IGNORED

10 Shraders in Zambia and counting...

SPHASH

Well I feel stupid :embarrassed: .

Never feel stupid for being genuinely concerned for someone's safety.

Unfortunately, genuine concern for safety is a symptom of basic human decency. You'd better take some colloidal silver to treat this condition STAT.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My sister's mother in law used to swear by it, but all it looked like to me was some wires going into a mason jar of water for a while, then they screwed the lid on and called it medicine.

She is really into homeopathy too fwiw :D placebo time! :banana-linedance:

mph.jpg

thesilveredge.com/howto.shtml#.U-hQFvldVC8

i think that bit of brillo pad is extremely significant. (jk, i really have no idea lol)

That is what the contrapation looks like??? OMG, colloidal silver sounded stupid enough, but I had no idea it was jury rigged up as something as ridiculous as that. Damn, even Scientologists try to make their e-meters look fairly legit!

Zambia isn't even close to where the Ebola epidemic is right now. It is about 5800 miles away.

That is true. But his readers had brought it up and he told them he was well stocked with all the medical supplied he'd need for whatever came their way.

There was also a bit of "ebola is a black flag to distract us--"stuff as well.

Hey, is there anymore info on this? I work in logistics & those personal articles shipments (when people move via container) are notoriously hard to clear US customs. I've been curious as to how it's been going at his end....

He hasn't posted anything more about it. On Friday he wrote about how tired he was from all his "footing" and promised a longer update on Saturday that never materialized. Surprising since he had such a great opportunity to share the gospel with a "lost Roman Catholic" for OVER AN HOUR.

Since then he has posted several messages about his parents' wedding anniversary and the anniversary of his father's church planting in Katy. Also some more anti-Muslim propoganda. I'm continually surprised by his rabid pro-Israel stance considering his usual opinion of non-Baptists. He believes Catholics are lost and hell-bound (he compares their historic atrocities to those of Hamas), and they're at least Christian. You'd think the most the Jews would earn would be some of his crocodile tears because they don't know Jesus. Or something :?

Still no word on the plane.

I'm not really surprised at the rabid pro-Israel stance. Many fundamental Christians support Israel no matter what because they believe it will hasten the second coming of Jesus.

I'm not really surprised at the rabid pro-Israel stance. Many fundamental Christians support Israel no matter what because they believe it will hasten the second coming of Jesus.

Ah yes, I always forget about the End Times :lol:

Zambia isn't even close to where the Ebola epidemic is right now. It is about 5800 miles away.

The thing is though, in this day and age, 5800 miles is one infected person (that doesn't know they are infected yet) airplane ride away. So it's not outrageous to be worried about people who aren't in the exact outbreak area.

This isn't the 1800's when traveling 5800 miles took weeks or months because it was done by horse/boat/whatever (I'm not that great with history, but I don't think people were traveling by plane regularly then).

That guy said he didn't even realize he was turning blue bc it occurred so gradually.

I think he is dead now? If I'm not mistaken,I think the silver affected his kidneys?

Oh the plus side,I think he said it did cure every ailment he took it for.

blue_man.jpg

Is this really what happens with colloidal silver? I know people can turn blue, but is this the actual effect?

I can't imagine doing this to my children. These people worry about folks at colleges with green hair and are willing to risk turning their kids this color?

As people who are willing to basically shame ANYTHING/ANYONE different, you'd think they would realize turning blue is not natural!

That guy said he didn't even realize he was turning blue bc it occurred so gradually.

I think he is dead now? If I'm not mistaken,I think the silver affected his kidneys?

Oh the plus side,I think he said it did cure every ailment he took it for.

I'm going to call bullshit on this. Unless he lived alone in a cave and saw no other people, I guarantee you that SOMEONE noticed he was turning fucking blue well before it got to the color he is now, particularly if it happened gradually.

When I had pancreititis and my liver values went through the roof due to it, I said to my husband, does my skin look sort of yellow to you? I'm sure it was gradual as well, but when your skin is normally flesh toned and suddenly it's....not...you notice.

I also have a condition that occasionally causes my feet to turn bluish and it's very noticeable when they are blue and not pink or bright red and not pink. You only need eyes to be able to tell.

Sorry, "Papa Smurf" was taken by Paul Karason, another man who turned blue from taking colloidal silver. Perhaps John-Boy could be "Kapolo Smurf?"

Arrogant Dumbasshole works for me

This is the website that John took all of his info about colloidal silver from. I'm sure it's completely and totally impossible that this guy has a vested interest in professing the safety of colloidal silver when he SELLS THE GENERATORS FOR A LIVING, right?! :evil-eye:

thesilveredge.com/index.shtml#.U-l_83kg_IU

My mom and dad told me my brother was born yellow. Me? I didn't notice. At 7, he was just a baby. All babies were that color, right?

My parents and doctors noticed my brother and got him treatment. Even if it had happened gradually hey would have noticed

That is true. But his readers had brought it up and he told them he was well stocked with all the medical supplied he'd need for whatever came their way.

There was also a bit of "ebola is a black flag to distract us--"stuff as well.

