IGNORED

10 Shraders in Zambia and counting...

SPHASH

I think it's because the money. Obviously a personal airplane for John and a brand new troupie are more important than something like his children's health. He said once that they were looking into vaccines in the US, but they were too expensive, so they're hoping to mooch off of the Zambians' health care system and get them for free there.

Selfishness like this makes my blood boil, especially after seeing those terrible pictures of that 10-year-old who died of malaria.

Have their been any recent updates on Esther or the kids? When is her due date?

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The free vaccines would however cover many diseases that the kids are more likely to get in Zambia than here. And since Hep A and B are both standard now I bet it would include those as well. What I would anticipate not being covered is Typhus and Yellow Fever (not sure if Zambia would need YF and if so then they would have to get vaxxed before returning to the US)

I would be less concerned about malaria (not that I wouldn't/shouldn't be concerned) than polio, typhus or hepatitis .

Also, I just can't imagine them in Zambia. There was a couple who joined our family when we climbed Kilimanjaro two years ago who had just finished up two years in Zambia doing aid work. It is hard for me to imagine the mooching Shraders and their modesty concerns in that environment based on the things we heard. The poor Zambians.

Someone asked Esther how she was doing, and she responded that she's in the "uncomfortable" part of pregnancy but "God's grace is sufficient" :| I think she's due in mid-September, so she should have another 6-8 weeks if she goes full term.

"God" allowed John to rent the Garden of Eden house for half the going rate, so he will be using that for his ministry students. He is currently super excited because Arcade has arrived from Burundi. "Blessing" was also able to come from another part of Zambia to meet them, so they had a nice reunion. There is a video on John's youtube page called "The African Macedonian Call" if you want to see more about their first meeting in Burundi last year.

John considers he and Arcade to have a "Paul and Timothy" relationship. He says:

Arcade is one of a handful of men the Lord has brought into my life who were desirous to be Biblically discipled, but most of those men were more of a peer. Although I am only about a decade older than Arcade, he has expressed to me on many occasions as we stayed in touch via facebook that he views me like my son in the faith.

Not exactly complimentary to Arcade, but I think I see why John values the relationship. He must be bursting over having other grown-ass men look at him with such a worshipful attitude.

Arcade is one of a handful of men the Lord has brought into my life who were desirous to be Biblically discipled, but most of those men were more of a peer. Although I am only about a decade older than Arcade, he has expressed to me on many occasions as we stayed in touch via facebook that he views me like my son in the faith.

Hee. Arcade desiring to be "Biblically disciplined" by John takes my mind to a dirty place.

Hee. Arcade desiring to be "Biblically disciplined" by John takes my mind to a dirty place.

If you could read John's flowery descriptions of how they grabbed each other and hugged tightly, it would probably magnify that...

I think he aspires to be DPIAT, at least from a "literary" perspective.

I don't know, but I am wondering about these people wanting to be "children" of the Schraders... ie, the woman/girl Esther met a coupel of weeks ago was wanting to call her "mom" the day they ment, this guy wanting to be John's son in the faith.

I know that some things may be lost in translation, but I wonder about what these faux family relationships are supposed to entail, that John and Esther may not recognize.

You added an "i" and an "n" and changed the word, but I like the way you think.

You added an "i" and an "n" and changed the word, but I like the way you think.

Oops. Perhaps my mind was already in a dirty place before I read this.

I don't know, but I am wondering about these people wanting to be "children" of the Schraders... ie, the woman/girl Esther met a coupel of weeks ago was wanting to call her "mom" the day they ment, this guy wanting to be John's son in the faith.

I know that some things may be lost in translation, but I wonder about what these faux family relationships are supposed to entail, that John and Esther may not recognize.

My guess is that they wouldn't mind latching on to the money and/or other resources that John throws around. Obviously he has his moocher tendencies, but he also showed up in-country and started renting property and buying a lot of stuff. He travels frequently for no apparent reason and basically gets money out of nowhere from his support churches. If I were living in poverty and had few opportunities in my country, I wouldn't mind being "family" to the Shraders...especially if I had a child to raise. If nothing else, Arcade gets free room and board for an indefinite amount of time, and all he has to do is sit around, read the bible and put up with Shrader.

I signed up for johns newsletter or whatever he emails it to a bunch of ppl. Is it ok to post it since it was sent to me??

