IGNORED

10 Shraders in Zambia and counting...

SPHASH

My husband is an electrical engineer working at an avionics company. Great person to talk to about airplanes, lousy person to talk to about anything health related beyond simple first aid. And he only knows about first aid because he worked as a camp counselor, and that's what you should learn if you are going to be in charge of watching children in the wilderness.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John is beginning to make the missionary in PB look like a positively responsible father. I think John is lazy and cheap when it comes to his children. Trying to really protect his children from malaria and Ebola would take time and money away from himself. I'm sure he is greatly annoyed that attention has shifted from him bragging about being a slave for Zambia and towards how to keep his children safe.

And if one or more of his children die he will be all "Well. God's will. Nothing I could have done to protect them. This isn't a huge tragedy. Why are people acting like it is? PAY ATTENTION TO HOW I AM A HUMBLE SERVANT FOR GOD AND STOP FOCUSING ON MY CHILDREN!!!! LOOK AT MEEEEEE!!!!!!!" Because he is a selfish attention whore and nothing more.

I may have to stop reading this thread. It's so upsetting, his cavalier attitude toward his children's lives and really other people's lives, in general. I'm having health issues right now which are making me particularly hormonal, but this thread makes me cry every time I open it lately :(

I'm not even angry anymore. I literally weep for his children.

The frustrating thing is, even if his loyal followers see him for who he really is now, it is too late. They have already supported him financially and emotionally as he put the lives of his wife and children on the line. The concern for his children's health should have been shown before he got to Zambia. From ShraderFriend's non-answers it appears that it did not cross anyone's(well besides us) mind to think about the children. I just do this :angry-banghead: when I think of all the people who gave money and support and ignored his children until now.

The frustrating thing is, even if his loyal followers see him for who he really is now, it is too late. They have already supported him financially and emotionally as he put the lives of his wife and children on the line. The concern for his children's health should have been shown before he got to Zambia. From ShraderFriend's non-answers it appears that it did not cross anyone's(well besides us) mind to think about the children. I just do this :angry-banghead: when I think of all the people who gave money and support and ignored his children until now.

You know, I wonder if ShraderFriend and his ilk simply assumed, as a normal person would, that John was looking after the kids' needs. SF was pretty defensive about some of the stuff that you guys pointed out to him. That makes me wonder if the kids weren't a priority among the donors because it was simply taken for granted that John would do right by the kids before he bought, say, an airplane?

You know, I wonder if ShraderFriend and his ilk simply assumed, as a normal person would, that John was looking after the kids' needs. SF was pretty defensive about some of the stuff that you guys pointed out to him. That makes me wonder if the kids weren't a priority among the donors because it was simply taken for granted that John would do right by the kids before he bought, say, an airplane?

I imagine his supporters are probably a mix of those who assumed he would take the proper precautions, and those who are as full of shit as he is.

He really is a deluded, narcissistic schmuck.

While I'm here:

yg2OJJB.jpg

I think you're being overly charitable.

I wonder if he actually believes that crap or if he's really secretly terrified and trying to convince himself that his magic crystals and fragrant oils will keep him safe.

He believes it. The more I read from him, the more I realize he is not just arrogant and ignorant, not just blithe and insulated because of his upbringing and religious beliefs, but actually, truly, go surfing in Nebraska, dumb fuck stupid.

I would actually feel a bit bad for him if there weren't children involved. But there are. An aerospace engineer? I can't even... :hand:

I think that (not surprisingly) many of his followers already drink and have been baptised in the kool aid that says that vaccinations, pharma, government requirements for vaccinations, etc are all part and parcel of the evil government trying to snatch control from God. So, using essential oils, silver, iodide (or whatever) burning feather or wtf is not only accepted by his followers, but praised.

I think that (not surprisingly) many of his followers already drink and have been baptised in the kool aid that says that vaccinations, pharma, government requirements for vaccinations, etc are all part and parcel of the evil government trying to snatch control from God. So, using essential oils, silver, iodide (or whatever) burning feather or wtf is not only accepted by his followers, but praised.

It's the extremism I find so dangerous. I am hugely critical of much of what happens with big Pharma, and have had my life actually wrecked due to some of the crap that happens in the medical field. I also think that many of the interventions they do routinely in childbirth are causing much more harm than good. And that that the artificial crap they put in food is much, much worse than just using sugar and butter. And have had much better luck with some herbal remedies than some prescriptions.

BUT -- I also take medications I require, and think a c-section is sometimes needed, and wouldn't keep my kid away from having soda at a friends birthday party.

