IGNORED

10 Shraders in Zambia and counting...

SPHASH

It would just bless my heart if the 7th Day Adventists saw John and his family as a mission field ripe for the harvest and tried to covert him and his kids. Let him get a taste of his own medicine.

Oh, that would be hilarious!

I've always thought anyway that it would be great if we could just fence all the religious extremists (from all religions) into an area, and let them convert (or kill) each other, everyone else on this world would have a much better life.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seventh day Adventists are notorious for thinking that their way is the only way. It would be fun to watch them theological sparring

John hasn't updated since Sunday, but there is a somewhat cryptic comment from a follower:

We heard what happened with the container. If you all end up needing things PLEASE tell us so we can help out.

*insert dramatic music*

I'm not sure what happened, but I'm interested to see how John spins it.

John hasn't updated since Sunday, but there is a somewhat cryptic comment from a follower:

*insert dramatic music*

My guess is that one of our predictions came true and JohnBoy is too embarrassed to admit it. Spin = Satan is at work !!!!Eleventy!!!!

In reality, the container was probably:

1. Stopped at customs because he a) hasn't the cash to pay duty and didn't research enough, b) didn't have a proper inventory because God, c) Customs thought the massive stock piles of paper, essential oils and disposable diapers, and the printing press were for him to try to sell in Zambia.

2. Looted.

Let's wait and see what John says -- and whether or not the Troupie arrives without problems. I'm expecting drama there too. And with the plane. Where are mentions of the all important plane?

Where John's spin excuses are concerned - my money is always on Satan being to blame!

Or most of the stuff in the container is damaged/broken because John packed it about as well as he did the zip-tie suitcases.

*insert dramatic music*

Sometimes I wonder if John is commenting under fake accounts/profiles/whatever just to draw in speculation or make drama. I know that sounds ridiculous, but he kind of seems like the type...

John should spend less time on social media and more time helping his wife and kids.

No matter what happened to the container John will accept no blame. That is just the sort of person he is. Even if he did something incredible stupid that caused whatever happened he will find some way to claim that it wasn't him. He likes to say he is humble, but he has way to much pride to admit when he really messes up.

My guess is that one of our predictions came true and JohnBoy is too embarrassed to admit it. Spin = Satan is at work !!!!Eleventy!!!!

In reality, the container was probably:

1. Stopped at customs because he a) hasn't the cash to pay duty and didn't research enough, b) didn't have a proper inventory because God, c) Customs thought the massive stock piles of paper, essential oils and disposable diapers, and the printing press were for him to try to sell in Zambia.

2. Looted.

Let's wait and see what John says -- and whether or not the Troupie arrives without problems. I'm expecting drama there too. And with the plane. Where are mentions of the all important plane?

Where John's spin excuses are concerned - my money is always on Satan being to blame!

Years ago Malawi charged 100% import duty based on THEIR valuation. Now a small cash transaction at the pick up window usually got that dropped. I doubt he's smart enough to know that.

Of course it was looted.

It may also have been dropped and damaged.

Love to see Zambia Customs officers debatinga FIRST WORLD PROBLEM: "These folks have the best doctors in the world, any type of medication you can buy, so WTF are essential oils?" Honestly people--when you say "essential oils" people think massages. "Medicinal herbs" pot. And in Zambia? Some weird traditional healer stuff....not good. John is such a tool. :cracking-up:

John was pleased with this weekend's services. They had a chance to share the gospel with Luckson, a man who John had met previously. Apparently Luckson had been attending a "baptist church" (scare quotes in the original) but they NEVER EVEN ASKED HIM IF HE WAS SAVED. They just accepted him as a member. Crazy, right? :roll:

They met and shared dinner with another muzungu family called the Taylors, who had recently arrived in Zambia as part of Teen Challenge. John also reached out to 3 brothers who were 7th Day Adventists while they were on their way to "church" and was happy that he could plant the seed.

John was expecting the container to arrive today, so they have moved to the House on the Hill. I'll be interested to see how it looks...hopefully he'll post some pics soon.