Sure, Africa is a huge continent. However, this disease could spread fast, and since countries there don't have the necessary medical infrastructure to avoid a huge epidemic, I wouldn't feel very safe right now there.

But Ebola probably isn't the thing they should be worried about the most. There are so many diseases to catch there, and without proper medical treatment, even way more harmless stuff can be fatal.

Is this really what happens with colloidal silver? I know people can turn blue, but is this the actual effect?

I can't imagine doing this to my children. These people worry about folks at colleges with green hair and are willing to risk turning their kids this color?

As people who are willing to basically shame ANYTHING/ANYONE different, you'd think they would realize turning blue is not natural!

on the silver edge website all the people in testimonial photos look a little grayish (but maybe because i was looking for it) :lol:

thesilveredge.com/howto.shtml#.U-m_EvldVC9

Sure, Africa is a huge continent. However, this disease could spread fast, and since countries there don't have the necessary medical infrastructure to avoid a huge epidemic, I wouldn't feel very safe right now there.

But Ebola probably isn't the thing they should be worried about the most. There are so many diseases to catch there, and without proper medical treatment, even way more harmless stuff can be fatal.

I read that many of the local populations don't trust modern medicine. They think modern medicine caused ebola. This has caused the widespread outbreak with many deaths. One women's family took her out of the hospital and placed her in the care of a healer. She died before she could be given proper medical treatment again. I think that the mistrust in mainstream medicine has exasperated the problem. John also has little faith in modern medicine. This is not going to end well.

Had John Boy flown his fancy new airplane yet? It is where he lives, isn't it? He's not waiting for customs, right?

As of March 2013, he had purchased the plane for $15K and it was already in Zambia, having been used by another missionary. He posted pictures of it and even had it as his FB cover photo for quite awhile. Many people expressed skepticism about the plane at the time (both here and on FB) but John blew them off. He has not mentioned anything further about the plane since arriving in Zambia.

He has also not said anything about the high capacity printer and tons of paper that someone was going to buy for him. The man offered to work overtime for a year to pay for John's purchases, but that money should have been available around the time the Shraders left the US (if it came through). I know he put his giant cutter in the container, but there won't be anything to cut without a printer.

I'm going to call bullshit on this. Unless he lived alone in a cave and saw no other people, I guarantee you that SOMEONE noticed he was turning fucking blue well before it got to the color he is now, particularly if it happened gradually.

When I had pancreititis and my liver values went through the roof due to it, I said to my husband, does my skin look sort of yellow to you? I'm sure it was gradual as well, but when your skin is normally flesh toned and suddenly it's....not...you notice.

I also have a condition that occasionally causes my feet to turn bluish and it's very noticeable when they are blue and not pink or bright red and not pink. You only need eyes to be able to tell.

Papa Smurf died from unrelated causes IIRC. No expertise here at all, but supposedly whether you turn blue, and how blue you turn, when drinking colloidal silver is probably genetically linked. It's an irreversible condition called Argyria. The silver can accumulate in the skin slowly or very fast depending on the dosage. http://www.webmd.com/news/20080905/colloidal-silver-faq

Rosemary Jacobs who is mentioned in that article has a website that is pretty sad. Take a look at Republican Stan Jones, too. He's still stubbornly drinking the stuff!

Colloidal silver may have some disinfectant properties applied topically, but taken internally seems to have no beneficial effects at all and may make you look like one of the walking dead. John has been suckered again. The idiot.

My sister's mother in law used to swear by it, but all it looked like to me was some wires going into a mason jar of water for a while, then they screwed the lid on and called it medicine.

She is really into homeopathy too fwiw :D placebo time! :banana-linedance:

mph.jpg

thesilveredge.com/howto.shtml#.U-hQFvldVC8

i think that bit of brillo pad is extremely significant. (jk, i really have no idea lol)

But does this machine actually DO anything? Besides make the purchaser's wallet lighter? :snooty:

But does this machine actually DO anything? Besides make the purchaser's wallet lighter? :snooty:

Yes, these gadgets dissolve* the silver into solution so that one can drink it. I have given a pure silver coin to a friend who then used some gadget similar to this to make the colloidal silver he presumably ingested.

* not a technical term, not sure if that's precisely the right word.

Had John Boy flown his fancy new airplane yet? It is where he lives, isn't it? He's not waiting for customs, right?

I'm glad John's plane is short range so he can't fly to Libera to "help out". I can imagine John single-handedly destroying Africa in his bumbling ignorance.

Yes, these gadgets dissolve* the silver into solution so that one can drink it. I have given a pure silver coin to a friend who then used some gadget similar to this to make the colloidal silver he presumably ingested.

* not a technical term, not sure if that's precisely the right word.

I'm trying to think of under what conditions I would think this was a good idea and I can't come up with any.

I did go and look at the page that was linked earlier and looked at the testimonials page and the fact that people are forcing this stuff down their pets terrifies me :(

It seems to me if it was such a great cure all, the medical community would either have embraced it or *conspiracy* made the information completely unavailable because big pharma /conspiracy Can't have people getting well from something so simple when big pharma can be making billions of $$$$ off the stupid sheeple.

Archived