If there is freaking malaria, and ESPECIALLY Ebola, a disease with a 90% death rate, in my area I would do whatever was possible to protect my family. Even if it was sucking on an aspartame sweetened, red dye #40 chemical medicine developed by Monsanto.

There is no need to be so extreme in every single area of life.

When ever I see the title of this thread, I keep thinking are we counting up or down. Its sad to say that it might be counting down. But, John posted something about being willing to let his children die of disease for the sake of his mission work.

I hope Ester and the children are kept safe. I hope they have misquote nets up over all of the beds. I hope they have the recommended vaccinations. Above all, I hope that the children will be given proper medical treatment when they are sick.

I'm almost finished with Poisonwood bible. I was actually thinking the entire time that John Shrader was nothing like Nathan Price, because Price was 10 times as prepared.

And that's saying something.

Or malaria?

Colloidal silver has been known to turn people blue. I hope his kids don't end up with this pigent discoloration because of their dads stupidity.

I'm surprised that y'all are surprised about this. Remember that one or two babies ago, Esther claimed her labor was delayed because radiation from Japan was attaching to her electrolytes. These two are proof that evolution can go in reverse.

Colloidal silver has been known to turn people blue. I hope his kids don't end up with this pigent discoloration because of their dads stupidity.

If all 9 kids get out of Africa blue, I think I would be happily surprised. Honestly, compared to malaria or Ebola, blue doesn't sound so bad.

Out of curiosity, does anyone with knowledge or experience with Colloidal Silver know if it's even safe? I know next to nothing about it and have no interest in taking it, just wondering.

Out of curiosity, does anyone with knowledge or experience with Colloidal Silver know if it's even safe? I know next to nothing about it and have no interest in taking it, just wondering.

My sister's mother in law used to swear by it, but all it looked like to me was some wires going into a mason jar of water for a while, then they screwed the lid on and called it medicine.

She is really into homeopathy too fwiw :D placebo time! :banana-linedance:

mph.jpg

thesilveredge.com/howto.shtml#.U-hQFvldVC8

i think that bit of brillo pad is extremely significant. (jk, i really have no idea lol)

If all 9 kids get out of Africa blue, I think I would be happily surprised. Honestly, compared to malaria or Ebola, blue doesn't sound so bad.

Can we start calling Shrader Papa Smurf? :lol:

My sister's mother in law used to swear by it, but all it looked like to me was some wires going into a mason jar of water for a while, then they screwed the lid on and called it medicine.

She is really into homeopathy too fwiw :D placebo time! :banana-linedance:

mph.jpg

thesilveredge.com/howto.shtml#.U-hQFvldVC8

i think that bit of brillo pad is extremely significant. (jk, i really have no idea lol)

A Brillo pad and electrified mason jar water. Yeah...I think I'll stick with my prescription antibiotics.

Can we start calling Shrader Papa Smurf? :lol:

Sorry, "Papa Smurf" was taken by Paul Karason, another man who turned blue from taking colloidal silver. Perhaps John-Boy could be "Kapolo Smurf?"

When ever I see the title of this thread, I keep thinking are we counting up or down. Its sad to say that it might be counting down. But, John posted something about being willing to let his children die of disease for the sake of his mission work.

I hope Ester and the children are kept safe. I hope they have misquote nets up over all of the beds. I hope they have the recommended vaccinations. Above all, I hope that the children will be given proper medical treatment when they are sick.

It's like a horror movie where you're just waiting to see who dies first. Please Lord, let it be no one or John.

Unfortunately, I can envision news headlines from the future looking like this: Missionary's wife and ten kids die of Ebola in Zambia. "It was God's will" missionary tells reporters.

Zambia isn't even close to where the Ebola epidemic is right now. It is about 5800 miles away.

Well I feel stupid :embarrassed: .

Well I feel stupid :embarrassed: .

Don't feel stupid. It's easy to forget that Africa is such a huge continent. In any case, at the rate Ebola is spreading, who knows where it will be in a few months?

I think that normal people would do a little google search before handing out money to a man who wants to take a bunch of small children to Zambia. And if they did they would have found his used to be public FB page which clearly showed a man who did not give one shit about child safety.

I think the real reason Shraderfriend and other supporters never asked about the kids is because they view the children as being owned by John. SF would never answer if anybody when this first started looked into if this was in the best interest of the children. I know the answer is that no, nobody even thought to ask about what is in the children's best interest because in their world as long as John says "God" told him to do something, it doesn't matter what this is going to do to the children.

Archived