Totally unrelated but I have fond memories of being called a mizungu. They didn't mean it fondly, but I remember it so. When we were climbing Kilimanjaro two years ago our guides and the staff we took with us were absolutely amazing. They were great to my son who was 12 at the time. When I got ill very quickly and very dangerously they were quick to respond and a less competent guide could have cost me my vision or my life. But they were extremely amused by our general disgust at the outhouses. The tourists aren't very good at hitting the hole and it isn't unusual for lots of pooping to go on because of the altitude and amount of exertion every day. So the tourist outhouses are pretty much revolting.

Finally when one of them was just sick of us commenting on it they looked at us and said, your mizungus you all need luxury. It made me laugh so hard and I told them right then how much I adored them and how amaZing they made that climb.

And I didn't even try to save them.

Any update on what might have happened to his container? If he doesn't mention the plane soon it is a pretty safe bet that some easily foreseeable happened to it and he is trying to come up with a way to blame anyone but himself.

They mystery of the cargo container is revealed. John says they lovingly and carefully packed the container not knowing (or asking?) how it would be delivered to them. The contents were off loaded to a truck and as a result many items (such as plywood for the bottoms of the kids' beds) went missing or as he says were "left" behind. Their piano/keyboard was apparently smashed.

Then there is more blather about witnessing to three guys who although he thinks they now understand his version of salvation, they haven't said the right words (his magic formula). One is the husband of Esther's midwife IIRC.

Someone actually suggested to him that he and Esther could end up divorced.

So basically it was his fault for not asking about how things would be delivered but he is not going to accept any blame? Classic John.

John or ShraderFriend, since you both read here, any news on that plane?

Esther also made an update. She was able to meet with the midwife and they heard the heartbeat on the doppler. She also says that when they went to move into the HotH, "many of the things we thought would be completed before moving in were not finished." Shocking, right? They are now back to staying all in one room, and John and Esther at least got a real bed to sleep in again. Esther was very emotional about having a washing machine again.

I really have no idea why they decided the HotH would be the best option. I guess in theory it will be larger than their other options if it ever gets finished, but it seems to be located in a much more remote area. That means farther to travel to even get supplies and more separation between John and the people he wants to save.

John says they spent the better part of a week loading the container, but we know they stayed up all night the day before it was picked up because it wasn't loaded yet. He also asks for prayers that the "printing equipment" will still function, so they must have brought something in the container. He ends the update with what I think is an STFU, Internet moment. Lots of talk about how god has PREPARED them for this and that their purpose isn't comfort. That "they" are answering god's call by being there, as if the children had any say in the matter. The hubris is really amazing.

A doppler is a device used to listen to the heartbeat of a fetus. HotH stands for house on the hill.

A doppler is a device used to listen to the heartbeat of a fetus. HotH stands for house on the hill.

Thank you. I knew what HotH stood for, but the only doppler I've heard of is "doppler radar," which, admittedly, I don't know for sure what that is either. Heh.

They mystery of the cargo container is revealed. John says they lovingly and carefully packed the container not knowing (or asking?) how it would be delivered to them. The contents were off loaded to a truck and as a result many items (such as plywood for the bottoms of the kids' beds) went missing or as he says were "left" behind. Their piano/keyboard was apparently smashed.

But what happened to the accordion? What happened to the accordion?!?

But what happened to the accordion? What happened to the accordion?!?

It magically appeared in a field -- oh wait, wasn't that Dede Haislip? Sorry, my bad :lol:

John says they lovingly and carefully packed the container not knowing (or asking?) how it would be delivered to them.

After seeing how he packed his luggage, I refuse to believe for even a second that the cargo in the container was packed "lovingly and carefully."

Two people recently died of Ebola in the Congo. Their deaths are unrelated to the current outbreak. The Congo is where Ebola originally started.

After seeing how he packed his luggage, I refuse to believe for even a second that the cargo in the container was packed "lovingly and carefully."

Well given what he considers good care of his wife and children his definition of "lovingly and carefully" might be slightly different than ours would be :wink-kitty:

Two people recently died of Ebola in the Congo. Their deaths are unrelated to the current outbreak. The Congo is where Ebola originally started.

I'm now having flashbacks to the poison wood bible. And it's not good.

Archived