IGNORED

Duggar Weddings & Receptions

toejamflipflop

I had a nightmare about this wedding the other night and All I can picture in my mind is that Jill wears Michelles wedding gown from a couple of years ago. Attendents gowns were the ones worn at Josh and Anna's wedding and Jill borrows Anna's bouquet like Michelle did when her and boob got remarried. Jimboob doesn't even have to buy used because wedding attire is just hanging around the house.

Reception foods: bottles of pickles with a ribbon tied around the top of the jar created a down home centerpiece for the Bridal Table. All guest eat holding their party plates on their laps ate the finger foods of little squares of cut bologna with French's Mustard Smiley Faces atop a Ritz Cracker That Ma Bates made with her own two hands. A small chunk of Tator Tot Casserole scooped up with a tiny melon ball cutter was the main course. The Casserole was lovingly made by the youngest Duggar sisters, the ones with the snot on their noses. Yum Yum. On the Bride and Grooms table a small store bought day old cake with Happy Graduation crossed out and Good Luck written was used for the couple to cut but the main cake was the famous Duggar Ice Cream cake made from Ice Cream Sandwiches served to all the guest. Cousin Amy can provide the entertainment at the Wedding and Reception. Jimboob hardly had to spend any money at all on Jills wedding.

Isn't it funny how we remember some dreams but always seem to forget the good ones. Every thing in this nightmare was so vivid and in color no less. Amy had on cowboy boots and a mini skirt and all the guys at the reception were yelling Nike at her every time she started to sing. :pink-shock:

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it is safe to say that Jill will be in something brand new that is very young and modern-looking. Her bridesmaids likely will be also. Jill strikes me as a daddy's girl (not in a bad way, though) and I can see Jim Bob wanting to give her the wedding of her dreams, since he'll be the one paying and she's the first daughter getting married.

As family of the bride, I think Anna's family were much more responsible for paying for Josh and Anna's wedding than the Duggars let on, hence the second-hand dress and hand-sewn bridesmaids dresses.

I hope she gets a trip to Kleinfeld's, and I'm willing to bet TLC will throw out far more money for a Duggar daughter wedding

I hope she gets a trip to Kleinfeld's, and I'm willing to bet TLC will throw out far more money for a Duggar daughter wedding

I hope she doesn't go to Kleinfeld's. When's the last time you saw a nice-looking modest dress from there? Even they admit that the majority of what they carry are strapless, and they do very little to cater to brides that wish to show less skin. Jill would be better off at a shop that caters to modest brides- far more and better options for her to choose from.

I had a nightmare about this wedding the other night and All I can picture in my mind is that Jill wears Michelles wedding gown from a couple of years ago. Attendents gowns were the ones worn at Josh and Anna's wedding and Jill borrows Anna's bouquet like Michelle did when her and boob got remarried. Jimboob doesn't even have to buy used because wedding attire is just hanging around the house.

Reception foods: bottles of pickles with a ribbon tied around the top of the jar created a down home centerpiece for the Bridal Table. All guest eat holding their party plates on their laps ate the finger foods of little squares of cut bologna with French's Mustard Smiley Faces atop a Ritz Cracker That Ma Bates made with her own two hands. A small chunk of Tator Tot Casserole scooped up with a tiny melon ball cutter was the main course. The Casserole was lovingly made by the youngest Duggar sisters, the ones with the snot on their noses. Yum Yum. On the Bride and Grooms table a small store bought day old cake with Happy Graduation crossed out and Good Luck written was used for the couple to cut but the main cake was the famous Duggar Ice Cream cake made from Ice Cream Sandwiches served to all the guest. Cousin Amy can provide the entertainment at the Wedding and Reception. Jimboob hardly had to spend any money at all on Jills wedding.

Isn't it funny how we remember some dreams but always seem to forget the good ones. Every thing in this nightmare was so vivid and in color no less. Amy had on cowboy boots and a mini skirt and all the guys at the reception were yelling Nike at her every time she started to sing. :pink-shock:

What about the Chicketti? :naughty:

Anybody know how many people they are expecting? This wedding could get VERY expensive.

I would guess somewhere in the neighborhood of 1000, if Erin Bates' wedding is any indication. However, they don't feed everyone a full meal at most of these fundie weddings, and they don't have dancing, so the expense of a dance floor/band/DJ, so both those factors cut down on costs dramatically.

Anybody know how many people they are expecting? This wedding could get VERY expensive.

Have it a home. The Duggars property looks big enough,

Or in a megachurch--it's not as if fundies get a separate reception site, they just serve some cake in the basement/fellowship hall/basketball court.

I would guess somewhere in the neighborhood of 1000, if Erin Bate's wedding is any indication. However, they don't feed everyone a full meal at most of these fundie weddings, and they don't have dancing, so the expense of a dance floor/band/DJ, so both those factors cut down on costs dramatically.

They also don't have alcohol. Or lots (any?) favors, centerpieces, etc. They don't have caterers, or wedding planners, or other staff. They cut out a majority of the wedding budgets that way.

Jill went to a Bridal Shop in DC.

They also don't have alcohol. Or lots (any?) favors, centerpieces, etc. They don't have caterers, or wedding planners, or other staff. They cut out a majority of the wedding budgets that way.

So really the dress, the rings, the flowers, a church fee, and some cold cuts on a stick with an olive on top.

They do have wedding planners; usually a friend of the family has that skill set. I think Kelly Bates's sister will be doing the flowers.

And Erin will play the piano, I guarantee it. I do hope that they choose to include Nepal in some little detail, given its importance to the courtship.

If they really want well tailored and beautiful modest wedding gowns, they would find a place that catered to Modern Orthodox Jewish brides. It would definitely avoid both the t shirt wedding dresses and modified hot messes like Erin Bates's gown.

Jill went to a Bridal Shop in DC.

Where's this info coming from...?

Where's this info coming from...?

Someone posted a photograph of herself holding Marcus on instagram and wrote that she was with the Duggars wedding dress shopping in DC.

Someone posted a photograph of herself holding Marcus on instagram and wrote that she was with the Duggars wedding dress shopping in DC.

Thanks, where is this photo? Was it on the Duggars instagram or Josh's or somewhere else?

It was a midwife friend of Jill’s named Venessa Giron. Apparently, she's coordinating Jill and Derick’s wedding.

Venessa Giron Instagram: @midwifenesa

And if those Jilly Dilly pinterest posts were anything to go by, that's exactly what Jill wants. For the reception at least.

I hope she doesn't go to Kleinfeld's. When's the last time you saw a nice-looking modest dress from there? Even they admit that the majority of what they carry are strapless, and they do very little to cater to brides that wish to show less skin. Jill would be better off at a shop that caters to modest brides- far more and better options for her to choose from.

They actually have a line of reserved, mroe modest dresses for their orthodox clientele. Elizabeth Smart got her gown there, and most Mormons are known for conservative wedding gowns.

They actually have a line of reserved, mroe modest dresses for their orthodox clientele. Elizabeth Smart got her gown there, and most Mormons are known for conservative wedding gowns.

^This. Actually, before it started pimping itself out on "Say Yes To a The Dress", Kleinfeld's claim to fame was it's modest but fashionable wedding dresses.

If they really want well tailored and beautiful modest wedding gowns, they would find a place that catered to Modern Orthodox Jewish brides. It would definitely avoid both the t shirt wedding dresses and modified hot messes like Erin Bates's gown.

There is a large modern orthodox community just outside DC, in Silver Spring, Maryland. So hopefully she went to a shop that sells modest gowns.

Edited to fix typo.

Archived