I signed up for johns newsletter or whatever he emails it to a bunch of ppl. Is it ok to post it since it was sent to me??

You should double check with one of the mods but I think you are allowed to paraphrase but not post the entire thing since it isn't publicly available.

Where did you sign up? I'd like to hear direct from John too.

You should double check with one of the mods but I think you are allowed to paraphrase but not post the entire thing since it isn't publicly available.

I think you're allowed to post a full newsletter or email blast because there's no expectation of privacy from a mailing list that goes out to anyone who signs up for it.

You can send John an email at 2tim22@ gmail.com if you want to sign up for his updates. AFAIK he will also add anyone on FB who friends him until/unless you piss him off. That may change in future if he starts getting pushback. YMMV.

!  {TEXT1}:
As long as the information is available to the "public" (ie: anyone can sign up via a form that you just input your email address or something similar), then we treat it like any public information and you can copy/paste exact quotes.

If the information is from a private newsletter (ie: you have to be approved before joining/being added to the mailing list and the sender knows exactly who each copy of the newsletter is going to), then we consider it private information like any other private source and you must paraphrase.

Is this clear or do I need to try again?

Perfect! A previous poster shared his email I made a fake email account and he keeps promising to be more detailed but sent this. It's alarming that there is NO mention of pray for my wife who is gonna give birth with 0 medical care and doesn't seem like a priority. Anyways, anyone can email him to sign up. I suggest making a fake email lol

ETA: the stupid thing was to big I had to crop.

post-10230-14451999310026_thumb.jpg

post-10230-14451999310374_thumb.jpg

His arrogance is just blatant, isn't it?

Someone really needs to explain to him that Jesus (Esa) is in the Quran and Muslims are well aware of him. And I'd bet that living in a country that is "officially" Christian per its Constitution and has a small Muslim minority, the Muslims in Zambia know a hell of a lot more about John's religion than he does theirs.

I really, really cannot stand when people expect others to know everything about their culture/religion/country while not trying to learn anything about others.

Someone really needs to explain to him that Jesus (Esa) is in the Quran and Muslims are well aware of him. And I'd bet that living in a country that is "officially" Christian per its Constitution and has a small Muslim minority, the Muslims in Zambia know a hell of a lot more about John's religion than he does theirs.

I really, really cannot stand when people expect others to know everything about their culture/religion/country while not trying to learn anything about others.

Especially when said ignoramus is a guest within another culture, but still expects them to do all the learning. And I'm sure Rhoda's father really appreciated the family trying to entice his underage daughter away from her family's religion.

Before posting the prayer letter, John also made an update about his "Zambian nickname". Apparently it's common for Zambians to call white visitors "bwana", which basically means boss, just as a sign of respect in casual conversation. But John finds this entirely unacceptable, so he asked a number of people what the translation of "servant" is so they can call him that instead. After using the wrong word for a few weeks, he learned "kapolo" was the word he should be using. He is blessed and excited to hear people call him Kapolo John :roll:

While it is good of him to claim that he doesn't see himself as better than his Zambian aquaintances, the whole exchange is just the ultimate humble-brag. It isn't enough for him to be just another visitor, he has to be special. He follows up with:

It also highlights the false teachers who want to be, as they say here, the "Big Man". These "pastors" are such a joke, and expolit these precious people while Lording over them.

Right...:?

Has anyone else been watching the ebola outbreak with horror as it creeps towards Zambia? Yeah, me too...

Has anyone else been watching the ebola outbreak with horror as it creeps towards Zambia? Yeah, me too...

Nope, no horror as it creeps towards Zambia, just horror. My heart goes out to all those, who are affected.

I'm not sure if I'd like being called boss either... As a white person in Africa it just wouldn't sit well with me.

Poor Esther, it seems that the only mention she gets is that she is adapting well to the more primitive life style. I really feel sorry for the poor woman.

Poor Esther, it seems that the only mention she gets is that she is adapting well to the more primitive life style. I really feel sorry for the poor woman.

Poor Esther. Of course she is "adapting". She has no choice. She is heavily pregnant with close to double-digit kids to care for. I hope she takes her sweet smile off when she and John are alone and tells him exactly where he can shove it. I don't think she does, though.

Archived