thousands of marriages and instead found where Ken wrote this:

My wife is not submitting to me on some issues I would like to see changed or modified on her blog. Are you shocked??? We are working it through, and no, I do not force her to do anything. I ask, suggest but I do not force or push and pull. That too is unbecoming a loving husband.

It was pointed out that Lori should acknowledge on her blog that she does not submit to her husband, but of course, Lori would never own up to the fact that she doesn't practice what she preaches. I hope her readers are reading this and are reminded that when Ken asked her to modify her blog Lori said "No."

Did Ken expand on what he wanted her to change?

Did Ken expand on what he wanted her to change?

I don't have a quote, but I think one of the areas was spanking. He said he'd encourage her to modify, or soften, her advice on the spanking issue. Also, I think there was something about addressing "actual" abuse, which of course Ken and Lori think happens in like .01% of marriages, but that's a whole other story.

I don't have a quote, but I think one of the areas was spanking. He said he'd encourage her to modify, or soften, her advice on the spanking issue. Also, I think there was something about addressing "actual" abuse, which of course Ken and Lori think happens in like .01% of marriages, but that's a whole other story.

Do you think Ken actually wanted her to change it or do you think he was trying to make himself look good to us?

If I remember correctly he wanted Lori to come off as less harsh and judgmental( :lol: good luck with that Ken), he wanted her to give more warnings that her advice would not work if a husband was abusive or mentally unstable, and in general soften how she gave advice. And I believe he actually suggested these things and Lori threw a massive fit and refused to do them. A couple pages later he was back peddling and saying that he never actually told her to do anything he just made suggestions that she did not agree with so Lori was submissive. I bet Lori was furious that he told the ebil FJ members that she was not being submissive.

I think you're being pretty generous. :lol:

In my mind, this goes through the mind of the women she's actually helped have a healthier, happier relationship: "WTF? This woman actually acts like this? Ten minutes and lube whaaat? Submit more? Let him rape me? All I wanted to know was how to get him to put his dirty clothes in the hamper and this whacko wants me to cheat on my taxes and force feed my toddler. Damn, I have it great compared to this nutjob and her creepy ass husband. Maybe I'll just ask him to pick up his clothes. And smile and nod when she asks if she helped me. I'm kinda scared of her."

I think that Ken, unlike Lori, actually understands that appearances matter. He is, after all, a consultant who has the job of helping orthodontists make their image/office more appealing to potential customers.

So I think when Ken came here and saw the things we were saying were HUGE problems with Lori's blog, even if he didn't particularly agree with us, the business side of him understood what we were saying. Who knows though, maybe he did agree with us on some things and it gave him a chance to broach the subjects as coming from the ebil feminists rather than himself, saving himself a bit of a tongue lashing or withholding of the 10 minutes/lube.

I do get the feeling that Ken is less severe/strict than Lori (but that is a somewhat low bar, I realize).

Wow....someone's feeling bitchy today:

There is a woman who has been commenting on my blog for many years. She is a working mother and wife. Her children are all grown but whenever I teach about women being keepers at home, she has to add her two cents about how beautiful her life is even though she works outside of the home.

Recently, she made this comment on a post ~

As I lay in bed this morning I contemplated my choices. I could decide to stay home today {and for evermore} and have a sleep in, a lazy day {as the housework is all done} reading, watching movies, sewing, blogging, cooking – putting my feet up or I could get up and go to work. I have no children at home – so life at home would be a breeze.

Yes, some older women who stay home can choose to do those things but they can also choose to mentor young women as they are commanded to do. They can babysit their grandbabies, cook for families who are suffering, help clean a young mother's home for her, serve her elderly parents, teach Bible studies, listen to sermons and read books to learn more to teach younger women, help her husband in his work, plus many other very beneficial things that our society desperately needs, but is losing out with all the older women having careers.

Archived